PDA

View Full Version : Express-News: Parker sues Web site that claimed affair

some_user86
12-20-2007, 06:20 AM
Parker sues Web site that claimed affair

Web Posted: 12/20/2007 12:38 AM CST

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Tony Parker has sued a celebrity gossip Web site that published stories claiming he had an affair with a French model.
The San Antonio Spurs star sued X17online.com on Wednesday in Superior Court, alleging it posted a series of "false and defamatory" stories claiming Parker cheated on his wife, actress Eva Longoria. He's seeking at least $40 million in damages.

"This is false. It never happened. And X17 had to know that the story was false, or, at the very least, it had to have entertained serious doubts about the credibility of its supposed source," the lawsuit said.

The lawsuit also alleged that X17 never contacted Parker, Longoria or their representatives before running the stories, and refused to retract them after being told the claims were false.
An after-hour call to X17's Beverly Hills office was not immediately returned.

Last week, the Web site posted a story that said the model Alexandra Paressant told X17 that she had a two-month affair with Parker. The story said Paressant told X17 she attended Parker's wedding last summer, where the French soccer star Thierry Henry introduced her to the basketball star.

"No one from X17 attempted to contact Mr. Henry, who ... would have told them in no uncertain terms that this woman was not at the wedding," the lawsuit said, adding that Parker has never met anyone named Alexandra Paressant.

"If this woman exists, he has no way of knowing whether she is one of the many fans who have, from time to time, managed to obtain his cell phone number and called or left messages or who may have engaged him in conversation."

Parker is seeking damages for defamation and invasion of privacy. The lawsuit seeks a court injunction ordering X17 to stop publishing the stories.

Parker and Longoria defended their marriage last week.

"I love my wife," Parker said in a statement from Longoria's spokeswoman, Liza Anderson. "She's the best thing in my life, and I have never been happier."

"Tony has been nothing short of the perfect husband," said Longoria, who stars on ABC's "Desperate Housewives."

LINK: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA122007.ap.parker.lawsuit.32913f73.html

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
ONLY REASON his going to sue

he fukn knows a fuckn divorce will make him a poor man kidd

Kori Ellis
12-20-2007, 08:02 AM
what country's libel laws will apply in this case?

french or american?

in america it's relatively hard to prove libel...don't know aboot france

He has a pretty good case for defamation.

x17online has some obligation to at least check out the validity of the story .. and they didn't. They just ran with it without even hinting that it could be false. Their headlines were stuff like "Parker's mistress speaks" etc. They printed 10 stories about it in 8 days - all saying that it was true, they had proof etc. I know their 'job' is to write about gossip. But they should have at least thrown in the word "alleged" in front of the word "affair" every once in a while.

There's a lot of specific stuff they could have verified and didn't. The girl says Thierry was with her at Tony's wedding and that he introduced them. Thierry says that the girl wasn't even at the wedding. Just basics.

TDMVPDPOY
12-20-2007, 08:02 AM
he shouldn't had married, and kept on banging

Twisted_Dawg
12-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Also I think he...and Eva....are drawing a line in the sand warning other media sources they will be sued in the future for libelous stories.

Sort of a pre-emptive strike to stop the gossip articles from taking on a life of their own.

Taco
12-20-2007, 08:41 AM
ONLY REASON his going to sue

he fukn knows a fuckn divorce will make him a poor man kidd

he shouldn't had married, and kept on banging

A Tony hater huh?

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 08:47 AM
40 million dollars in damages sounds a bit steep.

People gossip about people all the time. It's hurtful sure, but it is something everyone has to deal with- and most of us without financial reimbursment.

The more disturbing thought to me though is I realize that 40 million is just a tiny percentage of what publications like that bring in.

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 08:50 AM
And it seems to me that this magazine is hardly going to be deterred by being sued.

They are all about press, obviously not ethics.

I think Tony and Eva should have ignored them completely from the beginning- killed them with forgiveness so to speak.

Shelly
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
I linked it in the other Tony thread, but here are the court documents. TMZ, who provided them, still says $20 million. I don't see in the documents where the total amount is specified?

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/1219_eva_tony_wm.pdf

Shelly
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Angel, they aren't a magazine. They are a paparazzi agency that has an online blog.

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Angel, they aren't a magazine. They are a paparazzi agency that has an online blog.

Oh that's right.

Well same principle applies: Ignore bad behavior.

People quickly lose interest in one sided stories.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2007, 01:10 PM
And it seems to me that this magazine is hardly going to be deterred by being sued.

They are all about press, obviously not ethics.

I think Tony and Eva should have ignored them completely from the beginning- killed them with forgiveness so to speak.

Sorry it's the frickin' principle of the matter. You can't print flat out lies without even attempting to find out if they are true without have some consquence. I applaud them for not just ignore them. Obviously Tony and Eva don't need $20 million + . And that's not the point.

What if Eva and Tony didn't have a strong marriage and Eva believed the allegations and it caused their divorce? How much do you think it would worth then? I think it's awesome that Tony decided to sue about it.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh that's right.

Well same principle applies: Ignore bad behavior.

People quickly lose interest in one sided stories.

Really? Is that why x17online published 10 stories talking about Tony's "affair" in 7 days with no end in sight and had millions and millions of readers?

thispego
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM
tony and eva will donate all the money they win from the case. it's not about the money. it's about sticking it to these bottom feeding piece of shit privacy invaders. they should all be killed execution style in front of their families.

peewee's lovechild
12-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Tony should sue for $250 million.

It would set a precedent and finally deter all the other god damn leeches from doing the same.

peewee's lovechild
12-20-2007, 01:20 PM
And, can someone please kill Perez Hilton?!?!?

Melmart1
12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
The fact that none of the other gossip sites really did much other than mention 'allegations' and then let it go tells me that it likely isn't true. There is nothing they like better than a scandal and if this was true, it would be all over the place. But it is really just on x17.

spursfan09
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm glad he is suing. I think it shows he really didn't do anything. If he did he would be trying to avoid the whole situation. The website will get what it deserves for not seeking the truth and just gossiping up a story that could have destroyed a marriage.

fred33
12-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Germany's Next Topmodel“-Finalistin
Internet-Terror
gegen Hana Nitsche
„X17“ dichtet ihr Affäre mit Longoria-Ehemann an
Von S. KUSCHEL
Frankfurt – Wer hat die schöne Hana denn hier so böse aufs Kreuz gelegt?

Sie wurde mit Heidi Klums Show „Germany's Next Topmodel“ berühmt. Mittlerweile modelt Hana Nitsche (22) für große, internationale Auftraggeber und soll neuerdings die Geliebte von Basketball-Star und Eva-Longoria-Ehemann Tony Parker (25) sein. BITTE? Internet-Terror gegen Hana!

Warum wurde die
schöne Hana so
reingelegt?

Ihre Beziehung war
Ziel des üblen Angriffs:
Tony Parker & Eva Longoria
In dem US-Internet-Forum „X17“ tauchte ein Video auf. Darin sagt Hana: „Ich habe mit Tony geschlafen“, berichtete die Zeitschrift „in“. Hana wurde im Film als das Model „Alexandra Paressant“ bezeichnet. Was sagt die hübsche Deutsche zu den Vorwürfen?

„Alles kompletter Blödsinn. Vor ein paar Monaten hat mich diese Alexandra Paressant per Internet kontaktiert. Später rief sie sogar an, erzählte, sie säße mit wichtigen Filmleuten in einer Bar.“ Hana sollte der Unbekannten ein Casting-Video schicken.

Hana zu BILD: „Das sollte für irgendeinen Liebesfilm sein. Ich dachte mir nichts dabei. Ich sollte die vorgeschriebenen Sätze sagen. Um welchen Tony es ging, wusste ich nicht. Außerdem liebe ich meinen Freund Moussa.“

Die beiden sind seit zwei Jahren ein Paar. Welche Konsequenzen hat das vermeintliche Liebesvideo nun für Hana? „Ich amüsier mich darüber.“

Tony Parker nimmt die Sache ernster. Er will die US-Internet- Agentur „X17“ verklagen – auf 20 Millionen Dollar wegen der bösen Ehebrecher-Gerüchte.

fred33
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
it"s on bild.de the german site

thispego
12-20-2007, 01:41 PM
thanks for the contribution, fred

easjer
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Angel - just because you sue for a certain doesn't mean you get that amount or anything like it. That's just about trying to prove a point. Actual damages and pain and suffering are very subjective, and you have to prove actual financial damages to get much of the money (lost revenue from cancelled appearances, endorsements, etc).

And as someone else said, they are likely to donate any money that comes from the lawsuit - at least, that's been their MO in the past.

Barbarian
12-20-2007, 01:52 PM
:lol

Sp Ginobili 20
12-20-2007, 02:23 PM
:lolI laughed at that one too. :lol

Shelly
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
The fact that none of the other gossip sites really did much other than mention 'allegations' and then let it go tells me that it likely isn't true. There is nothing they like better than a scandal and if this was true, it would be all over the place. But it is really just on x17.

Exactly! I mentioned that in the other Tony thread. All the gossip sites feed off each other and despite what some people may think, TMZ is usually pretty accurate. Even People didn't run with story.

If they didn't sue, people would just assume he's guilty. They already did---especially because he never said he didn't cheat on her. He only said he loves his wife and people took that as an admission of guilt.

Melmart1
12-20-2007, 03:57 PM
Exactly! I mentioned that in the other Tony thread. All the gossip sites feed off each other and despite what some people may think, TMZ is usually pretty accurate. Even People didn't run with story.

If they didn't sue, people would just assume he's guilty. They already did---especially because he never said he didn't cheat on her. He only said he loves his wife and people took that as an admission of guilt.
Yeah, if the story had any credibility it would be everywhere. It might be everywhere now, but only because of the lawsuit and not because the story is true.

Shelly
12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Interesting info about X-17

http://www.jossip.com/paparazzi/x17-messed-with-the-wrong-baller-20071220/

X17 Messed With the Wrong Baller
The agency's sordid past catches up with it

x17logo.jpg

Notoriously litigious paparazzi agency X17 is getting its ass handed to it in a new lawsuit launched by basketball player Tony Parker, husband of Eva Longoria. Filed yesterday, the San Antonio Spurs point guard is seeking $20 million in damages for defamation and invasion of privacy after X17 claimed he cheated, in a series of published text messages, on his now-wife with French model Alexandra Paressant.

“X17 had to know that the story was false, or at the very least, it had to have entertained serious doubts about the credibility of its supposed source,” says Parker in the suit. “No one from X17 attempted to contact Mr. Henry, who … would have told them in no uncertain terms that this woman was not at the wedding.” Nor would they retract their statements when Parker’s camp argued the allegations were false.

This is only the latest in harsh attention X17 – who we’ve had our share of dealings with – has attracted for itself by trying to build a web presence. A number of celebrity weeklies we’ve spoke with have grown wary of the agency because it publishes, on its own website, so many of the photos it then tries to take to market and sell; to tabloid editors, it’s making less and less sense to purchase images (even for a few thousand dollars for the inside pages) that X17 is using to double-dip for revenue.

And X17 is making even fewer friends inside the paparazzi scene. Its egregiously aggressive tactics in stalking celebrities and chasing down photos have resulted in a number of horror stories told to us personally, from driving other photographers off the road to sending threatening emails and phone calls to other paparazzi to stay away from their turf, or else.

Their M.O. is particularly aggressive when it comes to train wreck Britney Spears, who’s long been reported inside the industry to be receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars each month from X17 to constantly alert them to where she’s going to be ahead of other agencies. It’s also turned X17 VP Brandy Navarre into a self-professed Britney expert, and drawn ire (and rolled eyes) from fellow agency chiefs.

On her end, Britney is said to be responsible for changing her look on a near daily basis to ensure each set of photos is marketable. (Celebs who know better will wear the same outfit multiple days in a row, making successive shots essentially worthless, and the business of stalking them not very profitable.)

It came as no surprise when X17 and Britney teamed up to sell a signed CD for “charity”; calls to UNICEF, where the $7,000 winning bid was supposedly destined for, can’t confirm they ever received the donation

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry it's the frickin' principle of the matter. You can't print flat out lies without even attempting to find out if they are true without have some consquence. I applaud them for not just ignore them. Obviously Tony and Eva don't need $20 million + . And that's not the point.

What if Eva and Tony didn't have a strong marriage and Eva believed the allegations and it caused their divorce? How much do you think it would worth then? I think it's awesome that Tony decided to sue about it.

Really? Is that why x17online published 10 stories talking about Tony's "affair" in 7 days with no end in sight and had millions and millions of readers?

I am coming back to this conversation late as I worked all day.

You are entitled to your point of view. It is valid as it is how you would handle the situation.

I personally don't feel that idle gossip is worth my time or concern.
The people who truly know and love me know the truth about me.
And I am not the least bit concerned with clearing my name for the gossipy naysayers of the world.
Let them rage on.

As for this particular situation: The only one Tony needs to convince me he loves and is faithful to Eva is Eva.

Just one girl's opinion.

That is not to say Tony, Eva, whomever/ whenever should not proceed as they see fit.
That is their judgement call to make.

J.T.
12-20-2007, 07:38 PM

:lmao

Kori Ellis
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM

You are entitled to your point of view. It is valid as it is how you would handle the situation.

And I am not the least bit concerned with clearing my name for the gossipy naysayers of the world.
Let them rage on.

As for this particular situation: The only one Tony needs to convince me he loves and is faithful to Eva is Eva.

Just one girl's opinion.

That is not to say Tony, Eva, whomever/ whenever should not proceed as they see fit.

I seriously doubt you would let someone trash you in public everyday and not care at all about it. And there's difference between a little gossip and someone saying they have proof you are committing adultery. That's a big accusation.

And I'm surprised you would think that it's okay to allow websites to carry on like this without any consequence.

But hey, you aren't Tony or Eva and neither am I.

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
I seriously doubt you would let someone trash you in public everyday and not care at all about it. And there's difference between a little gossip and someone saying they have proof you are committing adultery. That's a big accusation.

And I'm surprised you would think that it's okay to allow websites to carry on like this without any consequence.

But hey, you aren't Tony or Eva and neither am I.

You were right, Kori, that I would care if people trashed me.

But how I feel about mean things said about me privately and the noise I would make about it publicly are two very different things.

Have you ever noticed the way I don't get angry or run crying to you when people used to post mean threads about me?

If there was funny material in there I would joke about it. Otherwise I would let it go.

I am not big enough news ( yet :fro) to have people talking about me in a big way- negative or otherwise.

I don't think websites like that are worth anyone's time of day.

We are all outraged by different injustices, which is good because there are plenty of areas in the world in which change needs to be effected.

Because the gossip site is minor deal to me, in no way takes away from the Parkers' right (and possibly even responsibility) to take action against them.

Kori Ellis
12-20-2007, 08:15 PM
:lol You can't compare people making fun of you to someone saying they have proof you committed adultery.

I guess when you are married, you will understand it more. Because right now, I don't think you are getting it. It's not like they said Tony was jerk or Eva was a bitch. This a whole different thing.

When someone accuses you of cheating on your spouse, even if one person believes them, it's horrible.

It's different than someone making fun of someone's looks, how they dress, their job or whatever.

angel_luv
12-20-2007, 08:29 PM
:lol You can't compare people making fun of you to someone saying they have proof you committed adultery.

I guess when you are married, you will understand it more. Because right now, I don't think you are getting it. It's not like they said Tony was jerk or Eva was a bitch. This a whole different thing.

When someone accuses you of cheating on your spouse, even if one person believes them, it's horrible.

It's different than someone making fun of someone's looks, how they dress, their job or whatever.

Like I said, I am a small fry, a tater tot :) if you will.

I have no great stories to compare with that of a celebrity- or married person apparently.

The world is a mean place, no matter what stage you're in.

My great consolation is knowing that God and my mama always have my back.

Worrying gives me wrinkles, so I try not to. :)

peewee's lovechild
12-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm with Kori on this one.

If someone were to bring my private life into public light by means of lies, I would be out for blood.

Shelly
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Not only that, but if Tony wins the lawsuit, X-17 will think twice before pulling this shit again without getting their facts straight. Because then others will follow suit. Unfortunately, it comes at Tony's expense.

I personally believe Mark Cuban put this broad up to it :nerd

spursfan09
12-20-2007, 10:09 PM

Let them rage on.

Just one girl's opinion.

But theres a difference, Tony is actually adored by fans all over. I have a feeling he cares some what about how people percieve him. And I don't think if a random site posted untrue things about you threatening your marriage you would "ignore" it. I would be so pissed off and would not take it seating down.

peewee's lovechild
12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I personally believe Mark Cuban put this broad up to it :nerd

I hope it was him so the NBA can ban him for life.

~Sweetmelody~
12-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Angel, I respectfully disagree. I get what your saying, but we don’t make our living in the public eye. Eva and Tony do. They have a lot more to loose; the biggest thing-- their marriage. It is bad enough when a couple is separated frequently because of work, compounded by your regular marriage issues. But for someone to Falsely spread rumors about your marriage-- that is crossing the line.

THE SIXTH MAN
12-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Angel, I respectfully disagree. I get what your saying, but we don’t make our living in the public eye. Eva and Tony do. They have a lot more to loose; the biggest thing-- their marriage. It is bad enough when a couple is separated frequently because of work, compounded by your regular marriage issues. But for someone to Falsely spread rumors about your marriage-- that is crossing the line.
:tu True. And the tabloids, gossip sites don't just stop and let things die down. They will continue and continue as long as the story generates any kind of interest.

fred33
12-21-2007, 02:16 AM
FRENCH ARTICLE LE FIGARO Tony Parker à son tour piégé par les dérives d'Internet

Jean-Marc Philibert
20/12/2007 | Mise à jour : 20:56 | .

Le champion, marié à Eva Longoria, réclame 40 millions de dollars de dommages et intérêts à un site américain. Crédits photo : ASSOCIATED PRESS
Le basketteur vedette est accusé sur un site américain d'avoir trompé sa femme avec un top-modèle français... reine de l'affabulation.
Il est riche, célèbre, marié à une femme de rêve et c'est la dernière victime en date de la rumeur sur Internet. Le basketteur vedette Tony Parker a porté plainte,hier contre le site people X17online.com qui l'accuse, témoignage à l'appui, d'avoir trompé sa femme. Hébergé aux États-Unis, le site affirme que le meneur de jeu de l'équipe de basket des San Antonio Spurs entretiendrait une relation extraconjugale avec le top-modèle français Alexandra Paressant depuis deux mois. Une accusation plus qu'embarrassante pour le jeune Français de 25 ans dont le mariage avec la «Desperate Housewife» Eva Longoria, le 7 juillet dernier au château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, avait fait la une de la presse mondiale. Accusant X17online.com d'avoir relayé des informations «fausses et diffamatoires», le basketteur réclame 40 millions de dollars (27 millions d'euros) de dommages et intérêts.

Il ne devrait pas avoir de mal à obtenir gain de cause sur le fond. Car Alexandra Paressant, dont les photos s'étalent sur plus de 100 000 pages Internet, n'est pas vraiment celle que l'on croit. La jeune brune aux yeux bleus, qui dit être née en 1981 à La Baule et dont le site personnel diffuse une chanson de... Tony Parker, affirme notamment avoir été la maîtresse des footballeurs Ronaldinho et Thierry Henry. Ce dernier l'aurait d'ailleurs présentée à Tony Parker durant son mariage au mois de juillet.

À l'entendre, la jeune femme aurait d'ailleurs un carnet d'adresses plus que rempli. Tout ce que le site communautaire MySpace compte de personnalités figure en effet parmi ses amis. Rien d'étonnant a priori pour un supermannequin qui émarge auprès des plus grandes agences. Problème : dans les agences en question, on ne la connaît pas.

«Cette fille n'a absolument jamais travaillé pour nous, explique-t-on ainsi chez Major Model Agency à Paris. Nous avons effectivement reçu des photos de cette personne, mais nous ne l'avons jamais vue. Ces photos ont même l'air de provenir de filles différentes. Chaque fois que nous avons essayé de la rencontrer, elle s'est défilée. C'est comme si elle s'était inventé un personnage de top-modèle.» De la même façon, chez L'Oréal Paris, personne ne connaît la jeune femme qui affirme pourtant avoir signé avec la marque de cosmétiques un contrat d'image de trois ans. «C'est une affabulatrice, une folle. Cette fille construit sa carrière sur du mensonge. Elle n'a jamais travaillé pour nous», explique-t-on au siège de la marque. De quoi rassurer Tony Parker et surtout Eva Longoria sur la crédibilité des attaques lancées par la jeune femme.

peewee's lovechild
12-21-2007, 02:21 AM
FRENCH ARTICLE LE FIGARO Tony Parker à son tour piégé par les dérives d'Internet

Jean-Marc Philibert
20/12/2007 | Mise à jour : 20:56 | .

Le champion, marié à Eva Longoria, réclame 40 millions de dollars de dommages et intérêts à un site américain. Crédits photo : ASSOCIATED PRESS
Le basketteur vedette est accusé sur un site américain d'avoir trompé sa femme avec un top-modèle français... reine de l'affabulation.
Il est riche, célèbre, marié à une femme de rêve et c'est la dernière victime en date de la rumeur sur Internet. Le basketteur vedette Tony Parker a porté plainte,hier contre le site people X17online.com qui l'accuse, témoignage à l'appui, d'avoir trompé sa femme. Hébergé aux États-Unis, le site affirme que le meneur de jeu de l'équipe de basket des San Antonio Spurs entretiendrait une relation extraconjugale avec le top-modèle français Alexandra Paressant depuis deux mois. Une accusation plus qu'embarrassante pour le jeune Français de 25 ans dont le mariage avec la «Desperate Housewife» Eva Longoria, le 7 juillet dernier au château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, avait fait la une de la presse mondiale. Accusant X17online.com d'avoir relayé des informations «fausses et diffamatoires», le basketteur réclame 40 millions de dollars (27 millions d'euros) de dommages et intérêts.

Il ne devrait pas avoir de mal à obtenir gain de cause sur le fond. Car Alexandra Paressant, dont les photos s'étalent sur plus de 100 000 pages Internet, n'est pas vraiment celle que l'on croit. La jeune brune aux yeux bleus, qui dit être née en 1981 à La Baule et dont le site personnel diffuse une chanson de... Tony Parker, affirme notamment avoir été la maîtresse des footballeurs Ronaldinho et Thierry Henry. Ce dernier l'aurait d'ailleurs présentée à Tony Parker durant son mariage au mois de juillet.

À l'entendre, la jeune femme aurait d'ailleurs un carnet d'adresses plus que rempli. Tout ce que le site communautaire MySpace compte de personnalités figure en effet parmi ses amis. Rien d'étonnant a priori pour un supermannequin qui émarge auprès des plus grandes agences. Problème : dans les agences en question, on ne la connaît pas.

«Cette fille n'a absolument jamais travaillé pour nous, explique-t-on ainsi chez Major Model Agency à Paris. Nous avons effectivement reçu des photos de cette personne, mais nous ne l'avons jamais vue. Ces photos ont même l'air de provenir de filles différentes. Chaque fois que nous avons essayé de la rencontrer, elle s'est défilée. C'est comme si elle s'était inventé un personnage de top-modèle.» De la même façon, chez L'Oréal Paris, personne ne connaît la jeune femme qui affirme pourtant avoir signé avec la marque de cosmétiques un contrat d'image de trois ans. «C'est une affabulatrice, une folle. Cette fille construit sa carrière sur du mensonge. Elle n'a jamais travaillé pour nous», explique-t-on au siège de la marque. De quoi rassurer Tony Parker et surtout Eva Longoria sur la crédibilité des attaques lancées par la jeune femme.

You are cool.

fred33
12-21-2007, 02:34 AM
Parker Nearer Vindication? People magazine's new issue takes a close, and none too kind, look at Alexandra Paressant, the woman claiming she had an affair with basketball star Tony Parker. Parker, married to actress Eva Longoria, has denied the romance.

''At least one of the photos Paressant provided of herself to (gossip site) X17 as well as some of the images on her MySpace page have been confirmed to be pictures of other models,'' a People news release said. ''Paressant claims she modeled for Victoria's Secret, but the company says it never employed her. And three agents she says she worked with say they only spoke with her on the phone after she e-mailed them pictures. . . .

''This isn't the first time Paressant has been at the center of a scandal,'' the mag added. ''In an interview with a British tabloid last summer, Paressant claimed she slept with Brazilian soccer player Ronaldinho. But Robert Assis, Ronaldinho's brother and lawyer, says he never met her.''

peewee's lovechild
12-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Parker Nearer Vindication? People magazine's new issue takes a close, and none too kind, look at Alexandra Paressant, the woman claiming she had an affair with basketball star Tony Parker. Parker, married to actress Eva Longoria, has denied the romance.

''At least one of the photos Paressant provided of herself to (gossip site) X17 as well as some of the images on her MySpace page have been confirmed to be pictures of other models,'' a People news release said. ''Paressant claims she modeled for Victoria's Secret, but the company says it never employed her. And three agents she says she worked with say they only spoke with her on the phone after she e-mailed them pictures. . . .

''This isn't the first time Paressant has been at the center of a scandal,'' the mag added. ''In an interview with a British tabloid last summer, Paressant claimed she slept with Brazilian soccer player Ronaldinho. But Robert Assis, Ronaldinho's brother and lawyer, says he never met her.''

It sounds better in French.

I even read it in a French accent.

angel_luv
12-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Angel, I respectfully disagree. I get what your saying, but we don’t make our living in the public eye. .

Everyone has their own public. Just because our world is smaller scale- a campus,a work place does not make rumors any less painful or difficult to deal with.
Everyone has to learn how to deal.

I truly believe that no one will have peace of mind if they factor in public opinion and speculation.
Doing so makes one suspicious of everybody, including themself, all day, every day.

It is bad enough when a couple is separated frequently because of work, compounded by your regular marriage issues. But for someone to Falsely spread rumors about your marriage-- that is crossing the line.

If person y believe the rumors, to me that is a sign that there was already distrust and suspicision in person y's marriage and that it was in trouble already.

I don't have a husband and so do not have that exact situation to line up to.
However, I had a situation this summer when a third party said something regarding my relationship with someone else. ( We'll call the someone else person x)
The third party said that I was unteachable and difficult and they were sure that person x would agree.
I was outraged , but at the third party not person x because I knew, knew knew in the core of me that person x really liked me and would never think anything mean about me, much less say it.

While I knew I could well argue that point to the third party, it was not worth it to me because person x and I know the truth about our relationship and to me that is all that matters.

Yes I know that was between three people and not three million.
But I don't care about the numbers because everyone else and their opinions about me and mine should not even be in the equation.

Goodness- equations, y and x- suddenly this feels a lot like Algebra.
:)

And it is time to go back to work. Already, wow!

mrsmaalox
12-21-2007, 09:57 AM
No one likes to be talked about negatively, but I'm tending to side with Angel. I think it's the dynamics of that relationship that will determine what damage is done.