PDA

View Full Version : Just How Good Are the Celtics? A Game-by-Game Breakdown Reveals the Truth

m33p0
12-15-2007, 01:19 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/TrainOntheBall/2007/12/13/Just_How_Good_Are_the_Celtics_A_GamebyGame_Breakdo wn_Reveals_the_Truth

Just How Good Are the Celtics? A Game-by-Game Breakdown Reveals the Truth

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/04/Boston_Celtics_logo.png

We’re 20 or so games into the regular season and people are starting to ask, “Are the Boston Celtics really this good?” Well, if you simply look at their league-best 18-2 record the obvious answer is clear. Yes.

But before you find yourself lost somewhere in their hot start, between the in-your-face marketing campaign that sells us Ray Allen, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett like a Bell Biv Devoe reunion, and the nightly Sportscenter highlights, take a closer look at exactly what this team did to get here thus far.

Below I walk you through their first 20 games of the season, in order, with the results, as well as the record of their opponents entering the match-ups.

1. Beat Wizards (0-1) in Boston by 20 points: Washington was playing awful at the start of the season – they started off 0-5 and were leading the league in turnovers – with a hobbled Gilbert Arenas leading this team into the sewer (without Arenas, the Wiz have gone 8-5). This game was a gimme.

2. Beat Raptors (2-0) in Toronto by 3 points: Good win here on the road against a sound division opponent. Ray Allen hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to pull it out.

3. Beat Nuggets (2-2) in Boston by 26 points: Another good win, although we know teams struggle on their cross-country trips (this was Denver’s fourth game in six nights; they lost the night before in New York against the Knicks). The Celtics couldn’t miss – they shot a mind-blowing 65% from the field.

4. Beat Hawks (2-2) in Boston by 23 points: This was clearly as easy win against a weaker team that went on to win only two of its first seven road games. Again, the Celtics couldn’t miss – they shot 61%.

5. Beat Nets (4-1) in New Jersey by 11 points: Good win on the road against a talented but inconsistent Nets team that wasn’t falling apart then like the way it is now.

6. Beat Pacers (3-3) in Indiana by 15 points: Another good win on the road against a “live by the three, die by the three” Pacers squad. Jim O’Brien’s boys shot only 35 percent overall, and 8-for-25 from downtown. They also killed themselves by coughing up the ball 22 times. And yet, Pacers were down only seven points with four minutes left to play.

7. Beat Nets (4-3) in Boston by 22 points: Nets were without Vince Carter. This game was a walk.

8. Beat Heat (1-7) in Boston by 1 point: The Celtics blew a 15-point fourth-quarter lead and almost lost. Dwyane Wade, who was rusty in his second game back since undergoing knee surgery, missed a game-winning shot attempt at the end. He said afterwards, “There was a lot of stuff going through my head: Being out six months, my second game back I had an opportunity to win the game against the best team in the league, record-wise, in the Boston Garden."

9. Lost to Magic (8-2) in Orlando by 2 points: The Celtics looked as if they were going to win this one, but Pierce blew several scoring attempts in the final minute.

10. Beat Warriors (3-6) in Boston by 23 points: (see Nuggets above – fourth game in six days; lost to Knicks in New York the night before). Warriors were also without Al Harrington, Matt Barnes and Troy Hudson.

11. Beat Lakers (7-4) in Boston by 13 points: (see Nuggets and Warriors above – fourth game in six days; lost to Milwaukee Bucks two nights before).

12. Beat Bobcats (6-6) in Charlotte by 1 point: The Cats had the game won, up two with about four seconds left. All they had to do was inbound the ball. Jason Richardson made a moronic inbounds pass, which was recovered by Pierce who then passed to Allen for a three at the buzzer. They got lucky.

13. Lost to Cavaliers (8-6) in Cleveland by 5 points (OT): This was maybe the first real "test" the Celtics faced thus far. The returning conference champs were coming off a three-game win streak during which LeBron James stirred up Michael Jordan comparisons by scoring 112 points (37.3 per game average). James put the Cavs on his back and carried them past the Celtics with a 38-point, 13-assist effort.

14. Beat Knicks (4-9) in Boston by 45 points: It’s the Knicks!!!

15. Beat Heat (4-10) in Miami by 10 points: By now it’s safe to say the Heat aren’t very good. This game was a blowout (Heat made it close in the end by beating up the Celtic reserves). Wade, who shot 2-11 and scored 10 points, said afterwards, “I just played a bad game… simple.”

16. Beat Cavaliers (9-8) in Boston by 10 points: The Cavs were without LeBron James, and lost what was an extremely ugly game that featured two teams that shot below 40% and combined for 32 turnovers.

17. Beat Sixers (5-12) in Boston by 10 points: Philly gave the Celtics a run for their money by shooting an incredible 56% from the field. Eddie House and James Posey hit decisive threes down the stretch.

18. Beat Raptors (10-9) in Boston by 28 points: The Raps were without star Chris Bosh and Andrea Bargnani. This was a “gimme.”

19. Beat Bulls (6-11) in Chicago by 11 points: Nice win on the road, however, this was another ugly game by both teams. The Bulls had played the night before in Detroit and were exhausted (36% FG, 3-16 on threes). The Celtics turned the ball over 17 times (Pierce had six of them; he also shot 1-8).

20. Beat Kings (8-12) in Boston by 12 points: The Kings were rested but without Kevin Martin. This was another ugly game. The Celtics shot 39% overall and 6-22 from downtown.

So, they're 18-2. But I ask this… who the hell have they played? Aside from the first match against the Raptors, the Magic game in Orlando, and the Cavs game in Cleveland, has this Celtics team played anyone good? Not really. These teams currently combine for a 162-181 (.472) record.

They pummeled lesser opponents early on as they shot close to 60% during their first six games or so, but then they started to level out some (the shooting percentages had to drop eventually). They beat decent opponents by smaller margins, and then lost or barely won the “tough” games. As the season wore on, they then began to tire some, as evident in their failure to have put away several lesser teams.

But all of this doesn’t necessarily answer what we want to know -- “Is this Celtics team really THAT good?” I don’t think so. They’re good. Can win the Atlantic easily good? Yes. Can kill the majority of teams in the conference good? Yes.

But is that the kind of good we’re wondering whether or not this Celtics team can be? No. We know they’re good. We want to know if they’re THAT good.

We want to know if they can beat the Pistons, Cavaliers or even Magic in a seven-game series. Can they? Yes. Will they? We don’t know yet. They simply haven’t played enough teams of this caliber to show us much of anything. Can they beat the big teams out in the West? We’ll find out when they make a long trip out there (December 26-30: against Sacramento, Seattle, Utah and Lakers; February 19-25: against Denver, Golden State, Phoenix, Portland and Clippers).

The Houston Rockets are 12-11, which is a far cry from 18-2. Someone might say, “The Rockets aren’t very good; the Celtics would crush them.” Well, hold on a second. For starters, 11 of the Celtics 20 games were at home, and only nine of the Rockets’ 23 games were in Houston. Secondly, the Rockets played Dallas, San Antonio and Phoenix each twice (home and away). They also played at Utah, at the Lakers, and at Golden State where the Warriors are a completely different animal. The current combined record of their opponents is 200-190 (.513). My point here is it's what you do against the good teams that show what you're really about. Some could argue this Rockets team, despite its record, is every bit as strong as the Celtics.

It’s too early to say who’s for real and who’s not. But one thing is for sure -- the Celtics aren’t going to continue winning at a 90% clip.

They’re not THAT good.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2007, 03:00 AM
I agree with the thesis in this article - yes, they are good, but we are yet to see them really tested by the schedule. Can't the whole world see this? I guess there is a lot of media hype about the Celts in the US?

We get virtually no NBA through the media, so there's no "hype" for any team, and it doesn't appear to me like the major online NBA sites (ESPN, SI, Sportingnews, etc) are hyping the Celts. I get the impression that anyone who follows the NBA to some extent knows the Celts are yet to be tested.

Gerryatrics
12-15-2007, 04:34 AM
So boiling it down, what the article is saying is: The Celtics aren't that good because they're an Eastern Conference team.

Indazone
12-15-2007, 09:28 AM
hehe, he compared them to the Rockets. I'm not saying the Rockets are good but they aren't that bad either. Still learning and offense and a new coach. Right now I'd say they were mediocre. I so want to use the word "sucks" but I can't bring myself to say it.

td4mvp3
12-15-2007, 09:50 AM
i've wondered if a better comparison would be is this what the suns would be like if they were in the east. nash-amare-matrix are instead allen-kg-peirce.

mando6599
12-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Doc is playing the big 3 too many minutes per game. He obviously has never experienced such a winning team so let him enjoy it while he can. The Celtics' Big 3 will be worn down come season's end and they have not got a deep bench to carry them. The Celtics this year look to be like the Mavs of last. Strong season contenders, then wimper out the gate in the first round.

I've been really tired of all the hype from before the season even started, IMO.

twincam
12-15-2007, 10:55 AM
So boiling it down, what the article is saying is: The Celtics aren't that good because they're an Eastern Conference team.

exactly. I'm sure that's the point he was making. It was a politically correct statement. The power is in the West, and the east is the fluke conference, for the most part.

The_Game
12-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Doc is playing the big 3 too many minutes per game. He obviously has never experienced such a winning team so let him enjoy it while he can. The Celtics' Big 3 will be worn down come season's end and they have not got a deep bench to carry them. The Celtics this year look to be like the Mavs of last. Strong season contenders, then wimper out the gate in the first round.

I've been really tired of all the hype from before the season even started, IMO.

Check the numbers, they aren't playing anymore minutes than they have their whole careers. infact KG is playing the least amount of minutes since 99. he is only playing 35 minutes a game.

not a deep bench? trying watching their games...their bench has been very good for them.

it's clear you are quite scared of the celtics by making statements in which you hope they will tire out and lose early. just because they are winning alot of games they should be compared to the losers which is dallas? please...doesn't work that way.

all these celtics articles are annoying, they are playing well and have started very well. they are elite, wether they win the title or not remains to be seen. all these celtics threads are annoying..........they are a great team so let them pan out and see what happens

wildbill2u
12-15-2007, 11:10 AM
hehe, he compared them to the Rockets. I'm not saying the Rockets are good but they aren't that bad either. Still learning and offense and a new coach. Right now I'd say they were mediocre. I so want to use the word "sucks" but I can't bring myself to say it.
Les Alexander couldn't bring himself to say it in today's Chronicle interview online either. Apparently Scola doesn't rule quite yet.

Makes me wonder if JVanGundy firing wasn't a mistake. He did some wonderful coaching last year keeping the Rockets in the hunt to the very end of a seven game playoff series despite having a lot of injury problems with Yao and TMAC.

SouthernFried
12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
What I've seen of the Celtics leads me to believe...they are good. Damned Good.

But, there's no question about it. The level of competition they play night in and night out is bad...damned horrible even.

So, the question will remain.

For awhile anyway.

bdubya
12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Wednesday. Road game against a rested Pistons team. They can show they're for real then.

Or not. :hungry:

m33p0
12-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Wednesday. Road game against a rested Pistons team. They can show they're for real then.

your boys better bring it. its the first real test for the celtics. good luck.

bdubya
12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
your boys better bring it. its the first real test for the celtics. good luck.

Thanks. It's also one of the first big tests for the Pistons; hope they bring guns to the knife fight.

remingtonbo2001
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Check the numbers, they aren't playing anymore minutes than they have their whole careers. infact KG is playing the least amount of minutes since 99. he is only playing 35 minutes a game.

not a deep bench? trying watching their games...their bench has been very good for them.

it's clear you are quite scared of the celtics by making statements in which you hope they will tire out and lose early. just because they are winning alot of games they should be compared to the losers which is dallas? please...doesn't work that way.

all these celtics articles are annoying, they are playing well and have started very well. they are elite, wether they win the title or not remains to be seen. all these celtics threads are annoying..........they are a great team so let them pan out and see what happens

The arguement about the straining minutes and lack of depth is secondary.
The true arguement would be the level of talent they have encountered at this point. The West has superior teams than the east. I'm not saying the West has more talented STARS. There are an equal amount of all-stars in each conference. Really, I think the biggest differences between the East and West are the coaches. The eastern conference, IMHO, doesn't have the quality of coaches that the west has. The Celts are good, but they haven't proven themselves, YET, to be an elite team.

lrrr
12-16-2007, 12:56 AM

Good point re: amout of minutes. But KG also has never been as old as he is this season...

BeerIsGood!
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Good start, but they're basically the NBA version of the Hawaii Warriors football team. Big fish in a little pond so far, but they'll get their chance at the big boys yet. Maybe we should call them the Boston Rainbow Warriors.

AnotherArgie
12-16-2007, 02:48 AM
But KG also has never been as old as he is this season...

Good point.

Celtics Big Three avg. age: 31 yrs.
Spurs Big Three avg. age: 28 yrs.

barbacoataco
12-16-2007, 02:56 AM
The Celtics have had an easy schedule so far, but they are crushing teams night after night. Of course time will tell.

BradLohaus
12-16-2007, 03:41 AM

Pistons by 15.

Armando
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
The arguement about the straining minutes and lack of depth is secondary.
The true arguement would be the level of talent they have encountered at this point. The West has superior teams than the east. I'm not saying the West has more talented STARS. There are an equal amount of all-stars in each conference. Really, I think the biggest differences between the East and West are the coaches. The eastern conference, IMHO, doesn't have the quality of coaches that the west has. The Celts are good, but they haven't proven themselves, YET, to be an elite team.

Is in not a indication of an elite team to beat weaker teams? Why are there Celtic haters? I agree the Pistons game wil be a test for them but I don't see Detroit winning in Boston. You can't blame Boston for the East being awful outside of Orlando and Detroit.

bostonguy
12-16-2007, 09:08 PM
What a shocker. Spurs fans getting on their knees and blowing the Pistons again. Despite the Pistons playing their new role in the NBA as the ECF runner ups, spurs fans still blow them as if this was 2005. If the Pistons had this kind of start, Spurs fans would be saying "This is the Spurs of the east, they are great and proven and I love circle jerking with their fans". :rolleyes :rolleyes

mando6599
12-16-2007, 09:13 PM

And why would I be scared? I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion from my post.

They are playing the East teams way more right now than the West. I just feel that Doc Rivers is gonna ride this train as long as possible and wear his team down. And how are they an elite team already? Because they've won 20 of 22 games? Win a title or two(PHX and DAL, too) before claiming that status, really.

Armando
12-16-2007, 09:17 PM
What a shocker. Spurs fans getting on their knees and blowing the Pistons again. Despite the Pistons playing their new role in the NBA as the ECF runner ups, spurs fans still blow them as if this was 2005. If the Pistons had this kind of start, Spurs fans would be saying "This is the Spurs of the east, they are great and proven and I love circle jerking with their fans". :rolleyes :rolleyes

The Pistons are not what they used to be under Larry Brown. They are still good enough to make the playoffs but not to the Finals. They have declined a bit the last 2 years. They lost to the 06 champs Heat and last year got bounced by Cleveland who wound up getting LeBrommed by the Spurs. I can see losing to the Heat because Wade was playing out of his mind that season just ask the Mavs. But losing to the Cavs after getting a 2-0 series lead was inexcusable. On top of that Sheed getting ejected in Game 6 when the game was still winnable for them.

Tippecanoe
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM

i hate to attack another fellow new englander, but theres nothing wrong with their arguments. its true the celtics have played a cheesecake schedule. so its also true that we dont know exactly how good the celtics truly are. these upcoming games (Det on Wed, Orl on Sun, @Utah next Sat) will determine whether we're a serious title contender or just a quality team

personally, i think we're good enough to win it all.

duncan228
12-16-2007, 09:28 PM

I don't see it that way at all.

I think the '05 series bonded the Pistons and Spurs fans on this board.
The Piston fans even have their own home here on ST.

There was a lot of trash talk during that Finals, but the Pistons fans that came here, most of them anyway, acted with respect and class while rooting for their team.
Spurs fans here, most of them anyway, respected that.
And yes, at that time the two teams had a lot in common as far as how they were coached and how they played the game.

That's how I see it.
Go back and read the threads from that season and that series. Find where Kori asked the board as a whole if she should start the Pistons board.
They were welcomed here.

It is a far cry from some of the Mavs/Suns/Cavs trolls that have found ST and have done nothing but stir the pot. There are lots of fans of those teams who are fine, but the trolls have been obnoxious. That really didn't happen with the Pistons. Their fans have added a lot to this board.

Pistons < Spurs
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
i hate to attack another fellow new englander, but theres nothing wrong with their arguments. its true the celtics have played a cheesecake schedule. so its also true that we dont know exactly how good the celtics truly are. these upcoming games (Det on Wed, Orl on Sun, @Utah next Sat) will determine whether we're a serious title contender or just a quality team

:tu Good for you Tippecanoe!

And good luck Wednesday!...well not really! :)

Capt Bringdown
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
The Celtics are exceeding regular season expectations so far - only 2 losses at this point is impressive, even after you take into account the level of competition. I don't think anyone expected them to have only 2 losses at this point, so I think they deserve some respect and credit. All they can do is play the schedule. I'll bet they're eager to play tougher competition.

Comparisons to teams such as Dallas are a bit off IMO, as the Celtics have a different mix of player types, and are stressing defense. And just because one team with a great regular season record has a playoff disaster, I don't think you can say it's a trend.

In fact, it's just the opposite right? The team with the most regular season wins isn't a lock for the title, but generally speaking, regular season success translates into more playoff wins, correct? I don't have the stats on hand, I'm just thinking off the top of my head of all those great Bulls and Laker championship teams that had stellar regular season records. And of course our own Spurs do pretty well in the regular season.

Tippecanoe
12-16-2007, 09:55 PM
^^^^
yeah, what he said!!! :D

ludda
12-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't think comparisons to Dallas and Phoenix last season are far off. If I recall, around this time last season and into March or so, everyone was calling the Mavs and Suns THE best teams, in a class of their own..and we were the old Spurs who didn't have a chance. It's a looooong season and that's why many people are skeptical of great regular season records. A mavs flameout may not happen, but the Suns have never gotten far for being a Western elite. At the same time, Celtics are in the East so barring any injuries or anything, making it to the finals for them is quite likely, but regular season records don't always translate to postseason success unless the team is truly dominate.

bdubya
12-17-2007, 12:33 AM
18-2 doesn't impress me much. The crew they put together over the summer should be winning a lot; anything under about .700 would be an embarrassment.

The defensive stats, OTOH, are very impressive - those have "for real" written all over them. Can't wait to see if the Pistons can still run an efficient offense on Wednesday. It's just a December game, but this is still the biggest game the East has seen this season.

m33p0
12-17-2007, 01:16 AM
there are such things as "only December games" and then there are "statement games". given that the Celtics are the new kid on the block that's making all this noise, every team they face are trying to prove that this new boston squad isn't all that is hyped up to be. so you can safely that every team that they've faced so far have been giving them all they can.

on the flip side of this is that you have to imagine that garnett, pierce and allen are pretty much pumped up finally being able to play for a team with a chance to win it all. how long will it last? a month? 2 months? all the way? only time will tell. the rotation players have been playing quite well themselves and could even be seen as overachieving. we don't know that for sure, too. after all, this is their first year together.

so in conclusion, i believe that boston is for real. they are good. really good. maybe even freakishly good. but how good are they? we can only say for sure once the playoffs comes around. statement games are made during the regular season, but its still only a december game.

SequSpur
12-17-2007, 02:07 AM
Celtics are going to win at least 70 games.

Supergirl
12-17-2007, 07:54 AM
I will reserve judgment about how good the C's are until I see them play some Western teams (SA, Phoenix, Dallas, and Utah in particular). The only impressive thing about them so far is how well they've matched up against Orlando and Toronto, who are the only teams in the East with any interior defense.

All we know for sure is this:
1. The C's are a LOT better than they were last year. KG gives them an interior presence they haven't had for decades.

2. The C's are good enough to get a high playoff seed, and should be good enough to get to the East Finals. Depending on who else gets there with them, they could be good enough to win the East Finals.

But since I'm pretty sure SA will be there to meet them if they do, I don't think they'll win them all. Our big 3 is better than theirs, and our team is much, much deeper. And on the off-chance that the Spurs don't make it back to the Finals, I don't think the C's would beat Phoenix, Utah, or the Mavs in a 7 game series. I'm also not sure they'd beat Orlando or Detroit in a 7 game series.

ArgSpursFan.
12-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I can see the Celtics taking the best reg season record.
But for some reazon I can't think of KG,Allen and Pierce (coached by Doc Rivers) winning an NBA ring. We´ll see what happens,at the end of the day,a team with Chimestry and a good coaching staff will win it all,and I just don't think it´s Boston case this season.

m33p0
12-17-2007, 10:33 AM
I can see the Celtics taking the best reg season record.
But for some reazon I can't think of KG,Allen and Pierce (coached by Doc Rivers) winning an NBA ring. We´ll see what happens,at the end of the day,a team with Chimestry and a good coaching staff will win it all,and I just don't think it´s Boston case this season.

could it be that he is the reason?

ArgSpursFan.
12-17-2007, 10:37 AM
could it be that he is the reason?

yeap.the biggest one. but not the only one.

m33p0
12-17-2007, 10:38 AM
yeap.the biggest one. but not the only one.

my thoughts exactly. :tu

ArgSpursFan.
12-17-2007, 10:46 AM
^^^ :tu

ambchang
12-17-2007, 11:49 AM
The thing about the Celtics that really caught me by surprise is how good their defense is. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were not known for defense, and there is only so much one man can do (KG).
I also thought their lack of depth and PG would spell disaster for them, but RR has played decent and smart, and their bench has been contributing. That said, they still had a moronically soft schedule up to this point, and I am expecting them to lose a few games between now and the end of the season.
I still say Pistons in the finals.

Supergirl
12-17-2007, 12:09 PM
The thing about the Celtics that really caught me by surprise is how good their defense is. Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were not known for defense, and there is only so much one man can do (KG).
I also thought their lack of depth and PG would spell disaster for them, but RR has played decent and smart, and their bench has been contributing. That said, they still had a moronically soft schedule up to this point, and I am expecting them to lose a few games between now and the end of the season.
I still say Pistons in the finals.

I've been saying for years (and so has he) that Paul Pierce is a very underrated defender. He's actually a pretty good defender, though not a consistent one, and he's never had a big man like KG to play with, and that makes his defense much, much better.

Ray is the opposite of defense. But they also have a couple guys like House coming off the bench who play decent D.

The big ? in my mind is the long term - can they keep it up over 82 games? Can they stay healthy? Can they grind it out in a 7 game series? They haven't really been tested yet. But they will. And we'll see how they handle it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
The East is weak. Cleveland wouldn't have made it past the second round (perhaps not the first) in the West last year. None of the Eastern teams, save Miami, have proven winners as head coaches. Doc's as proven as anyone in the East not named Riley.

The way Boston has played to this point I'd say they've got a better than 50% chance of making it out of the East. Detroit is a somewhat close second with Orlando and Cleveland on the outside looking in. But we'll see. There's a lot of season to go.

nkdlunch
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Detroit is gonna crush Boston this week.

The_Game
12-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Detroit is gonna crush Boston this week.

are you high? you must be

no one is going to crush Boston in Boston...just not possible.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
don't look now, but they're finally going to play a West team worth a damn next week.

Obstructed_View
12-17-2007, 05:43 PM
The Celtics are the best team in the NBA right now. Since "right now" is December, which means regular season, we know what that's worth. Who was the last team with the best record in the NBA to win the title?

Viva Las Espuelas
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
The Celtics are the best team in the NBA right now. Since "right now" is December, which means regular season, we know what that's worth. Who was the last team with the best record in the NBA to win the title?wasn't that the '96 Bulls?

JamStone
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM

Pistons suck. Celtics by 43.

TampaDude
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Bookmark this post, because I'm calling it right now. The Celtics will NOT win the East. BOOK IT!!!

Obstructed_View
12-18-2007, 02:07 AM
wasn't that the '96 Bulls?
It hasn't been that long. I'm pretty sure the Spurs did it once.

bostonguy
12-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Pistons suck. Celtics by 43.

Just make the ECF to face the Celts. I want the Pistons to be the team to wish us luck in the finals. This is a great new role for this team and it seems like they enjoy seeing these new teams head to the finals. Keep the tradition going because I want to be the next team the Pistons wish the best of luck to in the finals.

bostonguy
12-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Bookmark this post, because I'm calling it right now. The Celtics will NOT win the East. BOOK IT!!!

If health or team chemistry issues happen, you will be right on that. However if that doesnt happen, you will eat those words.