PDA

View Full Version : !!Nash vs. Spurs not = Marbury & others.

Rummpd
12-29-2004, 07:44 AM
Another thread talks about Parker as top 5 PG or even best in league. I believe he is on the fringe of that and within a year at current development be a legit top 3. However, what really matters in NBA is matchups in games and series. In this category he is already there!!

That is why the Spurs will continue to be in Suns heads. Only one point guard in league on a consistent basis seemingly bothers Parker = Marbury who thank God is gone. Marbury for those of you who haven't look is not only scoring but dishing out more assists per game than normal but still plays on a head case of a team.

Look at the other top PGs - Kidd early in career but Parker had his number in finals most of time. No worries with the team he has now.
AI - playing point this year - up and down but perhaps only guard in league gives Parker so much trouble due to equal quickness, defensive prowess and guts. Tough team in any game but not up to par in any series vs. big 6-8 NBA.
Franchise - game in Orlando an aberration. Parker normally owns the Franchise.
Davis - perhaps used to but his team stinks.
Casell - on the way down, used to but no mas currently. Still not one you want to see get it going in forth.
Wade - back and forth from PG to SG. A gifted scorer with big time guts/skills, but right now Parker is bringing as much as him.
James - when playing point or distributor bothers everyone else but we know what happened last time Spurs thumped them.
Kobe when shifting to point duties bothers everyone but shooting percentage is way down. However, when he plays the distributor is as effective a guard all around as anyone putting him in a similar category to that regard as Marbury.
Bibby - has played Parker pretty well but Parker is seemingly pulling ahead of him on his game these days. No longer backed up due to injury by Jackson who may give Parker as much trouble at times as anyone. Still those two when healthy along with Marbury may give him as much trouble as anyone.
Van Exel - at times either at shooting guard or point gave Spurs as much trouble as anyone. Dallas should have kept him period. Now in the blackhole of a mediocre team.
Ridanour - Sonics - cannot say yet but if Parker brings it seriously there is no way he is Parker's equal. My guess is next time the Spurs play the Sonics it will be the Tony and Tim show big time.

Who else - Hindrich on Bulls is a developing stud but no worries yet on that team despite recent streak?

Based on this only a very few PGs that going into any game any more due the Spurs have to say honestly that Parker is now liable to bring more than all but a couple and on any given night can be the best PG on floor even against a select few.

I for one would love to see him keep his pace - historically when he scores 20+ and distributes 4-5 assists, Spurs almost unbeatable (one year they were something like 15 and 1 when this happened).

MadDoc

whottt
12-29-2004, 01:40 PM
Thank you for being easy to understand for a change. I applaud your dumping of =.

spursfaninla
12-29-2004, 01:49 PM
Based on this only a very few PGs that going into any game any more due the Spurs have to say honestly that Parker is now liable to bring more than all but a couple and on any given night can be the best PG on floor even against a select few.

MadDoc[/QUOTE]

That was easy to understand?

No really, well thought out, detailed, well analyzed post.

Is your point, then "If you consider who are the best pg's on elite teams, then Parker is easily top 5?"

If so, I agree. But I don't know if that is completely fair. Great pg's on mediocre/good teams are not on a different planet or anything. They shoulc have a chance to be considered the best at their position as well.

We agree to disagree to count point forwards and combo guards, I guess, though you did consider them.

I would still rate the best :
1)Nash
2)Wade
3)Marbury
4)Francis
5)AI

Though Parker's play in the last 5 games puts him in their company, agreed.

I don't think this one game against Phoenix shows Parker is definitively better than Nash, though he won this match hands down. We still have 2 more games, and even possibly he playoffs, to prove that, as well as their production for the rest of the season.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Dwayne Wade is really impressing me.

When he's in his prime, he's going to be great, not that he already isn't.