PDA

View Full Version : Random thoughts

Ocotillo
12-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Just some ramblings from an old school guy who doesn't post much but lurks daily.

I really appreciate Timvp's and Chump's post game write ups on the Spurs and Toro's games. Keep up the good work guys.

I think Pop may pick up Jacque Vaughn as an assistant coach when he hangs it up. And speaking of hanging it up, when TD retires and Pop steps down, JV may be the guy who replaces Pop.

Bonner contract = Malik Rose contract redux.

Oh boy Oberto!

What will Robert Horry do in Junes if he really retires?

Is Sankidze really going to pan out to anything?

Splitter = Scola who?

When the Spurs play Boston who does Bowen cover, Pierce or Ray Ray?

Look at the type of players Pop has in his system to surround Duncan and what happens to them....... Kerr, Ferry and AJ come to mind. Smart heady guys that end up either coaching or GMing.

thispego
12-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Just some ramblings from an old school guy who doesn't post much but lurks daily.

I really appreciate Timvp's and Chump's post game write ups on the Spurs and Toro's games. Keep up the good work guys.

I think Pop may pick up Jacque Vaughn as an assistant coach when he hangs it up. And speaking of hanging it up, when TD retires and Pop steps down, JV may be the guy who replaces Pop.

Bonner contract = Malik Rose contract redux.

Oh boy Oberto!

What will Robert Horry do in Junes if he really retires?

Is Sankidze really going to pan out to anything?

Splitter = Scola who?

When the Spurs play Boston who does Bowen cover, Pierce or Ray Ray?

Look at the type of players Pop has in his system to surround Duncan and what happens to them....... Kerr, Ferry and AJ come to mind. Smart heady guys that end up either coaching or GMing.
:tu

phyzik
12-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Jack Links > Oberto

ChumpDumper
12-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Bonner contract = Malik Rose contract redux.I'm not sure people understand what a relatively small contract Bonner has.

AFBlue
12-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure people understand what a relatively small contract Bonner has.

Certainly understandable, but Jackie Butler and Beno Udrih also had a "relatively small" contract and were let go.

One would have to think the Spurs would entertain the idea of trading him based on his lack of understanding of defensive schemes.

Still, I expect he'll be with the team into next year when his minutes as a perimeter-oriented PF will most likely increase.