PDA

View Full Version : Tim needs the ball more...

TDfan2007
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Okay so if I'm a player playing with the best big man in the NBA I'd try and get him the ball a LOT more than the Spurs did tonight. With Tony out Tim should never only have 14 FGAs, that's just not going to cut it. But whatever, this game had "loss" written all over it before the tip.

And wtf is up with Manu? The man seems to have completely lost his shooting stroke and is turning into a walking turnover. I just hope he goes back to the superManu that we all know he can be.

Seriously though, I can't wait for Tony to get back.

Vinny Del Negro
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
The fact that opposing teams never think to double team him should make this a pretty obvious point.

spursRgay
12-20-2007, 01:06 AM
the more the spurs keep the ball out of duncan's hands the better...for the rest of the NBA

TMTTRIO
12-20-2007, 01:10 AM
I agree with you that Tim needs the ball a lot more then he's getting it and speaking of Manu, I didn't get to watch the game but Bill Schoening said this hand injury flaired up again and he had to leave pretty quickly after coming into the game to ice it down and that he was clutching his hand a lot so I don't know what's really going on with that. I saw the game near the end and you could see it was really bothering him but he continued to play anyways. With the way he's playing this poorly I'd say sit him out on Saturday and let him fully recover from whatever it is but I agree Manu hasn't been able to shoot anymore.

BonnerDynasty
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Nah, Finley's 3 pt shooting will carry us to 10 more rings.

TheAuthority
12-20-2007, 05:05 AM
the more the spurs keep the ball out of duncan's hands the better...for the rest of the NBA

:lol

dbreiden83080
12-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Tim does need the ball more. Without Tony in the game he needs to get up more than 14 shots. He has looked good since he has been back both shooting and rebounding the ball but he has got to touch it more in games like last night.

Soul_Patch
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
We need Matt Boner to take more clutch possible game winning shots.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Bill Schoening said this hand injury flaired up again and he had to leave pretty quickly after coming into the game to ice it down and that he was clutching his hand a lot so I don't know what's really going on with that. I saw the game near the end and you could see it was really bothering him but he continued to play anyways. With the way he's playing this poorly I'd say sit him out on Saturday and let him fully recover from whatever it is but I agree Manu hasn't been able to shoot anymore.

Manu hasn't been shooting well jumper wise, since before the Portland game. Even in Dallas it was off so he had to keep on driving and was on an adrenaline rush.
Hopefully Manu's hand heals come January. Then his O will be back.

Tim does need the ball more. Without Tony in the game he needs to get up more than 14 shots. He has looked good since he has been back both shooting and rebounding the ball but he has got to touch it more in games like last night.

Tim sat the whole third quarter it looked like. It was one game, he should have gotten it more yeah, but I think Pop didn't care so much to put the onus on Tim, he was really mixing up the rotations seeing how Udoka fared. I think Finley and Barry could have gave Tim the ball more but whatever from what I saw last night.

timvp
12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Bill Schoening said this hand injury flaired up again and he had to leave pretty quickly after coming into the game to ice it downSchoening must have missed Ginobili letting Mike Miller go middle and get all the way to the basket for a layup. That kind of defense will land anyone on the team on the bench for a wakeup reminder.