PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 2007-08 Season Act II

Guajalote
12-19-2007, 10:42 PM
I fully understand that TP is out. That being said-

Welcome to that second part of the season that we Spurs fans annually refer to as the...

"Win 70% of our games/embarrassing losses to teams like the Grizz and the Hawks/wait until after the rodeo road trip" portion of the season.

Hang tight, Spurs fans. It'll get better. It always does.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Pretty much the story for every season.
Eventually they'll pull through.
And it works. :tu

THE SIXTH MAN
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I fully understand that TP is out. That being said-

Welcome to that second part of the season that we Spurs fans annually refer to as the...

"Win 70% of our games/embarrassing losses to teams like the Grizz and the Hawks/wait until after the rodeo road trip" portion of the season.

Hang tight, Spurs fans. It'll get better. It always does.
Yeah there's a lot of fair weather fans here. Loses like these are going to happen. Get over the loss and look forward to the next game.

Dex
12-19-2007, 10:48 PM
:tu

That loss stung about as much as a regular season loss can sting. The only way that could've sucked more is if WE were the team that was once-up 23.

That being said, I won't lose any sleep over it tonight. It's a long season, and we generally get a lot more ups than downs.

Were this a playoff game, I'd be firebombing already.

easjer
12-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah there's a lot of fair weather fans here. Loses like these are going to happen. Get over the loss and look forward to the next game.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy the losses.

They are excruciating to watch.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-19-2007, 10:54 PM

They are excruciating to watch.
:lol Oh I don't enjoy loses either. I'm just not going to disown them because of these loses. But like Dex said, if this were a playoff game I'd be pissed!

Extra Stout
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Every year, the Spurs win right around 58 games. They swoon in winter. They surge in March. They will go 40-17 the rest of the way. They'll finish like 20-4. So, that means we have to trudge through a 20-13 stretch with lots of stinkers. Fans will jump off the bandwagon and beg for trades. People will prepare their shower rods. I've been one of those fans. Not anymore.

duncan228
12-19-2007, 11:15 PM
SPAM.

It will happen.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-19-2007, 11:16 PM

hear, hear!

Losing to Memphis is a joke. :lol

Entertainment wise, I'd still like to see the Spurs break hearts, like they own the crown for once, and would rather stomp on team's hearts than let them back in.
Instead they continue to give the little guys, those "best shot/game of my life!" games, like the Tmacs, D. Howards, Fishers, and the list keeps going and going. :lol

Oh well..I guess it's part of the Spurs team's personality for a while. I'll take the occasional heartbreakers, as long as they continue to get the last laugh in June I don't care.

ShoogarBear
12-19-2007, 11:20 PM
I think of this as the "No way am I coaching that #$@! All-Star game" phase of the year.

m33p0
12-20-2007, 08:09 AM
you gotta understand. our best player is a child of the tropics. winter doesn't suite him well. its during the summer that he shines.