PDA

View Full Version : I just spent $240 on a Spurs Ticket...

Amuseddaysleeper
12-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I was supposed to go with some friends and sit in row 2 on the upper bowl....but while working the ticketmaster outlet at my record store, a single seat which was in row 1, section 108 (pretty much dead center at the halfcourt mark, just behind the courtside seats) popped up.

Every time I see the spurs I sit in the upper bowl, but this year I decided to go all out. I live in Toronto, so I'm hoping the Spurs at least make a game out of it and don't beat the Raptors too badly.

I also hope and pray none of the big 3 are injured for the game, as the only game TD missed the year before last when I went, was against the Raps :madrun

As for my friends, I'll meet up with them at halftime.....they were gonna be rooting for the Raptors anyway

Basically, I'm just really excited, and I apologize for posting what probably belongs on a myspace blog.

BacktoBasics
12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Pretty sad how much it costs to get a good seat for a game. With that said I hope you enjoy a seat that expensive because for most its a once in a lifetime opportunity.

TheTruth
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Good for you man. I'm jealous!

CubanMustGo
12-17-2007, 06:14 PM
Geez I paid less than that for a lower bowl NBA Finals ticket last year. OK, it was seven rows up and in one of the corners.

Have a great time, that sounds like an awesome seat and Toronto is a great city!

sa_kid20
12-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I got to sit courtside once a couple of years ago when my friend won two courtside seats in a raffle. It was one of the coolest experiences in my life and i'll never forget it and those seats cost $750 each so that was most likely the first and only time i'll ever sit courtside :lol So enjoy the seats man its definately a completely different perspective from down there.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-17-2007, 06:21 PM
haha, thanks for all the support guys, most of my friends think I'm insane, but they just don't understand.

I definitely can't afford seats like this on a yearly basis (still in school) but I wanted to go all out just this once.

ricketts
12-17-2007, 06:28 PM
I had an oppertunity to go to the Dallas Vs. Utah game this year through seats for soldiers. I passed it up because it was the mavs and i didnt know all the details. turns out Mark Cuban and the other mav season ticket holders chartered a plane and flew everyone from S.A. to dallas paid for all the soldiers to eat dinner with the teams at a nice restuarant and then they all got to sit courtside. I turned on my TV to watch the game and saw friends of mine sitting there, almost through the remote through the TV i was so pissed. Definetly a once in a lifetime oppertunity. I hope you enjoy the game. GO Spurs.

sa_kid20
12-17-2007, 06:52 PM
haha, thanks for all the support guys, most of my friends think I'm insane, but they just don't understand.

I definitely can't afford seats like this on a yearly basis (still in school) but I wanted to go all out just this once.
Yeah you should definately take the oppurtunity while you can. You know what the messed up thing is? when i got to sit courtside there were a lot of people not even paying attention to the game and were just talking or looking around and i found this unbelievable. I mean they were sitting freakin coutside! and it seemed liked they didn't even give a shit about the game. And then there are real spurs fans like all of you on this board that don't get to go to a lot of games and there are probably a few that have never even been to a game before. Just goes to show that life isn't always fair.

SpursFanFirst
12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I had an oppertunity to go to the Dallas Vs. Utah game this year through seats for soldiers. I passed it up because it was the mavs and i didnt know all the details. turns out Mark Cuban and the other mav season ticket holders chartered a plane and flew everyone from S.A. to dallas paid for all the soldiers to eat dinner with the teams at a nice restuarant and then they all got to sit courtside. I turned on my TV to watch the game and saw friends of mine sitting there, almost through the remote through the TV i was so pissed. Definetly a once in a lifetime oppertunity. I hope you enjoy the game. GO Spurs.

:tu That's awesome! It's always nice to hear about the good things organizations like this do for the soldiers. I wish you could've attended because it sounds like it would've been a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Thank you for your service to this country.

tp2021
12-17-2007, 11:46 PM
I also hope and pray none of the big 3 are injured for the game, as the only game TD missed the year before last when I went, was against the Raps :madrun

i feel your pain. i have only ever been to 2 games, in 2 seperate seasons. both times the spurs were without timmy & manu, and lost. to the nuggets.

SequSpur
12-17-2007, 11:49 PM
I was supposed to go with some friends and sit in row 2 on the upper bowl....but while working the ticketmaster outlet at my record store, a single seat which was in row 1, section 108 (pretty much dead center at the halfcourt mark, just behind the courtside seats) popped up.

Every time I see the spurs I sit in the upper bowl, but this year I decided to go all out. I live in Toronto, so I'm hoping the Spurs at least make a game out of it and don't beat the Raptors too badly.

As for my friends, I'll meet up with them at halftime.....they were gonna be rooting for the Raptors anyway

Basically, I'm just really excited, and I apologize for posting what probably belongs on a myspace blog.

You just dropped 240 to see matt bonner and jacque vaughn in the final play of the game... you got hosed.

sa_kid20
12-17-2007, 11:51 PM
You just dropped 240 to see matt bonner and jacque vaughn in the final play of the game... you got hosed.
I believe the ticket he bought is for the Toronto game not tonight's

SequSpur
12-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I believe the ticket he bought is for the Toronto game not tonight's

ahh... important safety tip. :tu

Amuseddaysleeper
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM

:lol :lol :lol

AnotherArgie
12-18-2007, 12:08 AM
ahh... important safety tip. :tu

Anyway, if that happens against the Raptors, he can always get up and kick Pop in the face :lol