PDA

View Full Version : where can i watch the games online??

bobbyjoes12
12-19-2007, 07:34 AM
xxx

manubili
12-19-2007, 08:24 AM
xxx

Bruno
12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
It's not legal. Stop talking about that because the only result will be that you will create troubles to Spurstalk.

AnotherArgie
12-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Why do you say it's illegal? P2P (of any kind, including streaming) is legal if there is no profit involved, at least in my country and some others like Spain.

phyzik
12-19-2007, 12:17 PM
copyright infringment laws in the USA.

bdubya
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
It's legal to watch them on-line from here:

http://www.nba.com/broadband/league_pass.jsp

It's not free, but it's legal, and you get most of the games (except those that are on a national television network in the USA). And with the dollar being weak now, it shouldn't be too expensive for you.

AnotherArgie
12-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Maybe bobbyjoes12 doensn't live in the USA. At the end of the day, it's his problem. And nobody is posting any content here in the forum, so no damage.

Bruno
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Maybe bobbyjoes12 doensn't live in the USA. At the end of the day, it's his problem.

No, it's not only his problem and where bobbyjoes12 lives, isn't important.
He posts illegal links on Spurstalk, an American website and it becomes Spurstalk's owner problem. Spurstalk can be close and/or Kori can lose her nba accreditation because of that.

And nobody is posting any content here in the forum, so no damage.

Posting links to website with illegal content = problem.
I'm quite sure that a mod will delete this thread or at least remove links in the first post.

duncan228
12-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for straightening this out Bruno.

I'd hate to see anything bad happen to this board.
We all need to know what's legal and what's okay to post.

Dex
12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
You know that long and boring clusterfuck of legal terms the NBA throws at you right before the start of every second half of every game? That makes it pretty clear that its illegal to reproduce or rebroadcast the game. Unless...of course, these people have the 'expressed written consent of the NBA'...which I sincerely doubt.

That's not to say it doesn't happen, but there's a lot that goes on this world that doesn't need to be publicized on this message board.

tp2021
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
isnt kori a girl?

duncan228
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
isnt kori a girl?

Yes, Kori is a woman.
I assume it's Bruno's post you saw "his" in.
Just a typo by Bruno.

Bruno
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, Kori is a woman.
I assume it's Bruno's post you saw "his" in.
Just a typo by Bruno.

Thanks, fixed. :)

duncan228
12-19-2007, 03:37 PM
No problem Bruno. You give this board so much information that the occasional typo is cool. :)

ArgSpursFan.
12-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I don't know why people ask for this kind of websites if we all PAY to watch NBA games that are not broadcasted by ESPN or TNT. :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Maybe bobbyjoes12 doensn't live in the USA. At the end of the day, it's his problem. And nobody is posting any content here in the forum, so no damage.

Wrong.

It's our problem because the league doesn't want anything about stealing their product posted here.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Why do you say it's illegal? P2P (of any kind, including streaming) is legal if there is no profit involved, at least in my country and some others like Spain.

P2P of NBA games isn't legal. Even taping the game breaks copyright laws.

AnotherArgie
12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey, I wholeheartedly agree that a forum owner has every right to decide what allow or not allow in her forum. I respect that. I just don't like people coining the term "illegal" for something it's not. If you're interested, I can give you more information, like the "MGM, Columbia and others" vs. Groskter veredict by the US Supreme Court, via PM.

If I were the owner, I probably wouldn't allow this kind of posts. But certainly I would never call it illegal, because it isn't.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2007, 04:02 PM
If I were the owner, I probably wouldn't allow this kind of posts. But certainly I would never call it illegal, because it isn't.

Taping a game breaks copyright law - even if you don't make money of it.

Tippecanoe
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Ibtl

bdubya
12-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Maybe bobbyjoes12 doensn't live in the USA.

Sounds to me like he doesn't. Why would that matter with the broadband League Pass? As long as he's on a good connection, he should be fine, as lon as he's got a credit card to pay with.

Michi_Germany
12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Sounds to me like he doesn't. Why would that matter with the broadband League Pass? As long as he's on a good connection, he should be fine, as lon as he's got a credit card to pay with.

But it's not possible outside the USA to subscribe for the League pass. The last information I found is this:

"Elsewhere in the world, the NBA just announced that NBA League Pass Broadband on NBA.com “will be expanded to select countries,” including Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.
The NBA is to announce next week that the NBA League Pass Broadband on NBA.com will be expanded to select countries.
Fans in these countries will have access to around 30 NBA games each week.
Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland are going to be offered this access.
A league spokesman said Wednesday that a final subscription fee for the service had not been determined. Several packages of options are to be offered."

This information is from August this year. But nothing happened yet.

bdubya
12-19-2007, 05:49 PM
But it's not possible outside the USA to subscribe for the League pass.

:oops

Bizarre. Seems like a no-brainer for the NBA to make it available, but you're right - you have to be signed up for local cable or dish League Pass to get the broadband account. Sorry for the bad info, folks.

Michi_Germany
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
:oops

Bizarre. Seems like a no-brainer for the NBA to make it available, but you're right - you have to be signed up for local cable or dish League Pass to get the broadband account. Sorry for the bad info, folks.

I can't understand that too. Here in Germany are many people who wants to see Games of the NBA. You can only see 3 Games a week in Pay TV - mostly Dallas. But who wants to see Dallas?! :lol I hope the League pass will be available here one day.

Duncan
12-19-2007, 11:38 PM
If you guys want to talk about stuff that we all do but shouldn't?
use PMs :)

duncan228
12-19-2007, 11:40 PM
If you guys want to talk about stuff that we all do but shouldn't?
use PMs :)

PM's don't work with some people. :) :p: