PDA

View Full Version : The burning question for tlongII

ShoogarBear
12-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Are the Blazers going to be able to have a lead on the Spurs at any time in any game this year?

That's gotta be the most embarrassing team record in NBA history.

picnroll
12-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Another burning issue for tlongII?
link (http://www.oregonlive.com/weblogs/blazersblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/olive_blazerblog/archives/2004_12.html#044967)

Ford: Blazers goofed with Randolph
Did the Blazers make an $83 million mistake in signing Zach Randolph? ESPN's Chad Ford thinks so (subscription req'd):
As if GM John Nash wasn't already in hot water, now it looks like the entire Blazers' team has soured on Zach Randolph - the guy Nash recently gave a six-year, $83 million contract extension.

Things have gotten so rocky in Portland that, internally, the Blazers have kicked around the idea of trading Randolph. With Shareef Abdur-Rahim on the roster, the team already has another top-notch power forward. And unlike Randolph, Abdur-Rahim has shown a willingess to play within a system, out of position and get his teammates involved.
Ford goes on to say Zach's contract makes him virtually untradeable:
For cap purposes, his contract is averaged over the life of the deal. That means a team acquiring Randolph now would have to be able to accept Randolph's average of $12.2 million in salary, while the Blazers would be able to take back only what he makes now - $1.8 million.
Ford says only one team in the league has the available cap space to take on Zach's contract right now: the Nets.

Jimcs50
12-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Are the Blazers going to be able to have a lead on the Spurs at any time in any game this year?

That's gotta be the most embarrassing team record in NBA history.

That, or the 0-13 down the stretch against the Lakers in the WCFs when they blew what looked like a sure trip to the Finals.

:)

ShoogarBear
12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
Bump.

tlong, I know you been around. Come out from hiding you ->

http://www.winonamercantile.com/photo/flower/bumblebee.JPGhttp://www.a1aadventures.com/large%20yacht.jpg

tlongII
12-30-2004, 03:39 PM
The Blazers clearly don't have the talent that the Spurs have at this point in time. However, times change and I'm a patient man.

ShoogarBear
12-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Man, you're boring when you're humble.

What do you make of all the recent noise about Zack being Kobe Lite with his teammates?

tlongII
12-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Man, you're boring when you're humble.

What do you make of all the recent noise about Zack being Kobe Lite with his teammates?

Much ado about nothing. Our guards can't make an outside shot to save their lives. I wouldn't pass it to them either.

1Parker1
12-30-2004, 05:32 PM
^^^LOL. At least you're an unbiased fan tlong :)

Jimcs50
12-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I have Blazers + 7.5 tonight. Seems like a good bet since Manu is out.

Spurminator
12-31-2004, 01:33 AM
Is Zach Randolph the worst max player in the league?

ShoogarBear
12-31-2004, 01:35 AM
Well, now the streak is up to five games without the Spurs ever trailing.

Jimcs50
12-31-2004, 01:36 AM
I lost bigtime, so much for Manu being an important cog in the machine.

Jimcs50
12-31-2004, 01:37 AM
Well, now the streak is up to five games without the Spurs ever trailing.

I think this has to be a first time in NBA history that this has happened

ALVAREZ6
12-31-2004, 01:37 AM
^^^LOL. At least you're an unbiased fan tlong :)

Unlike some people, ***Cough Cough***

lol 1P1. You know who im talking about.