PDA

View Full Version : Beowulf

LaMarcus Bryant
12-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Did anyone see this movie? In 3D? In Imax 3D?

I freakin LOVED it....You have to see it in 3D though, preferably Imax. The monster Grendel is SICK, the modelers and animators behind that guy deserve a freakin medal.

Angelina Jolie was a stupid eye candy waste of camera time POS in this movie, the monster she portrayed was only shown in reflections, and in quick shots. The animators behind that monster have to be seething in anger, not only did they work months and months on a sick looking mosnter, but they got slapped in the face by having a gold-skinned Angelina Jolie with perfectly round computer animated DDD sized breasts taking all the camera time.

But the Jolie debacle is my only knock on this movie. The action scenes are simply mind blowing, and in 3D its like a constant roller coaster of action and blood and carnage and battle. It rocks.
The dialogue is surprisingly uncheesy. The adult humor stops just short of being in bad taste.

Don't see it in regular theatres though. Its strictly meant to be seen in 3D. Kinda weak, but its true. What did ya'll think about the movie?

I give it a B+, and I'm always going to be eager to support computer animated movies geared towards adults that are not Rated G and about insects, talking machines, talking animals, or dancing penguins. F*ck that *stuff*. Even though this wasn't a pure computer animated movie, its a start. Support this film and maybe we'll get sicker, more action-packed computer animated movies in the future. Instead of movies about talking rats trying to help a human chef to create a good meal.

BonnerDynasty
12-16-2007, 12:58 PM
The story of Beowulf is hard to pull off anymore :imo It's a pretty short and simple story.

Speaking strictly off the story and not any of the effects, it was alright.

thispego
12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
:lmao

i'll watch it if LaMarcus endorses it :tu

Fillmoe
12-16-2007, 02:40 PM
angelina hoelie

duncan228
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
There was conversation about it when it first came out.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81770