PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III

Soul_Patch
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
My wife bought this for me for christmas. I have been playing it for the past few nights and im totaly addicted.

I finally beat it on medium so i tried hard....holy shit, i did one song, barely...

i dont know who on earth could even finish a song in expert, much less beat the game.

ATRAIN
12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
My wife bought this for me for christmas. I have been playing it for the past few nights and im totaly addicted.

I finally beat it on medium so i tried hard....holy shit, i did one song, barely...

i dont know who on earth could even finish a song in expert, much less beat the game.

Its not that hard (thats what she said) but you just need to learn how to either slide your hand over for the orange. I am almost done with the play list on hard, then on to expert.

Mixability
12-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Best advice, start playing with your index finger on red and pinky on orange. Your index is better to control to hop over to the green than your pinky to have to get the orange. Hope you know what I mean.

Flight3107
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
-9ao_vOsZkg

Marklar MM
12-14-2007, 05:04 PM
a

Marklar MM
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
CnPsPM5Jw8A

Marklar MM
12-14-2007, 05:13 PM
e4CazgRmI-s

thispego
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
wellll. i never thought it would come to this... :depressed

cherylsteele
12-14-2007, 05:32 PM
I have ben hearing that my favorite all time song is the finale or something........The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Clandestino
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
why don't you learn to play a real guitar?

CuckingFunt
12-14-2007, 05:39 PM
why don't you learn to play a real guitar?Real instruments are for old people.

/Cartman

thispego
12-14-2007, 05:54 PM
:tu

mrsmaalox
12-14-2007, 05:56 PM
At any given time I have 4-6 14yr old boys in my house playing this game. It is very entertaining. I have watched so much I'm tempted to try it myself. Unfortunately I'm afraid I would end up neglecting all responsibilities if I start.

Shelly
12-14-2007, 06:50 PM
At any given time I have 4-6 14yr old boys in my house playing this game. It is very entertaining. I have watched so much I'm tempted to try it myself. Unfortunately I'm afraid I would end up neglecting all responsibilities if I start.

I couldn't even play "Our Lips Are Sealed" on the easiest setting, got frustrated and gave up...never to play again :oops

monosylab1k
12-14-2007, 07:07 PM
i can't decide which Japanese fad that took over the United States is gayer - Guitar Hero or Tamagotchi Pets.

makedamnsure
12-14-2007, 10:08 PM
My brother and I are getting it for Christmas!

Supreme_Being
12-14-2007, 11:05 PM
I assume playing the real thing would get you more chicks.

mrsmaalox
12-14-2007, 11:45 PM
I couldn't even play "Our Lips Are Sealed" on the easiest setting, got frustrated and gave up...never to play again :oops

Good to hear that; the last thing I need is something to compete with my all consuming Sudoku addiction! :tongue

Spurminator
12-15-2007, 12:05 AM

I've found the only people who ever say this are people who don't play guitar. Interestingly.

Marklar MM
12-15-2007, 01:40 AM
I have ben hearing that my favorite all time song is the finale or something........The Devil Went Down To Georgia

Yup...and guess who you got to battle to beat the song? The Devil, who is named Lou. :elephant

dimsah
12-15-2007, 08:07 AM
I've found the only people who ever say this are people who don't play guitar. Interestingly.
I say this and I play guitar. I do own Guitar Hero II and I think it's fun,
but if you're going to dedicate that much time to it then why not try focusing that energy on an actual instrument?

That being said, playing the game itself isn't much like playing a guitar at all other than the coordination and dexterity exercises it provides.

J.T.
12-15-2007, 08:50 AM
but if you're going to dedicate that much time to it then why not try focusing that energy on an actual instrument?

That being said, playing the game itself isn't much like playing a guitar at all other than the coordination and dexterity exercises it provides.

Most of the people I know who play it play it as a party game when they're all drunk. I personally don't own the game but I do play it a lot at parties... but most people hit the strum thing in one direction which is completely against how a real guitar should be played. When I first started learning guitar, I did that, and it stunted my progress until I started strumming and picking upward and downward.

I just could never get around playing on that stupid guitar controller. It pisses me off that it only has five buttons instead of six. But the game is simply a glorified mixtape... all you're doing is listening to an mp3, and most of the songs are covers... for example the version of Pride and Joy by SRV on the new game sucks so hard, it's a slap in the face to Stevie. Why not just burn a mix CD of the Guitar Hero track list and crank that in your stereo... that's all playing the game is.

Spurminator
12-15-2007, 09:13 AM

Moderation. Nobody's talking about dedicating their lives to it here. Hell, I probably won't play it much a few weeks from now and I'll move on to another mindless waste of time like TV.

for example the version of Pride and Joy by SRV on the new game sucks so hard, it's a slap in the face to Stevie.

Yeah the Pride and Joy remake is an abortion. But most of the songs on GHIII are from the actual master tracks.

One thing that's fun is to play your real guitar over the bass/drums in Practice mode. I think there's also a cheat that will prevent you from failing in quick play, so you'd get the vocals too, and it works as a sort of guitar karaoke.

J.T.
12-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I think there's also a cheat that will prevent you from failing in quick play, so you'd get the vocals too, and it works as a sort of guitar karaoke.

I think the "video crowd" would still boo you off the stage.

dimsah
12-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Moderation. Nobody's talking about dedicating their lives to it here. Hell, I probably won't play it much a few weeks from now and I'll move on to another mindless waste of time like TV.
I agree. I wasn't referring to anyone here, I meant the people you see in the videos further up the thread who have obviously spent a lot of time playing this game.
People who appear to have spent possibly hundreds of hours perfecting "expert" level. If they could channel that dedication in to learning guitar or any other instrument they could use that as an outlet for actual creativity rather than covering someone else's work.

Similar to what JT said I see this as a party game. In fact the last time I played it was a couple of months ago when my wife and I had some friends over for dinner and drinks.

Soul_Patch
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Yea its a social thing for me and my wife to play around with when we are bored, and when friends are over.

i dont think id ever be able to do what some of those guys are doing. For all we know though they could already be fab guitarists...who knows...