Bobcats acquire Mohammed from Pistons for Brezec, Herrmann
By Henry Abbott
ESPN TrueHoop
(Archive)
Updated: December 14, 2007, 7:18 PM ET
Comment
Email
Print
On the cusp of their only nationally televised game of the year, the Bobcats announced they have traded forward Walter Herrmann and center Primoz Brezec to the Detroit Pistons for 6-10 center Nazr Mohammed.

The Bobcats have been in pursuit of an athletic big man for some time, and recently signed restricted free agent Anderson Varejao who eventually returned to the Cavaliers, and hope that Mohammed can form an effective tandem with Emeka Okafor.

Brezec has been the Hornets' starting center. Herrmann shone for the Bobcats in the latter half of the 2006-2007 season, but under new coach Sam Vincent has not seen much playing time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought the title should have been Pistons acquire Brezec and Hermann. They win this trade...

Bruno
12-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Huge steal by Detroit. They dump Nazr's contract for two expiring contracts.
Basketball wise, it won't really help them : Brezec has some health trouble and Hermann isn't that good but dumping Nazr for expirings without adding a pick is a steal like the one Spurs did by dumping Rasho one year ago.

spurscenter
12-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow, Hermann is a good move for Detroit.

who is MAZR? lol

Bruno
12-14-2007, 08:05 PM
We will see now if Detroit sign Chris Webber.

Bruno
12-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Wow, Hermann is a good move for Detroit.

I don't think Herrmann will play a lot with Detroit. To me, Herrmann is one of the most overrated player in the nba.
Anyway, even if Brezec and Herrmann are waived tomorrow, it's a great move by Detroit.

exstatic
12-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Hermann played just fine in 20 minutes last year, not so much in 10 minutes this year.

ploto
12-14-2007, 09:56 PM
I said it before and I will say it again-- there is a reason why Nazr has played for so many different NBA teams and why he never sticks wherever he goes.

mystargtr34
12-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Like Bruno said... dumping ... $6 mil a year over the next 2? years is a great move in its self... and i think Hermann could give them something backing up Tay... hes an upgrade over Ronald Dupree lol but that still leaves him as the number 3 SF behind Jarvis... and no way he gets minutes ahead of Maxeill.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I said it before and I will say it again-- there is a reason why Nazr has played for so many different NBA teams and why he never sticks wherever he goes.

Stone hands Nancy sucks that's why.

itzsoweezee
12-14-2007, 11:20 PM
bobcats got screwed

Vinnie_Johnson
12-14-2007, 11:31 PM
Joe D owns MJ lmao

angel_luv
12-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Merry Christmas to Detroit! Holy Cow.

Thanks to Brezec, I am now a little bit of a Pistons Fan. :)

E20
12-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I love how Rasho fans love getting on Nazr's ass and their orgasms of Nazr's downfall cause he kicked Rasho out of the rotation and the Spurs team. :lol

Pistons < Spurs
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks to Pistons < Spurs, I am now a little bit of a Pistons Fan. :)

exstatic
12-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Stone hands Nancy sucks that's why.
We tried to tell you...

BTW, :lmao @ Stone Hands Nancy. That's WAY better than my old handle for him: Blocked By Guards.

Mr. Body
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
This reminds me how much happier I am with Elson and Oberto than Nazr and Rasho.

Vinnie_Johnson
12-15-2007, 02:17 AM
We tried to tell you...

BTW, :lmao @ Stone Hands Nancy. That's WAY better than my old handle for him: Blocked By Guards.

Blocked By Guards is his Native American Name. He is Nancy Stone Hands :toast

OldDirtMcGirt
12-15-2007, 02:45 AM
The Bobcats are stupid as hell. They basically gave up cap relief and a decent player in Walter Hermann for a horrible contract. Steve Kerr needs to get on the phone so that we can dump the Diaw and Banks contracts.

mystargtr34
12-15-2007, 02:49 AM
To this day i still cant understand the thinking behind Phoneix selling all their first round draft picks, to sign Marcus Banks to a $20 mil+ deal. Especially when there were decent Point Guards available.

timvp
12-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Great trade by the Pistons. Nazr is decent but not worth his contract. Joe D fixed the obvious mistake he made when signing Nazr. Plus he got Brezec and Herrmann who both have decent potential. But even if they both do nothing, it's still a great trade to get rid of Nazr's contract.

As far as the Bobcats, I'm not sure what they are doing. Nazr's one true redeeming quality is his ability to rebound. He's actually one of the better rebounders in the league this year -- far better than anyone on the Spurs. But he's sloooooooow and supposedly the Bobcats were trying to be a run and gun team this year. He can start and probably average something like 8, 8 and 1.5 for them but he's going to congest that lane for all their slashers.

sendman
12-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Great trade by the Pistons. Nazr is decent but not worth his contract. Joe D fixed the obvious mistake he made when signing Nazr. Plus he got Brezec and Herrmann who both have decent potential. But even if they both do nothing, it's still a great trade to get rid of Nazr's contract.

Nazr's one true redeeming quality is his ability to rebound. He's actually one of the better rebounders in the league this year -- far better than anyone on the Spurs. But he's sloooooooow and supposedly the Bobcats were trying to be a run and gun team this year.
You think that is slow?
Brezec invented ssssslllllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww!

xamila rey
12-15-2007, 04:12 AM
i got happy when Delfino was traded to Toronto,
The starters are so good in Detroit, and they also play a lot of minutes
that it seems that the subs never find their role.
i really hope Walter gets some minutes on the court.

About the bobcats, i just dont understand what they were thinking when decided to get Mohamed,
he is a good rebounder, but he takes so much time to shoot under the rim,
that mostly he ends up losing the ball.

G-Money
12-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Joe D owns MJ lmao

:toast

angel_luv
12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks to Pistons < Spurs, I am now a little bit of a Pistons Fan.

:lol

I was already a Piston< Spurs fan. :)

ata
12-15-2007, 11:49 AM
You think that is slow?

hater

MrChug
12-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Shit...Pistons/Spurs in the NBA Finals as I predicted earlier. That was a really good move.

ploto
12-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I doubt either will really get much playing time with the Pistons.

Should be interesting to ses the dynamic between Saunders and Brezec.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2007, 11:53 PM

...and that reason is he's as dumb as a sack of cats (in bball IQ terms) and he has rocks for hands.

Steal by Detroit.

Dario
12-16-2007, 01:50 AM
My guess is that brezec does well in detroit. I always wondered what it would be if he could play with a team that actually plays defense.
Detroit got more in return for far less money.

themvp
12-16-2007, 04:25 AM
^ Yeah, we all know what Brezec's defense is look like. I hope he will actually start play some D.

B and P Cats
12-16-2007, 05:34 AM
You think that is slow?

I'm glad someone noticed how sloooooowww Brezec is!! Okafor and Wallace were doing all his work for him! Sorry to see Herrman go, though. Vincent just wanted a big man and maybe he got him. If not, Okafor and Wallace will continue to do his work too.

Supergirl
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I think the Bobcats fucked up on this one, and they were just starting to show some promise. Nazr manages to fool teams into thinking he is a starting quality NBA center, but he's not. Brezec and Hermann have been really, really good at times, esp the latter. Nice pick ups for Detroit.

Dingle Barry
12-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Charlotte, meet the pump fake

Bruno
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
basketball wise, this trade make Charlotte better. Nazr is a legit nba center and is an upgrade over whoever they played alongside Okafor. What bugs me is that Charlotte was ready to take him with his contract. I guess bobcats really wnat to make the playoffs this year.

Pistons < Spurs
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
basketball wise, this trade make Charlotte better. Nazr is a legit nba center and is an upgrade over whoever they played alongside Okafor.
:tu

Supergirl
12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
basketball wise, this trade make Charlotte better. Nazr is a legit nba center and is an upgrade over whoever they played alongside Okafor. What bugs me is that Charlotte was ready to take him with his contract. I guess bobcats really wnat to make the playoffs this year.

LOL. The delusion continues.
Mohammed has proven over and over again that when he is a starting C, he has butterfingers, can't play defense, is an inconsistent shooter, and can't run.

He is, at best, a back up C. How he manages to convince teams other wise - well, I guess that's just indicative of how thin the C market is. But I'd take Brezec or Hermann in a heartbeat over Mohammed if I was building a team. I think Charlotte will regret this.

Bruno
12-17-2007, 06:10 PM
LOL. The delusion continues.

So when someone doesn't share your opinion on a player, what he said is laughable and he is delusional.
weak. :td

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2007, 11:35 PM
17pts 8rbs 3blks in a win against Utah.

Pistons < Spurs
12-21-2007, 09:30 PM
20pts 14rbs 4blks 2stls in another win for Charlotte