PDA

View Full Version : Draft prospect - nando de colo

JUUOT
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Just wanted to throw it out there since i had time to kill at work and i was reviewing french prospect.

Nando de colo is a tough 6-3 PG playing for cholet one of the top french team (i know it does not mean much)

I think he could be a surprise prospect for next draft:
http://europeanprofiles.blog.de/?tag=nando+de+colo
The best player on the team was clearly Nando de Colo. The guard from Cholet, who can play either PG or SG showed a nice arsenal of qualities during the last game of the tournament. He could score inside on drives with both hands, he showed very good courtvision and dishing out perfect passes to his team mates. He recognized several situations very well and took the right decisions. He saw on one play the mismatch of a teammate and asked him to go down low for a post up play, which actually worked out well as France could score on that move. De Colo also showed that he has three point range, but it is not his first offensive weapon. He prefers to play the drive where he excels thanks to great speed changes and direction changes.
Defensively, he is very active and he stole the ball on pick and roll plays thanks to great anticipation and quick hands.

Redundant with darius washington, but i don't think darius has proven anything yet and it is talent that can grow nicely and surely in europe.

JUUOT
12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
BUMP

First washington is gone which makes it more likely spurs need a new PG prospect to groom.
Second, nando de colo was just named MVP of the french all star game playing with nicolas batum who is a future lottery pick.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-30-2007, 11:38 AM
So the Spurs can just sign him this day right now if they wanted to?
They are no strings attached to his contract or if he has any demands?

Bruno
12-30-2007, 11:44 AM
So the Spurs can just sign him this day right now if they wanted to?
They are no strings attached to his contract or if he has any demands?

De Colo is born in 1987, Spurs can't sign him.
He can enter in next year year draft. If he doesn't he will automatically eligible for the 09 draft.

JUUOT
12-30-2007, 02:03 PM
I have a feeling he might not wait 2009. What do you think bruno?

He seems like a solid guy with a good maturity. Could be brought in if proves ready in the summer or kept in europe 1 more year. He is the kind of no nonsense player i like

JUUOT
12-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Can someone merge this thread in the draft 2008 bruno created?

it would defintely be better there

El_Mago
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Is Bokolo around?

I really liked his defense.

BeerIsGood!
12-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm all for it because I can yell "get the ball to Culo!!"

ashbeeigh
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm all for it because I can yell "get the ball to Culo!!"

And "¡Besame Culo!' if he is really good. :lol

Bruno
12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I have a feeling he might not wait 2009. What do you think bruno?

He seems like a solid guy with a good maturity. Could be brought in if proves ready in the summer or kept in europe 1 more year. He is the kind of no nonsense player i like

Players can enter and with draw one time from the draft. De Colo has never entered in the draft and will be automatically eligible for the 09' draft.
If De Colo wants to be drafted, he has no reason not to put his name on the early entry list this year. If he get a bad feedback from nba teams or if he wants to wait one more year, he could withdraw his name from the 08' draft without a problem.
And I have never watched him play so I don't have a clue if he is a good or bad nba prospect.

Bruno
12-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Is Bokolo around?

I really liked his defense.

Bokolo struggles a lot this year. The NBA seems to be very far from him right now.

JUUOT
06-26-2009, 01:07 AM
OH YEAH so good to be a spurs fan! It is my first day of vacation and i wake up to rainy day in Paris but i can't stop smiling. I will most likely be able to scout Nando a few times next year and get some video for you guys! So PUMPED

T.J Thompson
06-26-2009, 01:16 AM
Bokolo has not the level to play in NBA ...

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-26-2009, 01:36 AM
He is 6-5 not 6-3.

JUUOT
06-26-2009, 01:42 AM
it is an old thread from 2007. He did some growing up!

Just a fun fact: i am getting married where Nando is born in a week

GSH
06-26-2009, 01:43 AM
He is 6-5 not 6-3.

I've spoken with his agent, and he might accept 6-4.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2009, 01:46 AM
it is an old thread from 2007. He did some growing up!

Just a fun fact: i am getting married where Nando is born in a week

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, JUUOT.

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-26-2009, 01:57 AM
I've spoken with his agent, and he might accept 6-4.

Well his measurement is 6-5 in shoes.

JUUOT
06-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Congrats on your upcoming wedding, JUUOT.

Thanks. My soon to be wife is just perfect. She lets me talk about the spurs for hours, about the draft for 15 mn while she was trying to prepare for work. She loves going to see a good game and even agreed to get to summer camp when we were in Vegas last summer for a romantic trip.

She rocks! I am so excited, even more than by the last few moves by the spurs