PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Walker glad to be away from Riley

LakeShow
12-18-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flspwalker18sbdec18,0,2435593.story

Antoine Walker glad to be away from Riley

By Ira Winderman | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
December 18, 2007

MIAMI - Antoine Walker is not about to claim he is in a better place, not when he returned Monday to AmericanAirlines with the 3-19 Minnesota Timberwolves.

But from a personal standpoint, the former Heat forward said he was glad to be away from the constant scrutiny by coach Pat Riley regarding his conditioning during his two seasons in South Florida.

"It was better for me to leave," he said of his Oct. 24 trade from the Heat. "I wasn't getting any positive press. Riles kept my name in the paper for some negative, back-and-forth thing."

The Heat struggled last season after winning the 2006 championship, with Walker taking a huge statistical dive from the '05-06 title season.

But without Walker, it has gotten even worse, with a 6-17 record going into Monday's meeting.

"Obviously, the way it's started off, I wasn't the problem," Walker said. "It hasn't improved.

"Regardless of whether I'm here or not, it's the same situation."

Riley insisted before Monday's game that the deal was made because of the availability of Ricky Davis, not a goal of dumping Walker and the remaining three seasons on his contract.

Walker, 31, who sat out Monday's game with sprained left ankle, said he has kept his Miami-area home and has invested in a South Beach Asian grill.

He said he has kept in touch with a few former teammates, but also noted many have departed.

"The one reason why we won a championship, you had everybody on the same page," he said. "I'm not for sure if everybody's on the same page now."

Ronaldo McDonald
12-18-2007, 04:37 PM
walker is probably the most disliked shitty player the nba has to offer. i hate his game and his attitude. i remember he complained about not getting a lot of pt in a all-star game once.

Magic_Johnson
12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm pissed a player like this have a ring.

duncan228
12-18-2007, 05:34 PM
He's always had a bad attitude.
If his game could have backed it up maybe it could have been tolerated.
But he's just an ass as far as I can tell.
I never liked him either.

Lebowski Brickowski
12-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Antoine Walker is glad to be away from ANYTHING THAT KEEPS HIM FROM SHOOTING FEWER THAN 30 TIMES A GAME. :lol

z0sa
12-19-2007, 07:54 AM
why is walker still in the nba????

who the fuck wants him?

VaSpursFan
12-19-2007, 09:26 AM
walker is a fat bastard :lol :lol

ArgSpursFan.
12-19-2007, 09:32 AM
He is just a Lazy Mofo.He would've not lasted 1 practice with Pop. I don't know how He managed to play 2 season with coach Riley.

bdubya
12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm pissed a player like this have a ring.

x2.

Antoine Walker's All-Time Underrated list (as compiled by himself):
#1: Antoine Walker
#2-#10: See #1

lefty
12-19-2007, 01:21 PM
As much as I hate him Walker, I have to admit that when he was playing with Oierce in Boston, the Celtics were a dangerous team; those 2 had a great chemistry

Taco
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
walker is a fat bastard :lol :lol

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/195/michelinmanrunningcw6.jpg