PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum's Side About His Ejection Against The Spurs

duncan228
12-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Love how he refers to Oberto as "the guy." Like he doesn't know his name!

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-lakers-jackson-1943245-davis-game

Orange County Register
Kevin Ding

BYNUM'S SIDE

Andrew Bynum's recount of his Thursday night ejection against San Antonio goes as follows:

"I thought I was getting smacked on repeatedly, and I let it go all the way till halftime. I talked to the ref at halftime … Then in the third quarter, I kind of just blew up a little bit and got frustrated. At the time the guy (Spurs center Fabricio Oberto) was grabbing my jersey right in front of the referee. I smacked his hand down; he flopped, and they gave me an offensive foul."

Bynum then said he "took a step toward" Oberto for a first technical foul that Bynum did not believe was warranted.

"I just took a step," he said. "I wasn't trying to fight or anything like that. I guess the refs were still looking at me, so when I took a step they thought something was going to happen."

Bynum had no dispute with his second technical, which he got for lashing out at referee James Capers for calling the first technical.

"I flipped out on the referee, so I got tossed out," Bynum said.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Give me a fucking break! who does he think he's fooling? He just took a step??

sYICq8q-vIU

Does that look like just a step? pff

duncan228
12-15-2007, 12:29 PM
I love the embedded YouTube.
It's so much faster and easier than links.

And, yeah, Bynum isn't fooling anyone.
He's a kid, he's got a lot of maturing to do before his mind will match his body.

nkdlunch
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Bynum got the brain of a 4 year old

MaNuMaNiAc
12-15-2007, 12:33 PM

He's a kid, he's got a lot of maturing to do before his mind will match his body.:lol yeah, I agree, the embedded YouTube feature might be the best thing to happen to Spurstalk since Slomo and his flash skin :lol:toast

txstr1986
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Love how he refers to Oberto as "the guy." Like he doesn't know his name!

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-lakers-jackson-1943245-davis-game

Orange County Register
Kevin Ding

BYNUM'S SIDE

Andrew Bynum's recount of his Thursday night ejection against San Antonio goes as follows:

"I thought I was getting smacked on repeatedly, and I let it go all the way till halftime. I talked to the ref at halftime … Then in the third quarter, I kind of just blew up a little bit and got frustrated. At the time the guy (Spurs center Fabricio Oberto) was grabbing my jersey right in front of the referee. I smacked his hand down; he flopped, and they gave me an offensive foul."

Bynum then said he "took a step toward" Oberto for a first technical foul that Bynum did not believe was warranted.

"I just took a step," he said. "I wasn't trying to fight or anything like that. I guess the refs were still looking at me, so when I took a step they thought something was going to happen."

Bynum had no dispute with his second technical, which he got for lashing out at referee James Capers for calling the first technical.

"I flipped out on the referee, so I got tossed out," Bynum said.
:baby

m33p0
12-15-2007, 12:38 PM
bynum "walked towards" oberto, alright. the mistake was that he placed an elbow on fab. and oberto took advantage of him right there and then. sold bynum's shirt and all to the refs. hehehe.

m33p0
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM

He's a kid, he's got a lot of maturing to do before his mind will match his body.

he's a hot head and an egomaniac. worst combination ever. i don't see him maturing anytime soon.

remingtonbo2001
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM

Let's give it up for the Embedded youtube! :clap

Mdot.HIM.not
12-15-2007, 12:47 PM

i agree

ChumpDumper
12-15-2007, 12:57 PM
:lol Does he know the games are on tv and recorded?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-15-2007, 01:02 PM
:lol @ Oberto getting him ejected. That was probably the only highlight of excitement during the Spurs loss.

he's a hot head and an egomaniac. worst combination ever. i don't see him maturing anytime soon.
Yeah I had my doubts about the kid's maturity, when he disrespected Shaq in one of his debut games. (Sure Shaq is hated, but still)

Also he seems like a brat, who gets frustrated easily, I've seen a game clip where he shouted "Give me the fucking ball!"
to his teammate when he was still a scrub nothing,

6mOzQnwhqFE

(He sounds like he's ten years old.) :lol

and during games always notice that he seems disgruntled when it comes to the refs and their calls, more than he should be...not one of the most mature players for his age (right now), as opposed to other young players in the league.

Fabbs
12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Also he seems like a brat, who gets frustrated easily, I've seen a game clip where he shouted "Give me the fucking ball!" to his teammate when he was still a scrub nothing,
I have no problem with this. The Flamers do fail to get him the ball many a possession. Last nights Kome 6-23 affair vs Golden State was a joke while Bynum looked very good on O yet got only 10 shots. He is starting to use his length very well.

I'm not saying he is mature by any means. But with a *leader* as immature as Kobme, what do you expect?

boutons_
12-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Bynum may end up as one of the those ballas where his head gets in the way of his talent and his career.

I like the guy (well, his potential) and watched him quite a bit in the Spurs game. He stands around a lot in no-man's-land rather than crashing the boards and blocking out. Maybe if he got more RBs for his team he would get more touches for himself. And he's slow up and down the court, and fairly immobile.

Fabs suckered him right out of the game. Fabs' "what's going on" looks betray a very savvy, sneaky physical player (he does draw too many fouls). Pheel smeared the Spurs as usual.

phxspurfan
12-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions on his character just yet. I don't normally watch Laker games, but from that one incident it seemed like a veteran getting under a young player's skin. Oberto does it to a lot of guys, so this isn't unique. I like his game and think coach Jackson's Zen-style philosophy will have a positive effect on Bynum's temper.

duncan228
12-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't draw too many conclusions on his character just yet. I don't normally watch Laker games, but from that one incident it seemed like a veteran getting under a young player's skin. Oberto does it to a lot of guys, so this isn't unique. I like his game and think coach Jackson's Zen-style philosophy will have a positive effect on Bynum's temper.

I live in Laker land and see and read lots of Lakers stuff.

Bynum is a work in progress. I agree Jackson should be good for him in the long run, but right now Bynum is young and dumb.

He and Kobe appear to be getting along now, after the disaster this summer where Kobe went off about him. I think that's also going to help Bynum.

I've read that Bynum has worked with Kareem, sort of as his personal coach. It's hard to believe that a guy who gets that kind of help hasn't progressed a little faster.

He's not in the best playing shape, he makes a lot of stupid mistakes on the court. But with Kobe taking him under his wing, and Jackson's coaching philosophy, and the Lakers seemingly convinced he's their big man for the future, Bynum has a chance.

I think it's up to him whether he takes it or breaks it.

JamStone
12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Gotta love homerism.

Dave McNulla
12-15-2007, 06:26 PM
not only was the first technical warranted, the offensive foul was too.

Condemned 2 HelLA
12-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Seems to me that the Lamers are grooming Bynum to take Kwame Brown's spot when his contract expires at the end of this season.
That way, at least they'll still have at least one over-paid, overrated, straight out of high school bust on their squad.

The Truth #6
12-15-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't think Bynum is a bust at all. He started playing in the NBA when he was 17. He's developing low post moves. He's making progress. He's close to averaging a double double.

He lost his cool but I don't think he plays like a dick like Derek Fisher does.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Bynum a bust? Are you serious? In two years he will be putting up huge numbers and owning people regularly. Look at all of the young big guys who are killing the league this season - Howard and Jefferson for instance - they all take 4-5 years to work the NBA out.

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2007, 01:34 AM
why did kobe go all PMS on the ref? fag

m33p0
12-16-2007, 02:28 AM
andrew bynum, the second coming of derrick coleman. great talent at best. crybaby nonetheless.

DazedAndConfused
12-16-2007, 05:10 AM
It's funny how you guys can see a guy play one game and then determine his entire NBA future from that point out. In all honesty I was glad Bynum was angry enough to get himself ejected. Two years ago this kid was getting criticized for not playing with heart and energy. Kobe has pushed Bynum this year and we are finally see this young kid unleash the beast inside him.

In two years when he starts to really develop his base and works on his post moves there will not be a center in the Western conference that can stop him. He's 7"1, has a huge armspan, a soft touch, soft hands, and good bball IQ. There is a reason the Laker FO has held onto this kid in spite of the pressure from Kobe to make some moves. The Lakers know a thing or two about great centers, you don't stumble your way into 8 championships with teams all led by HOF centers by accident.

m33p0
12-16-2007, 09:39 PM
It's funny how you guys can see a guy play one game and then determine his entire NBA future from that point out....

its not just a one game incident.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Two years ago this kid was getting criticized for not playing with heart and energy.

Now he's playing without brains.

Tippecanoe
12-16-2007, 09:57 PM
to bynum's credit, it WAS a push by oberto, and the refs missed it. he had every right to be angry. but getting ejected afterwards was just stupid.

m33p0
12-16-2007, 10:03 PM
hey, i've got an idea. put a mic on bynum!

Purple & Gold
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
:lol :lol :lol At all these Spurs fans thinking Bynum won't amount to anything. The guy at 20 years old is already a beast. He will be a very dominant player for many many years.

When informed Bynum had recently turned 19, Duncan's eyes widened.
"Nineteen? That should be illegal,'' he said, shaking his head.

http://www.nba.com/nba_news/bynum_learning_070219.html

JamStone
12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
andrew bynum, the second coming of derrick coleman. great talent at best. crybaby nonetheless.

DC was a crackhead. Unless Bynum is snorting, I don't think it's fair to compare.

As for the rest of the Bynum trashing in this thread ...

Bynum is putting up a double double in 27 minute a game and shooting almost 60% from the field and blocking 2 shots a game ... in 27 minutes. As mentioned over and over in this thread, the kid is 20 years old. His wingspan is incredible and he's improved his conditioning. To think he is or will be a bust is pure hate. And, to call him a crybaby for getting upset at an obvious missed call is lame. He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt like other crybabies. Duncan cries all the time. But, since he generally won't get technicals or get ejected, it's cool. The kid has the potential to be very special if he continues to develop and mature.

ducks
12-17-2007, 06:31 PM
I would take Bynum on the spurs