PDA

View Full Version : Sweet win by Golden. Lakers can't win fixed game.

Fabbs
12-15-2007, 02:31 AM
See that 4th qtr, especially the last 3 minutes? Way to go Golden State.
What a farce the refs tried to turn it into. The entire 4th, but in particular:

Al Harrington catches the pass at the arc, sets his feet to shoot. Dereek Swisher comes barreling into the set Harrington and Harrington is rung up for the offensive foul. :elephant

Just prior SJackson doesn't fall for any of Komes fakes. Kome forces yet another set jumper (6-23) and Jax gets rung up. Shades of 2002 playoffs game 6 vs Kings.

Sweet comeback.

NZ Spurs
12-15-2007, 04:33 AM
Harrington got Fisher on the follow through and Jackson hit Kobe on the elbow clear as day.

What was a travesty was Matt Barnes foul on Ronny Turiaf. That was disgusting.

balli
12-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Golden State is such a gimmick. I hate em. And Matt Barnes is the biggest piece of shit in the NBA.

JamStone
12-15-2007, 10:51 AM
It was fun to root for Golden State last year. They are annoying now.

dirk4mvp
12-15-2007, 11:10 AM

I agree. But somehow every Spur fan is now a huge S-Jax fan knowing they didn't give a shit about him since he was a Spur and Baron Davis is every Spur fans non favorite spur player. Give me a fuckin break.

JamStone
12-15-2007, 11:33 AM

On the playground, you throw down after a foul like that. Shit, if I were Turiaf, I would have threw punches. That is one of the worse kinds of foul, being blindsided while you're in the air.

Fabbs
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Harrington got Fisher on the follow through and Jackson hit Kobe on the elbow clear as day.
psssshhh.

What was a travesty was Matt Barnes foul on Ronny Turiaf. That was disgusting I agree, that was nasty and cheap.

BonnerDynasty
12-15-2007, 12:16 PM
I think I would lmao for 4 straight days if GS meets Dallas in the 1st round again.

Steve Irwin
12-15-2007, 12:56 PM
fuck the haters!

FromWayDowntown
12-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I agree. But somehow every Spur fan is now a huge S-Jax fan knowing they didn't give a shit about him since he was a Spur

You weren't here in early 2003-04. When the Hawks came through San Antonio that year, a lot of people around here went crazy about the fact that Buckets and Pop shared an embrace during that game and in the paper the following day, Pop was quoted as telling Stephen something suggesting that the door was open to Stephen coming back to SA. If you had seen the reaction to that statement, you'd realize that your statement is beyond preposterous.

On top of that, I'd argue that if you looked very closely for discussion of former Spurs who are still playing in the league (not retired players) you'd find, I suspect, that Jax is the most frequently discussed and the most favorably mentioned. The only other guys who I think might be close are Malik Rose, Antonio Daniels, and Devin Brown.

BacktoBasics
12-15-2007, 03:10 PM
The style of basketball is a joke. Entertaining - yes....indicative of winning a championship - comical. Why on earth would any franchise let themselves become a brand of basketball that has zero chance of a championship? Answer: Ticket sales, marketing, money....and nothing to do with being the best team on any given night. Nellie is the most highly overrated coach ever in the history of all professional sports.

balli
12-15-2007, 03:17 PM
The style of basketball is a joke. Entertaining - yes....indicative of winning a championship - comical. Why on earth would any franchise let themselves become a brand of basketball that has zero chance of a championship? Answer: Ticket sales, marketing, money....and nothing to do with being the best team on any given night. Nellie is the most highly overrated coach ever in the history of all professional sports.

http://www.pursuit.eu/rimages/hammare.jpg

E20
12-15-2007, 03:22 PM
fuck the haters!
I cheering for the Warriors like I was cheering for the Spurs last night. After all I live right next to them. Warriors came up BIG. Kobe sucked ass.

T Park
12-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I've always been a huge Stephen Jackson fan.

I'm fully convinced hes easily swayed by his surroundings, his surroundings in Indiana were shit.

In GS they are solid and good with nellie and Baron.

Shame Jax won't be coming back. He would be spot on perfect for the team right now :(

Medvedenko
12-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Kobe was hurt for the entire 4th Q...he pulled a quad muscle....anyways he forced it and the Warriors hit some tough shots down the stretch. Anyways, that barnes bitch should have been suspended by the league for his push....what a punk play.

LakeShow
12-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Kobe was hurt for the entire 4th Q...he pulled a quad muscle....anyways he forced it and the Warriors hit some tough shots down the stretch. Anyways, that barnes bitch should have been suspended by the league for his push....what a punk play.

Maybe we should take the brokeback route and send a videotape to the league to get barnes suspended??? :rolleyes

sribb43
12-16-2007, 10:13 PM

Did he get suspeneded for the foul, if not then the NBA league office and Stu Jackson is more of a joke than I thought

td4mvp21
12-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Did he get suspeneded for the foul, if not then the NBA league office and Stu Jackson is more of a joke than I thought

He played against Detroit today....

JamStone
12-16-2007, 11:52 PM
He played against Detroit today....

I don't know if that necessarily means he won't be suspended. It is the weekend. They may not have reviewed it yet or just haven't yet made a final decision whether to suspend him. But he really does deserve to be suspended for that foul.

Lebowski Brickowski
12-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I totaly agree that the GSW style is not conducive to Championship Bball in todays game, but to be fair

Nellie is the most highly overrated coach ever in the history of all professional sports.

NBA Winningest Coaches:
1. Lenny Wilkens 1,332 1,155 .536
2. Don Nelson 1,232 920 .572
3. Pat Riley 1,195 627 .656
4. Jerry Sloan 1,035 689 .600

anakha
12-17-2007, 01:00 AM
I totaly agree that the GSW style is not conducive to Championship Bball in todays game, but to be fair

NBA Winningest Coaches:
4. Jerry Sloan 1,035 689 .600

Props to Nelson for 1,232 wins, but...

Isn't that stat more a result of longevity than anything else? I'd actually put more stock in Riley and Sloan's higher win percentage (while having coached less games overall than Nelson), than in total number of wins.

FlyHigh07
12-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Golden State is such a gimmick. I hate em. And Matt Barnes is the biggest piece of shit in the NBA.

STFU Hawks fan. That's all I have to say. :oink

m33p0
12-17-2007, 10:45 AM

:lmao

I agree. But somehow every Spur fan is now a huge S-Jax fan knowing they didn't give a shit about him since he was a Spur and Baron Davis is every Spur fans non favorite spur player. Give me a fuckin break.

:lmao :rollin :lmao

I think I would lmao for 4 straight days if GS meets Dallas in the 1st round again.

me too!

BacktoBasics
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM

NBA Winningest Coaches:
4. Jerry Sloan 1,035 689 .600Time is all that is an indicator of. Not to mention that he's never won anything of any significance ever. All that proves is that he's the winningest failure in history.

balli
12-17-2007, 10:51 AM
STFU Hawks fan. That's all I have to say. :oink

Okay. Well. I'm a Jazz fan first, so y'know, fuck off. :p:
This is all I have to say-

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/ballijuana/sloan_gsw1.jpg

Fabbs
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Kobe was hurt for the entire 4th Q...he pulled a quad muscle....anyways he forced it
Real team player. Bynum was 8-10 and looking great against smallball Golden, Shasha and Radman were both hitting from the outside. So Mr. Quad Pull decides to take all the shots. :rolleyes

Medvedenko
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah Kobe was trying the injury out...should have went down low....I wasn't really too worried about the offense as I was worried about the d....

Purple & Gold
12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Merry Christmas Warriors fans. :santahat