PDA

View Full Version : LeBron out with eye injury

ShoogarBear
12-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Something happened during the game against the Rockets tonight.

Only played 17 minutes and scored a career-low 3 points according to NBA-TV.

Not clear what his status will be.

Fantasy team owners everywhere in a panic.

manustarting2gd
12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Say it aint so!!!!!!!!

ShoogarBear
12-29-2004, 08:56 PM
ducks will say it's just more proof he sucks.

King
12-29-2004, 09:10 PM
He caught an elbow, and supposedly it's a 'bruised orbital bone.'

usckk
12-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Lebron was hit on the head hard by an Houston Rocket elbow.

duncan2k5
12-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Lebron was hit on the head hard by an Houston Rocket elbow.
Malone plays for the Rockets now???

ducks
12-29-2004, 09:48 PM
James injured by Mutombo's elbow

December 29, 2004

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers star LeBron James was accidentally elbowed in the face by Houston's Dikembe Mutombo late in the first half of Wednesday night's game and had to be helped from the floor.

James, on defense and moving across the lane, was leveled by Mutombo. He immediately dropped to the floor, covered his eyes and kicked his feet in obvious pain while play continued.

When Houston scored, the officials stopped play and Cleveland's medical staff rushed out to help James. He had to be assisted off the court, leaving near Houston's bench and taken through the nearest exit to Cleveland's locker room.

Early in the third quarter, the Cavs said James had bruised the orbital bone around his left eye and would not return.

James, who turns 20 on Thursday, is averaging 25.2 points, 7.1 rebounds and 7.3 assists for the first-place Cavaliers.

ducks
12-29-2004, 09:49 PM
Cavaliers: James leaves with eye injury
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, December 30, 2004

News
Cavs guard LeBron James was forced out of Wednesday night's game against Houston after suffering an eye injury due to an inadvertent elbow from Rockets center Dikembe Mutombo. Late in the first half, James had to be helped off the floor and into the locker room, and he did not return. According to the Associated Press, the team is calling the injury a bruised orbital bone around the left eye.

Views
Any fantasy owner with James on their roster will be on pins and needles until they hear more detail about the status of the man-child who is averaging 25 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, and 2.6 steals this season. We'll pass it along as soon as it's available.

ducks
12-29-2004, 09:49 PM
ducks will say it's just more proof he sucks.

ducks has never said he sucks
ducks stillthinks he is overrated

ducks
12-29-2004, 09:51 PM
wow 3 articles in yahoo already about him

now if duncan gets hurt like that maybe they might be one article

ducks
12-29-2004, 09:52 PM
L. James 17 0-5
james was on fire before he got hurt

Guru of Nothing
12-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Mutumbo's elbow. Now there's a shocker!

Stern must wonder to himself if he could have done sooner to prevent damage to "The Franchise."

ducks
12-29-2004, 09:58 PM
stern will suspend him for several games since it was james

Solid D
12-29-2004, 11:40 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/NBAPlayoffs99/may22_dik.html

But many opponents have been put off by his sharp elbows, responsible for three broken noses during the regular season and a nasty bruise to Lindsey Hunter's eye in the first round of the playoffs.
"That's ridiculous," Detroit coach Alvin Gentry fumed after Hunter's injury. "Somebody has got to do something about that."

Solid D
12-29-2004, 11:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/features/2002/preview/nets/nets_sm.jpg

Lethal Weapon 4

TheWriter
12-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Sad news. Lebron didn't make it.

Solid D
12-30-2004, 07:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241229005

James takes elbow, bruises bone near eye

Photo Wire
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CDA10712300303_thumbnail.jpeg
Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James grimaces in pain after an injury in the second quarter of Cleveland's 98-87 loss to the Houston Rockets Wednesday, Dec. 29, 2004, in Cleveland. James suffered a contusion to his left eye and did not return to the game. (AP Photo/Mark Duncan)

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A hood pulled over his aching head, LeBron James staggered back into Gund Arena looking like a beaten boxer.

So much for looking sharp for the birthday bash. On the night before he turned 20, James was in no condition to celebrate.

Cleveland's star forward got flattened by an errant elbow from Houston's Dikembe Mutombo in the first half and the Rockets went on to a 98-87 win over the Cavaliers on Wednesday night.

"I never saw him," Mutombo said. "The next thing I know, boom, he was laying on the floor. I hope it's not too bad."

Tracy McGrady scored 34 points and Yao Ming added 20 for the Rockets, who didn't have to contend with James after halftime and snapped a five-game losing streak on the road.

James bruised a bone near his left eye. He was moving across the lane when he was accidentally leveled by Mutombo, whose elbows have dropped more than a few NBA players over the years.

"I warned him before the game to watch out," said Cavaliers guard Eric Snow, who played with Mutombo in Philadelphia. "I've seen him take out teammates and opponents. Those things are dangerous."

James was taken to the Cleveland Clinic for X-rays and a CT scan. He was not available for comment after returning from the hospital. The team said it will have test results and an update on his condition Thursday.

"It's too bad," said Cavs guard Jeff McInnis. "I know he wanted to do well tonight with it being his birthday."

After he was nailed by Mutombo, James immediately dropped to the floor, covered his eyes and kicked his feet in obvious pain while lying face down as play continued. When Houston scored, the officials stopped the action and Cleveland's medical staff rushed out to help James, who had to be assisted off the court as he held a towel against his head.

The sellout crowd in Gund Arena fell silent as James walked off.

"That was too bad about LeBron," said Rockets guard Bob Sura, a former Cavaliers player. "Man, he brings energy into this building. It was never like that when I played here."

duncan2k5
12-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Malone plays for the Rockets now???
was a joke. guess its not funny :depressed

duncan2k5
12-30-2004, 09:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=241229005 :lol

"That was too bad about LeBron," said Rockets guard Bob Sura, a former Cavaliers player. "Man, he brings energy into this building. It was never like that when I played here."

You Think?????????

tlongII
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
ducks has never said he sucks
ducks stillthinks he is overrated

ducks doesn't know what he's talking about

Slo spurs fan
12-30-2004, 09:47 AM
James is soft and weak.

Marcus Bryant

ducks
12-30-2004, 09:48 AM
I wonder if it was anyone's birthday other then james
if the media would be all over it?????

does anyone else play in the nba other then james?

manustarting2gd
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
James is murderous, alot of records are going to be in jeopardy if this kid elevates his game and stays healthy.

tlongII
12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
I wonder if it was anyone's birthday other then james
if the media would be all over it?????

does anyone else play in the nba other then james?

Why wouldn't the media be all over it? James is the best player in the NBA.

ducks
12-30-2004, 10:28 AM
maybe because the suns are on a hot streak
maybe because the suns and the spurs played each other
maybe cause what people actually do on the court should get the major headlines insteads of their little birthdays

ducks
12-30-2004, 10:30 AM
remind me when the cavs get a .500 record on the road
they 6 road wins after 15 tries. and that is
mvp candiates get their team the w on the road

tlongII
12-30-2004, 10:38 AM
maybe because the suns are on a hot streak
maybe because the suns and the spurs played each other
maybe cause what people actually do on the court should get the major headlines insteads of their little birthdays

The Spurs played the Suns Tuesday night, James got injured last night. I suppose you think the Spurs should be the lead story on the news even on nights they don't play?

tlongII
12-30-2004, 10:40 AM
remind me when the cavs get a .500 record on the road
they 6 road wins after 15 tries. and that is
mvp candiates get their team the w on the road

James has a bunch of stiffs for teammates. I find it incredible that Cleveland's record is as good as it is.

SpursWoman
12-30-2004, 11:11 AM
James has a bunch of stiffs for teammates. I find it incredible that Cleveland's record is as good as it is.

Me, too. I think he's a good kid with unbelievable talent, and has even exceeded expectations, IMO. I'm not a hater.

:lol

ducks
12-30-2004, 11:18 AM
"I warned him before the game to watch out," said Cavaliers guard Eric Snow, who played with Mutombo in Philadelphia. "I've seen him take out teammates and opponents. Those things are dangerous."

seems he can not take advise from his teamates

boutons
12-30-2004, 02:07 PM
"Last Updated Thursday, December 30th at 1:07 p.m.

LeBron James Injury Update

LeBron has suffered a left facial fracture of his maxillary sinus that is stable. He will be evaluated daily by team physicians and is officially listed as day-to-day. He will be fitted for a custom protective facial mask as soon as his facial swelling subsides, and is expected to wear the mask upon his return to the court for play, as needed."

ShoogarBear
12-30-2004, 02:12 PM
ducks, man, lose the hate. Did LeBron mack your gf away or something?

Experiment2100
12-30-2004, 02:52 PM

seems he can not take advise from his teamates

He does take advise, maybe he took it too literal. He was told to watch out and he watched the elbow hit him, he got hit in the eye after all.