PDA

View Full Version : MVN Blog about Dec. 15 Toros game

ChumpDumper
12-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Since I didn't go.

http://mvn.com/nba-spurs/2007/12/15/checking-out-the-toros/

Darkwaters
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Nice article. I'd like to see him write one whenever Washington and Mahinmi play. And I wish he would have mentioned Dermarr.

He seems a bit higher on Williams than most people here though (even while pointing out some shortcomings).

Langford is so easy to take for granted. But the guy consistently puts up good numbers in a variety of categories. With Washington looking like a solid prospect at the point it doesn't appear Langford is likely to be a lead guard protege. But could he be a reliable 2 guard on the NBA level?

duncan228
12-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks ChumpDumper.
It's better than nothing, and the writing was okay.
I still like your style better, because you're on this board you write with a Spurs flavor. (If that makes sense.)
Last year I wouldn't have opened the thread, never mind read the article.
There is hope for those of us who are late in discovering the D League.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Nice article. I'd like to see him write one whenever Washington and Mahinmi play. And I wish he would have mentioned Dermarr. Yeah, he picks apart the players on a micro level better than I do.
He seems a bit higher on Williams than most people here though (even while pointing out some shortcomings).He's talented, but it's hard to tell what his niche would be in the NBA.
Langford is so easy to take for granted. But the guy consistently puts up good numbers in a variety of categories. With Washington looking like a solid prospect at the point it doesn't appear Langford is likely to be a lead guard protege. But could he be a reliable 2 guard on the NBA level?His lack of size is probably the thing that's holding him back the most. He has a fairly complete offensive game and the guard-friendly rule changes of the last few years have made it easier for a guy like him to get an NBA job. He's probably going to make some nice money wherever he ends up. If Darius becomes the primary backup and Jacque leaves the team for some reason, I wouldn't mind having Langford as a bench combo guard for the Spurs. Having all three point guards able to attack the basket that aggressively would be a good thing.