PDA

View Full Version : Can you guess who is #10 in ESPN's Power Rankings?

tlongII
12-17-2007, 02:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking?season=2008&week=7

Yeah, baby! :clap

Tippecanoe
12-17-2007, 02:38 PM
guess who's number one?? :spin

E20
12-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Blazers are playing pretty well. THey dug themselves up and are now at .500. Good win streak going, Roy is proving why he is the rookie of the year and why he is on my fantasy team. This team will be a monster in 2-3 years with Oden coming back and everybody growing with the chemistry and experience. It would not suprise me if the Blazers made it to the PO's this year.

phxspurfan
12-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, the Blazers have been surprisingly competitive this season against good teams. Like everyone else has mentioned, they should be scary good, potential-wise, when Oden comes back. Oden, Aldridge, Roy and Jack off the bench -- that's a pretty good group if Portland can afford all of them.

Rummpd
12-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Well deserved and with Oden will win the West one day when Duncan retires and will be close before that.

ehz33satx
12-17-2007, 02:47 PM
guess who's number one?? :spin

Guess which team this decade is usually standing alone at the end? Thats right! The San Antonio Spurs. And until your team wins, this decade, you can't say any different.

Armando
12-17-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, the Blazers have been surprisingly competitive this season against good teams. Like everyone else has mentioned, they should be scary good, potential-wise, when Oden comes back. Oden, Aldridge, Roy and Jack off the bench -- that's a pretty good group if Portland can afford all of them.

They will with Paul Allen as an owner. He finally has a team without the Jailblazer tag.

Tippecanoe
12-17-2007, 03:00 PM
Guess which team this decade is usually standing alone at the end? Thats right! The San Antonio Spurs. And until your team wins, this decade, you can't say any different.

party pooper :nope

Demo Dick Marcinko
12-17-2007, 03:41 PM

Just keeping it real. Celts have been the most impressive team thus far, but I wasn't even born last time they won a title. Don't want to be a doubting Thomas but let them walk the walk then I'll become a believer.

Rummpd
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM
"Just keeping it real. Celts have been the most impressive team thus far, but I wasn't even born last time they won a title. Don't want to be a doubting Thomas but let them walk the walk then I'll become a believer."

A closer look says not so fast - the Celtics lost to the Magic and the full strength Cavs and have not faced the West powers yet. Meanwhile 2 of 5 Spurs losses attributable to injuries. Spurs still the NBA power, and have the true Big Three with 10 championships among them!

ehz33satx
12-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Your fantastic Celtics have played the majority, if not nearly all of their games against inferior East teams. If they played in the West, their record would be well diminished. They would be in the second tier of NBA teams, amongst the Suns, Mavericks, and the Jazz, and just a few steps ahead of the Rockets and Grizzlies. Not standing alone at the top like the mighty San Antonio Spurs!!!
It's good to be the king! :king

Demo Dick Marcinko
12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
"Just keeping it real. Celts have been the most impressive team thus far, but I wasn't even born last time they won a title. Don't want to be a doubting Thomas but let them walk the walk then I'll become a believer."

A closer look says not so fast - the Celtics lost to the Magic and the full strength Cavs and have not faced the West powers yet. Meanwhile 2 of 5 Spurs losses attributable to injuries. Spurs still the NBA power, and have the true Big Three with 10 championships among them!

No doubt the Spurs are still the standard bearers in the NBA and even if the Spurs don't have the best record at the end of the regular season, barring major injury everyone knows that the Spurs will be in it at the end of the regular season, even though they 've had injury issues, and an uncharacteristic loss of focus on the defensive end. Typical Spurs ball, we know they always get rolling after the rodeo road trip.

My point was even though the Celts have played a less then a stellar and taxing schedule they've done what they are suppose to do - beat the teams they're supposed to. But I am far from ready to crown them anything based on their record. I'm far from jumping on the Celtic bandwaggon but I will give them their dues even if their slightly premature.

All I'm saying is that right now they look good, real good. But so did that brunette last saturday night after about 6 buds and chasers and we know how that turned out sunday morning! :drunk :drunk

Oh, Gee!!
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
lame

remingtonbo2001
12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
You know your the best team in the league when the only team that can beat you is...

Yourself!

CubanMustGo
12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Did Mark Cuban get the league to award a 10th place in the ESPN rankings trophy ??

Cry Havoc
12-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Worst power rankings ever. The Knicks deserve to be at least in the top 7.

BonnerDynasty
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM
i figured we would drop out of the top 5. Not realistically but after back to back losses, it's a weird feeling.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-17-2007, 07:35 PM

Actually, Travis Outlaw is the one who has been doing the damage off the bench lately, not Jack (he started the season hot but has cooled off). He and Webster provide a long, athletic swing combo.

They need a real PG - a combo of Blake and Jack in one player would be perfect, but, yeah, they will be scary in a year or two.