PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Celtics

Tippecanoe
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
I know games not over, but I'm leaving right after the game, so might as well get it in right now.

- We're legit. Detroit's a tough team, and we hung with them. As I'm typing, we're down 3. So barring a complete meltdown, which isn't improbable considering Boston's "play" in the fourth quarter this year, we're not that far off from Detroit.
- Celtics need a second point guard. The offensive flow is completely dead when Rondo's out of the game. I don't care how they get another one, but just get one.
- Can I take back what I said about our second unit being good??
- Gotta cut down on the mistakes. Too many turnovers, bad decisions, bad shots.
- Rebound the ball goddammit.
- Defending the three ball. Man, we got torched today.
- Glen Davis :lmao

Pistonfan1
12-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Pistons showed today who the best team in the East truly is. Celts dont belong in our class. What a bunch of overrated pretenders. They cant handle adversity like our boys can.

JamStone
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
two very good teams, probably the two best teams in the east. but really sloppy game after first quarter. lots of players on both sides didn't really play their best ball. expect better games when they meet again.

batboy
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Trade for one of the rocket's warm bodies at point, they have tons of mediocre ball handlers.

JamStone
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Pistons showed today who the best team in the East truly is. Celts dont belong in our class. What a bunch of overrated pretenders. They cant handle adversity like our boys can.

tie game. nice call.

batboy
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
What a shot by Allen!

BonnerDynasty
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
This will be a good series.

BonnerDynasty
12-19-2007, 09:44 PM
lol owned.

batboy
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Billups is so f'n salty...

J.T.
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice choke by Boston. Dirk would be proud.

batboy
12-19-2007, 09:54 PM
In what way was that a choke?

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I know games not over, but I'm leaving right after the game, so might as well get it in right now.

- We're legit. Detroit's a tough team, and we hung with them. As I'm typing, we're down 3. So barring a complete meltdown, which isn't improbable considering Boston's "play" in the fourth quarter this year, we're not that far off from Detroit.
- Celtics need a second point guard. The offensive flow is completely dead when Rondo's out of the game. I don't care how they get another one, but just get one.
- Can I take back what I said about our second unit being good??
- Gotta cut down on the mistakes. Too many turnovers, bad decisions, bad shots.
- Rebound the ball goddammit.
- Defending the three ball. Man, we got torched today.
- Glen Davis :lmao

Good game tonight !

Boston's legit. I think the only thing people have really been questioning is the 20-2 record. It'll be fun to see the team grow through adversity as they take their lumps playing more on the road, and against better competition. A loss like tonights probably does more for the team in general than 5 double digit wins. It'll only make them stronger. It's good to see Boston be revelant again.

IMO it's all about Orlando, Boston and Detroit in the playoffs for the East.

Cleveland, Washington and Toronto are quite a ways away from the top 3.

Rondo is doing well. I question why Pruitt is not being brought into the fold sooner. He's an upgrade over Tony Allen IMO, and will eventually take the starting job away from Rondo. The bench didn't do much tonight (other than House's 3 late in the 4th ) to make me think depth still isn't the biggest problem.

Look forward to playing you all again!

batboy
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Rondo is doing well. I question why Pruitt is not being brought into the fold sooner. He's an upgrade over Tony Allen IMO, and will eventually take the starting job away from Rondo.

How can you say that when apparently we don't even know Rondo's potential. If he continues to step it up like this, it's his job to lose.

bdubya
12-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Pistons showed today who the best team in the East truly is.

'zackly. The best East team on 12/19/2007.

Celts dont belong in our class. What a bunch of overrated pretenders.

And what the hell game did YOU watch? :rolleyes

Pistons < Spurs
12-19-2007, 10:27 PM
How can you say that when apparently we don't even know Rondo's potential. If he continues to step it up like this, it's his job to lose.
It's nothing against Rondo, I like him and think he's taken too much of a beating by the talking heads. I just believe Gabe can and will be a great player for them, and will eventually take over the #1 spot for them.

Time will tell though.

And my comments have more to do with the origional posters point of needing a backup PG...IMO they already have him.

Kriz-Maxima
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Shitty first half, great ending.

mavsfan1000
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
This thread today proves how much of a homer you really are. So far this season, Boston has been the better team and if Pierce has a slightly better game, Boston wins.

td4mvp21
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I really wanted Orlando and Boston in the ECF's but now I'm thinking Detroit and Boston :drunk

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Boston has been the better team and if Pierce has a slightly better game, Boston wins.

If Tayshaun has a slightly better game, Detroit wins by 10+.

If Detroit played the whole season the way they played the 2nd half tonight, they'd be 25-0.

Wow, what a great way to spin everything.

Thanks.

jochhejaam
12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
This thread today proves how much of a homer you really are. So far this season, Boston has been the better team and if Pierce has a slightly better game, Boston wins.
Good call until you got into the "if" stuff (which makes it a poor post).

If Tayshaun hadn't gone 1-10, if Hayes hadn't gone 1-6...

JamStone
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM

He's an unrealistic homer yes.

But, Pistons deserved the game. First it was in Boston so automatically Boston has an edge. Secondly, there were a bunch of phantom calls early on in the game against Detroit and a missed toe on the line three pointer by Ray Allen. And, if Tayshaun showed up at all, the Pistons win by double digits.

So chill on the if Pierce has a slightly better game.

Was actually an ugly game after the first quarter by both sides. But, it was a competitive game and because it was close late, it was exciting.

Boston has had the better record so far this season. I don't know if I would necessarily say they've been better than the Pistons so far this season, based on the schedules of each team. But, Boston has been very good.

icem
12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
He's an unrealistic homer yes.

But, Pistons deserved the game. First it was in Boston so automatically Boston has an edge. Secondly, there were a bunch of phantom calls early on in the game against Detroit and a missed toe on the line three pointer by Ray Allen. And, if Tayshaun showed up at all, the Pistons win by double digits.

So chill on the if Pierce has a slightly better game.

Was actually an ugly game after the first quarter by both sides. But, it was a competitive game and because it was close late, it was exciting.

Boston has had the better record so far this season. I don't know if I would necessarily say they've been better than the Pistons so far this season, based on the schedules of each team. But, Boston has been very good.

actually, they showed a graphic before the game that stated by win percent, the celtics have actually had an easier schedule thus far than the pistons, its just the pistons have had more road games.

Pistons < Spurs
12-20-2007, 12:51 AM
actually, they showed a graphic before the game that stated by win percent, the celtics have actually had an easier schedule thus far than the pistons, its just the pistons have had more road games.
You said it backwards!

The Pistons schedule has been easier if looking at the win/loss #'s. But like you said, looking at the road games and B2B games, the Pistons road has been tougher.

JamStone
12-20-2007, 01:10 AM
Thank you. Schedule toughness is not just the caliber of opponents but also travel, playing on the road, back-to-backs, and injury to players of either team, among other factors.

sickdsm
12-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Did Doc rivers actually have eddie house running the point for a bit?

I agree on the second PG. An old vet shouldn't be too hard to find to babysit an offense this early.

Score was surprising to me in the first half, seemed as if Boston should have been leading by a lot.

KG certainly didn't look like he was up for this game. I didn't see the bounce in his step like last year even. I just didn't see him fighting for boards or diving on the floor like i've been acccustomed to.

I found it humerous i heard them talking about the strength of Boston's bench when it was a problem area preseason. Role players are a helluva lot easeir to find than your go to guys.

Armando
12-20-2007, 08:30 AM
That was a good game. Boston was a Tony Allen foul from going into overtime. All in all I think this game will help the Celts in the long run. They have been blowing teams out so far. This is the type of game they will see in the playoffs especially against Detroit. It just so happen the ball bounce the Pistons way for a 2 point win.