http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/11388BFC-9290-4141-B0E1-BEA75A1B20F8.htm

Wonder if this qualifies as treason...

ChumpDumper
12-29-2004, 11:47 PM
I think reading Al-Jazeera does.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-30-2004, 01:16 AM
Just following Danno's links ;)

You won't see it on the MSM here, they'd have to admit that those with similar views had lost it.

Duff McCartney
12-30-2004, 01:43 AM
I think the correct response is "Who gives a shit."

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-30-2004, 03:16 AM
That's right, a liberal coming to Saddam's defense is clearly "WGAS", but if it was coming from the other side your igmo ass would be on here screaming about lynchings and firing squads.

Duff McCartney
12-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Actually I'd be saying "Who gives a shit" as well.

sbsquared
12-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Actually, that article was on the Drudge Report yesterday afternoon. I think it's close to treason for Clark to do this - and he's defending Milosivic also! What a putz!!

Clandestino
12-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Who is Ramsey Clark? Salon.com, a left-wing online magazine, once called him "the war criminal's best friend,", adding "The former U.S. attorney general has become the tool of left-wing cultists who defend Slobodan Milosevic, Saddam Hussein and Rwandan torturers as anti-imperialist heroes."

When he flew to Belgrade to support Slobodan Milosevic during NATO's campaign, there was no word about the siege of Sarajevo, the massacre at Srebrenica or the million homeless refugees from Kosovo - and even less of those olfactorily eloquent mass graves that NATO is now uncovering. But then, urging Belgrade to resist NATO, while he was there picking up an honorary degree, he told his hosts, "It will be a great struggle, but a glorious victory. You can be victorious."

In Grenada he went to advise Bernard Coard, the murderer of Prime Minister Maurice Bishop. Other clients include Radovan Karadzic, the indicted Bosnian Serbian war criminal whom he defended in a New York civil suit brought by Bosnian rape victims, and the Rwandan pastor who is accused of telling Tutsis to hide in his church and then summoning Hutus to massacre them, and then leading killing squads.

Incidentaly, Ramsey Clark (brief bio) worked with Vietnam Veterans Against the War, the anti-Vietnam War group lead by John Kerry, and has endorsed Kerry.

As this article notes, Kerry and Clark have longstanding ties:

Clark served as LBJ's Attorney General in the 1960s and then participated in the anti-Vietnam War movement in the early 1970s with Kerry, just back from the war, who accused his fellow soldiers of war crimes and genocide. Clark was a lawyer for Vietnam Veterans Against the War, and Kerry was a major leader of the group. A photograph at the time shows Clark on the same stage with Kerry.
This bio of Clark says:
He also represented PLO leaders in a lawsuit brought by the family of Leon Klinghoffer, the wheelchair bound elderly tourist who was shot and tossed overboard from the hijacked Achille Lauro cruise ship by Palestinian terrorists in 1986. Prior to the start of the second Gulf War, Clark was retained by the state of Iraq, serving as legal counsel for the Hussein regime.

http://billhobbs.com/hobbsonline/004395.html

sbsquared
12-30-2004, 09:53 AM
As I said before - WHAT A PUTZ! He should be ashamed to call himself an American - he should denounce his citizenship and go to a country that will welcome him and his stupid ideals!

ididnotnothat
12-30-2004, 10:02 AM
How dare he speak his mind! Where does he think he lives...in America!?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-30-2004, 01:12 PM
There's a difference between free speech and treason.

CommanderMcBragg
12-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Speaking your mind is now treason?
Damn, there are lot of people in trouble out there!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-30-2004, 01:53 PM
I forgot, let me put on my Iraqi Info. Minister cap:

Saddam Hussein is a good and righteous man. He did not murder those Kurds with chemical weapons. He did not violently kill hundreds of thousands of Shi'ites in an act of genocide after their upheavel after the first Gulf War. These are lies propagated by the infidel Zionists governments of the West.

Now I see where Ramsey's coming from...

dcole50
12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
one nutjob who has affiliated himself with the "left" is praising saddam. the guy is an idiot, so i don’t see what’s so significant about it. it’s not treason, though. it’s just stupidity.

Yonivore
12-30-2004, 02:46 PM
one nutjob who has affiliated himself with the "left" is praising saddam. the guy is an idiot, so i don’t see what’s so significant about it. it’s not treason, though. it’s just stupidity.
He's not just any nutjob...he runs with the elite nutjobs of Demoncrat administrations past.

dcole50
12-30-2004, 03:15 PM
he's a former marine, he won the gandhi peace award, etc., since then, he's become a nutjob.

sbsquared
12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
But he is a former Attorney General - that gives him a certain legitimacy. That's what makes this so sickening to me - he's defending people and causes that are extremely anti-american. This gives our enemies aid and comfort and, I think, causes the US extreme embarrassment!

Yonivore
12-30-2004, 03:42 PM
But he is a former Attorney General - that gives him a certain legitimacy. That's what makes this so sickening to me - he's defending people and causes that are extremely anti-american. This gives our enemies aid and comfort and, I think, causes the US extreme embarrassment!
Yeah, and Jimmy Carter is a former President. That doesn't make him any less an idiot. They're all from the same bag-o-nutjobs.

IcemanCometh
12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/bfd2.gif

Opinionater
12-30-2004, 04:10 PM
^^rack 'im!!^^

Nbadan
12-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Even the guiltiest person deserves a good legal defense, but maybe the hatred for Clark has other roots...

A Report on United States War Crimes Against Iraq to the Commission of Inquiry for the International War Crimes Tribunal

by Ramsey Clark and Others

http://deoxy.org/gif/torched.jpg
(Photo Credit: © 1991 Kenneth Jarecke / Contact Press Images)

Incinerated body of an Iraqi soldier on the "Highway of Death," a name the press has given to the road from Mutlaa, Kuwait, to Basra, Iraq. U.S. planes immobilized the convoy by disabling vehicles at its front and rear, then bombing and straffing the resulting traffic jam for hours. More than 2,000 vehicles and tens of thousands of charred and dismembered bodies littered the sixty miles of highway. The clear rapid incineration of the human being suggests the use of napalm, phosphorus, or other incindiary bombs. These are anti-personnel weapons outlawed under the 1977 Geneva Protocols. This massive attack occurred after Saddam Hussein announced a complete troop withdrawl from Kuwait in compliance with UN Resolution 660. Such a massacre of withdrawing Iraqi soldiers violates the Geneva Convention of 1949, common article 3, which outlaws the killing of soldiers who "are out of combat." There are, in addition, strong indications that many of those killed were Palestinian and Kuwaiti civilians trying to escape the impending seige of Kuwait City and the return of Kuwaiti armed forces. No attempt was made by U.S. military command to distinguish between military personnel and civilians on the "highway of death." The whole intent of international law with regard to war is to prevent just this sort of indescriminate and excessive use of force.

"It has never happened in history that a nation that has won a war has been held accountable for atrocities committed in preparing for and waging that war. We intend to make this one different. What took place was the use of technological material to destroy a defenseless country. From 125,000 to 300,000 people were killed... We recognize our role in history is to bring the transgressors to justice." Ramsey Clark

Ramsey Clark served as U.S. Attorney General in the administration of Lyndon Johnson. He is the convener of the Commission of Inquiry and a human rights lawyer of world-wide respect. This report was given in New York, May 11, 1991.

more...

Link (http://deoxy.org/wc/warcrime.htm)