PDA

View Full Version : Most biased announcer ever

rAm
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
Anyone watching the spurs/suns game on NBA TV? I have never heard a more biased announcer. He has been jocking the suns all night, its embarassing.

dougp
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
I just started yelling at him ...

slayermin
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
It's the Suns' announcers.

AFBlue
12-17-2007, 10:23 PM
NBA TV isn't actually legitimate....

They use the announcing crew for one of the two teams that are playing instead of supplying their own crew.

TNT and ESPN>>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA TV

RonMexico
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Have you ever listened to Sean Elliiott before?

And yes, this is the Suns' crew: Tom Leander (graduate of my high school) and Dan Majerle.

J.T.
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I can't understand these Chinese guys calling the game.

Brodels
12-17-2007, 10:25 PM
Have you watched the Celtics in the last 20 years?

AFBlue
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Have you watched the Celtics in the last 20 years?

I think the guy thought these announcers were supposed to be nuetral.

Still....they are pretty annoying.

Mr. Body
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Given they're Phoenix announcers, they're not as annoyingly partisan as you'd think.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't mind them if they hadn't talked about bowen "intentionally" kneeing nash in the groin.

BonnerDynasty
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
MOJOHD Doesnt even have the fucking game on. It's been blacked out the entire time :(

mffl89
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM

Are you in China watching it on CCTV 5?

AnotherArgie
12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
You should see Manu's brother on National TV here. Can't be more biased than that. But it's funny as hell :)

tp2021
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
i was thinking the same thing at the beginning of the game, but then i realized they were suns announcers. what bothers me is that he kept calling boris diaw 3-D. i said, they should at least call him d3, before i heard him refer to a defensive 3 seconds as a d3. great call. after he called marion's dunk an "orange crush," i was tempted for the mute button.

RobSM64
12-17-2007, 11:35 PM
after he called marion's dunk an "orange crush," i was tempted for the mute button.

lmao! :lol

K-State Spur
12-17-2007, 11:48 PM
i have no problem with bias (sean clearly is).

i don't see why some of these announcers feel the need to constantly rip and make fun of the other team though. it's very unprofessional IMHO.

El_Mago
12-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Sean is so spurs biased too, but funny.

Nashfan
12-18-2007, 12:10 AM
i was thinking the same thing at the beginning of the game, but then i realized they were suns announcers. what bothers me is that he kept calling boris diaw 3-D. i said, they should at least call him d3, before i heard him refer to a defensive 3 seconds as a d3. great call. after he called marion's dunk an "orange crush," i was tempted for the mute button.

Yeah, the guy your talking about is Tom Leander and he is a tool. Most Suns fan can't stand the guy.

easjer
12-18-2007, 12:19 AM
We seem to have these threads anytime we have a nationally aired broadcast without Spurs announcers. :lol

Since I expect hometown announcers to call the game with a bias, here is what annoys me:

-Ripping up or making fun of the other team - it's unprofessional and better left to fans.
-Incessant whining about the past (I don't like it if Spurs announcers do it - I hope that doesn't happen in the future without Tim Duncan).
-Refusal to acknowledge bad calls/pretending the other team commits phantom fouls and that no one on your team commits a foul (one of the things I really like about Spurs announcers is that they are willing to admit when there was a foul or when they got away with something. They don't spend minutes at a time going on about a bad call or no call).
-Actively wishing opposing teams ill - like, say, wishing for a hard foul, encouraging them to 'get physical' or hoping that a player gets injured or is seriously injured (I thought the Blazers broadcast was pretty good when Timmy went down - handled it pretty well, all things considered)

Once you knew the announcers tonight were Suns announcers (which we didn't at first either) - they were fairly benign compared to others around the league. I didn't enjoy them and objected to several statements - but I didn't have to mute it like I did against the Rockets or against Dallas, or inevitably against the Celtics.

Southwest Texas Fan
12-18-2007, 12:39 AM

Have the announcers been outsourced?

SpursFanFirst
12-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Anyone watching the spurs/suns game on NBA TV? I have never heard a more biased announcer. He has been jocking the suns all night, its embarassing.

It really was bad. The funny thing is, I normally block announcers out no matter who they are. But these guys were like nails on a chalkboard.

SAGambler
12-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Have you ever listened to Sean Elliiott before?

And yes, this is the Suns' crew: Tom Leander (graduate of my high school) and Dan Majerle.

I get so tired of listening to the same ol' "It's just a matter of time till the Spurs blow them out" routine....especially when the are down 1. At least wait until they are up five or six before you do it.

urunobili
12-18-2007, 11:48 AM
they made sure all the Spurs fans watching the game hated them for good... that was such a one sided Spur hating broadcast... really pissed me off.. probably more than the december loss we suffered...

Sweetey
12-18-2007, 12:14 PM
The ALL TIME most biased and biggest jackass announcer is Bill Walton. I remember when the Rockets won back to back Championships -- Walton hated the Rockets and didn't mind letting everyone watching know it. He is the ultimate jerk!

nkdlunch
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
suns nicknames are gay: matrix, 3d, stat. sounds like a computer science class LMAO

dan majerle is not too bad though

TheZackAttack!
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
suns nicknames are gay: matrix, 3d, stat. sounds like a computer science class LMAO

dan majerle is not too bad though

:lol

bejanicek
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
all of them are biased in some way, i loved it when sean last night wrote UGLY on the screen after watching marion's shot fall in after getting the lucky bounce and just the way he shot it.

phxspurfan
12-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Thunder Dan was the man in his heyday. I have possibly more respect for him than I even have for John Starks. That being said, he needs a new partner. I watch a lot of local Suns broadcasts here and the guy is almost annoying enough to mute the volume (which is thankfully done at the gym and bars).