PDA

View Full Version : Oberto (dirty or veteran savvy)

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 01:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYICq8q-vIU

Viva Las Espuelas
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYICq8q-vIU[youtube]will you ever learn

bdictjames
12-14-2007, 01:34 PM
The latter

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice push on the back while Bynum was jumping...veteran move for sure....but still a foul...I liked to see the refs give the ball back to the lakers though..nice make up call. If they called the foul than the ejection wouldn't have happened.

BonnerDynasty
12-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Oberto is dirty because he walked by Bynum who then WALKED TOWARDS OBERTO TO INITIATE CONTACT?

Or that little push Oberto gave to Bynums back that happens 12132342 times during a basketball game?

What an idiot for getting ejected.

Where's the youtube vid when Bynum shoved Ginobili to the ground? Happened at halfcourt when the Spurs were brining the ball up. No call of course.

ambchang
12-14-2007, 01:37 PM
uhh ..... what did Oberto do that was even remotely dirty? got scratched on the arm?
Better title would be:
Bynum (stupid or dumbass mistake)

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Bynum totally played into the Spurs hands...getting guys ejected is there thing I here....

Bynum acted like a 20 year old and I'm glad he showed fire. This is a good thing.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 01:39 PM
The second foul was all Bynum. He went after Oberto, pissed because he had gotten a foul called before. I really don't get where Jackson gets that Oberto grabbed him! Plus let me just :lmao @ Laker fans calling Oberto dirty.

BonnerDynasty
12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Bynum totally played into the Spurs hands...getting guys ejected is there thing I here....

When they have the I.Q. and emotional composure of a fruit loop, it is pretty damn easy.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 01:42 PM

Bynum acted like a 20 year old and I'm glad he showed fire. This is a good thing.
Getting guys ejected?? :lmao :lmao Give me a fucking break! So now the Spurs are responsible for other people's stupidity?

I think you're confusing the Spurs with the fucking JEDI! Say it with me, THERE IS NO MIND CONTROL! Either that, or tell your players to start wearing tin foil hats.

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I like the ref after the first tech and Bynum was walking away called another one 30 feet from the play....nice....I guess the game was getting to physical with all the clutching and grabbing the spurs do, they made an example out of Bynum. But, that's whay veteran teams do. I applaud them.

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Getting guys ejected?? Give me a fucking break! So now the Spurs are responsible for other people's stupidity?

I think you're confusing the Spurs with the fucking JEDI! Say it with me, THERE IS NO MIND CONTROL! Either that, or tell your players to start wearing tin foil hats.

Just like in the Phoenix situation, they know how to get guys under their skin and if their weak they exploit it....cause a few dirty plays and the other team goes off....very Karl Malone, Rodman like....still a great strategy. You know they made a mistake when Kobe should have been called for a tech for yelling at the ref, but guess what no call.....hmmmmmmnnnnn

ehz33satx
12-14-2007, 01:46 PM

No wonder Lakers fans are so dang dumb, they can't even spell 2 simple words correctly, it should read "their thing I hear" not "there thing i here." What dumb asses. I know! I know! Harping on someone's spelling, but still.

BeerIsGood!
12-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Is this the Lakers version of da_suns_fan? What an idiot.

nkdlunch
12-14-2007, 01:49 PM
and this needed a thread???

get a life

violentkitten
12-14-2007, 01:53 PM
:baby

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Just like in the Phoenix situation, they know how to get guys under their skin and if their weak they exploit it....cause a few dirty plays and the other team goes off....very Karl Malone, Rodman like....still a great strategy. You know they made a mistake when Kobe should have been called for a tech for yelling at the ref, but guess what no call.....hmmmmmmnnnnnyou actually believe the Spurs were to blame for Phoenix's suspensions last playoffs? What are you a Suns fan?? Who the fuck told those two imbeciles to get off the bench? Horry's foul was hard and uncalled for, no argument here, but if you think the Spurs had the whole scenario planned you are beyond help.

urunobili
12-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Typical Laker homo thread...

ATX Spur
12-14-2007, 02:02 PM
What is this video supposed to show, other than Bynum showing his age and acting like an idiot?

cherylsteele
12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
A Laker fan complaining about the refs? How original. :rolleyes
I remember at least one call the Lakers got...or should I say non-call? I don't remember if it was the 2nd quarter but the Lakers got away with offensive goal-tending...where the ball was clearly in the cylinder. Along with How many times did Kobe get away with carrying the ball....I lost count.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 02:12 PM
I just can't get over the whole "He let them get into his head" bullshit! Bynum is a little fucking brat! He throws more temper tantrums than he does dunks! Fuck Bynum and his immature bullshit.

timvp
12-14-2007, 02:17 PM
I LOL'ed when I saw Oberto walk over and stick his head right into Bynum. Oberto knew exactly what he was doing. He knew Bynum was pissed so he just calmly walked over there and aggravated the situation.

Pure veteran move.

ancestron
12-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Bynum acted like a dumbass, plain and simple.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I LOL'ed when I saw Oberto walk over and stick his head right into Bynum. Oberto knew exactly what he was doing. He knew Bynum was pissed so he just calmly walked over there and aggravated the situation.

Pure veteran move.:lol

Sportcamper
12-14-2007, 02:32 PM
I would not say that Alberto is dirty...He is just well coached...Using a “C" player to get an "A" player in foul trouble or ticked off is very effective.. .

Horry got 2 guys suspended in the playoffs against the Suns?...Brilliant play-off savvy...

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
I would not say that Alberto is dirty...He is just well coached...Using a “C" player to get an "A" player in foul trouble or ticked off is very effective.. .

Horry got 2 guys suspended in the playoffs against the Suns?...Brilliant play-off savvy...I'll jot this one up as sarcasm because the alternative is just not plausible

Fillmoe
12-14-2007, 02:35 PM
spurs bball at its finest.....

AFBlue
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Pure veteran move.

Couldn't agree more.

Cold, calculated....and awesome!

LakeShow
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Oberto is a Thug, so is Manu!

Mister Sinister
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
GTFO

T Park
12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
after last night Oberto officially became my favorite player on the Spurs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Oberto played him like a fiddle. There was no intent (or even much of a chance) to harm. He baited Bynum and Bynum bit hard.

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
So....I put my post up and get ridiculed and even called "da suns fan"....and guess what you guys are starting to agree with me. It's pure strategy, not hate. Cheap yes, but that's how championship teams play. Physically and emotionally. The next game in January will sure be fun....

urunobili
12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
So....I put my post up and get ridiculed and even called "da suns fan"....and guess what you guys are starting to agree with me. It's pure strategy, not hate. Cheap yes, but that's how championship teams play. Physically and emotionally. The next game in January will sure be fun....
don;t forget the lube for the second part of brokeback mountain...

Sportcamper
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Medvedenko Last nights game was so booring..The Lakers sleep walked for three quarters & fianally decided to stop toying with the Spurs in the 4th quarter…I would like the Lakers to take the Spurs more seriously….Yes I know that the Spurs are old & slow & injury prone now, but still….

BLACKMAMBA24
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
It doesn't matter,it didn't make a difference.

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Good one.....I think....

I hope we have Kwame back for that game....and have already traded ODOM.

td4mvp21
12-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Horry got 2 guys suspended in the playoffs against the Suns?...Brilliant play-off savvy...

Since when is Bynum an "A" player?

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Well, I never had a doubt that the game would not be in hand...but I was dissapointed in LA'a performance. This shows you the power of having veteran players who know the game and understand team concepts and tempo.

Medvedenko
Since when is Bynum an "A" player?

He's and "A" player for us.....that should tell you something.

spurs_fan_in_exile
Hey, any guy with the brains to rattle someone clear out of a game has got to get at least a B minus ranking.

nfg3
12-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Oberto has been around and is a savvy player. All the vets do subtle and not so subtle things on the court. Its part of the game and if anyone wants this to be controlled don't look at the players. It's the refs responsibility for that. Anyway most vets i will attempt to get into the opposing player(s) head and distract them. What Oberto did would have made Bill Laimbeer proud. :smokin Against Bynum it worked. He lost it and paid the price. Now he gets to learn a lesson about NBA play as well and growing up a little. He's a good looking player and I think over time he'll do just fine.

As for implying that it is the Spurs strategy to make dirty plays in order to get other players to over react is a stretch don't you think? Common practice for the Spurs? Everyone on the team knows this is happening? Since current players would probably deny this you probably talked to Udrich and he has confirmed this? Pretty lame dude. :drunk

confined
12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
well he does look pretty greasy...

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 03:58 PM
Well....all I know is that this is the MO for Veteran laden championship teams. I'm applauding the Spurs and it's a good lesson for the young Lakers. Still, I think the refs were very quick with the whistle on this play especially.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-14-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but a play or two before this happened. The Lakers missed a shot and the Spurs had the rebound, Bynum threw Ginobili to the ground. I only saw it once, but to me it looked like Bynum added a little extra when he was throwing Manu down.

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 04:06 PM
http://www.nba.com/lakers/multimedia/0708video.html

Check out this vid...both Bynum and Turiaf talking smack about Oberto, clutching, grabbing and holding...kind of funny really.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Check out this vid...both Bynum and Turiaf talking smack about Oberto, clutching, grabbing and holding...kind of funny really.

Jon Barry?? Nice one Larry Odom

txstr1986
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
I missed the game but that video was awesome. Yeah Oberto fouled Bynum but Bynum is the immature little kid who doesn't know that you're supposed to let your playing do the talking. Hell, I learned that when I first started playing basketball.

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I liked the Jon barry comment as well...still they need to Ship LO's ass out soon hopefully. Yes, Bynum is a little Kid...he just turned 20....this is essentially his 5th year playing b-ball. 2 years in Highschool and is working on his 3rd in the NBA.

ThomasGranger
12-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Medvedenko Last nights game was so booring..The Lakers sleep walked for three quarters & fianally decided to stop toying with the Spurs in the 4th quarter…I would like the Lakers to take the Spurs more seriously….Yes I know that the Spurs are old & slow & injury prone now, but still….

I wish the Spurs would take the Lakers more seriously. Sure, they haven't done anything since trading Shaq and they will probably flame out in the first round once again, but . . . oh, wait . . . there is no reason to take them seriously.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Why do fans of other teams whine like bitches when they win?

Slippy
12-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Nice little shove-under the basket. You see it all the time during a game, when bigs try to establish position. The refs either miss it or choose to ignore it. Not worth calling a foul really.

thispego
12-14-2007, 05:48 PM

sooo is Turiaf gay?? serious question

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Who knows...maybe...do you care that much.

LakeShow
12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
Maybe the lakers should do like that FAG team does that sends video tapes to Stern for a player who was accidentally bitch slapped, or better yet, bitch to the league about a 65 year old man threatening to kick one of your 7' footer's ass? Or maybe Kobe can take out a full page add crying about getting fair calls???

Naw, that's the punk way out! The Lakers don't flow like that. They'll deal with the THUGS next game! :smokin

ChumpDumper
12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
You're a bunch of whining idiots, and so are the Lakers if they couldn't handle that normal level of NBA play.

Fillmoe
12-14-2007, 06:08 PM
apparently they could handle it.... did you forget who won the game?

ChumpDumper
12-14-2007, 06:09 PM
apparently they could handle it.... did you forget who won the game?And yet they and their fans are still whining about it. That is not handling it. Cash your check for playing a child's game and STFU.

Holt's Cat
12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
apparently they could handle it.... did you forget who won the game?

sans Duncan and Parker, of course.

jn77
12-14-2007, 06:28 PM

So we are resorting to this...Ok, I will bite

KOBE IS A BITCH, Bynum is a Thug, and LAKESHOW1 is a dumbass!

We born to be bad
12-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Oberto is Fab..ulous?

I want
Fabulous!
That is my simple request
All things fabulous
bigger and better and best!

I need more
I need, I need
I need, I need
I need, I need!
I need fabulous!

Fabulous hair, fabulous style!
Fabulous eyes, and that fabulous smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCl5gs7GFWY

I'm a girl but not Sharpay :lol however I think Oberto's so cute :makeout

off topic again? :oops

ArgSpursFan.
12-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Oberto is Fab..ulous?

I want
Fabulous!
That is my simple request
All things fabulous
bigger and better and best!

I need more
I need, I need
I need, I need
I need, I need!
I need fabulous!

Fabulous hair, fabulous style!
Fabulous eyes, and that fabulous smile!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCl5gs7GFWY

I'm a girl but not Sharpay :lol however I think Oberto's so cute :makeout

off topic again? :oops

Come down to Argentina and I'll show you what Fabulous really is girl. :fro

E20
12-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I think Kobe said it best in his post game interview.

We born to be bad
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Come down to Argentina and I'll show you what Fabulous really is about girl. :fro

I don't think so. Oberto isn't an italian player like Biedrins? but he seems to be an european guy!

td4mvp21
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I'd rather a player on the team I cheer for be dirty/vet savvy rather than the biggest fucking bitch in the league, aka Kobe Bryant. Bryant bitches about every fucking thing. I think he forgets that just because he misses doesn't mean he got fouled. I also think he forgets that the game does not revolve around him.

Cherry
12-14-2007, 08:32 PM
He's and "A" player for us.....that should tell you something.

that Bynum is... immature :baby

Medvedenko
12-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Yeah Kobe complains....do you see Bowen complain to the ref every single time he gets called for a foul...dude should foul out everytime the lakers play...he has to be the biggest complainer on the spurs with TD coming second. Oh yeah, Kobe is a bitch a lot of the time....

phyzik
12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
shove by Oberto was a foul

Bynum freaking out afterwards and Oberto intentionally walking up to him all casual like, then walking away after Bynum got even more pissed, veteran.

BonnerDynasty
12-14-2007, 09:49 PM

Did you see Oberto's arm and back scratched to hell? What a bunch of crybabies too stupid to see how the interviewers are egging them on to cry even more.

Fuck the Lakers. The Lakers are nothing. Meet us in the 1st and get swept.

hendrix
12-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I don't think so. Oberto isn't an italian player like Biedrins? but he seems to be an european guy!

Oh... you lost him... you got him at one point, but now you are way too obvious.
It could have been fun you know. Still.... who knows... maybe he'll bite.

Tippecanoe
12-14-2007, 09:57 PM
that was a push by oberto

td4mvp21
12-14-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah Kobe complains....do you see Bowen complain to the ref every single time he gets called for a foul...dude should foul out everytime the lakers play...he has to be the biggest complainer on the spurs with TD coming second. Oh yeah, Kobe is a bitch a lot of the time....

Don't turn this around to the Spurs. Kobe is the biggest drama queen, look at me, attention whore, I'm gonna bitch about everything because I think I own the league player in the NBA. Demanding trades, taking it back, then demanding it again, crying after every missed shot, crying after every foul called on him. He's a bitch. The biggest bitch in the league. Complain about him instead of the refs or the Spurs. You're fucking stupid.

exstatic
12-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Using a player's obvious immaturity against them is no worse or different than catching an opponent leaning the wrong way on defense or overplaying one direction. The WORST thing that Bynum can do is to carry this to the next game, but I'm sure he will, and the Spurs will get him off his game again by playing the game within the game.

Oh, and Fisher is nothing more than a guard version of the same thing. Funny that Laker Fan doesn't bring that up. He's about ten times the splinter under the skin than Oberto could ever dream about being.

m33p0
12-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Bynum isn't only immature but also a hot-head. Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd-FLEDTfao

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Oh how I wish Shaq would have knocked the fuck out of Bynum on that one. Cocky little fuck needs to get his ego in check

LaMarcus Bryant
12-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Worthless Thread of the Day Award

MaNuMaNiAc
12-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Here's another little gem by the brat

6mOzQnwhqFE

dg7md
12-15-2007, 12:35 AM
16 rebounds.

Holt's Cat
12-15-2007, 12:45 AM
The Lakers made their season. They beat the Spurs. In December. Without TD and TP.

ArgSpursFan.
12-15-2007, 08:36 AM

He´s Argentinian. 100 % Argie.His family came from Europe(grand perents I believe),Just like many others(including myself).

m33p0
12-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Maybe the lakers should do like that FAG team does that sends video tapes to Stern for a player who was accidentally bitch slapped, or better yet, bitch to the league about a 65 year old man threatening to kick one of your 7' footer's ass? Or maybe Kobe can take out a full page add crying about getting fair calls???

Naw, that's the punk way out! The Lakers don't flow like that. They'll deal with the THUGS next game! :smokin

thugs won by 2 against the lakers.

SAGambler
12-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Just like in the Phoenix situation, they know how to get guys under their skin and if their weak they exploit it....cause a few dirty plays and the other team goes off....very Karl Malone, Rodman like....still a great strategy. You know they made a mistake when Kobe should have been called for a tech for yelling at the ref, but guess what no call.....hmmmmmmnnnnn

Which begs to ask....Why did Kobe not get called for a tech, and if he kept jawing, why not toss him too?

Remember Duncan got tossed for laughing on the bench.......

Yet Kobe can go after an official, keep jawing for 2 or 3 minutes and they look the other way.....Go figure.

Martin R
12-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Bynum needs a brain and Instructions on how to use it....