PDA

View Full Version : Rank your Top Five teams

SpursDynasty
12-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Here are mine

1. Spurs/Celtics - Tied for #1 because although Boston is 20-3, you can't form an opinion until they play more elites. They've only played one elite (Detroit) and only lost that game by 2 on a bonehead foul at the end of regulation.....Spurs are tied for #1 because they hold the top record in the harder conference, the West.
3. Pistons - Although it was a bonehead move on Boston with that foul, nice win tonight. Big statement game, and these guys are definitely above the inconsistent Phoenix and Dallas. 2nd best in the East behind Boston.
4. Phoenix - You all have everyone's number except S.A. with the Big Three intact.
5. Dallas - You guys are only here because Utah has completely flaked out of the West picture. They wouldn't even be in the playoffs if the playoffs started today. Portland would. So really, if Utah cared enough, Dallas wouldn't even be in the top five. It's about what Utah isn't doing, rather than what Dallas is doing.

I think it's clear that these are now the top five teams in the NBA...Utah looked promising and I hope they come back and kick Dallas out, really wanted them to be a top five team. Houston had a lot of pre-season hype, but flaked out.

And I'm tempted to put the L.A. Lakers as the 6th best team in the NBA. Also, big props to Golden State for sitting at 15-11 after opening 0-6 without Jackson.

So there it is: Spurs, Celtics, Pistons, Suns, Mavs. The top five in the NBA.

Who are yours?

Findog
12-20-2007, 02:40 AM
Top Five Josh Daniels Band shows from 2007:

1. Fouts Field in Denton
2. Bennigans in Frisco
3. Fourth of July acoustic set at White Rock Lake
4. Buffalo Wild Wings in Grand Prairie
5. Club Clearview in Deep Ellum (This should've been the Baja Fresh in McKinney, but it's about what the Baja Fresh in McKinney didn't do, as opposed to what Club Clearview did.)

mavsfan1000
12-20-2007, 02:58 AM
1. San Antonio
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Boston
5. Detroit

Findog
12-20-2007, 03:16 AM
1. San Antonio
2. Detroit
3. Boston
4. Dallas
5. Phoenix

Dirk Nowitzki
12-20-2007, 03:45 AM
1.)Cowboys
2.)Frisco Roughriders
3.)Southlake Carol Dragons
4.)Irving Nimititz Vikings
5.)Mavericks

Armando
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
1-Boston
2-Phoenix
3-San Antonio
4-Detroit
5-Orlando

dirk4mvp
12-20-2007, 11:59 AM

1. Fouts Field in Denton
2. Bennigans in Frisco
5. Club Clearview in Deep Ellum (This should've been the Baja Fresh in McKinney, but it's about what the Baja Fresh in McKinney didn't do, as opposed to what Club Clearview did.)

:lmao

BonnerDynasty
12-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Spurs
Celtics
Pistons/PHX/Dallas

I can't put the Pistons ahead of the Celtics after their performance/lack of heart the last two years.

peskypesky
12-20-2007, 12:06 PM
for entertainment value? the Knicks.

peskypesky
12-20-2007, 12:08 PM
power rankings:
1. San Antonio
2. Detroit
3. Boston
4. Phoenix
5. Dallas

DallasFan
12-20-2007, 12:16 PM
1-Boston
2-Phoenix
3-San Antonio
4-Detroit
5-Orlando

??? Phoenix ahead of Dallas and the Spurs? Detroit way behind the Celtics? Do you watch the NBA or is this YMCA teams?

stretch
12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
??? Phoenix ahead of Dallas and the Spurs? Detroit way behind the Pistons? Do you watch the NBA or is this YMCA teams?
:wtf

Detroit and Pistons are the same...

Armando
12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
??? Phoenix ahead of Dallas and the Spurs? Detroit way behind the Pistons? Do you watch the NBA or is this YMCA teams?

Phoenix and the Spurs have near identical records so you can rank them how ever you like. As for the Pistons even though they beat Boston last night that still does not erase the fact they imploded the last 2 years in the East Finals. So I am going with Boston for now at the top spot.

DallasFan
12-20-2007, 12:22 PM
:wtf

Detroit and Pistons are the same...

My bad...thanks.

BobcatsDynasty
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
1. Bobcats
2. Mavericks
3. Hornets
4. Suns
5. Spurs

DallasFan
12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Phoenix and the Spurs have near identical records so you can rank them how ever you like. As for the Pistons even though they beat Boston last night that still does not erase the fact they imploded the last 2 years in the East Finals. So I am going with Boston for now at the top spot.

Well, then you would be ranking them by LAST YEAR'S run, which would mean that the Mavs would be at the top..until May...we all know that they are not there as of now. The teams should be ranked on how they are playing right now.

Considering Tim and Tony have been out, I give the Spurs the top seed:

1) Spurs
2) Pistons
3) Celtics
4) Mavs
5) Suns

I would actually rank the Suns ahead of the Mavs had you guys beaten us...it's still a long season. I'm interested to see how the Pistons and Celtics fare against the West. Orlando played us tough for the most part.

BonnerDynasty
12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I ranked them based on ceiling/potential.

Armando
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Well, then you would be ranking them by LAST YEAR'S run, which would mean that the Mavs would be at the top..until May...we all know that they are not there as of now. The teams should be ranked on how they are playing right now.

Considering Tim and Tony have been out, I give the Spurs the top seed:

1) Spurs
2) Pistons
3) Celtics
4) Mavs
5) Suns

I would actually rank the Suns ahead of the Mavs had you guys beaten us...it's still a long season. I'm interested to see how the Pistons and Celtics fare against the West. Orlando played us tough for the most part.

Pistons and Celtics will likely split the games with the Mavs,Spurs and Suns and likely sweep the majority of the weaker West teams.

bdubya
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Okay, so Detroit's taking a hit for ECF meltdowns last season and the season before; Boston's taking a hit for one bad play last night. Keeping that in mind....

Spurs are tied for #2 record, and are the defending champs. But they just lost to the freakin' Grizz. They have to be marked down for that. Plus losing to the Mavs in '06, and the Lakers in '04? PuhLEEZE....

Pistons have the same record as the Spurs despite having had to start Afflalo for Rip in a couple of games as well as starting Max for Dice occasionally. And their backup point guard hasn't played a single minute yet. The only things stopping me from putting the Pistons at #1 are the two losses to Chicago and the two ECF meltdowns in previous seasons. Oh, and getting swept by Boston in the '02 playoffs, can't forget that embarrassment.

As for Boston? Even before the Allen foul, they had the Pistons down, but couldn't put the dagger in. That's not #1 material. But their record does speak for itself. And any team that no longer has Antoine Walker probably deserves a bump up in the standings just on principle. So they rank high, but not at the top.

Orlando's gone 4-6 in their last ten. If that wasn't bad enough, they took a chance on Darko. They're out.

Dallas has a good record and a recent WC championship banner, and a lot of good small-ball players in a small ball league. But the Suns have a better record, and a point guard with the most lopsided blood pressure/clotting factor ratio in the league. Plus Barkley really abuses Wade in those commercials. So my top five are

1) <vacant>
2) <Tie> Boston, SA, Det
5) Phoenix

The world needs more threads like this.

batboy
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM

1. Fouts Field in Denton
2. Bennigans in Frisco

lol

z0sa
12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
top 5, in terms of how they're doing NOW:

San antonio (short as many as two of the big three at a time and still at the top?)
Boston (its a tossup between them and detroit)
Phoenix
Detroit
gs

JamStone
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
top 5, in terms of how they're doing NOW:

San antonio (short as many as two of the big three at a time and still at the top?)
Boston (its a tossup between them and detroit)
Phoenix
Detroit
gs

Not that I disagree with you, but if it's a toss up between Boston and Detroit, why do you rank Phoenix in between them?

bdubya
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Not that I disagree with you, but if it's a toss up between Boston and Detroit, why do you rank Phoenix in between them?

Because Detroit's way behind the Pistons, naturally. :drunk

z0sa
12-20-2007, 01:57 PM

you know, maybe its just a tossup for all three :spin

I honestly think boston is better than detroit in terms of talent, but these are proven losers against a team that still has the same core (minus ben wallace) which won the championship easily in 2004.

the only problem is flip. not that doc rivers is any better. or mike d'antoni. you know, in a poll, i wonder who would be voted the best coach out of those three?

spursRgay
12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
1)Mavs
2)Mavs when they play like retards
3)Spurs
4)Suns
5)Pistons

Kriz-Maxima
12-20-2007, 06:14 PM
1. Spurs
2. Boston
3. Suns
4. Dallas
5. Miami, just because

JamStone
12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
In no particular order, Spurs, Celtics, Suns, Mavs, and Pistons. I'm not convinced any of them (despite the Celtics overall record) have significantly separated themselves from the rest of that group of five, with the possible exception of the Spurs because how well they've played when Duncan first got injured and sat out. But, even that has been tempered with a couple questionable losses late without Parker. I think those are the five best teams but I'm not sure how I'd rank them 1-5.

mikejones99
12-21-2007, 04:28 AM
1. SA 2. PHX 3. DEN 4. UTAH 5. BOS 6. DET east teams get to play many gmes against shit

Shank
12-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Utah?

DallasFan
12-21-2007, 12:32 PM
1. SA 2. PHX 3. DEN 4. UTAH 5. BOS 6. DET east teams get to play many gmes against shit

Denver?

mavsfan1000
12-21-2007, 01:24 PM
I guess we know which team you hate.

MrChug
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
1. San Antonio Spurs-Forever
2. Golden State Warriors- '89-97 & Present Day
3. Dallas Cowboys- Present Day
4. Houston Astros- 2005
5. Da Bulls- Forever

tlongII
12-21-2007, 02:29 PM
1. Blazers
2. Blazers