PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the season so far...

SpursDynasty
12-17-2007, 03:57 AM
1. Boston Celtics - I am quite impressed with the play of these guys...20-2..when have we had an NBA team open with that good a record? Probably not any time recently. You know, the Spurs could've been about 21-2 also (Our only real losses were to Dallas the first game and Golden State) right now if it hadn't been for some asshole named James Jones injuring Duncan.

2. Spurs holding the top West record - Good job S.A. for going out there and taking care of business every night...As predicted, SA and Boston are the Finals 2008 teams....a combined 38-7 record between the two elites.

3. Dwight Howard - I am ticked because the league has practically been handed to this guy. Why is everyone so scared of guarding this goof? Letting him score 30 points and 20 boards a night, COME ON! It's okay though, he hasn't beat Phoenix, Detroit, or SA yet. Dwight Howard is a joke. I'm tired of all this "Beast" talk. I am glad Detroit is above these guys in the standings again though.

4. The demise of Dallas and Phoenix - Looks like you guys aren't getting all the whistles, calls, bounces, fouls, free throws to go your way huh? Spurs beat Dallas easily and will beat Phoenix easily tomorrow night.

5. Josh Howard - You still suck ass and you try to act tough but end up looking like an 11 year old throwing temper tantrums. You will never make the All Star team again. Same goes for Jason Terry! Looks like the coming off the bench didn't work after your shooting percentage fell from a fluke 56% to whatever it is now.

6. Houston - People were picking you to come out of the West, saying that you guys were the most improved team, and it didn't take 20 games before you had to go out and screw up your season. 12-12? Is that all you got? Oh wait I forgot, Tracy McGrady is your leader...

7. Greg Oden - Enjoying that view from your couch?

8. Golden State - You guys would have a much better record than 13-11 if not for the league punishing you guys for eliminating Dallas, by suspending Stephen Jackson 7 games for something that happened off the court.

9. Greg Oden - Portland is on a pretty good win streak right now, you know they're making up for you letting down thousands of hopeful Portland fans. Maybe the team doesn't need you after all!

10. National TV NBA Coverage: Probably the worst set of games I've ever seen in my life on national TV this season.

Findog
12-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Aren't you not supposed to come back until December 20th?

anakha
12-17-2007, 04:13 AM
(Our only real losses were to Dallas the first game and Golden State)

Is this the same logic you used when arguing that the Spurs actually won 60+ games last season, only the rest of the league wasn't informed? :lol

Dwight Howard - I am ticked because the league has practically been handed to this guy. Why is everyone so scared of guarding this goof? Letting him score 30 points and 20 boards a night, COME ON!

And yet another prediction backfires. :lol

Spurs beat Dallas easily and will beat Phoenix easily tomorrow night.

Hmmm... do I smell another bet coming? :devil

Dre_7
12-17-2007, 05:08 AM
And how about ALL those dominating games by Luis Scola?? :lol

stretch
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
5. Josh Howard - You still suck ass and you try to act tough but end up looking like an 11 year old throwing temper tantrums. You will never make the All Star team again. Same goes for Jason Terry! Looks like the coming off the bench didn't work after your shooting percentage fell from a fluke 56% to whatever it is now.

Howard is averaging 22 ppg on about 50% shooting.

Terry is still shooting 50% and 47% from 3pt land, while averaging about 17 ppg.

So much for sucking and low percentages...

leemajors
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
Howard is averaging 22 ppg on about 50% shooting.

Terry is still shooting 50% and 47% from 3pt land, while averaging about 17 ppg.

So much for sucking and low percentages...
quoting fluke percentages, :lmao

Amarelooms
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM

Nothing fluke about it....if you know anything about basketball you know Josh Howard is an all-star and the Mavs best all around player :elephant

stretch
12-17-2007, 09:53 AM
:lol

monosylab1k
12-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Josh Howard is just trying to shoot some shots

Shank
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
SpursDynasty is just trying to welch on some bets.

JamStone
12-17-2007, 01:32 PM
1. Boston Celtics - I am quite impressed with the play of these guys...20-2..when have we had an NBA team open with that good a record?

Pistons started out the 2005-06 season 24-3 with a tougher schedule, including 15 on the road (13-2 on the road), three Western Conference road trips, and wins against San Antonio, Phoenix on the road, Rockets on the road, Miami, and New Jersey.

Tippecanoe
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
why did i open this thread. why?? :bang

JamStone
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM

Same reason you have to slow down on the freeway when there's a huge accident. Same reason you watch a slasher flick and when the blood spilling happens you cover your eyes only to spread your fingers so you can still catch a peak.

cornbread
12-17-2007, 04:04 PM
For the same reason that mean people watched "Life Goes On".

stretch
12-17-2007, 04:05 PM
cuz you're gay

duncan228
12-17-2007, 04:41 PM

Because love him or hate him, (I don't think there's a middle ground here), SpursDynasty brings this forum some action.

Everyone has something to say to him.

J.T.
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
1. Boston Celtics - I am quite impressed with the play of these guys...20-2..when have we had an NBA team open with that good a record? Probably not any time recently. You know, the Spurs could've been about 21-2 also (Our only real losses were to Dallas the first game and Golden State) right now if it hadn't been for some asshole named James Jones injuring Duncan.

Cakewalk schedule...

2. Spurs holding the top West record - Good job S.A. for going out there and taking care of business every night...As predicted, SA and Boston are the Finals 2008 teams....a combined 38-7 record between the two elites.

The Spurs are just winning the games they're supposed to win. No surprises here.

3. Dwight Howard - I am ticked because the league has practically been handed to this guy. Why is everyone so scared of guarding this goof? Letting him score 30 points and 20 boards a night, COME ON! It's okay though, he hasn't beat Phoenix, Detroit, or SA yet. Dwight Howard is a joke. I'm tired of all this "Beast" talk. I am glad Detroit is above these guys in the standings again though.

You got skeeted on by D12. Admit it.

JamStone
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM
You got skeeted on by D12. Admit it.

Dwight or the entire rap group?

sprrs
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Pistons started out the 2005-06 season 24-3 with a tougher schedule, including 15 on the road (13-2 on the road), three Western Conference road trips, and wins against San Antonio, Phoenix on the road, Rockets on the road, Miami, and New Jersey.

Don't bother trying to prove him wrong...he shies away from logic and reason.

Fillmoe
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
not a single player is even close to the level of talent dwight howard is playing at right now..... dwight would drop 30 and 20 on the spurs with duncan playing......

Amarelooms
12-18-2007, 12:10 AM
not a single player is even close to the level of talent dwight howard is playing at right now..... dwight would drop 30 and 20 on the spurs with duncan playing......

Not close to the level of talent he is playing at? That doesn't make any sense but not a surprise since it's coming from you..........

Dwight Howard, C 36 9-16 0-0 4-5 1 12 13 5 2 1 2 4 22

Dirk Nowitzki, PF 40 12-24 1-4 6-6 1 10 11 4 0 0 3 3 31

Mavs 111 Magic 108

OWNED :elephant

ShoogarBear
12-18-2007, 12:13 AM
why did i open this thread. why?? :bangBecause SpursDynasty was holding your dog hostage until you did.

dirk4mvp
12-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Dirk was big in the 2nd half.

The dunk Howard did over Dampier was pretty nasty.

FromWayDowntown
12-18-2007, 01:36 AM
dwight would drop 30 and 20 on the spurs with duncan playing......

He had 34 and 16 in a game at San Antonio back before Thanksgiving.

The Spurs won the game by 18, though.

LEONARD
12-18-2007, 09:34 AM

I needed a good laugh this morning...thanks Jeff!!