PDA

View Full Version : Detroit @ Boston 12/19

JamStone
12-19-2007, 12:51 AM
There's a thread in PistonTalk but I know there are some SpursTalk members that don't frequent that section a lot. It's an interesting match-up so maybe there can be some good discussion before and during the game. I expect both teams to be very prepared and hyped for the game. I'll be curious as to how the Pistons defend the three Celtics stars, if they show a few doubles when one of them gets it going from the field, and/or if they mix a little zone in there in spots. I give the edge to Boston in the game but I think it should be pretty competitive.

icem
12-19-2007, 01:36 AM
all i have to say right now is that im really looking forward to seeing this game and im so glad its nationally televised :spin

also, probably alot of pressure on the Cs to win this one... you already know as soon as they lose to one of "top teams" the trash talkers are going to be in full effect saying how they told everyone from day one just how overrated the Cs are and blah blah blah....

but yea cant wait to watch.....wish bill walton was calling the game.

Leetonidas
12-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Detroit better whoop some ass.

bostonguy
12-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Detroit better whoop some ass.

If you want a fun competitive finals (I am not talking ratings), you will want the Celts in it. Pistons in the finals will be a disgrace (this isnt the same Larry Brown team you saw years ago). However, the only way the Pistons (or any other team) are going to the finals to rep the east is if the Celts arent healthy. Plus the Pistons like this new role of being the runner ups in the ECF. Been a Flip Saunders tradition since 2006!!

slayermin
12-19-2007, 02:03 AM
However, the only way the Pistons (or any other team) are going to the finals to rep the east is if the Celts arent healthy. Plus the Pistons like this new role of being the runner ups in the ECF. Been a Flip Saunders tradition since 2006!!

Are you this pompous for every Boston team? Or only when the team is winning?

I know you wanna predict a championship. Why don't you go on record now?

bostonguy
12-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Are you this pompous for every Boston team? Or only when the team is winning?

I know you wanna predict a championship. Why don't you go on record now?

Out of all Boston teams, this is one I feel the "least confident" for a championship. This team is more than good enough to win the east. If they stay healthy no one is taking them out in the East. As for the Finals...it depends who we play. Allas doesnt scare me. We also can throw Posey on Dirk and make his nuts shrivel. The Suns arent getting to the finals unless they avoid the Spurs. The Spurs are the class of the West/NBA. However, Boston is the only team from the east who will give them a tough competitive series unless If the Pistons had Larry Brown and this was 2005. Boston will give them a serious run for their money. the Spurs have championship experience and have holdovers from their last 3 titles. It would come down to if we are able to execute at the right moments to really make this a series and having a serious chance of putting it in our favor.

SpursDynasty
12-19-2007, 02:22 AM
This will be good practice for both teams for when they meet in the Eastern Conference Finals.

There are no other quality players or teams from the East, other than Detroit and Boston, who are Finals contenders.

icem
12-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Out of all Boston teams, this is one I feel the "least confident" for a championship. This team is more than good enough to win the east. If they stay healthy no one is taking them out in the East. As for the Finals...it depends who we play. Allas doesnt scare me. We also can throw Posey on Dirk and make his nuts shrivel. The Suns arent getting to the finals unless they avoid the Spurs. The Spurs are the class of the West/NBA. However, Boston is the only team from the east who will give them a tough competitive series unless If the Pistons had Larry Brown and this was 2005. Boston will give them a serious run for their money. the Spurs have championship experience and have holdovers from their last 3 titles. It would come down to if we are able to execute at the right moments to really make this a series and having a serious chance of putting it in our favor.

i think the mavs are actually a tougher matchup for the celtics than the spurs. i think the mavs can create some of the same mismatch problems against the celtics that they do against the spurs.

bostonguy
12-19-2007, 02:59 AM
i think the mavs are actually a tougher matchup for the celtics than the spurs. i think the mavs can create some of the same mismatch problems against the celtics that they do against the spurs.

Mavs defense fucking blows. Posey can throw Dirk off of his game. they also have zero championship experience and dont scare me whatsoever. Those factors will be why the Mavs wont win that series. If Dirk is struggling and cant shake it off, that team is fucked. I dont even see them coming out of the west. They fucked up their chances and mentally they dont know what in the hell they are doing. Now if they can avoid Golden State, Phoenix, San Antonio then they sure can make it to the finals.

jochhejaam
12-19-2007, 08:07 AM
they also have zero championship experience...

So do you think Posey's championship experience will rub off on Pierce, Allen and Garnett?

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2007, 08:42 AM
This game means a hell of alot more to the Celtics than it does to the Pistons. They desperately need to prove that their easy schedule isn't the only reason for the wins.

I hope Detroit wins, but if they don't, big deal. It's one of 82. If the Celts lose, everyone comes down on them for losing their first big test. Too much hype for a meaningless game. I just hope both teams show up, and make it fun.

Amarelooms
12-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Mavs defense fucking blows. Posey can throw Dirk off of his game. they also have zero championship experience and dont scare me whatsoever. Those factors will be why the Mavs wont win that series. If Dirk is struggling and cant shake it off, that team is fucked. I dont even see them coming out of the west. They fucked up their chances and mentally they dont know what in the hell they are doing. Now if they can avoid Golden State, Phoenix, San Antonio then they sure can make it to the finals.

You are a dumb fuck....just saying :elephant

JamStone
12-19-2007, 11:20 AM
If you want a fun competitive finals (I am not talking ratings), you will want the Celts in it. Pistons in the finals will be a disgrace (this isnt the same Larry Brown team you saw years ago). However, the only way the Pistons (or any other team) are going to the finals to rep the east is if the Celts arent healthy. Plus the Pistons like this new role of being the runner ups in the ECF. Been a Flip Saunders tradition since 2006!!

I like that. Traditions since 2006 ... KG not in the playoffs, Paul Pierce not in the playoffs, Ray Allen not in the playoffs, Doc Rivers not in the playoffs.

See how fucking stupid that sounds.

Boston has played great and they have a chance to be very, very good this year. But, let's see how things play out the rest of the season before crowning the Celtics NBA finalists already.

bdubya
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I like that. Traditions since 2006 ... KG not in the playoffs, Paul Pierce not in the playoffs, Ray Allen not in the playoffs, Doc Rivers not in the playoffs.

See how fucking stupid that sounds.

Bostonguy's been flogging that "Flip Saunders tradition" line for a few days now; you're the first poster to react at all. Must have made his day....

The only thing that gets decided tonight is - will people spend the next few days saying Boston is overrated, or saying the Pistons are washed up? If Boston loses, they can shake the rap if they tear it up on their road trip. Pistons would have to wait until their Celts-Mavs-Spurs stretch in January. But neither team is the team that we'll see in the playoffs. Pistons are still sorting out the new bench, and haven't even started to integrate Stuckey, Herrman or Brezec. Celts only have 22 games together; they could still improve a lot over the next 60 (or come back to earth).

Predictions:
1) Pistons win
2) With the Celts in their home whites and Max rolling into the paint, it's gonna look like a damn bowling alley. "Max to the line to clean up the spare!"

Tippecanoe
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
dang. i wanted to start this thread. :lol

i just hope the celtics dont get blown out. i dont really care if they lose a close one, just please dont get blown out. :bang

bdubya
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
dang. i wanted to start this thread. :lol

i just hope the celtics dont get blown out. i dont really care if they lose a close one, just please dont get blown out. :bang

I think the game thread will probably be in the Pistons forum; stop on by.

Your sig boy Rondo's been looking much better than I expected. Can't wait to see if Chauncey can take him off his game or not; that could be the key matchup right there.