PDA

View Full Version : I am Legend

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
:tu :tu

When I first saw the trailer for I Am Legend, I wanted to see it as soon as it opened, so tonight we went to see it. As usual, Will Smith gave a spectacular performance, full of emotion and anger, and bordering a bit on the insane side.( He talks to mannequins like they were real people, even acts shy around a female one) Again, like in a lot of his movies, you connect with him, you both laugh and cry(wife did) with him, you jump out of your seat when he gets scared, and you cheer for him throughout. The movie was not perfect, but I recommend it, even if you're not into the whole undead thing.

T Park.
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Kori is the real Legend

Jimcs50
12-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Kori is the real Legend

what a kiss ass

E20
12-14-2007, 11:44 PM
They're not undead, they're vampires. Get it right. Thanks. Good Night. Merry Christmas. Happy Hannakuah.

marini martini
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm still Christ Mas shopping Monday! Vampires or not.

marini martini
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
At Big Lots

marini martini
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :toast

Spurminator
12-14-2007, 11:59 PM
It was okay... sort of a more family-friendly 28 Days Later. I thought the CG monsters looked horrible though.

leemajors
12-15-2007, 12:04 AM
I, Legend.

Spurminator
12-15-2007, 12:06 AM
The Pursuit of Legendyness

Pistons < Spurs
12-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Seriously, it's a undead/vampire movie?

Sooooooo dissapointing.

RashoFan
12-15-2007, 12:29 AM
great...ruin the surprise for me....vampires...great.

RashoFan
12-15-2007, 12:30 AM
But then again...I should have never read this thread...:madrun

marini martini
12-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Welcome home fellow drunk talker!

dougp
12-15-2007, 12:36 AM
great...ruin the surprise for me....vampires...great.It's not really supposed to be a suprise, it just means you haven't seen the trailer that shows them.

CubanMustGo
12-15-2007, 12:46 AM
Sorry ... love Will Smith but you can't beat Charlton Heston in the role.

X-MosmUseSY

Flo-Rida
12-15-2007, 01:32 AM
the dog dying was pretty sad also the flashbacks he was having were also pretty emotional

BonnerDynasty
12-15-2007, 01:34 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_am_legend

Marklar MM
12-15-2007, 01:38 AM
Me and the chick were gonna see it tonight, but it was sold out and we didn't feel like waiting an hour for the next showing...so we saw Dan in Real Life.

whottt
12-15-2007, 02:10 AM
I agree it's not as good as The Omega Man. It's really not Will Smith's fault though...he does a good job, arguably better than Heston did...I certainly liked his Neville more...and the dog parts are a nice addition.

But I didn't like the quick ending. I don't think the ending was as dramatic either....and the bad guys were much better and more charismatic in the Omega Man. An Anthony Zerbe leader was missed here...

I've probably seen The Omega Man 20 times...it's one of those movies that if I am flipping channels and it comes on I will watch at least a little bit of it...this movie will never have that same kind of appeal to me. If I never see this one again it won't bother me at all. Not because it's a bad movie...but it just doesn't have the same appeal as Omega, inspite of a more likeable lead and better special effects.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-15-2007, 02:21 AM
They're not undead, they're vampires. Get it right. Thanks. Good Night. Merry Christmas. Happy Hannakuah.

Spoiler alert please.

Fillmoe
12-15-2007, 03:07 AM
it was pretty good

Charlie-In-The-Box
12-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Will Smith was a misfit amongst the rest!

XMas TRoLL
12-15-2007, 11:48 AM
what a kiss ass

:lmao

desflood
12-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Sorry ... love Will Smith but you can't beat Charlton Heston in the role.

X-MosmUseSY
But The Omega Man deviated so far from the original story it lost most of its meaning.

Leetonidas
12-15-2007, 02:53 PM
They weren't vampires or zombies. They were a mutated race of infected humans with increased strength and aggression. A lot of their pigments faded so they burned in the sunlight.

I thought it was good, even if all the CGI monsters looked like Grendel from Beowulf.

E20
12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
They weren't vampires or zombies. They were a mutated race of infected humans with increased strength and aggression. A lot of their pigments faded so they burned in the sunlight.

I thought it was good, even if all the CGI monsters looked like Grendel from Beowulf.
The book describes them as being cannibilistic(sp) vampires.

For the people who are complaining about spoiler alerts. Gee judging from the trailers he's alone at day, but when it turns night that is when the monsters appear.....hmmmmmm.....what does that sound like? Oh yeah vampires. :dramaquee :rolleyes

E20
12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
ALso, that is a horrible virus to make. Turn your enemies into super human monsters? WTF?

mardigan
12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
They rushed the ending, the movie could have been 20 to 30 minutes longer.

SPOILER ALERT

I also thought the vampires following him and the other two survivors home was a really cheap way to end things. I loved the first hour of it though.

CharlieMac
12-15-2007, 06:10 PM
They rushed the ending, the movie could have been 20 to 30 minutes longer.

SPOILER ALERT

I also thought the vampires following him and the other two survivors home was a really cheap way to end things. I loved the first hour of it though.

I agree on the ending. It could have been streched out by 20 more minutes at the least. The majority of the movie is spent developing a strong character in Will Smith that it just seemed rushed to end that way. It was a uplifting fitting ending, but so much was lost in having those fucking vampires follow him home.

As far as CGI goes, there could have been no other way. The athleticism and agility of those undead creatures could not have been done by human beings. You lose the CGI, and they're basically zombies.

But you all have to see it on Imax. Straight up BAD ASS-NESS.

Spurminator
12-15-2007, 10:26 PM
They could have CGI'd the action sequences while still using real actors for the face shots.

E20
12-15-2007, 11:44 PM
They could have CGI'd the action sequences while still using real actors for the face shots.
They should have not even made the movie. Just give Will Smith 6 million dollars for nothing.

duncan228
12-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Just give Will Smith 6 million dollars for nothing.

Isn't Will Smith in the elite club of actors that make 15-20 million a movie?

Edit: Found this, Forbes list of the highest paid actors and actresses.
Smith is listed at 37 million.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2006/02/23/best-paid-actors_cx_lr_0223actors.html

A couple of other sites had him at the 20-25 million mark.

Doesn't change whether the movie is good or not, just changes what he was paid to do it.

AFBlue
12-15-2007, 11:58 PM
They should have not even made the movie. Just give Will Smith 6 million dollars for nothing.

They did that already...it was called ALI.

3 hours of nothing....

E20
12-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Fucking ritch bitches.

duncan228
12-16-2007, 12:04 AM
Fucking ritch bitches.

Yeah. Incredible amounts of money. The list was interesting.

cornbread
12-16-2007, 12:04 AM
The CGI looked horrible. It almost seems lazy to have crappy CGI for every shot of a zombie or zombie-dog.

E20
12-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Yeah. Incredible amounts of money. The list was interesting.
I always wondered if I wrote one of these super rich people and started to suck up and act like their doormat and in the end kindly ask for 1 million dollars, because since you guys are so rich, it is nothing for you guys and it would be really nice if you could give me a really really small amount of your money.

I wondered if they would give me that 1 million dollars, after all it's like pocket change from them, hell I'll take 10,000.

duncan228
12-16-2007, 12:12 AM
I always wondered if I wrote one of these super rich people and started to suck up and act like their doormat and in the end kindly ask for 1 million dollars, because since you guys are so rich, it is nothing for you guys and it would be really nice if you could give me a really really small amount of your money.

I wondered if they would give me that 1 million dollars, after all it's like pocket change from them, hell I'll take 10,000.

I bet you're not the only one with that thought.
And I bet they're hit with sob stories all the time looking for handouts.

Lots of them do great charity work, so it's nice to see them share the wealth that way.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-16-2007, 05:24 AM
The book describes them as being cannibilistic(sp) vampires.

For the people who are complaining about spoiler alerts. Gee judging from the trailers he's alone at day, but when it turns night that is when the monsters appear.....hmmmmmm.....what does that sound like? Oh yeah vampires. :dramaquee :rolleyes

Didn't see the trailers or read the book.

Phenomanul
12-16-2007, 11:22 PM
I enjoyed it... It was kind of short though...

So was the 'alpha' male rabid unpigmented/infected/human getting back at Dr Neville because he had taken his woman? Or was he just trying to eat him?

Why didn't the infected follow him home the first time around? The scene after he stabbed himself and shot the three infected dogs...

LuvBones
12-16-2007, 11:32 PM
Watched this last night with my man and really enjoyed it. Some parts made me cry though.. and it should've been longer.

dickface
12-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Great first hour, shitty CGI. This movie takes an epic tailspin into suckitude once his dog dies. The final act of this movie sucks so bad that I Robot looks halfway decent in comparison.

TheSuckUp
12-17-2007, 07:58 AM
what a kiss ass
Isn't everyone?

florige
12-17-2007, 08:53 AM
It was okay... sort of a more family-friendly 28 Days Later. I thought the CG monsters looked horrible though.

You did? I thought it looked kinda cool.

florige
12-17-2007, 09:00 AM
ALso, that is a horrible virus to make. Turn your enemies into super human monsters? WTF?

Spoilers....

I thought that it had something to do with that so called cancer cure that backfired? I didn't think that it was meant to turn humans into the wall crawlers from Resident Evil. I did like it though. Besides the fact there was this stupid girl sitting behind me who wants to question her boyfriend EVERYTIME something of question may have came up. Like the scene where he was OBVIOUSLY killing the dog, she says "what is he doing" I'm like.... :rolleyes Please just keep the commentary to yourself. The retarded commentary at that.

to21
12-17-2007, 10:07 AM
I enjoyed it... It was kind of short though...

So was the 'alpha' male rabid unpigmented/infected/human getting back at Dr Neville because he had taken his woman? Or was he just trying to eat him?

Why didn't the infected follow him home the first time around? The scene after he stabbed himself and shot the three infected dogs...

:lol

Yeah my kid said the same thing. "That dude is mad cause they took his girlfriend."

E20
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Spoilers....

I thought that it had something to do with that so called cancer cure that backfired? I didn't think that it was meant to turn humans into the wall crawlers from Resident Evil. I did like it though. Besides the fact there was this stupid girl sitting behind me who wants to question her boyfriend EVERYTIME something of question may have came up. Like the scene where he was OBVIOUSLY killing the dog, she says "what is he doing" I'm like.... :rolleyes Please just keep the commentary to yourself. The retarded commentary at that.
FUCK YOU! :flipoff

Here's another spoiler for you guys they fucking kill him at the end and I haven't even seen the fucking movie, only read the book, so I'm spoiling the book not the movie. :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :rolleyes :rolleyes :depressed :lol :lol

florige
12-17-2007, 12:54 PM

Here's another spoiler for you guys they fucking kill him at the end and I haven't even seen the fucking movie, only read the book, so I'm spoiling the book not the movie. :dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee :rolleyes :rolleyes :depressed :lol :lol

You didn't answer my question, where did the virus originate? Was it from that cancer vacine?

TheZackAttack!
12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Smith did a good job acting, but the movie okay, nothing to really rave about.

dougp
12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
You didn't answer my question, where did the virus originate? Was it from that cancer vacine?
Yes, it was. Origination of the virus in the movie is nothing like the book.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I haven't seen it yet but the Omega Man is in my top 30 movies all-time so I'm sure Legend won't stack up. But I do plan to see it.

BonnerDynasty
12-17-2007, 01:14 PM
This movie sucked hardcore. So underdeveloped it was ridiculous.

The book plot is great. The movie plot was lame.

Trying to find the audiobook so I can throw it on my iPod.

florige
12-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I haven't seen it yet but the Omega Man is in my top 30 movies all-time so I'm sure Legend won't stack up. But I do plan to see it.

Okay thats it! I have heard nothing but rave reviews about this Omega Man. I will be getting that tommorow along with the Simpsons.

florige
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, it was. Origination of the virus in the movie is nothing like the book.

What was it in the book?

MoSpur
12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
The acting was great. The movie, not so much. The ending was bad. I was looking for more action/confrontation between him and the "Dark Seekers." Oh well!

Extra Stout
12-17-2007, 04:23 PM

The way the movie changes the ending completely emasculates the whole reason the story is called "I Am Legend" in the first place.

Flo-Rida
12-17-2007, 06:55 PM
at the end i was expecting chuck norris to kill the vampires

MannyIsGod
12-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I couldn't make up my mind if it was the same guy or if the graphics just sucked and they all looked the same. But seriously - the CGI on these guys was HORRIBLE. Will Smith really does do a good job in his role and then they just fucking rush the ending and pretty much fuck the movie.

This is probably the 2nd movie I've seen this year who had a great acting role fucked up by a rushed or weird ending (the other being 310 to Yuma). I have the screener so I've watched it a couple of times and while 75% of this movie is great it just takes a nose dive with the rushed ending. The subtle butterfly's in the movie with the god message are kinda of stupid too. I saw Signs once, I didn't need it thrown into this movie.

So much potential and it came so close yet so far from living up to it.

E20
12-24-2007, 04:00 PM
The way the movie changes the ending completely emasculates the whole reason the story is called "I Am Legend" in the first place.
That's why it's fitting to call the monsters Vampires since they are legendary and that's what humans turn into 'Legend', in the book.

whottt
12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
I haven't seen it yet but the Omega Man is in my top 30 movies all-time

:tu

so I'm sure Legend won't stack up. But I do plan to see it.

It doesn't stack up...there are a few things that are better about this movie than the Omega Man, and there are quite a few things that are done much worse...the end result is a film that is fairly enjoyable in some parts, but it's just not as memorable of a film as the Omega Man. And I say this as someone who also counts the Omega Man among their favorite films ever.

An Anthony Zerbe is sorely missed IMO. I always liked Zerbe in that film, but I never realized just how important he was to it until I saw this remake...arguably more important than Heston himself.

fraga
12-25-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought the movie was good...however I do agree that they should have used live actors instead of CGI actors.

DannyT
01-02-2008, 12:12 AM
shit was pretty good quality thanks for the dvd homeboy....movie was good too

willy is getting old yo

polandprzem
01-16-2008, 08:49 AM
That's why it's fitting to call the monsters Vampires since they are legendary and that's what humans turn into 'Legend', in the book.

stupid

What is has in common other then the name?