12-17-2007, 04:15 PM
The Stephon Marbury miracle 3 game.

Kori Ellis
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Stephen Jackson's going off in the first quarter :smokin

:)

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-17-2007, 04:17 PM
I watched that game at the Sam's Club off DeZavala.

Fuck Steph.

timvp
12-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Thinking back on it, does anyone find it odd that the Suns without two-time MVP Steve Nash and mastermind Mike D'Antoni gave the Spurs more trouble? The 2003 Suns were a horrible matchup for the Spurs. Marbury was too strong for Parker, the rest of the team were great athletes and they were fantastic at defending the three-point shooters.

If it wasn't for Danny Ferry having the game of his life in Game 2, the Spurs would have likely lost the series. I honestly think the Spurs were closer to losing against the Suns in 2003 than they were in 2007.

E20
12-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Where is that picture of Marbury after Game 1 where he is squatting down like he just took a big ass shit.

themvp
12-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Where is that picture of Marbury after Game 1 where he is squatting down like he just took a big ass shit.

Yes, I like that :lol he was acting like they just won NBA Finals :lol

remingtonbo2001
12-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Our perimeter defense was terrible. It seems like we didn't man up enough on their shooters, or in any case reacted too slowly.

Really, our defense now is incredible.

ricketts
12-17-2007, 05:02 PM
man, i cant wait for the game tonight, i know the teams are totally diffrent but its still gonna be a great game. and this is just getting me all warmed up.

Obstructed_View
12-17-2007, 05:39 PM
I remember Jack throwing it down in Amare's face at the beginning of that game.

Jayem
12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
david robinson, tim duncan, tony parker, manu ginobili, stephen jackson all on the floor :wow

why did we let s jax go again?

LaMarcus Bryant
12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
There was a sense of dread going against the Suns only because Marbury was a certified spurs killer that season. The media then proceeded to enforce a self-fulfilling prophecy that a young Tony Parker bought into. Also, the whole "Tony has trouble when he's defended by bigger guards like Raja Bell" affected his mental state as well.

When it comes down to it, I think after game 4 there was no doubt we were going to win the series. The suns came into the series kinda like Golden State against hte Mavericks in round 1 last year, the only difference is that the Spurs as a team were much stronger mentally, that year's road trip tempered the team's fortitude like no other.

I don't think the Suns were really that good that year at all, IIRC they lost to a bunch of shitty teams...the matchup was a problem but nowhere near as bad as people say. It was all mental. Spurs were tough. Therefore they prevailed.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-17-2007, 06:26 PM
If it wasn't for Danny Ferry having the game of his life in Game 2, the Spurs would have likely lost the series. I honestly think the Spurs were closer to losing against the Suns in 2003 than they were in 2007.

If it weren't for the luckiest shot of Amare's career, we wouldn't have needed Ferry heroics and would have swept those punks.
:smokin

boutons_
12-17-2007, 06:36 PM
"I don't think the Suns were really that good that year at all"

Good enough for 8th seed. :)

OldDirtMcGirt
12-17-2007, 06:39 PM
If it weren't for the luckiest shot of Amare's career, we wouldn't have needed Ferry heroics and would have swept those punks.
:smokin

I remember when I watched that live I was about ready to jump out of my seat, fly to San Antonio, and kill him for that absolutely retarded shot. I'm not sure if I've ever been happier in my life that he actually made it.

baseline bum
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Thinking back on it, does anyone find it odd that the Suns without two-time MVP Steve Nash and mastermind Mike D'Antoni gave the Spurs more trouble? The 2003 Suns were a horrible matchup for the Spurs. Marbury was too strong for Parker, the rest of the team were great athletes and they were fantastic at defending the three-point shooters.

That series was scary as hell until the Spurs blew them out in game 5 (behind a monster performance from the now sadly forgotten Malik Rose).

E20
12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
And Amare miracle three game.

T Park
12-17-2007, 06:54 PM
behind a monster performance from the now sadly forgotten Malik Rose).

I believe 03 Malik had alot of monster performances.

Game 3 vs NJ

Game 6 and 2 vs Dallas

Malik was a stud in those playoffs.

Budkin
12-17-2007, 07:13 PM

That was actually from Game 4 after they tied the series in Phoenix after the Jake Voshkul shot.

Budkin
12-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Don't forget that Amare hit a miracle 3 first to send the game to OT. :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Starbury... and Amare miracle three game.

Both banked!