PDA

View Full Version : Finley ... greybeard

12-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Man hasn't driven to hole in 3 years. Last good drive was against SAS to win a playoff game (game 1 in SA a few years back). Can't guard much either. He's shooting 33% for 2's and 35% for 3's. Not good. Nobody respects his drive, so the only shots he gets are "rise up" 3's.

Am I alone on this?

I know, good guy and all. I know he really is a back-up since Manu gets as least as many minutes. But, I've seen enough.

Spurs fans with me?

:fro

loveforthegame
12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
He's looking pretty good tonight.

Older players tend to become jump shooters so I don't expect Finley to drive anymore. Whether he's 8-8 or 2-15 he's become a spot up shooter. That works for this team.

ShoogarBear
12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Talk about bad timing.

TBMTF
12-15-2007, 09:43 PM
This is a former All-Star who's still capable of putting up 12 per game. I think we're paying him a little bit worth less than what he's worth.

You must be a huge fan of Barry as well.

E20
12-15-2007, 09:43 PM
What about those monstrous dunks he had against the Mavs in the 06 playoffs?

bonesinaz
12-15-2007, 09:44 PM
He has 14 in the 1st half.

txstr1986
12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
He's got 21 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists right now in the 3rd, so this better be a bullshit thread.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Talk about bad timing.
Someone needs to make a "Manu is done!" thread on Monday before game time.

Darkwaters
12-15-2007, 11:12 PM

I'll start a "Manu is past his prime" and "Tim is too unathletic and old" thread if you like. Also, maybe I'll toss in a "Bowen couldn't D up Sequ" and maybe a "Robert Horry never did anything against the Suns" thread as well for good measure.

dav4463
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
i like mike

ShoogarBear
12-15-2007, 11:41 PM
Manu ... baldspot

SenorSpur
12-16-2007, 01:48 AM
Man hasn't driven to hole in 3 years. Last good drive was against SAS to win a playoff game (game 1 in SA a few years back). Can't guard much either. He's shooting 33% for 2's and 35% for 3's. Not good. Nobody respects his drive, so the only shots he gets are "rise up" 3's.

Am I alone on this?

I know, good guy and all. I know he really is a back-up since Manu gets as least as many minutes. But, I've seen enough.

Spurs fans with me?

:fro

Your comments are EXACTLY why Finley was so heavily criticized during his last 3-4 years in Dallas. He took a lot of heat from both Mavs fans and local media for his diminished productivity and inconsistent shooting. The other critical point was that he was being paid like a superstar, but wasn't delivering like one.

My take on Finley is the same as it has been. He's evolved into basically a standstill jumpshooter who, if he's not hitting his jumper, is pretty useless. He's not a terribly good passer, doesn't have a good handle, an average to sub-par rebounder. To his credit, he has stepped up his defensive intensity since he's been with the Spurs.

Above all else, he has certainly benefited from the presence of Duncan, as he gets a lot of wide open looks. Seems to play more aggressive games versus the Mavs - for obvious reasons. Even still, it's a shame that what once was such an athletically gifted player has been reduced to a one-trick pony.

He's been a good Spur and all and I'm glad he won a ring with us, but I really want to see a younger, quicker, more versatile player in his spot for next season.

jdaveah
12-16-2007, 01:55 AM
On one break in traffic when Manu had the ball he pointed like he wanted a lob for an alley oop over one of the Nuggets bigs, he has a great game but I think he may have thought it was 10 years ago.

BonnerDynasty
12-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Cuban is paying for him atm, so who cares.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Ditka might have only had limited success against Finley last night.