PDA

View Full Version : Toros game live video stream!

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 09:21 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/

Click "Watch Live" under the scoreboard.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2007, 09:27 PM
:tu
Thanks heaps.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Is Ian playing?

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Doesn't look like it

txstr1986
12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Is there any way that you could do this for Spurs games? Thanks

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM
:lol I'm not the person to ask. This is the NBA streaming these games.

Legally.

yavozerb
12-18-2007, 09:51 PM
whats wrong with ian?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Salmonella

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Nice one CD, thanks. :tu

Is there any way that you could do this for Spurs games? Thanks

Hahahahahahahaha... that might actually help NBA fans who want to see games! Not in your lifetime! :pctoss

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 09:59 PM
No Langford either. I'm surprised we're this close. Marcus is the leading scorer with 14 with two minutes left in the half

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Mmmmmm, not looking great tonight. Far too much shooting without passing first, and matador D. Interesting though, I'll watch again some time.

It was funny to watch those Colorado guys throwing up lob after lob and screwing them all up! :lol

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Well the Toros were keeping it close until the five minute mark. The video didn't make it much past halftime.

tomcat
12-18-2007, 11:12 PM
No D Wash, no Ian, no Langford = no chance.

Not even looking like the same Toros team. Getting blasted by 20 now. Marcus tried to take up some of the offensive slack but D Wash 28 ppg, Langford 25 ppg and Ian 18 ppg too much to overcome.

Ian and Langford out 2morrow also. Langford some sort of viral infection and Ian a pulled groin/muscle.

We could lose our league best record during this stretch.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm wondering why we aren't playing Eric Dawson. We can't live with our starting center getting two boards in 26 minutes.

tomcat
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Dawson out 4 wks with torn muscle.

We're doomed. Send D Wash back and give Langford some goofy juice..........quick!

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm surprised they haven't injury waived Dawson. They can get him back when he's healed up.

They should look into signing Jeff Hagen to fill in at center.

tomcat
12-18-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm sure with the injury/bug depleted squad we are putting out now there will be some moves made within the next few days.

Ian's injury is day to day and since he is Spurs property I'm sure they won't rush him into action before he is ready to prevent further injury. Langford may be back the sooner after some antibiotics run its course and Dawson might have to be waived...torn muscle could linger. With Parker out, D Wash is going nowhere fast as he is an insurance policy.

Yet it is still early in the dleague season and we should be able to make up any ground lost.

BTW, Langford worked out for the Denver Nuggets on Monday so not sure when the bug hit him. Heard he was the best player hands down.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm only really concerned about the big man situation. The other spots are covered pretty well. I guess we could call Tim Bush back, but I'd want someone with more size.

NuGGeTs-FaN
12-19-2007, 06:03 AM
you guys need to call up Dermarr Johnson. :smokin

I've been saying it for over a year now and i think he would do well under Pop. He has just had horrible coaches his whole career. GK pretty much killed his confidence but maybe he is getting it back.

Bruno
12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
The video stream is a great news. I just hope they won't filter foreign IPs.
Watching Mahinmi will be great and it seems to have a lot of interesting players in Austin.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2007, 09:16 PM
No video tonight :td

But Ian is back :tu

ChumpDumper
12-19-2007, 09:22 PM
There's no link on the D-League page, but I found it in my history.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/webcastDleague.html

The video is working.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Toros down 2 at the half 56-58

Marcus has 18, Justin 11

Elton Brown is killing us with 23

ChumpDumper
12-19-2007, 11:46 PM
14ers 113 - Toros 97 (http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/20071219/AUSCOL/boxscore.html)

Ian's minutes were pretty much rehab exercises, he wasn't really helping, but both teams were acting like he was, getting a lot of plays called for him and drawing double and triple teams. When he wasn't on the floor, he was on the bike. The Toros were in it til the fourth when Marcus, Justin and DerMarr ran out of steam at altitude. They all play 40 minutes or more.

Marcus got 29 on 50% shooting including 2-4 from the arc. He had several funky slow drives that looked like long-distance post moves. I doubt he could get away with them in the NBA. Still, he's done well as a focus of the offense.

Justin got 19 points, a lot of them garbage from his 7 offensive rebounds (15 total). He also got five blocks. He dropped a few passes on drives, otherwise he might have gotten more points.

DerMarr was 0-3 from the arc, so he drove more and got to the line a bit. Still crappy on the boards but git some nice steals to keep the Toros in it for awhile.

Cheyne had kind of a rough night forcing passes, but ended up matching Eddie Gill's numbers pretty evenly.

The 14ers' announcer said the Toros were the best transition defense he had seen in three years of covering the D-League.

That's all I really noticed flipping between the games. Get well soon Keith and Ian and Eric.

timvp
12-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Nice report.

I think the possibilities of Darius Washington being waived are on the rise. He's played pretty poorly the last couple games. Pop's confidence in him might be shot ... at least for while.

If Washington gets to the point where the Spurs don't think he's a long-term fit, suddenly a whole world of D-League players come into play. Including but not limited to the players on the Toros.

Bruno
12-20-2007, 06:08 AM
I've watched a part of the fourth quarter.
First, the video streaming feature is really nice. It's light year better than what was done for the Vegas summer league. It was filmed better than in Vegas, you had some replays and an announcer. It only lack of the score and clock shown in a corner of the screen.

The game was that interesting with Austin trailing by 12 or more points.
Elton Brown is a really nice player. If he ends up one day in europe, I think he will be a star with his skillset. Toros offense was also quite bad with a lot of turnovers. Maybe they are trying to emulate Spurs offense on a daily basis because they have succeed to be as offensively crappy as Spurs against Grizzlies in the first half. :)

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Nice report.

I think the possibilities of Darius Washington being waived are on the rise. He's played pretty poorly the last couple games. Pop's confidence in him might be shot ... at least for while.Pop may not think he's ready for prime time, but he still might think he's worth developing. I'm sure he'll be sent back to Austin when Tony proves he can play. I guess he'll have until January 10 to prove himself.

If Washington gets to the point where the Spurs don't think he's a long-term fit, suddenly a whole world of D-League players come into play. Including but not limited to the players on the Toros.I suppose the safe choices would be Eddie Gill or Andre Barrett or even Randy Livingston if we're just looking for insurance. A couple of combo guard prospects would be Langford and Dontell Jefferson. Of course the guy who the Spurs would probably call up first is CJ Watson (insert LJ's pctoss here).

timvp
12-20-2007, 04:57 PM
If Pop has been happy with the way Manu and Barry run the point, perhaps the Spurs wouldn't even need a third point guard . . .

That said, I'm hoping Washington is kept and can work on his game in Austin for the rest of the year and then summer league next year.

violentkitten
12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
the talent is there with darius. unlike a former spurs point guard who refused to work on his game, at least he makes the effort. unless there is a good reason to let him go, he probably should be kept around, at least for this year.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I think Pop will always want a third point guard sized point guard to keep up on defense. Washington is the bird in hand right now. The only other D-League player with his kind of potential at point guard is Watson and I'd wager he'll be gone after the showcase at the latest.

I wonder if the timing is just right, could the Spurs pick up a Toro or other D-Leaguer in late march or April while still keeping Darius and not go over the tax?

ChumpDumper
12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Tonight's game is listed on the site, but that is no guarantee it will actually show. I'll ask someone from the staff what gives.

Darkwaters
12-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I wonder if the timing is just right, could the Spurs pick up a Toro or other D-Leaguer in late march or April while still keeping Darius and not go over the tax?

How prophetic of you.