PDA

View Full Version : Duncan doesn't want to Dunk?

S4Spur21
12-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi, I was noticing last night that Tim Duncan got very low on the block, and he'd just tap it off the glass or drop it in.

I also noticed that he missed a couple easy shots right under the basket because he didn't give it enough force.

I remember the one, where he was wide open.. put it up and missed, got a rebound, put it up again and missed again.

He was in utter shock.

Does Tim Duncan just not want to dunk, or do you think his injury is still causing him not to elevate anymore?

2 pts is 2 pts, but only 12 dunks on the season.

I was just wondering.. I still love the guy!

S4Spur21

m33p0
12-18-2007, 09:50 AM
he has had numerous injuries concerning his right ankle. i've had the same problem with both my ankles. it takes away alot of lift. granted, he's alot taller than i am and doesn't need much to reach the rim. but having those problems can cause you to worry about reinjuring them.

another is that, that's how the suns play duncan. let him have his way in the first half so that he would be tired in the second. he was limited to just 12 points in the second half, 2 in the last 7:21. so that ploy worked in this game. you have to remember though he may have been a little out of shape because of a 4-game lay-off.

Budkin
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I miss the days when Timmy would throw down with authority!

urunobili
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
timmy should stop going for tip ins and dunk more.... happened in the Detroit 2005 Finals game 5... he just has to stop trying that shot and dunk it tot he elbow... he is my man still though

m33p0
12-18-2007, 11:17 AM
show him a picture of madsen just before tip off. that would send his blood boiling!

nkdlunch
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Duncan got owned by the rim

ancestron
12-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Tim does need to dunk more. So does Manu. And Brent. And Fab. And Finley. And, and....