PDA

View Full Version : not to start a war on officials, but does any other team in the league...

K-State Spur
12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
with a dominant big man and/or 2 slashers that attack the hoop have as many HOME games where they see the opponents go +10 (or more) in free throw attempts?

not exactly good evidence for the suns/mavs/yourteamhere fans who think the Spurs are Stern/referee darlings.

ancestron
12-18-2007, 05:55 PM
the NBA officials have been instructed to make it as hard as possible for the Spurs to be champs again. I'm sure we can all think of reasons why they would want this to happen.

OldDirtMcGirt
12-18-2007, 06:22 PM
the NBA officials have been instructed to make it as hard as possible for the Spurs to be champs again. I'm sure we can all think of reasons why they would want this to happen.

The NBA does everything in their power to prevent the Spurs from winning. I mean, there's no way that they'd suspend two of the opposing team's players for a crucial game five in the Western Conference semis.

td4mvp21
12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
The NBA does everything in their power to prevent the Spurs from winning. I mean, there's no way that they'd suspend two of the opposing team's players for a crucial game five in the Western Conference semis.

:rolleyes
I guess a stupid thread warrants a stupid response.

rAm
12-18-2007, 06:53 PM

I am sure it irked them just as much as it did you to suspend them, but they had to in order to keep up their "fairness" reputation.

But as to the original poster, I don't have any evidence that agrees with it but there definitely were some bad calls last night.

BeerIsGood!
12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Fuck the Phoenix Sterns. That Mofo had a tear in his eye when he knew he had to suspend the idiots who broke the rules. Can't have the NBA look like WWE now so they had to go, but did Stern have to be so tearful?

ArgSpursFan.
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
let's stop acting like Suns fans please.
We just lost another reg season game,and without Parker.
Move the fuck on already.

FromWayDowntown
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
I thought that Duncan was held to a different standard last night -- substantial contact on Duncan went uncalled at times while more minimal contact on other players was called at other times.

But the officiating didn't cost the Spurs that game. Obviously, the Spurs had a great chance to win the game but failed to execute, while the Suns made the plays that were necessary to get the win.

If K-State's hypothesis is correct, the sole remedy for the Spurs is to overcome the officiating and win games. Frankly, I think Jack Nies was in the Spurs' heads at times last night and that was unfortunate.

OldDirtMcGirt
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
On a related note, I'm happy that the officials have really cut down on the flopping. Not just last night, but in a lot of games I've seen this year, the officials are rightfully swallowing their whistles when guys hit the deck. Also more emphasis on traveling this year. I definitely think that the quality of officiating has improved this year.

FromWayDowntown
12-18-2007, 08:32 PM
On a related note, I'm happy that the officials have really cut down on the flopping. Not just last night, but in a lot of games I've seen this year, the officials are rightfully swallowing their whistles when guys hit the deck. Also more emphasis on traveling this year. I definitely think that the quality of officiating has improved this year.

I agree with this -- though I still think there's a lot of inconsistency with the block/charge call (last night, the Bonner/Nash charge and the Barbosa/Barry block come to mind). Still, I think that on the whole, the officiating league-wide is much better this year than its been in past years and that's a very good thing.

travis2
12-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Check out FWD's avatar...

Anyone ever notice that Jack Nies looks like Beavis?
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0115641/1-5.jpg

Obstructed_View
12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
The Spurs had two slashers?

ancestron
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM

:lol

The resemblance is uncanny

dmac
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
so what happened in game 6 and 7?

da_suns_fan
12-19-2007, 10:22 AM
so what happened in game 6 and 7?

I don't know....tell us. What happened in game 7?

Cry Havoc
12-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I don't know....tell us. What happened in game 7?

Well, we didn't have one of our best playoff performers, so you should have beaten us in game 6 since we were short-handed, right? I mean, that's the excuse I hear out of Phoenix a lot.

FromWayDowntown
12-19-2007, 12:25 PM

I cropped the original, but I didn't have anything to do with that look (and the eerie resemblance to Beavis).

For whatever it's worth, here's the original photo:

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/lexmoose12000/th_nies2.jpg

ancestron
12-19-2007, 02:46 PM

give it a rest already will ya? Does the fact that Diaw and Stoudemire broke the rule not mean anything to you? You think Sterno wanted to suspend them and screw things up for the ratings champs? He had to do it.
You remind me of this old lady I knew when I was five years old. One day I was playing on her porch with my toy cars and broke one of her flower pots by mistake. Every day after that, all I heard about from that cratchety old hag was how I broke her flower pot. See her on sundays at church "Id hug you but you broke my flower pot" Christmas--"I would've gotten you a gift but you broke my flower pot" Seeing her for the first time in 10 years "you're that kid who broke my flower pot". Visiting her on her deathbed at the hospital- "Hey didn't you break my flower p--"

K-State Spur
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
let's stop acting like Suns fans please.
We just lost another reg season game,and without Parker.
Move the fuck on already.

on an individual game basis, i can't think of one where it terribly bothered me.

and no, i don't believe for a second that stern is out to get the spurs because of ratings

i just can't remember seeing it happen to any other top team as often as it does SAS, save maybe the Bulls last year, but they were just a jump-shooting team without a post presence.