PDA

View Full Version : Does Manu ever get tired of fucking up games?

Jayem
12-17-2007, 11:02 PM
way to go manu! again.

BonnerDynasty
12-17-2007, 11:03 PM
I called it in front of my friends before the ball was even inbounded.

AnotherArgie
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Hill defended pretty well tonight. He's clearly an upgrade for the Suns.

Tek_XX
12-17-2007, 11:05 PM
He enjoys fucking up games

johnpaulwall21
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
next game he will be the most loved like usual..

loveforthegame
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
C'mon now. He's no doubt been sucking it up out there but I'm sure he's not trying to fuck it up out there.

Something isn't right with him and I won't be surprised to see Pop rest him once Parker comes back.

Tippecanoe
12-17-2007, 11:07 PM
yeah wtf!! dude sucks. time to trade him for a 2nd rounder. hey, if the spurs package him with tony parker, they might get a real guard like stephon marbury

TwoHandJam
12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Hill defended pretty well tonight. He's clearly an upgrade for the Suns.
Not really. Their interior defense is paying the price for losing Thomas and that will make all the difference come playoff time. Hill ran wild tonight but only because we were shorthanded without TP and had to put Bowen on Nash. I think Bowen would be quite effective on Hill given the chance.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-17-2007, 11:08 PM
manu gets tired of fucking up games just as much as he enjoys gold medals and nba championships

how quick are we to forget that our last lead was thanks to manu in the first place.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Uh-hu. And he didn't carry the team to two wins last week all on his own... :rolleyes

Yes, he messed up, he's human, but please get some perspective.

Budkin
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
:lmao at the Manu hate. Pathetic.

easjer
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry, Ruff, that was the week before last. ST is all about what you have done for us lately. And Manu, apparently (from what I read), has singlehandedly lost us multiple games. Tsk, tsk.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-17-2007, 11:16 PM
man, i'd hate to see what this place would've been like had parker forced the last turnover

Jayem
12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Come it's also Manu's fault that Bowen missed the 3 pointer!!! It's Manu's fault that the Suns stole it from Duncan with 45 seconds left in the game!

This game is Manu's fault!
its manu's fault we lost the final possession...and thats all that matters. what other great players fuck up as much as manu in the clutch? we're not talking about missing a shot here...he didn't even give us a chance. and other times he just makes careless stupid mistakes.

way to come up big again manu!

Jayem
12-17-2007, 11:21 PM
what I love is the fact that the Spurs were down 3 points it's not like the game was tied and he turned over and the SUns scored. It would have been nice to shoot a 3 pointer but we have no idea if that would have gone in. Boy there is a lot of stupid people out there!atleast give your team a chance..he blew it. again.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-17-2007, 11:23 PM
maybe you should coach the team from now on..I would love the ball in Vaughn's hand with the game one the line :toast

dude shot 70% for the game :lol

The Red Hood
12-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Does Manu ever get tired of fucking up games?
Only Human...

milkyway21
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM
just like what Tim Duncan is saying: sometimes it works, sometime NOT....

let's not blame Manu for the loss...let's just be glad MANU IS HEALTHY. Everything is possible if when he is.

ShoogarBear
12-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, I think the question of who is the #2 man behind Tim is finally settled . . .

it's JV.

milkyway21
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
aren't you even glad the Spurs held the Suns to below their ave pts? Those drama queens are averaging 110 pts a game. The made a record of 122 highest scoring early in the season. Tonight they only managed 100, right?

let's not be crybabies.

tp2021
12-17-2007, 11:33 PM
the missed layup hurt us more than you may think. if we had those two points, we are up with 30 sec left in the game. instead, we had to shoot for the lead, and missed.

Cherry
12-17-2007, 11:42 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6885/voodoomanuug2.jpg

WHO WAS? :madrun

tmtcsc
12-17-2007, 11:43 PM
atleast give your team a chance..he blew it. again.

You're a first class moron. Get real and get lost. Dude has won Championships for this team and you want to call him out on a meaningless regular season game ?

Did you already forget the easy bucket that Tim missed before halftime ?

m33p0
12-17-2007, 11:45 PM
someone send ginobili back to the factory. this manu model still has some defects. check the batteries. that might be it.

sa_kid20
12-17-2007, 11:48 PM
You can't just blame this on Manu. There were several missed oppurtunities like Stoudemire's offensive rebound and Bowen's missed 3 which was wide open. Sometimes things just don't go your way in close games like tonight. it happens. it's done. time to move on

E20
12-18-2007, 12:35 AM
I would have been okay if the ball was actually picked or stolen, but this is the Suns we're talking about they don't play D, the ball rolled off Manu's foot when he was crossing over.

SpursFanFirst
12-18-2007, 12:42 AM
There are some seriously fickle people on this board. I'm disgusted I even bothered to open this thread.

anakha
12-18-2007, 12:50 AM
There are some seriously fickle people on this board. I'm disgusted I even bothered to open this thread.

Eh, fan stupidity in general is part of what keeps this board so entertaining, whether it be on behalf of the Spurs or another team.

Besides, it's fun to play 'spot the bandwagoner/cliffjumper' after Spurs losses. :lol

TMTTRIO
12-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Manu's been clutch so many other times in games that every once in a while it's ok. I just want to know what's going on with Manu. Other than the Dallas and Utah game (after his finger injury) his game has been horrible. It's frustrating because for a while he was playing awesome and now he's playing awful. He doesn't even look the same so I don't know what's going on. Hopefully he can get things together soon. I'd say maybe we should just rest him for a game or two.

m33p0
12-18-2007, 12:55 AM
hmmm.... what would have happened if tony was playing and both manu and tony screwed up the final possession?

:lmao

BigBigSpur
12-18-2007, 12:56 AM
I said that Manu needs rest, but nobody believe me.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83363

anakha
12-18-2007, 12:58 AM
hmmm.... what would have happened if tony was playing and both manu and tony screwed up the final possession?

:lmao

ST would be a smoking pile of ashes by now if that happened. :lmao

m33p0
12-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Manu's been clutch so many other times in games that every once in a while it's ok. I just want to know what's going on with Manu. Other than the Dallas and Utah game (after his finger injury) his game has been horrible. It's frustrating because for a while he was playing awesome and now he's playing awful. He doesn't even look the same so I don't know what's going on. Hopefully he can get things together soon. I'd say maybe we should just rest him for a game or two.

he's in some kind of funk. we have a stretch of relatively easy games. pop could sit manu out if he needs rests. better it happens now than later in the season.

timvp
12-18-2007, 01:02 AM
This thread is pretty lame but for all that is holy, will Manu please abandon his crossover move during late game situations? The ball gets stolen like 85% of the time when he goes to that move.

ShoogarBear
12-18-2007, 01:06 AM
He should cut the cross-court pass attempts in the halfcourt sets to about one per game, too.

TampaDude
12-18-2007, 01:41 AM
the missed layup hurt us more than you may think. if we had those two points, we are up with 30 sec left in the game. instead, we had to shoot for the lead, and missed.

Yup...it would've been the Suns having to foul us, and we were $$$ from the stripe tonight.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-18-2007, 01:56 AM
The pick and roll with fabricio feels like its failing more and more sometimes.

milkyway21
12-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Tim looked pretty sad while Bell and Hill "celebrate" after the game.

:lol

SouthernFried
12-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Manu is not finishing like his usual strong self, and his shot is coming up short.

Those issues usually have something to do with the legs not being strong, and giving the support needed. He might need to change his workout routine to strengthen them up. Or even rest them up for awhile.

And if BOWEN had hit that 3 point shot...everyone would have been hailing MANU's pass and intelligence for spotting him and getting the right guy the ball.

so it goes...

Manu-of-steel
12-18-2007, 03:24 AM
manu's only human, and some of the self-proclaimed spurs fans are blaming him for almost all the recent losses of the team.. what a disgrace! I say, go support other teams, and don't ever post stupid threads like these.. Real spurs fans won't play blame games like this, c'mon.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 03:33 AM
its manu's fault we lost the final possession...and thats all that matters. what other great players fuck up as much as manu in the clutch? we're not talking about missing a shot here...he didn't even give us a chance. and other times he just makes careless stupid mistakes.

way to come up big again manu!

WTF is wrong with you? Yes, sometimes Manu fucks up in the clutch... so does every other player in the history of the game. But you conveniently forget the number of games Manu wins for us IN THE CLUTCH, whether it by driving, knocking down 3s, stealing the ball or hitting his FTs.

You, sir, are a disgraceful Spurs fan and should be pinked! :lmao

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 03:36 AM
This thread is pretty lame but for all that is holy, will Manu please abandon his crossover move during late game situations? The ball gets stolen like 85% of the time when he goes to that move.

Amen. If he's absolutely has to crossover he should be going right to left behind his back from the left side of the floor - he splits them all the time with that move.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 03:38 AM
The pick and roll with fabricio feels like its failing more and more sometimes.

Tonight it worked 2/3 or 3/4 times, but a couple of games ago it was horrible.

Personally, I prefer Tony and Tim doing it at the elbow where Tony doesn't dive but runs at the FT line while Tim dives and is usually left open for the layup. They've shelved that play since the playoffs though... keeping it for later! :fro

kuato
12-18-2007, 08:33 AM
what I love is the fact that the Spurs were down 3 points it's not like the game was tied and he turned over and the SUns scored. It would have been nice to shoot a 3 pointer but we have no idea if that would have gone in. Boy there is a lot of stupid people out there! ------> Indeed, look at their avatars, they dont even like basketball.

manubili
12-18-2007, 09:31 AM
It seems to be that some people doesn't get it. How many times has Manu been in the same situation? We all know that the only issue with ginobili is his consistency. The guy scored 18 pts, made some nice moves. He was fine, Duncan was great. But we need more to beat the elite teams in the Nba. We need the whole Big Three going.
Yes, we had some bad calls and some bad luck, but this lost is on the Suns good defense.

SAGambler
12-18-2007, 09:49 AM
18 - 5 -4.....Not a bad line for a guy that is "the goat", the "reason we lost".

Oh, he had a total of 2 turnovers the entire game.....

What about the 2 chip shots Duncan missed? How many 6 inch putts do you see a pro miss?

What about the turnover by Duncan with less than a minute left?

What about Bowens wide open three that missed?

No, I'm sorry... Manu didn't lose this game all by himself. It was a team effort.

And if Tony had been on the floor, we wouldn't even be having a conversation like this, because the Spurs would have won by 10 or more.

travis2
12-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Does Jayem ever get tired of fucking up posts?

smeagol
12-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Manu, after a sub par game (at least for 2007/8 Manu standards) score's the Spurs last basket.

It is clearly not his fault that Amare grabed an offensive board to put the Suns back on top with less than 30 seconds to go.

Manu opens up the floor and assists Bruce for a wide open three (Bruce misses).

Finally, Manu is handed the ball with two defender on top of him and cornered. He loses the ball.

Yes . . . this loss is on Manu!

urunobili
12-18-2007, 10:39 AM
you know what i hate about this... he even may have slowed down not to get over hyped so the spurs start flying under the radar yet again... i think he and the team feels more comfortable that way... this is on purpose... he realized he has to hve some aggression come playoff time.. and may be evaluation not attending the ASG for a long weekend in Aruba... that will help more to the team guys,,,

SpurOutofTownFan
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
The thread started is a fucking idiot. That is all.

vanvannen
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Though I do not think this loss is on him, he does have a tendency to fuck up in big situations...

temujin
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Though I do not think this loss is on him, he does have a tendency to fuck up in big situations...

One of the 82 LARGELY MEANINGLESS regular season games is your definition of "big situation"?

Interesting.

Man In Black
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
You know this is a BS thread. This thread starter could've just opted to do what those other post whore trolls like to do....Say some inflammatory thread topic and use the word "DISCUSS".
He just opted to get in a few more licks at Ginobili. So we ain't perfect at home...wait till playoffs. #20 will BLOW UP and decapitate Phoenix. Just when they thought things were going good, thunder will strike from the left hand of Argentina.

ancestron
12-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Manu made critical mistakes at key points of games in 2006 too.

the omen is bad.

temujin
12-18-2007, 06:02 PM
He also has a bald spot.

Get him over here, folks.

We MIGHT take a closer look at him in Euroleague basketball.

ArgSpursFan.
12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
the last turnover vs the Suns wasn't Manu's fault at all.
Whoever seted the screems for Manu to grab the ball at that corner did it wrong.+There wasn't much time left in order to look around for an opened teammate,so He just tryed to dribble it to penetrate or shoot for 3,and unfortunately didn't workout with a defender right next to him.
Whoever started this thread aint seeing the whole picture,or is just a blind homer.
Personally I wouldn't gave that last ball to Manu,coze it was too obvius that the whole Suns team was gonna be ready to go at him.

SenorSpur
12-18-2007, 06:49 PM
You can't just blame this on Manu. There were several missed oppurtunities like Stoudemire's offensive rebound

....an offensive rebound for which should have never been had Duncan appropriately boxed Stoudamire out. Because Tim failed to do so, Amare soared over Tim for the rebound. I don't recall anyone talking about how crucial that play was or faulting Duncan for this miscue.

ArgSpursFan.
12-18-2007, 07:01 PM
coze it´s all Manu´s fault,as usuall.
Timmy is untouchable for some Spurs fans,not Manu's case though.

lefty
12-18-2007, 09:15 PM
CIA Manu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 09:20 PM

What?

Like the Finals, games 1, 2 and 7, in 2005 when carried the team and should have been co-MVP?

Like the two 37 point games?

Like when he makes 6/6 from the line at the end of a game to ice it?

Gimme a FRIGGIN BREAK. :rolleyes

He's not infallible, but he is one of the clutchest players in the league.

spursfan09
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
With Manu you take the good with the bad. He's so crazy and takes chances that sometimes it doesn't work out, but most of the time it does.

greens
12-19-2007, 04:56 AM
I think this thread and brand new article will answer a lot of questions:
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83621

Manu's exhausted...and his left shooting hand is still bothering him...

Other Spurs stars' injuries wear out Ginobili
Jeff McDonald
San Antonio Express-News

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Manu Ginobili's brain tells him he has only played seven games since the start of December, same as any other healthy Spurs player. The calendar concurs.

Ginobili's aching body tells him he's played many more than that.

With an ankle sprain epidemic separately striking down his two most prominent Spurs teammates — first Tim Duncan, then Tony Parker — the pressure has been on Ginobili to be the Band-Aid for the Spurs' offense.

It has made for a wearisome 21/2 weeks for Ginobili, in which seven games have felt like 14.

"I am having to play more minutes and to try to do more," Ginobili said. "Everything requires double the effort."

The Spurs, still shorthanded in Memphis tonight, are hoping Ginobili can shake off the funk that seems to have engulfed him since the team's last road trip.

It will be Duncan's third game back from an ankle injury that cost him four. It will be Parker's fourth game missed while nursing his own sore ankle.

The Spurs have not played a full game with both of their 2007 All-Stars this month. Instead, they have had to lean on a 2005 All-Star — Ginobili — to try and pick up the slack.

In a strange twist, injuries to Duncan and Parker have taken a toll on the one Spurs star who remains relatively healthy.

Ginobili was transcendent in the first two games with Duncan out, producing consecutive 37-point nights to ignite victories over Dallas and Utah.

In the four games since, Ginobili has struggled to recreate that magic. He is averaging a respectable 14 points but is shooting a woeful 26 percent from the field.

The Spurs were 1-3 in that span.

If you ask Ginobili, there is a good reason he isn't playing as well now as he was two weeks ago.

"I don't feel as good as I did two weeks ago," Ginobili said. "I feel tired."

Trying to carry a team for six games will do that, especially to a player not accustomed to the workload that has him playing 33.2 minutes per game in that stretch.

Throughout his career, Ginobili has never averaged more than 29.6 minutes a game.

Against Dallas and Utah, he demonstrated the kind of gaudy numbers he can put up if given a full night's work. Since then, he has showed what can happen when the minutes — and bruises — pile up.

There was the 4-of-14 night marred by five turnovers in a loss at Golden State. A 5-of-17 clankfest in another loss to the Lakers that included seven turnovers. A 4-of-11 effort in a victory over Denver.

In Monday's 100-95 loss to Phoenix, Ginobili finished with 18 points but only made 6 of 19 shots and had a costly turnover on the final possession.

In addition to simple fatigue, Ginobili says the left hand contusion he suffered in a Dec. 2 collision with Portland's James Jones still bothers him.

For now, however, coach Gregg Popovich doesn't see any need to keep Ginobili off the floor.

"He hasn't expressed anything like that," Popovich said. "He's healthy. That's the most important thing."

What Ginobili could use, even more than a night off, is a team at full strength.

Ever since his twin 37-point outbursts, defenses have been more cognizant of his whereabouts, vying to keep him from his favorite scoring spots.

"Before, they were worried about Tony and Tim," Robert Horry said. "Now it's Manu, more than Tony and Tim. Everybody is playing us like that."

Duncan, back and returning to form, should help.

And with Parker tentatively due to rejoin Duncan in the lineup before the end of the week, the Spurs are set to suit up a full complement of All-Stars for the first time since November.

Ginobili's aching body can hardly wait.

source:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA121907.01D.BKN_Ginobili_Slide.en.28ce03b.html

jag
12-19-2007, 06:02 AM
WOW...I'm convinced that the majority of people in this forum are under the age of ten. This is sad and embarrassing.

ArgSpursFan.
12-19-2007, 07:51 AM
WOW...I'm convinced that the majority of people in this forum are under the age of ten. This is sad and embarrassing.

you didn't know they changed the site name to Kinder garden Spurs Talk??? :lol

conversekid
12-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves for bashing on our team. Duncan just returning from injury has a monster game. Parker sitting out. Newbies getting thrown in the line up and we still almost win. That game was ours for the taking, but we fell short. I am proud of our guys. I have even more confidence in them now. When the roster is in tact and at 100% health, we'll be dominate. The extra playing time for some of the bench folks will be an asset down the road.

ancestron
12-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Manu needs to cool it with the coke and the whores

vanvannen
12-19-2007, 11:00 AM
One of the 82 LARGELY MEANINGLESS regular season games is your definition of "big situation"?

Interesting.

No, big situation to me is game 7 of the 2006 conference finals.

maxpower
12-19-2007, 11:33 AM

While the thread is overreaching....

there is some smidgen of something there.

For some reason, it seems Manu has been involved in more of this type of play in his time here as oppossed to Tim or Parker.

Is it because he is routinely chosen to take the last shot in situations where everything hangs on one possession?

Before Manu came to the Spurs I imagine Tim was that person, however I cannot remember a stretch thinking that Duncan seems to routinely blow the last play. Same can be said for Robinson.
Maybe they miss the last shot which many players will do.

But I think the badly made point of the thread is that Manu's reckless abandon plays at the end of the game have gone the wrong way enough to be "expected".

BTW...I am a fan of all the Spurs and actually take offense at the rampant "knocking one Spur down to build another one up" that goes on around here.

ATXSPUR
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM
This is the most wishy washy place I have ever seen. A couple of weeks ago I would have sworn Manu was the second coming of Christ. These are just regular season games and though having hte best record in the league is pretty cool I rather we be ready in april.

SpurOutofTownFan
12-19-2007, 02:09 PM
This is the most wishy washy place I have ever seen. A couple of weeks ago I would have sworn Manu was the second coming of Christ. These are just regular season games and though having hte best record in the league is pretty cool I rather we be ready in april.

This thread has fail written all over the place. Not only the starter but also some others are reallly monkeysapiens. If you blame the loss on that last turnoever then you just didn't watch the game, especially the last 3-4 possessions. You are right, some of these people thought Manu was Krishna's second incarnation 2 weeks ago. Their comments only explains the BB IQ they have which seems to be very weak. I could write down reasons why this game was lost and while Manu shares responsibility with the rest of the team, I don't believe it was only him to be blamed, traded, dimished, etc.

For those who are blaming Manu, I will take note so when manu is God again, I can show what you have said today.

rascal
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM

The spurs have won without Manu on the team. They have never won without Duncan. Duncan is the key piece to all their championships and a far more valuable player than Manu.

rascal
12-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Not only game 7, wasn't it game 5 (or game 6 don't remember exactly which game)in that same series that the ball got knocked off Manu's knee and went out of bounds on the last possession that cost the spurs the game.

ancestron
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Not only game 7, wasn't it game 5 (or game 6 don't remember exactly which game)in that same series that the ball got knocked off Manu's knee and went out of bounds on the last possession that cost the spurs the game.

yeah. I think it was a botched dribble handoff.

vanvannen
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Damn right TD is untouchable. He is the cornerstone of this franchise and the main reason for its success throughout 10 years.

ATXSPUR
12-19-2007, 06:34 PM
This thread has fail written all over the place. Not only the starter but also some others are reallly monkeysapiens. If you blame the loss on that last turnoever then you just didn't watch the game, especially the last 3-4 possessions. You are right, some of these people thought Manu was Krishna's second incarnation 2 weeks ago. Their comments only explains the BB IQ they have which seems to be very weak. I could write down reasons why this game was lost and while Manu shares responsibility with the rest of the team, I don't believe it was only him to be blamed, traded, dimished, etc.

For those who are blaming Manu, I will take note so when manu is God again, I can show what you have said today.

Seriously...some ppl need to step away from the ledge.

Nice reference to The Mahabharata by the way.

smeagol
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM
rascal posting when the Spurs lose is as classic as it gets

TheAuthority
12-20-2007, 04:48 AM

Interesting.

Perhaps you forget his foul on Nowitzki? Getting his pocket picked by Kevin Martin? Getting a jumper drilled in his face by Derek Fisher?

TheAuthority
12-20-2007, 04:52 AM
....an offensive rebound for which should have never been had Duncan appropriately boxed Stoudamire out. Because Tim failed to do so, Amare soared over Tim for the rebound. I don't recall anyone talking about how crucial that play was or faulting Duncan for this miscue.

Hard to fault him when he has to erase any mistakes around the basket all night long and gave you 36 and 17. Excellent thinking though.

Hm....... who am I going to place more blame on... someone that shoots 6-19... or someone that gets me 36 and 17?

smeagol
12-20-2007, 05:12 AM
Hard to fault him when he has to erase any mistakes around the basket all night long and gave you 36 and 17. Excellent thinking though.

Hm....... who am I going to place more blame on... someone that shoots 6-19... or someone that gets me 36 and 17?
Yesterday's loss was Manu's faul too.

He went 7-21.

SenorSpur
12-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Manu needs to better understand and adhere to his own personal rhythm and flow of the ball game. For example, if you're 3-point shot is not on and hasn't been on for the whole game - STOP JACKING 'EM UP. Find other options to exploit the opposition. At the same time, if another guy's shot is on ad he has it rolling - GET HIM THE BALL. On last night, Barry had moments where he was one of few Spurs that seemingly had a good rhythm going with his 3-pt shot, but didn't get many opportunities.

I love the pick and roll with Oberto. Many times it's good for cheap baskets. Yet when the defense finally figures it out and starts sitting on the passing lane - DON'T FORCE A PASS THROUGH.

Don't get me wrong. I love the fierce competitor that he his. He's one of our best playmakers. Therefore the ball is in his hands - a lot. However, at times, he kills the team and breaks positive rhythm more than anyone else on this team because he tries to do too much himself.

TheAuthority
12-20-2007, 05:39 AM
As much as I even find it hard for myself to believe... reviewing Manu's career... I'm starting to believe he has a low basketball IQ.

manubili
12-20-2007, 07:46 AM
As much as I even find it hard for myself to believe... reviewing Manu's career... I'm starting to believe he has a low basketball IQ.

You are right. It's hard to believe.

Because that's the ultimate bullshit I've ever read in this forum.

smeagol
12-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Perhaps you forget his foul on Nowitzki?

And you forget we started the 4th Q of that game down by 15 bps (or more) and that basically Manu willed us back into the game. No Manu, we lose that game by 20 pts and the Nowitzki foul would irrelevant

Getting his pocket picked by Kevin Martin?

Are you talking about a 1st rounder playoff game :lol

Who the Fuck cares, fuck-o?

Getting a jumper drilled in his face by Derek Fisher?

You got stuck in 2004, numskull. Fisher's mitacle shot is Manu's fault? What should have he done? Fouled him? Fisher is an 80% FT shooter.

Damn, you are a fucking moron.

romain.star
12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
This thread highlights an intersting thing:

Some of you (Adam, SpursOutOfTown, ArgSpursFan etc etc...) were ready to believe that Manu was a franchise player (some even talked about MVP) when he had his two 37 points games (and more generally when he becomes Manu 2005). Which is pure homerism.

Quoted from SpursOutOfTown "For those who are blaming Manu, I will take note so when manu is God again, I can show what you have said today"

Others (they are just a few like Rascal or The Authority...) tend to believe after a few bad games from Manu that he is just a average player

Quoted from The Authority:
"As much as I even find it hard for myself to believe... reviewing Manu's career... I'm starting to believe he has a low basketball IQ".

Guys wake up! Manu is not God nor does he have a low BB IQ... He will never be able to lead an NBA team during a whole season like Lebron or Kobe! And he will never be an average player.
He is just somewhere in between

stretch
12-20-2007, 10:37 AM
retard..no one has ever said Manu is more important than Duncan! But Duncan in 2005 without Manu would have never beaten the Pistons! And in 2007 it was Parker who did the most damage.

Duncan can't win a title without Manu and Parker even though he is the cornerstone.

And the last he did win without either of them he had David Robinson and Sean on the team.

You act like Duncan is single handily winning titles while players like..Manu, Parker, SJ, Horry, David Robinson, Bowen, do nothing but watch!
Any team with Tim Duncan on it will be an instant title contender. You can't say the same about anyone else on the Spurs roster (except maybe Robert Horry :lol)

41times
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Dude this is a crazy thread. Manu is a great player who is just a little off right now. The sky is not falling and Manu does not suk.

As the guy said at the end of the Animal House Movie.......All is Well. Do not Panic all is well!

word
12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I quit bustin on Manu long ago, since his plus's far exceed his minus's. They're not machines my friends.

SouthernFried
12-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Manu doesn't have any legs right now.

Nothing a good batch of Christmas Tamales can't fix.

So much angst, from so many fans, so early in the season... is simply not healthy.

It's Christmas time in South Texas, and the weather is damn fine!

romain.star
12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Wait a minute I never said Manu was a franchise player don't bring my name into this and I never said he was MVP; I've said Manu is as important as Parker and Duncan for this team to win a title.

I"m sick and tired of morons blaming Manu for losses which is on the whole team.

I'm A spurs fan first but Manu is my favorite player that is it! So stop saying shit like I'm a pure homer. If some douche bag said that Tony sucks after a loss you definitley would chime in! So fuck off!

First:
why do bring tony into this? where did i talk about him?

Second:
You don"t have to say that Manu is MVP to be a homer...

Third:
there's nothing wrong about having a favourite player as long as it doesn't alter your objectivity... in your case, it might be (a bit) debatable

Soul_Patch
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
as much as manu may blow a game....he makes up for it in triplets in the other ones.

I was at the game 7 in 06 against dallas. I could not stand Manu at that point and time...but, he is a stud most of the time, and plays with more heart and desire than any body else out there.

romain.star
12-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Really why not? WHo are you to say that I'm a homer? because I stick up for Manu after some dipshit starts a stupid thread?

I brought Tony into this because you would probably respond to a thread if someone called Tony out..does that make you a homer?

Please enlighten me how this is killing my objectivity because you seem to know me so well..I'm glad that you must have studied Psychology in school!

Get lost! I have never said anything about Manu being MVP, Franchise Player, Better than Duncan, etc...

I only respond when retards make stupid threads about how bad Manu is!

Don't call me out as Manu homer..especially since you don't know me. it makes you look like a dumbass!

First:
you're right: i don't know you

Second:
you're right again: i'm also tired of those retards who make threads about how bad Manu is after one or two bad games. But I'm also tired of those ''Manu for MVP'' type of threads that bloom after a few great games from Manu. As i said, this player is somewhere in between.

Third:
you're wrong (sorry): i'm not a TP fan despite the fact that I'm french (tony is not that popular in his own country, mainly because of his rap album which made him looked like a retard). I'm a spurs Fan since D Rob MVP's season and my favorite player is TD right now if you're interested.
So once again, why do you bring Tony into this?

Fourth:
I love manu too and i'm not you're enemy so take it easy!

romain.star
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
:toast

rascal
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Wait a minute I never said Manu was a franchise player don't bring my name into this and I never said he was MVP; I've said Manu is as important as Parker and Duncan for this team to win a title.

I"m sick and tired of morons blaming Manu for losses which is on the whole team.

I'm A spurs fan first but Manu is my favorite player that is it! So stop saying shit like I'm a pure homer. If some douche bag said that Tony sucks after a loss you definitley would chime in! So fuck off!

No, Manu is not as important as Duncan. Manu is more easily replaceable , Duncan is not.
You don't realize the importance of a low post dominant proven clutch player like Duncan if your saying Manu is as important as Duncan.

And The general premise of the thread starter is that Manu is not always a clutch performer and blew another clutch opportunity which lead to defeat.

SenorSpur
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM
as much as manu may blow a game....he makes up for it in triplets in the other ones.

I was at the game 7 in 06 against dallas. I could not stand Manu at that point and time...but, he is a stud most of the time, and plays with more heart and desire than any body else out there.

Hard to argue that. The things that we love about Manu are also the things that cause us to pull our hair out sometimes.

I just want him to play smarter during crucial moments - especially when he's tired, or his shot is off or when he's double or triple teamed.

smeagol
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
And The general premise of the thread starter is that Manu is not always a clutch performer and blew another clutch opportunity which lead to defeat.

Manu is viewed by Pop as the guy who handles the ball in the last 20 seconds of every close game. He is bound to srew up, the same as Kobe, Tracy VC and all your other favorite players do.

Your point is?

George Gervin's Afro
12-20-2007, 01:58 PM
can we trade manu for beno?

ancestron
12-20-2007, 02:21 PM
:ban: :troll

Soul_Patch
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Hard to argue that. The things that we love about Manu are also the things that cause us to pull our hair out sometimes.

I just want him to play smarter during crucial moments - especially when he's tired, or his shot is off or when he's double or triple teamed.

Yes...PLEASE!

I cant stand see'ing him make cross court right in front of 2 defender around the back hop on one leg passes...when we are down two points, and there are 6 seconds left...

that makes me want to vomit. I know he is fired up and trying to create something, but THINK! slow down and curb the emotion for a split second.

smeagol
12-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Getting a jumper drilled in his face by Derek Fisher?

So yesterday's loss is on Duncan for letting Gay drill that 3 pointer?

You look fucking stupider by the second

temujin
12-20-2007, 06:27 PM

Agree.

+20 for Dallas (without Manu).

To me big situation is Game 3 of NBA finals 07.
Manu 0-8.
3 points.
All in the final minute.
Spurs won it by 3.

That's Emanuel Ginobili.