PDA

View Full Version : Is Steve Nash the worst defensive player you've ever seen?

ShoogarBear
12-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Gotta be up there.

The lasting image of last night was TP turning the corner on the PnR and Nash trailing him by three feet on the way to the basket.

I also like the play where TP had him sealed off on the blocks, rolled to the basket like a center/PF, and Nash never moved. He just stood there and watched from about six feet away as somebody (Tim?) threaded a pass to Parker who was standing almost underneath the basket. Unfortunately, TP missed the bunny.

My favorite all-time Nash non-D-up was in the '03 playoffs, during the game 6 4th-quarter run. 4-down to Tim, Nash psuedo-doubles down off of Kerr (but actually applying no pressure to TD). Tim kicks it back out to a now wide-open Kerr. Instead of running out at him, Nash runs away towards the top of the key as Kerr buries the shot (a 3-pointer).

Maybe he was getting in good position for the inbounds pass.

ducks
12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
no

ducks
12-29-2004, 04:14 PM
lebron james is :angel

gregcoy
12-29-2004, 04:18 PM
nash did come from dallas didnt he? not exactly a defensive minded environment...

TwoHandJam
12-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Tim kicks it back out to a now wide-open Kerr. Instead of running out at him, Nash runs away towards the top of the key as Kerr buries the shot.
I remember that one clear as day. He looked like he'd lost his mind. :lol

Sec24Row7
12-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Yeah LBJ misses a lot of assighnments on D, but he is getting consistently better.

One thing that is so amazing about him and fools a lot of people is the way he moves on the court.

He is DECEPTIVELY fast. He can close a gap faster than anyone I have ever seen play.

Solid D
12-29-2004, 04:32 PM
Steve Nash looked like he was recovering from the flu after the 1st quarter. Maybe he's been sick, because he had no apparent energy.

sbsquared
12-29-2004, 04:36 PM
And darn if he isn't the ugliest man on the floor! I wish they'd make him wear a turtle neck jersey so I wouldn't have to see his ugly, pale, hairy chest! :lol

whottt
12-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Glen Rice is the worst I have seen...Glen Rice would actually jump out of the way of players taking it to the basket. I think I've even seen him screen his teamates to make it easier for an opponent to score.

Currently in the league? The guy plays for Cleveland but his name isn't LeBron...It's Gooden, Drew Gooden.

This guy sucks hard on D...at least when Nash is not playing D he does it with energy.

Dumb SOB dunked a ball into the opponents basket last night...I honestly don't think it was an accident...the Cavs had a big lead and I think he just wanted to dunk it, was not worried about the score...

Dirk was lousy at it too, easily as bad as Nash...although I think I've heard that he is playing better D this season.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2004, 05:15 PM
And darn if he isn't the ugliest man on the floor! I wish they'd make him wear a turtle neck jersey so I wouldn't have to see his ugly, pale, hairy chest! :lol
:lol
And they should make him cut his hair. He looks like the white Sam Cassel, very ugly.

Jimcs50
12-29-2004, 06:03 PM
George Gervin was far and away a much worse defensive player than Nash.

Matrix
12-29-2004, 06:07 PM
So do we kick man when he his down, bad enough he got burnt last night with absolutly no help from the other suns players D, now we have to say he's ugly... classy

emveepee
12-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Fred Hoiberg. Gets beaten off the dribble every single time.

ShoogarBear
12-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Gervin was definitely not worse than Nash. Ice didn't play very well or very hard, but at least bothered some guards just because of his height. Nash is absolutely putrid.

Nash's distinguishing feature is that he repeatedely makes a half-ass effort and then, right in the middle of the play, just totally quits playing any defense at all, to the extent where he is not even trying to stay near his man.

samikeyp
12-29-2004, 07:00 PM
No because I have also seen him play well on defense....I think, while not a stellar defender, he just had a bad night. My choice would be Walter Berry.

relax Matrix....its left over Mavs rancor toward Nash! :)

timvp
12-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Nash is a horrible defender. The worst was when Beno blew by him into the lane. I've never seen Beno blow by anything.

Kona
12-29-2004, 07:22 PM

hey, his lil' sis is pretty good looking.

SequSpur
12-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Rasho is the worst.

ALVAREZ6
12-29-2004, 07:39 PM
:lol :lol :lol
Rasho is the worst.

Jimcs50
12-29-2004, 09:53 PM

And yet he gets more fine ass than you would have in 5 lifetimes. :rolleyes

pjjrfan
12-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Tony's a tough cover, and on the p and r, if your teammates don't help out it's going to look like last night for Tony, a walk in the park and the basket. Nash had the same beef that Payton had last year, no help and neither Nash or Payton can stay with Tony. With Tim whoever was on Tim didn't even budge when Parker went wide and turned the corner. For the next game I bet the Suns will make adjustments, but also a lot of what I saw was just guys not committing to stopping anything.

2pac
12-30-2004, 03:35 AM
When Michael Jordan was a kid he set up chairs on the court and dribbled around them as fast as he could. This prepared him for facing Steve Nash in his 40s. I can only imagine that Nash is almost as good as the chairs, but only because of their advantage in numbers.

juncan
12-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Nash has a better defense than Udrih

waly.mg
12-30-2004, 09:48 AM
The Second Stealer in the NBA isnīt a good defender

I donīt think So

Lebron have 2,48 Steals by Game

kskonn
12-30-2004, 12:05 PM
When Michael Jordan was a kid he set up chairs on the court and dribbled around them as fast as he could. This prepared him for facing Steve Nash in his 40s. I can only imagine that Nash is almost as good as the chairs, but only because of their advantage in numbers.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Sec24Row7
12-30-2004, 12:25 PM
"Is Steve Nash the worst defensive player you've ever seen?"

Nah, I play pickup ball with a few people that are worse.

tekdragon
12-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Come on, there are much worse defenders than Nash.

Mo Taylor, Charlie Ward, Ron Mercer, Antoine Walker, Moochie Norris, the entire Cleveland Cavaliers team...

sbsquared
12-30-2004, 12:57 PM
And yet he gets more fine ass than you would have in 5 lifetimes.

Considering that I'm a woman and married - this has absolutely no bearing on me! :lol

Besides, I doubt women like him because of his looks - it's because of the money and who he is!

GrandeDavid
12-30-2004, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't even associate Nash with the term "defender". By the way, do you guys think Popovich could make Nash a decent defender in the Spurs' system? Obviously didn't work for Chuck Ward.

kskonn
12-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I think he could make him a better defender just by teaching him the concept the spurs use. Giving him the ability to feed players towards 2 good shot blockers would make him look a lot better than he does now. I do not feel that he could make him a better one on one straight up style defender. Just a better defender within the team concept.

boutons
12-30-2004, 01:46 PM
PHX team un-defense on display again, allowing 96 to bottom-dweller Hornets, who average only 86 PPG.

thispego
12-30-2004, 02:45 PM
:lol
And they should make him cut his hair. He looks like the white Sam Cassel, very ugly.

:lol Ya'll are sorry, he's not that bad. damn, the guys gotta be bad ass at ball AND good looking?

1Parker1
12-30-2004, 05:13 PM
^^^Why not...Tony Parker is :)

sbsquared
12-30-2004, 05:20 PM
So true - Tony Parker is adorable! :makeout