View Full Version : Church of Finley

ShoogarBear
12-15-2007, 10:08 PM
In session, one night only.

:worthy:

duncan228
12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
He's incredible tonight.
I think he'll serve us well in the playoffs.
He's still got something in the tank.

txstr1986
12-15-2007, 10:14 PM
They're probably all in the "finley is a graybeard" thread right now.

Spurminator
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Nugget Killer.

smeagol
12-15-2007, 10:56 PM
How about CoO?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
He was on fire...

Finley is one that I never worry about. Even when his jumpers are off , or he's in a shooting slump, I'm comfortable with him taking any jumper he wants.

TMTTRIO
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Finley had an outstanding game tonight. I hope he can keep it up

AFBlue
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
He was on fire...

Finley is one that I never worry about. Even when his jumpers are off , or he's in a shooting slump, I'm comfortable with him taking any jumper he wants.

Couldn't disagree more.

Fin is a volume shooter that doesn't do much else. And when that shot isn't falling he is a liability.

Conversely, Barry can still contribute when his shot isn't falling. He still has the athleticism to penetrate and draw defenders, and the vision to get the ball where it needs to go.

Sure, Finley has the edge between the two on defense, but I'd choose Barry over Fin any day.

The best part about it is that the Spurs don't have to choose....they just go with who is "feeling it".

Dre_7
12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
As long as my main man Fin comes through in the postseason once again this year, whatever happens in the regular season doesnt mean shit to me. Its all about the rings!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Couldn't disagree more.

Conversely, Barry can still contribute when his shot isn't falling. He still has the athleticism to penetrate and draw defenders, and the vision to get the ball where it needs to go.

Sure, Finley has the edge between the two on defense, but I'd choose Barry over Fin any day.

The best part about it is that the Spurs don't have to choose....they just go with who is "feeling it".
Well I guess during regular season I don't care when Finley's not feeling it, he'll get 8-10 shots at best so it doesn't hamper us much, but Finley usually gets it going in post-season, and that's all I care about

Both Barry and Finley are reliable jumpshooters to have. So I don't really have a preference, because their role isn't too create, or facilitate on offense much anyway

Fin is a volume shooter that doesn't do much else. And when that shot isn't falling he is a liability.

Finley is a better defensive body than Barry, which is why he starts over him I think.
Barry is a defensive liability
So eh, they balance each other out.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I remember some folks wanted to trade him 2 weeks ago.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-16-2007, 01:07 PM
He was on fire...

:tu True. Only last season I wasn't comfortable with his shot selection. But this year he's taking them and making them as of late when he should. But last season he was taking shots at the worst times.