PDA

View Full Version : Guitar

E20
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
I picked up my brother's guitar and I decided to learn how to play. Anybody know a site that teaches the basics of how to play an acoustic guitar thoughourly, then some easy ass songs for begininers to play with? (sp) I've been to some sites so far that are half ass teaching me how to play chords, but it teaches me like two and that's it. Also how bad do I need the 1st string, the really thin one? Because it snapped off and I don't have money to fix it. Also, every site tells me I need a pick, do I really need one?

Ronaldo McDonald
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
i know i used to check out mxtabs.net when i first started playing. haven't been there for a long while but it's is extremely useful. I'm almost positive they have like online lessons for beginners and shit like that....

Chris Perez
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't have money

That's where you lost me!

ATRAIN
12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
If you want to learn the right way, stay away from tabs until you learn the notes/chords.

ChumpDumper
12-19-2007, 03:08 PM
You need the string. Single strings can be brought separately and aren't too difficult to change. There are probably sites out there with instructions. Picks aren't completely necessary but also cheap. I'll look around for playing instruction sites.

monosylab1k
12-19-2007, 03:09 PM
just push down and hit the buttons on the neck in the same sequence as you seem them on your tv. you'll figure it out in no time. don't forget to flip your guitar up for BONUS POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

monosylab1k
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
seriously though, a book of chords and replacement strings will run you like 8-10 bucks. fixing strings is pretty easy.

Lance
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Someday you may be a ........................

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/guitar_hero_package.jpg

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
http://guitar.about.com/library/blguitarlessonarchive.htm

E20
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm gonna ask my brother if he has replacement strings. Other than that I'm just testing out all the strings and tuning and waiting for the callaces to grow. I'm stilling trying to get the basic chords as gooda as possible.(G Major, A Major C Major etc...) Thanks for everybody who gave in some input.

ATRAIN
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
http://guitar.about.com/library/blguitarlessonarchive.htm
:flipoff :ihit

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
odQb8ylYstg&feature

whottt
12-19-2007, 04:17 PM
The easiest song to play with chords is horse with no name by America...the easiest to play by picking is LaGrange by ZZ Top.

As for advice.....go buy a guitar stand and put your guitar on it where you spend most of your time....ready to play, right where you can see it and all you have to do is pick it up. Try and play it every day, the more you play the better you will get at it....the better you get at it then more you will want to play it.

LaMarcus Bryant
12-19-2007, 06:38 PM
The Man has cracked down on guitar tab sites in recent years, apparently recording companies hold the sole right to the written transcripted version of artists songs too.

Because everyone knows learning to play another artists song is tantamount to theft.

E20
12-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I think if I practice one full day I can get this down, looks simple:
Z7WjncC9J-Y

E20
12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I got a replacement string, got some picks, got a good tuning thing going on, and a bunch of tutorials. But now I realized something else. That this guitar is a piece of shit and no wonder it's been lying around in the back for a while. It's by some dude named esteban, it's a 20 fret acoustic guitar and got off the HSN. At first I thought it was the tuning, but after an hour of tuning it w/ and w/o an electronic tuner it produces the most horrible sound and echo/vibration. This all hit me when my guitar doesn't sound like anything from other guitars, it sounds to 'heavy/deep' and 'dull'. Well I'll try this out and get good on this before I try an expensive one. From the reviews I read this is an extremely shitty guitar, but a good one if you are a begininer.

whottt
12-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Ya...the guitar is shit, but then so is your guitar playing, so you may as well just go with it. At least this way you won't be insulting a good guitar with your play.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2007, 04:43 PM
:lol I was going to make a joke about Esteban guitars and DVDs yesterday.

Yes, it is a complete piece of laminated crap, but you'll feel better about getting a new one when you outgrow it.

jman3000
12-20-2007, 04:49 PM
like what somebody else said earlier... learn the singular notes before you learn the chords... and you should learn to pick with your fingers before you start using a pick.