PDA

View Full Version : EVE online complete graphics overhaul

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Just thought this was worth mentioning for those mmorpg fans out there. EVE online, a game that has been regarded as one of the most beautifully designed mmorpg's since its inception back in 2003 has now gotten an almost complete graphical upgrade. I must say it looks absolutely stunning.

Here's a video sample that might give people an idea, though I would like to clarify it doesn't even begin to do justice to the real thing.

6EzuaNfYn0s

These are GAMEPLAY images, edited of course to create the teaser, but in no way altered in terms of graphic quality. What you see is what you get! trust me, I play the game.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Here's another trailer showcasing some of those awesome graphics

tLrMp0wgaBM

DarkReign
12-15-2007, 12:49 AM
I have only heard wonderful things about EVE. And that looked awesome.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Here we have a fan made video which I thought was very well done!

1p_0c6wZbkQ

Again just so people get how impressive this game is, these are gameplay images

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 01:00 AM
I have only heard wonderful things about EVE. And that looked awesome.
I've been playing this game for over a year now and let me tell you, its about the most addictive thing I've ever come across. At one point, it got to be so bad it was affecting my studies... Of course, I've cut down on playing time, and set myself a time limit per week, otherwise I'd be in serious trouble :lol

If you like mmorpgs, this one is the best out there IMO. Everything just meshes better in EVE than in any other game of its kind I've ever come across. Now with the graphics update, they've managed to address the only aspect of the game that needed work. You see, they hadn't changed the quality of graphics since it came out, back in 03, which is more a testament to how incredible its original graphics engine was, that it should last almost 5 years without any change whatsoever.

Now it is simply amazing.

Trinity has only been out for a couple of weeks, so mayor battles have not taken place yet. I'm sure they will soon though. Will post a video on those ASAP.

EDIT:By the way, another graphics enhancement patch is due mid, to late 2008 which will enhance station graphics as well as allow in station walking. You'll be able to get off your ship and more around inside the station and chat with different people.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 08:02 AM
Here's a preview of how the game is going to look like by mid to late 2008

abMEVENz1jQ