PDA

View Full Version : Elson couldn't guard Sequ

CubanMustGo
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Crimeny, a +/- of -16 in 11 minutes.

Trade this guy already. Or cut him. Enough is enough.

Hemotivo
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
:tu

AnotherArgie
12-15-2007, 10:51 PM
The guy got injured and nobody tried to help him. I felt bad for him at that point.

themvp
12-15-2007, 10:52 PM
The guy got injured and nobody tried to help him. I felt bad for him at that point.

I saw Tim right there trying to help him.

mystargtr34
12-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Sequ would be too quick for Elson... no way a 7 footer keeps up with a 5'2" guard

AnotherArgie
12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I saw Tim right there trying to help him.

He had to walk to the bench by himself. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
He had to walk to the bench by himself. :lol

That's pretty horrible and very unSpurlike. Doesn't matter whether he's playing well, he's a Spur which means you should help him out if he hurts himself. he's one of US, like it or not.

Poor Elson. I think he tries hard, he's just another guy like Nazr - low bball IQ - and then he tries to do too much and compounds the error.

If he could just stick to getting his defensive rotations right, pounding the boards, challenging shots and nailing the open J (pretty much what Oberto does, and stuff he does when he plays well), he'd be okay.

SpursIndonesia
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
:lol @the thread. At this pace, Elson might have to play with the Silver Stars next summer. :rolleyes

SAtown
12-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Sign Sequ, send Vaughn to D League

AFBlue
12-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Crimeny, a +/- of -16 in 11 minutes.

Trade this guy already. Or cut him. Enough is enough.

Trade him for what....a bag of peanuts?

Obviously he won't get cut and he'll probably be with the squad for the rest of the year....

But each and every game he seemingly plays himself further away from a re-up contract with the Spurs. With Mahinmi learning in the NBADL and Splitter set to come over next season, there should be no need for this guy.

Darkwaters
12-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Trade him for what....a bag of peanuts?

Obviously he won't get cut and he'll probably be with the squad for the rest of the year....

But each and every game he seemingly plays himself further away from a re-up contract with the Spurs. With Mahinmi learning in the NBADL and Splitter set to come over next season, there should be no need for this guy.

I hear the Pistons are into cast-off Spur centers. Maybe a Francisco Elson for Primoz Brezec and Walter Hermann trade? :smokin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-15-2007, 11:14 PM
yeah, I kinda felt bad that he was on the ground and no one really made it over to him to help him up, (and a little guilty myself, "oh, it's just Elson." )

I feel sorry for him, even if he's a weak link. I still like him better than Nazr and Rasho for some reason. Just because he looks like he enjoys playing for the Spurs. Plays with some pride.
I remember Nazr I didn't care for after 2005.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
yeah, I kinda felt bad that he was on the ground and no one really made it over to him to help him up, (and a little guilty myself, "oh, it's just Elson." )

I feel sorry for him, even if he's a weak link. I still like him better than Nazr and Rasho for some reason. Just because he looks like he enjoys playing for the Spurs. Plays with some pride.

Totally agree. For some inexplicable reason I like the guy, even though he is clearly the weak link at the moment. And he can play, we've all seen it, he just can't put it together consistently.

Whoever you are, doing an ankle is awful and someone should've got up to help. Very unSpurslike not to, and I hope Pop gets up them individually for not doing so.

AFBlue
12-15-2007, 11:18 PM
I hear the Pistons are into cast-off Spur centers. Maybe a Francisco Elson for Primoz Brezec and Walter Hermann trade? :smokin

Toronto too....

How would an Elson for Delfino deal sound? :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I'd take Elson for Delfino in a heart beat... or Moon.

AFBlue
12-15-2007, 11:22 PM

He costs less than half of either and his contract is up after this year...that's why I like him.

Spurs FO and coaching staff seem to love his fire and speed. Despite their better judgement, he'll probably get offered a one or two-year deal for similar money to stick around....and then he'll get subsequently traded when the Spurs realize Mahinmi and/or Splitter can do just as much, if not more.

Nothing against this guy personally, but I hope he's gone after this year.

SpursIndonesia
12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, can't really bag a player whose salary is quite a bargain. Elson will have his lapses, but in a certain night when the stars rightfully aligned, he could very well be our bigman ace on the court. :cheer

AFBlue
12-16-2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah, can't really bag a player whose salary is quite a bargain. Elson will have his lapses, but in a certain night when the stars rightfully aligned, he could very well be our bigman ace on the court. :cheer

Doubt that night ever comes...

But I can take solace in the play of Fabricio Oberto, who has taken hold of the "other big" spot alongside Duncan and run with it. If the Spurs are going to make a deep run in the playoffs, they will need his steady contribution.

I'm SO glad the Spurs have this guy...

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6715/obertovsphxti2.jpg

BeerIsGood!
12-16-2007, 12:32 AM
Oberto and Manu on that 2nd line is sick. Oberto just seems to be a guy who picks it up at times when needed, as in the last game with rebounding and tonight with scoring since TD was having a bad game and still probably a little hobbled with the ankle.

Shelly
12-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Sequ's name on his jersey would say "Blow Me"

duncan228
12-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Oberto and Manu on that 2nd line is sick. Oberto just seems to be a guy who picks it up at times when needed, as in the last game with rebounding and tonight with scoring since TD was having a bad game and still probably a little hobbled with the ankle.

Duncan certainly wasn't himself, but I don't think it was expected that he would be.
Rhythm is always off after you're out a few games.
And I'm sure that ankle isn't 100%. He was heavily taped, more so than usual.

His line wasn't that bad for 20 minutes on the floor after being out 4 games.

8 points
5 boards
1 assist, 1 block, 1 steal.
3 TO's.

Dre_7
12-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Oberto and Elson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rasho and Nazr. I am very happy with the Spurs current Center situation.

duncan228
12-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Sequ's name on his jersey would say "Blow Me"

:lol Or "gay." :lol

CubanMustGo
12-16-2007, 12:52 AM
:lol Or "gay." :lol

Wouldn't it say

FIXED
??

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Don't forget Rob, who will be in the playoff rotation without a doubt - he, TD, Oberto, makes a very savvy frontcourt rotation, with Elson and Bonner giving spot minutes.

BeerIsGood!
12-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Duncan certainly wasn't himself, but I don't think it was expected that he would be.
Rhythm is always off after you're out a few games.
And I'm sure that ankle isn't 100%. He was heavily taped, more so than usual.

His line wasn't that bad for 20 minutes on the floor after being out 4 games.

8 points
5 boards
1 assist, 1 block, 1 steal.
3 TO's.

yep, not bad for a few minutes - but if TD is only giving you 8 pts and 5 boards someone in the frontcourt is going to have to step up. Tonight that was Oberto.

AFBlue
12-16-2007, 01:10 AM
Don't forget Rob, who will be in the playoff rotation without a doubt - he, TD, Oberto, makes a very savvy frontcourt rotation, with Elson and Bonner giving spot minutes.

I would love to see Duncan at 35MPG, Oberto at 30MPG, and Horry at 20MPG come playoff time.

That would leave barely any court time for Elson or Bonner, who both struggle mightily on the defensive side of the ball.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I would love to see Duncan at 35MPG, Oberto at 30MPG, and Horry at 20MPG come playoff time.

That would leave barely any court time for Elson or Bonner, who both struggle mightily on the defensive side of the ball.

Sounds about right to me, but play Bonner/Elson in place of Rob 1 out of every 4 games or so, and especially on back-to-backs, to keep Rob fresh and the other guys ready to step in if necessary.

AFBlue
12-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Sounds about right to me, but play Bonner/Elson in place of Rob 1 out of every 4 games or so, and especially on back-to-backs, to keep Rob fresh and the other guys ready to step in if necessary.

Yeah, I said it would be nice to see....but it's not realistic.

Playing Duncan and Oberto that much time, especially later on in the season might ware on them too much. I'd say Duncan and Oberto average about 5MPG less than I suggested, freeing up 10MPG for those other two to screw up.

I was just speaking in hypothetical terms....

timvp
12-16-2007, 01:38 AM
I tried to warn SpursTalk when the Spurs were signing this guy but no one wanted to listen :smokin

But seriously, I think some are being too hard on him. I knew he sucked before he got here but he isn't a total lost cause. He's a seven footer who can run fast and give effort. Those two traits give him some sort of value. Plus he always seems to have a big game about once a month, which makes it fun to dream during those 48 minutes about how Elson might actually be turning the corner :lol

With Elson, you know he's all about a championship, which is always a good trait. Even though he frustrates me with his play, he rarely hurts the Spurs enough to where he is the cause for a loss.

P.S.

I don't understand what people are saying about how no one went to go help Elson up. Before anyone could get to him, Elson had popped up and was hopping to the bench. It wasn't like he was laying in agony and every just ignored him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2007, 01:49 AM
I tried to warn SpursTalk when the Spurs were signing this guy but no one wanted to listen :smokin

But seriously, I think some are being too hard on him. I knew he sucked before he got here but he isn't a total lost cause. He's a seven footer who can run fast and give effort. Those two traits give him some sort of value. Plus he always seems to have a big game about once a month1, which makes it fun to dream during those 48 minutes about how Elson might actually be turning the corner :lol

With Elson, you know he's all about a championship, which is always a good trait. Even though he frustrates me with his play, he rarely hurts the Spurs enough to where he is the cause for a loss.

P.S.

I don't understand what people are saying about how no one went to go help Elson up. Before anyone could get to him, Elson had popped up and was hopping to the bench. It wasn't like he was laying in agony and every just ignored him.2

1 - yeah, I love his big games too. Occasionally, very occasionally, he looks like a starting NBA centre...

2 - good to hear. All I saw on TV was him hobbling down the tunnel...

Even though Rasho in 2003 and Nazr in 2005 both helped us to championships, for some reason I like Elson more. Maybe it's the visible passion he plays with. Rasho was a better player, no doubt, and Nazr a better rebounder, so I guess I just have to be irrational about this.

some_user86
12-16-2007, 02:12 AM
1 - yeah, I love his big games too. Occasionally, very occasionally, he looks like a starting NBA centre...

2 - good to hear. All I saw on TV was him hobbling down the tunnel...

Even though Rasho in 2003 and Nazr in 2005 both helped us to championships, for some reason I like Elson more. Maybe it's the visible passion he plays with. Rasho was a better player, no doubt, and Nazr a better rebounder, so I guess I just have to be irrational about this.

:wtf

Rasho came after D-Rob retired... which was after the 2003 championship.

Rasho won only one championship with us, the same one that Nazr has... 2005

AnotherArgie
12-16-2007, 02:14 AM
I don't understand what people are saying about how no one went to go help Elson up. Before anyone could get to him, Elson had popped up and was hopping to the bench. It wasn't like he was laying in agony and every just ignored him.

Are you kidding me? When Duncan got injured, he had a crowd around him in less than 2 seconds. On the other hand, Elson spent some time in the floor, alone. Then he had to stand up, alone. And he walked in one foot to the bench, then again, alone. It was sad and hilarious at the same time!

anakha
12-16-2007, 02:16 AM
You can't stop Sequ, you can only hope to contain him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-16-2007, 02:46 AM
:wtf

Rasho came after D-Rob retired... which was after the 2003 championship.

Rasho won only one championship with us, the same one that Nazr has... 2005

Sorry, you are absolutely correct. I know that, you know I know that, I just had a brain explosion. :smokin :oops

I was dreaming about 2004, the year we should have won the championship but for 0.4 and Hedo inexplicably going soft on us... although Detroit may well have beaten us that year as they were very strong.

SouthernFried
12-16-2007, 02:52 AM
Oberto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elson, Rasho and Nazr. I am very happy with the Spurs current Center situation.

fixed

:p:

batboy
12-16-2007, 02:52 AM
You can't stop Sequ, you can only hope to contain him.

If you can see Sequ, he's already seen you.

SequSpur
12-16-2007, 01:45 PM
:nope

Budkin
12-16-2007, 03:42 PM
His speed and height make him valuable, even if he sucks a lot of the time. He was decent in the playoffs last year for us.

samikeyp
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Sequ would head butt him in the nuts!