PDA

View Full Version : People Refuse To Like Beno Udrih (BasketballAwful Article)

Amuseddaysleeper
12-18-2007, 12:32 AM
http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/

People refuse to like Beno Udrih
Monday, December 17, 2007

The Spurs' apathy towards Beno Udrih was a bit puzzling. I can only assume Gregg Popovich's love/hate relationship with Beno Udrih began in a comedic sequence of misunderstandings, not unlike a Ben Stiller movie or any episode of Three's Company. Or maybe it's difficult to endear yourself to a guy named after a popular flatulence aid. We may never know.

After stringing together a series of respectable campaigns off the bench in 2004 and 2005, Gregg Popovich rewarded Beno with the opportunity to split his 12 minutes per with famous vegetarian and scrimmagin' dud Jacques Vaughn. The inevitable alcoholic depression led to Beno posting career lows in every conceivable statistic (even his technicals were down).

Beno's NBA career came to an apparent end when he was dealt to Minnesota for a protected second round pick (i.e. the Spurs and the Wolves agreed that trading Beno for a throwaway 2nd rounder was a bit of a gamble). Spurs fans rejoiced. Wolves GM Kevin McHale took a long look at the Marko Jaric-Sebastian Telfair tandem, concluded that there is nothing to improve on, and waived Udrih before his plane landed in Minneapolis.

Beno was sitting at home in Slovenia (we assume he was crying softly into his Laško or playing Bordunske Hero III on the Playstation, but we're probably wrong) when the Kings called. One month later, Beno is making minimum wage and posting stats nearly as good as that $13 million dollar Mike Bibby guy he replaced. Did I mention he was out of the league a month ago and is making the league minimum?

But our good friends at Sactown Royalty remain unimpressed. While they agree Benomania is making Mike Bibby expendable, they don't think he is the long-term solution at the point. I think this is a bit harsh. After all, Beno is giving them 15 ppg and 4 assists per while shooting 38% on threes, all without the benefit of a training camp, pre-season, or even knowing the King's offense. He's still young (25) and, as of Saturday, has only notched his 21st career start. If he doesn't improve one iota over the next five years, he's already light years ahead of the slugs teams are hanging their hats on this year (Earl Watson, Sebastian Telfair, Steve Blake, Rafer Alston, Anthony Johnson, Jason Williams, etc.).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 04:12 AM
Have to agree with the tenor of this article. It looks like Beno is a starting guard in the NBA. Pity he never found that part of himself while playing for the Spurs.

atxrocker
12-18-2007, 04:28 AM
beno is NOT the answer.

WalterBenitez
12-18-2007, 05:31 AM
That Beno belongs to the same family that the former spurs?

I didn't know that Beno had a brother :nerd

why didn't we select this brother instead of our Beno? :rolleyes

Bruno
12-18-2007, 05:48 AM
A couple of days old article about Beno :

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2007/12/16/again_a_well_oiled_machine/?page=2

Spurred on to new heights

By Peter May
Globe Staff / December 16, 2007

On Oct. 29, Beno Udrih was driving to his San Antonio home when he got a call from the Spurs' office. Could he please come back in because he had been traded to Minnesota? He came in, signed the paperwork, then headed home when his cellphone rang. Forget about Minnesota, his agent told him. He had just been waived. Two days later, he signed on with the Sacramento Kings and, with the absence of Mike Bibby (thumb injury), has been a huge addition.

"We knew he could play," coach Reggie Theus said. "He has done what I hoped he could do. He's been a pleasant surprise."

Udrih, of course, collected two rings in three years with the Spurs - "not too bad, huh?" he said - but was seeing less time as Tony Parker became a fixture at the point. It was a dilemma of sorts for the affable Slovenian - stay in San Antonio and collect playoff checks, possibly another ring, but also some bench sores, or go elsewhere and actually play. He chose the latter, and coach Gregg Popovich and general manager R.C. Buford did their best to accommodate him.

"I understand what Pop was going through and I am very grateful to him and the organization," Udrih said. "Pop was in a tough situation. He knew Tony better than me. He trusted Tony more than me. So, common sense, really, it was no decision for him."

Once waived by Minnesota (which already had a glut of point guards and got only some cash for the deal), Udrih said he had a couple of offers. The Kings swooped in quickly and he has been a mainstay in the Sacramento backcourt. He had a stretch where he scored in double figures in 13 of 14 games, including a season-high 27 points against his old team Nov. 26 in a Kings victory.

"Popovich told me he really kept him under his thumb," Theus said of Udrih. "He didn't allow him to get up and really do anything for him. That was a compliment. In other words, he was saying, 'He can play. I didn't give him a chance.' "

sendman
12-18-2007, 06:07 AM
"Popovich told me he really kept him under his thumb," Theus said of Udrih. "He didn't allow him to get up and really do anything for him. That was a compliment. In other words, he was saying, 'He can play. I didn't give him a chance.' "
That can't be right. Theus must have some hidden reasons to make up this Pop's statments.

wildbill2u
12-18-2007, 06:24 AM
This is one of those situations where the coach (Pop) failed. I love Pop as our coach, but his job is to find a way to bring out the best in players. It's obvious that Beno can play at the NBA level but Pop wasted his time here.

Not a big problem. All coaches probably make similar mistakes in personnel decisions.

Kobayagi
12-18-2007, 06:42 AM
Beano board :rolleyes

sendman
12-18-2007, 06:47 AM
This is one of those situations where the coach (Pop) failed. I love Pop as our coach, but his job is to find a way to bring out the best in players. It's obvious that Beno can play at the NBA level but Pop wasted his time here.

Not a big problem. All coaches probably make similar mistakes in personnel decisions.
NO! He didn't fail. His job is to make Spurs as good as it gets. He is paid by the Spurs, not by the players. He made his choices and decisions to make his team better. I would do the same. Beno got to show his game somewhere else and is up to him to show us if he can make it work.

Haters on this board are something completely different. They were and still are attacking Udrih for reasons that are not basketball related.

angel_luv
12-18-2007, 10:52 AM
I miss Beno, but I am glad he is in Sacramento since he is doing well there.

m33p0
12-18-2007, 11:01 AM
NO! He didn't fail. His job is to make Spurs as good as it gets. He is paid by the Spurs, not by the players. He made his choices and decisions to make his team better. I would do the same. Beno got to show his game somewhere else and is up to him to show us if he can make it work.

Haters on this board are something completely different. They were and still are attacking Udrih for reasons that are not basketball related.

Pop admitted that he might have handled the Beno-situation a little better. If Beno could keep up the numbers or even improve on them the rest of the year, he will be a hot commodity come summer time.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Why are we still talking about this guy?
"I understand what Pop was going through and I am very grateful to him and the organization," Udrih said. "Pop was in a tough situation. He knew Tony better than me. He trusted Tony more than me. So, common sense, really, it was no decision for him."Oh, that's right - his delusional rationalizations for sucking are always entertaining.

urunobili
12-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Beno who??

Obstructed_View
12-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Somebody Else's Problem.

easjer
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Beno is making league minimum on top of receiving the remainder of his contract. He actually made more by the transaction. It's not that difficult to understand. He did not play to his potential here. Some of his training/playing time was mishandled by Pop/the Spurs, but it doesn't negate the fact that when he was given opportunities, he failed to capitalize on them.

Good for him that he's doing well in Sac. Much luck to him, I'm still wholeheartedly glad he's gone.

ploto
12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
"I understand what Pop was going through and I am very grateful to him and the organization," Udrih said. "Pop was in a tough situation. He knew Tony better than me. He trusted Tony more than me. So, common sense, really, it was no decision for him."
Really sounds like the cancer some have painted him out to be- huh?

Pop truly regrets how things turned out with him and Beno. Pop really was excited about drafting him. Just a shame.

sendman
12-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Somebody Else's Problem.
I have to say, your view is obstructed.

WalterBenitez
12-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Why are we still talking about this guy?Oh, that's right - his delusional rationalizations for sucking are always entertaining.

Because he found out how to play bball lately.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Because he found out how to play bball lately.He always knew how to play basketball, he just never knew how to be a Spur.

duncan228
12-18-2007, 04:04 PM
He always knew how to play basketball, he just never knew how to be a Spur.

Exactly.

sendman
12-18-2007, 04:15 PM

Why are we still talking about this guy?Oh, that's right - his delusional rationalizations for sucking are always entertaining.

OK, Chump, read this last quote carefully. Especially this part:""He didn't allow him to get up and really do anything for him."
So are you illiterate, blind or just plain stupid?

This quote says it all and this quote explains everything. HARD FACT is that Pop didn't let him develop (he admited that more than once). But Pop's task wasn't to let Udrih shines, his job was and still is to win games with Spurs. He went another way and he was successful with it. So he was right. Beno didn't get his real chance here so he is gone.
He is playing some good basketball in Sacto and Spurs didn't get anything for him in return (Oh yeah, a second rounder...that really looks like a brilliant job done by Spurs FO now huh?) - fact

When Udrih didn't get the time he was expecting he started to search for explanations. Sometimes he came up with stupid ones. But non of them was half as stupid as some reactions on this board. Yours included.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
:lol You're an idiot who is as stupid as Beno when he puts himelf on the same level as Tony Parker.

HARD FACT.

phxspurfan
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Is this a petition?

Petition or not, I'll sign.

X phxspurfan

sendman
12-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Tony Parker

Career Season Averages

Year Team G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
01-02 SAS 77 72 29.4 0.419 0.323 0.675 0.4 2.1 2.6 4.3 1.2 0.1 1.96 2.20 9.2
02-03 SAS 82 82 33.8 0.464 0.337 0.755 0.4 2.2 2.6 5.3 0.9 0.1 2.41 2.10 15.5
03-04 SAS 75 75 34.4 0.447 0.312 0.702 0.6 2.6 3.2 5.5 0.8 0.1 2.39 2.00 14.7
04-05 SAS 80 80 34.2 0.482 0.276 0.650 0.6 3.1 3.7 6.1 1.2 0.1 2.69 2.10 16.6
05-06 SAS 80 80 33.9 0.548 0.306 0.707 0.5 2.8 3.3 5.8 1.0 0.1 3.11 2.00 18.9
06-07 SAS 77 77 32.5 0.520 0.395 0.783 0.4 2.8 3.2 5.5 1.1 0.1 2.48 1.80 18.6
07-08 SAS 21 21 34.3 0.504 0.269 0.720 0.5 3.0 3.5 6.8 0.8 0.2 2.57 1.20 20.1

Beno Udrih

SEASON AVERAGES

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
07-08 SAC 17 15 35.4 0.442 0.383 0.896 0.6 2.9 3.6 4.5 1.1 0.1 2.47 2.00 14.8

Compare the numbers, now when you can compare their playing time. Take into consideration that this is Udrih's first season as a starter on a team that even didn't see him at the training camp.

Buddy this are the official numbers. This are HARD FACTS. What have you to offer?
Denial will just make you look more stupid as time passes. Be a man about it and admit it. "I was wrong." It's not like you was wrong for the first time in your life. Or is it?

duncan228
12-18-2007, 04:50 PM
:corn:

T Park
12-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Is this clown seriously, and I mean, SERIOUSLY, comparing Beno Udrih to Tony Parker?

Is this the same Beno Udrih who couldn't bring the ball past half court against the stoic likes of Chuck Hayes, Lindsey Hunter, and Antonio McDeyss?!?!?!

Unfucking real.

sendman
12-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Is this clown seriously, and I mean, SERIOUSLY, comparing Beno Udrih to Tony Parker?

Is this the same Beno Udrih who couldn't bring the ball past half court against the stoic likes of Chuck Hayes, Lindsey Hunter, and Antonio McDeyss?!?!?!

Unfucking real.
As long as we call each other names... NO T Porkchop! Nobody was comparing Parker and Udrih. If your lazy ass would read the whole thread you would know that. Or maybe not.

temujin
12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I am not surprised Udrih is doing well.
He's always been a decent player.
He just can't handle the pressure of winning night in and night out.

No expectations from him. No pressure in Sacramento.
But if they make the playoffs, expect him to fail.
As ever.

Buddy Holly
12-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey sendman, when the fuck was Sacramento a championship contender? Beno is playing well on a team with very little expectations. Do you honestly think the kid who couldn't get past a half court trap set by Lindsay Hunter is going to excel under pressure?

sendman
12-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey sendman, when the fuck was Sacramento a championship contender?
How old are you sweet chicks?

ArgSpursFan.
12-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Nobody was wrong about Beno,nor Pop or the Fans.
Fact is that the Spurs are a Championship caliber team,which means PLAY UNDER ALOT OF PRESSION EVERY SINGLE GAME.
Some people can handle it some people just can't handle alot of pression.
Everyone in San Antonio and Most of SA fans around the world knew that Beno can play Ball,no doubt. But what it´s being dabating al this time until He got traded was: That if Beno was gonna be able to overcome the issue of playing under pression for a championship caliber team or not,and He failed.
Now that He plays for a team that has NOTHING TO LOOSE,and whatever record they get in the regular season is gonna be ok He seems to feel more confortable.
It´s just a matter of strong mentallity and positive actitude,and that´s the diference between good players and champions.
Hopefuly with time Beno will achive that,but right now he is not mentally ready to play for a team like the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Compare the numbersSpurs with Tony: 17-4

Kings with Beno: 8-9

Why don't you start a poll to see which player posters would rather have on their team, year 3 Tony or year 4 Beno.

Be a man.

txstr1986
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I think Beno just needs ample playing time to succeed. He's not a "come of the bench for 10 mins. a game and make an impact" kind of guy. It take time for him to get inot his rythm. I always kind of liked him in SA but I'm glad that he's somewhere where he can suceed and get playing time. (and I sure as hell hope that he gets plenty of it after Bibby comes bake because I've got Beno on both of my fantasy teams right now).

Buddy Holly
12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
How old are you sweet chicks?

Sweet chicks? :lol

Obstructed_View
12-18-2007, 08:54 PM
I have to say, your view is obstructed.
How is that? I'm sure most folks will agree that there are few on this board who have spent more time criticizing Pop for his handling of Beno or taken on those who suggested that he wasn't a good basketball player. I even compared him to Parker at one time, but that ship has long sailed. Parker has left him in the fucking dust because of attitude, effort, and will to improve. Whatever quality Pop requires in order for someone to be a Spur, Beno doesn't have it.

Beno is doing fairly well now. Good for him. Let's try to remember that he's doing well in a system where wins are valued just above defense and he doesn't have to give any effort in practice in order to get PT because the team was so decimated by injuries at his position that they were willing to sign him in the first place.

Beno has talent that can take him as far as his work ethic will allow, but since I'm a Spurs fan first, I'm fucking glad that the drama that accompanies it is gone.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 09:06 PM
He always knew how to play basketball, he just never knew how to be a Spur.

On

the

money.

sendman
12-19-2007, 02:25 AM
How is that? I'm sure most folks will agree that there are few on this board who have spent more time criticizing Pop for his handling of Beno or taken on those who suggested that he wasn't a good basketball player. I even compared him to Parker at one time, but that ship has long sailed. Parker has left him in the fucking dust because of attitude, effort, and will to improve. Whatever quality Pop requires in order for someone to be a Spur, Beno doesn't have it.

Beno is doing fairly well now. Good for him. Let's try to remember that he's doing well in a system where wins are valued just above defense and he doesn't have to give any effort in practice in order to get PT because the team was so decimated by injuries at his position that they were willing to sign him in the first place.

Beno has talent that can take him as far as his work ethic will allow, but since I'm a Spurs fan first, I'm fucking glad that the drama that accompanies it is gone.
I agree with you word for word except for this last sentence of yours. There was no drama on the Spurs. As I said before I never heard any complain about him made by the Spurs.
It looks like T Park and company that started this negative campaign against Udrih were loud enough. All the drama is on them.

P.S. And on top of that Udrih plays a shitty game.
Benooo! I'm bleeding here! :madrun

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 07:11 AM
If Beno's last few interviews, beginning before he was traded, weren't enough to convince you that the relationship was poisoned, and that it was time for him to go, then I don't know how to help you other than to suggest that it's a good thing you aren't the one making the decisions for the Spurs. I'm not the least bit surprised that he's putting up numbers, since he didn't have to beat out anyone ambulatory for his job. I'm glad he's doing it for someone else. Since the Spurs have team guys to back up Parker, and they are able to contribute to wins and work to improve, I'll accept the drop-off in talent.

sendman
12-19-2007, 07:32 AM
If Beno's last few interviews, beginning before he was traded, weren't enough to convince you that the relationship was poisoned, and that it was time for him to go, then I don't know how to help you other than to suggest that it's a good thing you aren't the one making the decisions for the Spurs. I'm not the least bit surprised that he's putting up numbers, since he didn't have to beat out anyone ambulatory for his job. I'm glad he's doing it for someone else. Since the Spurs have team guys to back up Parker, and they are able to contribute to wins and work to improve, I'll accept the drop-off in talent.
Let me ask you this. What would you do in his shoes? Honestlly! He felt that he has the talent to play or even start on some NBA team. He is a professional basketball player. He came to USA to make money. Sitting on the bench doesn't help the number written on his paychecks in the future. And I will quote Theus on Pop once again just for the hell of it:"Popovich told me he really kept him under his thumb," Theus said of Udrih. "He didn't allow him to get up and really do anything for him. That was a compliment. In other words, he was saying, 'He can play. I didn't give him a chance.' "
It's hard to show anything if you don't get a chance.
I believe that Pop and Beno know much better what they are talking about than any of you "experts".

ArgSpursFan.
12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I believe that Pop and Beno know much better what they are talking about than any of you "experts".

If there was a personal problem between Beno and Pop as you pretend to say,you're wrong,coze if that was the case He would've been traded for a second round pick or a scrub about two years ago.
Pop just got tired of waiting for Beno to grow up and get ready to handle pressure,that's all.

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Let me ask you this. What would you do in his shoes? Work harder than everybody else. At least worked harder than Jacque Vaughn.

He felt that he has the talent to play or even start on some NBA team.Too bad your talent level doesn't get you playing time on the Spurs. Spoiled babies with talent don't contribute to wins. Ask the Washington Wizards.

He is a professional basketball player.And that professionalism shined through when he didn't show up for camp or went crying to the media for playing time.

He came to USA to make money. Obviously. He certainly didn't to become a great player. Nobody with any sense of perspective tries to make a financial argument. I'd have been happy to sit on the Spurs bench and watch every game for a fraction of Beno's salary.

Sitting on the bench doesn't help the number written on his paychecks in the future.I'm not here to give a shit about a millionaire's financial situation. Too bad for Beno that he couldn't be bothered to stay in shape, show up for a single training camp, fight through aches and pains, or develop as a player.

And I will quote Theus on Pop once again just for the hell of it:"Popovich told me he really kept him under his thumb," Theus said of Udrih. "He didn't allow him to get up and really do anything for him. That was a compliment. In other words, he was saying, 'He can play. I didn't give him a chance.' "
And again I say, good fucking riddance. If Pop wasn't going to let him play, and we all know that Pop wasn't going to give him a chance, then why the fuck waste a roster spot on him? Are you a Spurs fan or are you a bitter Slovenian homer?

sendman
12-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Work harder than everybody else. At least worked harder than Jacque Vaughn.
And you know that he didn't work hard how? T Park told you?

Too bad your talent level doesn't get you playing time on the Spurs. Spoiled babies with talent don't contribute to wins. Ask the Washington Wizards.
I guess that this spoiled part again came to you by reliable T Park and his gangbangers source. If not, present some facts.

And that professionalism shined through when he didn't show up for camp or went crying to the media for playing time.
He showed up for every single training camp. He even didn't play for our national team to be ready for Spurs.
Oh I know, ....but...but he broke his finger during practice. Or somebody has hit him with his knee into his tie. He is injury prone. He injured himself on purpose.

Obviously. He certainly didn't to become a great player. Nobody with any sense of perspective tries to make a financial argument. I'd have been happy to sit on the Spurs bench and watch every game for a fraction of Beno's salary.
You obviously just refuse to understand this sentence:"He can play. I didn't give him a chance." How can he become a great player?
And a newsflash for you. If some player is greedy and wants more money (finantial argument from the right perspective for you), that usually means that he is ambitious. Or maybe you think that NBA owners are paying players based on the size of their man purses? I know you will pull that delusional explenation again.

And again I say, good fucking riddance. If Pop wasn't going to let him play, and we all know that Pop wasn't going to give him a chance, then why the fuck waste a roster spot on him? Are you a Spurs fan or are you a bitter Slovenian homer?
If I would be a bitter Slovenian homer I would have followed Udrih on some Sacto board and than came back here to troll and talk trash every time when he would have a good game, everytime when Tony or Jacque would have a bad game and shit like that. And I wouldn't have a reason to be bitter, because he is doing fairly good over there.
Also when Rasho got traded you didn't see me crying all over this board.

All this futile correspondence is more about that mob behavior that I noticed on this forum. And yes it bugs me more because he is my countryman, but I'll get into anybody's grill for every other Spurs player just as hard.

TDMVPDPOY
12-19-2007, 08:49 AM
all you clowns who are callin out beno cause he couldnt bring the ball up the court against the pistons....

Tp was the reason why we didnt get pass the lakers during there 3peat, yeh thats right the dude who dissappear late in the series

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 09:55 AM
because he is my countryman.
Yeah, it figures. Why don't you just call Kori a bad name and become a Kings fan? If you think Beno was ever going to get a fair shake here then there's just no helping you. The Spurs were stupid to pick up his option, because he was never going to be a player here for Pop, particularly when he couldn't play through pain, play defense or be in shape. When he started whining to the media it was, as SAS says, ovah. I like the guy and I'm glad to see him doing well (as I predicted he would), but I'm just as glad that he's not on the Spurs.

sendman
12-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Yeah, it figures. Why don't you just call Kori a bad name and become a Kings fan? If you think Beno was ever going to get a fair shake here then there's just no helping you. The Spurs were stupid to pick up his option, because he was never going to be a player here for Pop, particularly when he couldn't play through pain, play defense or be in shape. When he started whining to the media it was, as SAS says, ovah. I like the guy and I'm glad to see him doing well (as I predicted he would), but I'm just as glad that he's not on the Spurs.
You read only every fifth sentence that i wrote. And only those that are serving your purpose.
We have a saying: "because of a tree, you can't see the forest. Is that because your view is obstructed?

violentkitten
12-19-2007, 10:35 AM
beno can play when it's december and the pressure's off.

antoine carr once averaged 20 a night for the kings. :jack

Harry Callahan
12-19-2007, 10:50 AM
When Beno was drafted we did not know for sure if Tony Parker was going to be in SA long term. He signed his long term extention just before the '04 season started in October (at the very last minute). Beno was drafted in June of 04 and was a contingency plan if Tony did not stay in SA.

Obviously, Tony stayed and has blossomed here. Beno was a good player his rookie year. The injuries and inconsistent play in his second and third years reduced his playing time and Spurs management went another direction at the back up for Parker.

The Spurs would have lost Beno anyway for nothing this coming summer as he would have been an unrestricted free agent. There is no way in the world BU would have stayed here as TP's backup. They are the same age.

SAS drafted a talented player who in the end did not fit in. If Tony Parker had left SA a couple of years ago, we could be talking about a completely different situation (Beno as a starter getting plenty of playing time as well as one fewer NBA championship trophy in the AT&T Center).

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 05:30 PM
You read only every fifth sentence that i wrote. And only those that are serving your purpose.
We have a saying: "because of a tree, you can't see the forest. Is that because your view is obstructed?
There's nothing wrong with my nose, since I sniffed you out as Slovenian. If you couldn't see that Beno was NEVER going to be useful in San Antonio, then you're the one whose got problems with his vision.

Buddy Holly
12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Tp was the reason why we didnt get pass the lakers during there 3peat, yeh thats right the dude who dissappear late in the series

During their threepeat, Tony only faced them once, as a 20-year old rookie. :downspin:

sendman
12-19-2007, 06:43 PM
There's nothing wrong with my nose, since I sniffed you out as Slovenian. If you couldn't see that Beno was NEVER going to be useful in San Antonio, then you're the one whose got problems with his vision.
Like I was hiding that I'm Slovenian. I made that statment loud and clear at least 10 times in my previous posts. So you are not exactly Monk to figure that one out. And me being a Slovenian has nothing to do with the essence of my posts. I know that my English must be funny to you some times, but you just don't get it and frankly I'm a little tired of explaining it to you. So I suggest that you live with your belives and I'll try to live with mine.

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 07:07 PM
And yes it bugs me more because he is my countryman

And me being a Slovenian has nothing to do with the essence of my posts.

sendman
12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
And yes it bugs me more because he is my countryman, but I'll get into anybody's grill for every other Spurs player just as hard.
At least be decent enough to quote the whole sentence. But I guess that's just you, screwing up the facts, because your view is obstructed.

timvp
12-19-2007, 07:33 PM
"Recently it's been like (that) because Beno is hurt," he said. "Beno said he doesn't have feeling in his finger, so he hasn't been aggressive in shooting the ball and that's a part of me getting open. John (Salmons) found me a couple of times open. I forced a jump shot and I hit it, but other than that, there was nothing else."

Udrih had a new ailment to play through on Tuesday, as he was kicked in the right leg by Nets point guard Jason Kidd with 2:09 to play in the fourth quarter. He lay on the ground and eventually came out for the remainder of play.

"I tried to contest (Kidd's shot), and think he saw he was going to miss the shot and he tried to draw the foul," said Udrih, who was 0 of 8 from the field but had eight assists. "He kicked his leg and kicked me right here in the muscle. I couldn't feel anything."Classic Beno :lmao

Beno could turn into the white John Stockton and I'd still be happy he's not on the Spurs.

lrrr
12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Tony Parker

Career Season Averages

Beno Udrih

SEASON AVERAGES

Compare the numbers, now when you can compare their playing time. Take into consideration that this is Udrih's first season as a starter on a team that even didn't see him at the training camp.

Buddy this are the official numbers. This are HARD FACTS. What have you to offer?
Denial will just make you look more stupid as time passes. Be a man about it and admit it. "I was wrong." It's not like you was wrong for the first time in your life. Or is it?

Tony Parker 2007 finals MVP

Beno Udrih, 2005 turning the ball over in the backcourt...

angel_luv
12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Beno played great tonight. He scored 24 points ( 9 of 13 from the field; 6 of 7 from three point range) 2 rebounds 3 assists 2 steals.

Was +16 for the game :D

Texas_Ranger
12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Last night he couldn't do shit, and today he was playing great.:rollin

Good job, good job.

Slo spurs fan
12-19-2007, 11:15 PM
He had 8 assists last night and only 1 turnover, so it is not that he couldn´t do shit.

angel_luv
12-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Slo!!!!!! :) :)

Zivjo! Kako si kaj? :)

Slo spurs fan
12-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Zelo dobro, hvala. In kako si ti?

sendman
12-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Classic Beno :lmao

Beno could turn into the white John Stockton and I'd still be happy he's not on the Spurs.
You called him soft. Now he is playing injured and playing good for that matter and you still have the need for making fun of him?
Dude, you are a married man, show some maturity!

mountainballer
12-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Tony Parker

Career Season Averages

Beno Udrih

SEASON AVERAGES

04-05 TOR 80 78 34.0 0.414 0.357 0.740 0.5 3.0 3.5 6.4 1.5 0.1 2.13 2.70 14.2

man we should go for this guy Alston.....I've heard he's available...

TheAuthority
12-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Pity he never found that part of himself while playing for the Spurs.

Reason: Popobitch

TheAuthority
12-20-2007, 07:21 AM
Why are we still talking about this guy?

Maybe because he's playing extremely well for Sacremento that the Spurs got rid of him for nothing? Kind of reminds me of Scola. I'm trying to decide who is more overrated, the Spurs front office, or Allen Iverson.

Oh, that's right - his delusional rationalizations for sucking are always entertaining.

14 and 5 on 42% from 3. Sucks to be wrong doesn't it?

:spin

sendman
12-20-2007, 08:58 AM
you lost 3 faith points for that reference

He, he, why? I like Monk.

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Zelo dobro, hvala. In kako si ti?

My Slovene is super rusty. :oops

But I'll give it a go. :) ( Good thing I kept some notes.)

Dobro.

Ej tenks stari. :)

Grem v sluzbo. Prijeten dan. :)

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Maybe because he's playing extremely well for Sacremento that the Spurs got rid of him for nothing? Kind of reminds me of Scola. I'm trying to decide who is more overrated, the Spurs front office, or Allen Iverson.I'm trying to decide which lottery team is benefiting more from Spurs castoffs, Houston or Sacramento.

14 and 5 on 42% from 3. Sucks to be wrong doesn't it?

:spinI've always said Beno was very talented. I was always right about that. I also said he sucked as a Spur. I was right about that too.

Sucks to suck, doesn't it?

sendman
12-20-2007, 11:46 AM
I've always said Beno was very talented. I was always right about that. I also said he sucked as a Spur. I was right about that too.

Sucks to suck, doesn't it?
And once during sucking, your frankfurter will refuse to go up. And you will always have an excuse that you didn't want to have sex, you just wanted to get it cleaned.
:smokin

edited

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 11:48 AM
And once during sucking, you whiner will refuse to go up. And you will always have an excuse that you didn't want to have sex, you just wanted to get clean.
:smokinThat would probably be devastating to me if it made any sense at all.

violentkitten
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
beno can put up a lot of points when it's december and he's playing for the lottery bound kings.

it's quite another thing doing so in june with a championship on the line.

and fuck this shit about pop having failed with beno. beno was a failure in san antonio because of...beno. the spurs are a success in no small part due to pop's system and what he requires of those who play for him.

beno is a soft ass scared little bitch when the pressure is on. when pop dared to play him in the postseason he provided instant returns for the opponent.

beno will probably average something like 14 and 4 a game in 55 games a season for the rest of his career, nursing finger and vaginal injuries.

Kibic
12-20-2007, 12:23 PM
beno can put up a lot of points when it's december and he's playing for the lottery bound kings.

it's quite another thing doing so in june with a championship on the line.

and fuck this shit about pop having failed with beno. beno was a failure in san antonio because of...beno. the spurs are a success in no small part due to pop's system and what he requires of those who play for him.

beno is a soft ass scared little bitch when the pressure is on. when pop dared to play him in the postseason he provided instant returns for the opponent.

beno will probably average something like 14 and 4 a game in 55 games a season for the rest of his career, nursing finger and vaginal injuries.
Whhoooa! Wey to go, wey to go man!
Would you care to say it all in his face? Or would you just put your pen and magazine in his hand and tilt your head? Ha, ha....

sendman
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
That would probably be devastating to me if it made any sense at all.
You can only imagine. I'm still crying my eyes out laughing.

violentkitten
12-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Whhoooa! Wey to go, wey to go man!
Would you care to say it all in his face? Or would you just put your pen and magazine in his hand and tilt your head? Ha, ha....

i wouldnt hand him a pen because he might hurt hisself.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 03:44 PM
You can only imagine. I'm still crying my eyes out laughing.Not nearly as much we're all laughing at your defense of Beno for no other reason then his being born nearer to you than us.

He sucked on this team. Nothing else matters here.

sendman
12-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Not nearly as much we're all laughing at your defense of Beno for no other reason then his being born nearer to you than us.

He sucked on this team. Nothing else matters here.

You joined some support group? AAA? That would explain a lot.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 04:49 PM
You joined some support group? AAA? That would explain a lot.The auto club? I suppose that would make sense to you.

Maybe you have good ideas, but you drop the ball every time like you've just seen Chuck Hayes running at you.

duncan228
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Maybe you have good ideas, but you drop the ball every time like you've just seen Chuck Hayes running at you.

:lmao

sendman
12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
The auto club? I suppose that would make sense to you.

It looks like you are my Lindsey Hunter for the moment.
:dramaquee
Must improve my English...shit!
:drunk

diego
12-20-2007, 05:29 PM
i don't know what you are trying to prove, sendman. a paraphrased quote of coach pop from theus isnt substantial evidence. nobody here is going to start a "fire pop" movement , even if beno averages 10 assists a game and 50% shooting. beno did have some opportunities here, maybe not enough, but the ones he was given, he wasted- first by not putting the effort on D, then by losing confidence in his shot. that, in addition to his interview remarks, nailed his coffin here. but anyways, you should be happy he got a chance to go somewhere else and start over. when the spurs traded scola i was a little disappointed because i thought he'd fit in here more than bonner (with the benefit of having manu and fab with him), but immediately i realized the spurs did him a favor in that he'd have more opportunity and less pressure in houston (and less passes too, but hey you cant ask for everything!) the most important quote, that i havent heard you mention, is the one where beno thanks pop for letting him go. if only everyone else (haters and homers) could do the same (for both beno, and scola).

ArgSpursFan.
12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
that's true. Pop might be a pain in the ass for the players because of the way He sees Basketball and how hard He wants players to practice and play, but you can't say He's not a good man.Not at all.

sendman
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
i don't know what you are trying to prove, sendman. a paraphrased quote of coach pop from theus isnt substantial evidence. nobody here is going to start a "fire pop" movement , even if beno averages 10 assists a game and 50% shooting. beno did have some opportunities here, maybe not enough, but the ones he was given, he wasted- first by not putting the effort on D, then by losing confidence in his shot. that, in addition to his interview remarks, nailed his coffin here. but anyways, you should be happy he got a chance to go somewhere else and start over. when the spurs traded scola i was a little disappointed because i thought he'd fit in here more than bonner (with the benefit of having manu and fab with him), but immediately i realized the spurs did him a favor in that he'd have more opportunity and less pressure in houston (and less passes too, but hey you cant ask for everything!) the most important quote, that i havent heard you mention, is the one where beno thanks pop for letting him go. if only everyone else (haters and homers) could do the same (for both beno, and scola).
Oh my god! This thing is going in circles.
Again:
I never, never, NEVER, complained about Udrih being fired. I have nothing but respect for Pop. I would be stupid to think otherwise. His record speaks for himself. If you find my post that says different, show it to me and I'll apologize to whoever you want. I just stated that Beno is solid NBA player. Nothing less and nothing more.
I complained about unfair treatment and lies written about Beno that were not even basketball related. I pointed out those individuals. So what's you damage?

daslicer
12-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Beno is a talented player regardless of how people percieve in here. The approach I take is that it wasn't meant for it to work out in San Antonio. His style of play doesn't suit the spurs style of play.

I remember once telling a friend of mine that as great of player as Steve Nash is that he could never play in the spurs system due to being a terrible defender and more of a run and gun offensive type of player. I feel Beno is the same way and before everybody jumps on me I'm not saying Beno is Steve Nash but he is that type of PG. He needs to be in a system where its not defensive oriented but a free wheeling type of offense to really thrive in where he can screw up and doesn't have any pressure. In the end that style is not suitable for the spurs.

wildbill2u
12-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm constantly amazed when I occasionlly look in on this and other threads that people can continue to find new and exciting ways to say: "I didn't like that guy" or "gee, we were stupid for letting him go" and keep these threads running ad infinitem.

What we need is a composite "Futile Bitching About Former Spurs Players" thread where people who really care about these guys, pro and con, can post to their heart's content.

diego
12-21-2007, 08:41 AM
Again:
I never, never, NEVER, complained about Udrih being fired. I have nothing but respect for Pop. I would be stupid to think otherwise. His record speaks for himself. If you find my post that says different, show it to me and I'll apologize to whoever you want. I just stated that Beno is solid NBA player. Nothing less and nothing more.
I complained about unfair treatment and lies written about Beno that were not even basketball related. I pointed out those individuals. So what's you damage?

maybe there is something lost in (mental) translation, but like i asked before it wasnt clear to me what you were looking for with your posts.

there are plenty of people here who come to talk shit, and if you try and reason with them it only gets worse. when people here judge scola (positive or negative) based on 1, 2, even 20 games, and use that to determine whether he is a good player or not, i just laugh. does it mean something? of course. but it doesnt mean enough to make a final conclusion. the same is true for beno. he is still young, still hasnt played a lot of games, and you shouldnt let frivolous comments on a different team's message board get to you. the only thing that is true about beno's nba career is that he was a member of the champion spurs but was unable to stick there. he is making a new start in sacramento where he has shown more than he showed in san antonio. everything else is just opinions and bullshit. let beno's game just speak for itself, trust me, its best for everyone that way.

Obstructed_View
12-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Again:
You started shit with me because I mentioned that I'm glad he's somebody else's problem, when I probably have more posts defending his talent and basketball ability than you have in total on this board.

I'm waiting for my apology.

m33p0
12-22-2007, 09:05 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/12/18/kings.udrih/index.html

Point pleasant
Udrih's emergence at PG creates options for Kings
-Ian Thomsen, SI.com

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/ian_thomsen/12/18/kings.udrih/p1.udrih.jpg
As proof that no NBA team (short of the Minnesota Timberwolves) is far removed from playoff contention, we offer the Sacramento Kings. They climbed a few steps simply by lifting Beno Udrih from waivers last month.

It became one of those Rubik's Cube moves that brings the entire puzzle into focus. Not only did Udrih's arrival provide the Kings with a true point guard, but his ascension to the starting lineup also will make it easier for them to live without Mike Bibby should they decide to move his $13.5 million salary in a midseason trade (once Sacramento's longtime floor leader has proved he's healthy upon returning from October surgery on his left thumb). In the meantime, the whole team is running more efficiently under Udrih's guidance; through Tuesday, the Kings (10-14) had gone a respectable (9-9) with him in the lineup.

Of course, it helps that Ron Artest has returned after his season-opening seven-game suspension. The point is that Artest seems more likely to excel with a distributor like Udrih than with a shooter like Bibby. While rivals assume that Artest and Bibby have no future together, co-owner Joe Maloof insists he hasn't given up yet.

"I want to see how we do if we can get Mike back,'' Maloof said.

So the Kings haven't decided that Bibby must go?

"No, no, I haven't," Maloof said. "It's like [team president] Geoff [Petrie] says: We could still have Beno and Bibby out there together because Bibby is such a good shooter. With small ball, you need players who can shoot threes. The one thing I've learned is that you can have the quickest point guard, but to have a point guard who can shoot threes -- that's everything.''

Which is another gift from Udrih, who is converting a reasonable 36.7 percent from beyond the arc. Even more promising is that he shot 40.8 percent from the three-point line in 80 games as a rookie with San Antonio in 2004-05 when his confidence was high, and who's to say he can't replicate or outdo that rate as he grows comfortable in Sacramento? Overall, Udrih is posting career highs of 13.9 points and 4.7 assists in 35.0 minutes with Sacramento.

Over the previous two years, Udrih lost the trust of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who late in the preseason agreed to create a new opportunity for the 6-foot-3 point guard by trading him to Minnesota for a protected second-round pick.

"There are no bad feelings,'' Udrih said of his three years with the Spurs, who won two championships while he watched mainly from the bench. "The Spurs [were] in a tough situation because they [had] two young point guards with a lot of talent. Tony [Parker] was there for [three] years before me and he showed that he can play, so they have to play him. But they made it happen that I got traded, because they could still keep me and I would probably be sitting on the bench. So I was talking to coach Pop and he said, 'We'll find some solution together.' "

When the Timberwolves greeted Udrih by instantly waiving him, it looked like another example of how badly he had fallen since his promising rookie year. But neither Udrih nor his agent, Marc Cornstein, saw it that way. They were courted immediately by the Kings, who had considered drafting Udrih in 2004 before wisely using their No. 26 pick on Kevin Martin.

"We had had some conversations with San Antonio going back to last year at the trading deadline,'' Petrie said. "He's just a good spirit, always upbeat and pleasant to talk to. He's a dog lover too, and that's good in my book.''

In addition to his deep shooting, Udrih is a left-handed penetrator capable of driving and kicking out to the Kings' shooters. He'll be even more productive after the returns of Martin (who is out until January with a strained groin) and Bibby (or his replacement), as well as with continued playing time. As solid as Udrih has looked in a Kings uniform, he has been playing his way into shape after averaging just 12.1 minutes in 127 games over the previous two years. He missed training camp and the opening fortnight this season with a broken left index finger.

"Right now I can say that I'm in rhythm, but still I'm not used to the contact as much,'' he said. "I'm going to get used to it slowly, but I definitely think I can get better and better.''

How many teams could have benefited from Udrih, whose recent confinement in San Antonio was offset by three years of coaching in the NBA's top program? The club I've been hearing more than any other in this regard is the league-leading Celtics, who need a complement to second-year point guard Rajon Rondo. But the Celtics didn't have a chance, according to Cornstein.

"We talked seriously with two teams,'' said Cornstein, who confirms that the Nuggets -- also lacking a true point guard -- were the other option. While Denver would have needed to open roster room for Udrih, the Kings had an open starting spot waiting for him.

"Sacramento always was our first choice,'' Cornstein said. "There was so much opportunity with the Bibby injury, and they were a team that tried to trade for him before.'' Within 24 hours, he adds, the deal was done.

And the Celtics?

"Boston obviously is a team fighting for a championship right now, and I know [Celtics director of basketball operations Danny] Ainge is a big Rondo fan and believes in him a lot,'' Cornstein said. "So that was a different opportunity. I don't think any team in the league presented the immediate opportunity that Sacramento did. He is still the only healthy point guard on the team, and there was no other team in the league that presented a situation like that.''

Udrih will be an unrestricted free agent next summer, and if the bidding eclipses the Kings' mid-level exception (currently at $5.4 million), they may not be able to keep him.

"I was joking with Beno a couple of weeks ago that from Nov. 1 to Dec. 1, he literally went from the client I work with who plays the least to the client who plays the most,'' Cornstein said. "So who can predict the way any of that stuff works out.''

m33p0
12-22-2007, 09:09 AM
fact is, he is in a perfect situation when he came to sacramento. kings needed a point guard in a bad way. theus was able to make use of beno in a way pop could never have unless the spurs trade away parker, something that would never happen. let it go. he's wearing a different uniform now.

ploto
12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
"I was joking with Beno a couple of weeks ago that from Nov. 1 to Dec. 1, he literally went from the client I work with who plays the least to the client who plays the most,'' Cornstein said. "So who can predict the way any of that stuff works out.''

Who could have predicted this sentence two months ago?

Udrih will be an unrestricted free agent next summer, and if the bidding eclipses the Kings' mid-level exception (currently at $5.4 million), they may not be able to keep him.

m33p0
12-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Who could have predicted this sentence two months ago?

and to think the number of teams in the league in desperate need of a true point guard right now. i won't be surprised if beno is offered a huge contract next season.

ArgSpursFan.
12-22-2007, 10:28 AM
and to think the number of teams in the league in desperate need of a true point guard right now. i won't be surprised if beno is offered a huge contract next season.

And the Rockets at the top of that list.

sendman
12-22-2007, 02:52 PM
You started shit with me because I mentioned that I'm glad he's somebody else's problem, when I probably have more posts defending his talent and basketball ability than you have in total on this board.

I'm waiting for my apology.

I have nothing to apologize for to you.

And one more thing about you defending Udrih.
Remind me not to hire you, if I'll need a lawyer some day. :p:

Obstructed_View
12-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I have nothing to apologize for to you.

And one more thing about you defending Udrih.
Remind me not to hire you, if I'll need a lawyer some day. :p:
Yeah, I knew you were just a fuckin' bullshitter picking fights for his homeboy.

angel_luv
12-23-2007, 01:04 AM

:clap It's my Beno! :D

Obstructed_View
12-23-2007, 01:16 AM

:clap It's my Beno! :D
He does look like he's in good shape. I thought his face was rounder than that. :)

sendman
12-23-2007, 02:00 AM
He does look like he's in good shape. I thought his face was rounder than that. :)
Yeah, his laziness and all that tacos you were mentioning made him look like this.

Obstructed_View
12-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, his laziness and all that tacos you were mentioning made him look like this.
Find a single post I ever made about tacos, bitch.

sendman
12-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Find a single post I ever made about tacos, bitch.
You mad?

Obstructed_View
12-23-2007, 03:21 PM
You mad?
Not particularly. Is that your mission? That would explain why you're in here trolling.

sendman
12-23-2007, 03:31 PM
Not particularly. Is that your mission? That would explain why you're in here trolling.
It looks like you wouldn't know what's my mission if I'd stamp it on your forehead.

Bruno
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Beno has played 35mpg for more than one month. He is clearly in a way better shape than before the training camp.

ArgSpursFan.
12-23-2007, 03:37 PM
until Beno shows the same kind of determination He's showing in Sacramento, in a playoffs type of team,I'll still think that He wasn't/isn't mentally ready for the NBA just yet,and that was the reazon why He left the Spurs,not because He can't play.
I reather have a strong minded not too skilled player(like J.V) tham a very skilled player Who is weak minded.

freemeat
12-23-2007, 09:43 PM
More! This is entertaining!

:stirpot:

timvp
12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
It's uncanny how Beno is currently playing like he did when he was a rookie ... just with more minutes. If you look at his per minute numbers, they are almost the same.

Points per 40 minutes: 16.5 (now) vs. 16.4 (rookie)
Assists per 40 minutes: 5.2 (now) vs. 5.2 (rookie)
True shooting percentage: 53.5% (now) vs. 54.9% (rookie)
Turnover rate: 11.6 (now) vs. 11.7 (rookie)
Usage rate: 19.8 (now) vs. 19.8 (rookie)

It's amazing how close those numbers are. I wouldn't say that Beno is playing better, he's actually playing as well as he used to per minute but for more minutes.

m33p0
12-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Beno has played 35mpg for more than one month. He is clearly in a way better shape than before the training camp.

he never had the benefit of training camp and preseason. he was injured, remember? he's playing himself into shape.

i, for one, am glad that the rockets were all too happy to get francis to realize they still needed a true point guard that they overlooked beno (not that beno is that hard to overlook). otherwise, the scene in that part of texas would have been vastly different.

Obstructed_View
12-24-2007, 01:21 AM
It looks like you wouldn't know what's my mission if I'd stamp it on your forehead.
You certainly aren't capable of being forthright or honest about it. I'm sure you'd deny it later.

sendman
12-24-2007, 02:09 AM
You certainly aren't capable of being forthright or honest about it. I'm sure you'd deny it later.
:p: :p: :p:Interesting. Attempt of using an inverse psychology on me. Nice try!

Dude, once and for all, read again the thread carefully. If you don't get it then you'll never get it and I can only die explaining it to you. Believe me, I don't intend to.

sendman
12-24-2007, 03:23 AM
It's uncanny how Beno is currently playing like he did when he was a rookie ... just with more minutes. If you look at his per minute numbers, they are almost the same.

Points per 40 minutes: 16.5 (now) vs. 16.4 (rookie)
Assists per 40 minutes: 5.2 (now) vs. 5.2 (rookie)
True shooting percentage: 53.5% (now) vs. 54.9% (rookie)
Turnover rate: 11.6 (now) vs. 11.7 (rookie)
Usage rate: 19.8 (now) vs. 19.8 (rookie)

It's amazing how close those numbers are. I wouldn't say that Beno is playing better, he's actually playing as well as he used to per minute but for more minutes.
I would call this numbers an OK numbers. Thing that they are so similar to his rookie numbers makes them even more interesting. Question is, can Beno get better, or is this as good as it gets.
For a "true PG" as he is called, I don't like his numbers for APG and A/TO ratio.
If this is because missing a training camp and gelling with the rest of the new team, then they are acceptable for the moment.

Bruno
12-24-2007, 03:31 AM
he never had the benefit of training camp and preseason. he was injured, remember? he's playing himself into shape.

Udrih wasn't injured before the training camp.
Udrih wasn't in a good shape when Spurs training camp had started and that was before his finger injury.
Heavy playing time does wonders for players who have difficulties to be in great shape.

Kibic
12-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Udrih wasn't injured before the training camp.
Udrih wasn't in a good shape when Spurs training camp had started and that was before his finger injury.
Heavy playing time does wonders for players who have difficulties to be in great shape.
How would you know he wasn't in good shape when Spurs camp started?

Bruno
12-24-2007, 03:50 AM
How would you know he wasn't in good shape when Spurs camp started?

Spurs took pictures of him at the media session jsut before the training camp and Beno was "fat".

Kibic
12-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Can we see those pictures?

Bruno
12-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Can we see those pictures?

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?query=z.i.H4sIAAAAAAAEAO29B2AcSZYlJi9t ynt_SvVK1-B0oQiAYBMk2JBAEOzBiM3mkuwdaUcjKasqgcplVmVdZhZAzO2d vPfee--999577733ujudTif33_8_XGZkAWz2zkrayZ4hgKrIHz9-fB8_In7dfLn91etf49f4NX6PX_dskV3kvyb9mtD_f9P1rC7m6S KfFVk6y65_zf-bnl9j4_Nrmp9JXVXty6zOFo357NfC_3d3fox-_HrvXl83p-_MG7-m_o0WeNDk136ws-f9fo8hZOfa4tf4NfV3vPJrZ-dT04n9A___tfFzh_tdtO5N9_uvQ41L-4X9C-_9uvRHvbDjkT_5V_r_r8d_Teybnb-58Xn4LmNr3z3vvOv-5sZ1-G4dvFt33nV_09hz-yb--LX1DybELn77DU3b39h8TqPOV-bTXzP469fKXVfe779W3ngf299_7WZl3_w18YdB5beyL15O3YuX U4Pdb4m_d-xv-_Y3xvjXqWqPU-xf_NUk97_CXwYms83DnR3v913vd2atX3t2tTSgfk3zx6-D_zfriRti8NevnWduDP4f9PvK_8L-8es2AbTwz1_73bPnbsa8P35b-v-vXyyn5XqWc8Os9nD1_vgGnv8HvsDTggAEAAA.

Ya Vez
12-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Sacramento Kings 11 wins - 15 losses

your doing a heck of job there Beno..

wildbill2u
12-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Spurs took pictures of him at the media session jsut before the training camp and Beno was "fat".
I went to your link and he didn't look 'fat' to me just because he had his shirt-tail out.

I don't know if he was in shape or not. I think you'd have to have some confirmation from a player or coach.

Fillmoe
01-23-2008, 04:56 AM
who said beno wont produce off of the bench?

today off the bench he went 5-5, 2-2 from 3, 2-2 from the ft line, 14 points 3 assists, 2 rebs, 1 to.... in 17 mins!

TDMVPDPOY
01-23-2008, 08:00 AM
beno contract year :D:D:D:D

Texas_Ranger
01-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I just hope he can make those numbers night after night.

SAGambler
01-23-2008, 08:58 AM

Because he could be here putting up 8 or so a game, be a three point threat, and make sharp passes (remember when Pop said Beno was the best passer on the team)..None of these things can we ever expect out of our now backup point.. About the best thing that can be said of Vaughn is he hustles and "holds court (sometime)" during his 10 minutes on the floor.

Face it, Pop screwed the pooch on this one.

ploto
01-23-2008, 10:15 AM
who said beno wont produce off of the bench?

today off the bench he went 5-5, 2-2 from 3, 2-2 from the ft line, 14 points 3 assists, 2 rebs, 1 to.... in 17 mins!
Beno played a nice game last night. Occasionally, they use Beno and Bibby together. He would have played more minutes but it was a blow out and Douby got to play some.

I am curious to see how Sacramento can play with most of their players finally back-- Artest, Bibby, Martin...

Sacramento Kings 11 wins - 15 losses

your doing a heck of job there Beno..
You realize they were without 3 starters for much of that time.

wildbill2u
01-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, the best that can be said of our backup point guard Vaughn, according to TIMVP's analysis each game, is that it's best when he doesn't appear in the stats at all.

Now that's a quality backup!

T Park
01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Wildbill

dont understand basketball too well do ya.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Beno = championship

His myspace said so.

sendman
01-24-2008, 01:34 AM
Wildbill

dont understand basketball too well do ya.

Look who's talking!

The guy that was so full of **it, that it had to be surgically removed.

T Park
01-24-2008, 01:54 AM
ah personally insulting me to defend Beno now?

Beno would be proud.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-24-2008, 03:24 AM
I really hope the Kings move Bibby for my fantasy team's sake.

Beno only had 16 minutes today and did NOTHING. For good or ill, he is a guy, just like Oberto, and Boris Diaw, and name some more, who need 24+ minutes to be effective at all. I have a feeling that going back to reserve PG, he will play himself into a hole and disappear again.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Because he could be here putting up 8 or so a game, be a three point threat, and make sharp passes (remember when Pop said Beno was the best passer on the team)..None of these things can we ever expect out of our now backup point.. About the best thing that can be said of Vaughn is he hustles and "holds court (sometime)" during his 10 minutes on the floor.

Face it, Pop screwed the pooch on this one.

That's such bullshit. Beno had chance after chance to succeed in SA and he didn't get there - you can't blame Pop for that! He was out of shape, always injured, and dissed the team in interviews. He needed a change, and MINUTES, to perform. If he goes back to being a 10 minute player at Sacto watch him suck so badly he'll play his way out of the rotation.

As for JV, his D is great, at times his energy sparks the team, he doesn't turn the ball over, and seems to hit the open jumpers when we need them. As Tony's backup, I'm just fine with that. Manu basically runs the second team anyway, and I think we'll see more Manu-Barry-Udoka from now on as all three of them can score.

sendman
01-24-2008, 04:23 AM
ah personally insulting me to defend Beno now?

Beno would be proud.

If you feel insulted by hearing the truth, then yes.

genomefreak13
01-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Getting udrih out of San Antonio is the best thing for everyone. It's great for Beno since a player of his caliber should not be coming off the bench. Now with the kings, he's posting great numbers, unlike with the spurs where he has to contend for playing time against Tony parker and jacque vaughn. Usually playing during garbage time.

Spurs would have want to keep him, unfortunately, they can't make everbody happy. With limited playing time , beno is surely not contented. The spurs would not like an unhappy player playing for them. They would like to motivate everyone in the team, so they came up with a win-win solution.

The spurs opted to take the defensive minded and athlethic vaughn over udrih. The reason is very obvious. The team doesn't need another scorer but a defender. Scoring is reserve for parker, duncan and ginobili - points from the others are mere bonus. What they are lacking is backcourt defense. One that can chase the other teams point guard from one end to another. Beno fell short on this qualifications.

In conclusion. It's sad to see beno on the other side of the fence but reality seeks in and all must move on.

m33p0
01-24-2008, 05:42 AM
rockettes missed out on that one.

Harry Callahan
01-24-2008, 06:10 AM
Does anyone on this board honestly think BU would have been a happy camper here in SA this year, probably languishing on the bench behind TP and Vaughn? For whatever reason, he was hurt in various ways EVERY year he was here during training camp.

Beno believed he was not going to be a factor here in SA (IOW he'd never beat out Tony Parker - which is correct). For whatever reason, he sulked instead of fighting through it, being a pro, and being a contributor off the bench. The broken finger at the beginning of TC was the final straw.

Pop's decision to bench Beno I'm sure was tough on him, because he knew the guy had ability. The FO paid the guy a pretty hefty chunk of change (I think $3-4MM) hoping he could revert to his rookie form. Then low and behold, be breaks a finger, and training camp is out the window again. The FO knew there was absolutely no way BU was going to be here past this year when his contract expired. They decided to make a salary cap trade for nothing in return. There was not going to be a showcasing of Beno this year because Pop was going to play the two point guards that gave his team the best chance to win basketball games this year (JV and TP).

It's too bad - with Tony's injured foot Beno could have provided some temporary relief. Beno was not mentally equipped to succeed here.

TDMVPDPOY
01-24-2008, 06:23 AM
with bibby back

i wonder how it is going to play with BU minutes, since his teh real reason why the kings had the turn around when bibby was out....fuck bibby

ploto
01-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Udrih has a role in L.A. drama

Beno Udrih didn't mean to get dragged into a Hollywood moment, with the Clippers providing more drama than their same-city basketball counterparts for once.

Nonetheless, the Kings point guard had – according to the Los Angeles Times – played a small part in the saga involving Clippers owner Donald Sterling and coach Mike Dunleavy.

As the Clippers' once-promising season has been decimated by injuries, Dunleavy – reacting to a doubt-filled rant from his boss in the newspaper – said Tuesday that his team would be better off if certain trades that had been possible weren't refused by Clippers decision-makers in the front office.

Among them? A deal for Udrih while he was with San Antonio that didn't materialize. And as Udrih said a day later, there was even a second chance once he was traded to Minnesota and quickly waived in late October.

In the end, of course, he signed with the Kings on Nov. 1 after Mike Bibby's thumb injury created a need in Sacramento.

"I think my agent talked to (the Clippers in late October), but they couldn't sign me right away because they had 15 players on their roster," Udrih said. "They said maybe in 14 days, but I didn't want to have to wait that long. I just wanted to go right away, to be somewhere with a team and get used to the place before I start playing so I went to the Kings."

With Bibby finally back and Udrih out of the starting lineup Tuesday, the fourth-year player has ensured he does not become the forgotten man by playing at an even higher rate than before. In the three games entering Wednesday he had hit 17 of 21 field-goal attempts, averaging 15.3 points and 22 minutes. However, he was scoreless on 0-of-4 shooting in 15 minutes against the Clippers. Staying relevant is vital for Udrih, who will be a free agent this summer.

Before coming to Sacramento, he had never averaged more than 14.4 minutes per game in his three seasons in San Antonio. In his time supplanting Bibby, he averaged 36.3 minutes in 30 games. In the four games since Bibby's return before the Kings faced the Clippers, he averaged 21 minutes. Kings coach Reggie Theus said he has no doubt Udrih will be a consistent producer off the bench.

"I thought Beno would be a better player in this scenario," Theus said. "It takes a little pressure off of him. He's not used to playing huge minutes in his career, although he had been playing big minutes for us. And I think Beno is a player who got tired in the course of the game … . I don't see Beno's performance dropping at all. I see him getting better and being really good off the bench."

As for Clipper land, it was all smiles and man hugs a day later even without Udrih in a Clippers uniform. Dunleavy said the matter has been resolved.

"We're on the same page," said Dunleavy, who is owed $17 million in the next three seasons. "I know (Sterling) is committed and wants to do whatever it takes (to win). I'm certainly committed. Anyway, I feel much better about where we are. We were both frustrated because of the losses."

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/658228.html