PDA

View Full Version : What is it with Chinese restaurant employees?

Sunshine
12-20-2007, 04:33 PM
So apparently some girls here at work ordered Chinese delivery for lunch today. They get their food and take it to the breakroom to eat and two of the dishes are inedible. They called the restaurant and told them that the food was "nasty" and they wanted their money back. The guy tells them he'll credit back their credit card but he's coming back to get the food.

Strange...but...ok. I guess they need to make sure they food wasn't eaten. So the guy gets here, opens the boxes and sees that one of the egg rolls had a bite out of it and the food is mixed together and had been picked at, so he tells them they can't "return" their food because they already ate part of it and he wants his money.

This is where I actually came into the lobby and heard them arguing. They're telling him "We didn't eat your nasty food, all we want is our money back." He yells "You ate, you pay!" One of the girls says "We TASTED it and it was nasty, we didn't eat the whole thing!" So angry Chinese guy says "But you touched the food! You have to pay!"

He refused to leave until he was paid. The receptionist called Security, Security told him to leave and he refused. He called the manager or owner of the restaurant and HE came to demand that the girls pay for their orders. As of 15 minutes ago, they were still here and this all started at about 1:45.

So I guess they're pissed because the food was all mixed together and they weren't going to be able to resell it. :wtf

Spurminator
12-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Ew.

Richard Cranium
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I'd just write off the $3.95 and be done with it.

Sportcamper
12-20-2007, 04:46 PM
But they already paid & had the food delivered…All he had to do was not refund the credit card...
http://www.aolcdn.com/aolr/signals-shes-confused-400a020607.jpg

Sunshine
12-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Because I guess after they had credited the card, they couldn't charge the card again w/out approval?

to21
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
That's why you should only get food from Chinese joints that have Mexicans working in them.

midgetonadonkey
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
What place is this so I never go there?

easjer
12-20-2007, 04:55 PM
:wtf

Sunshine
12-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I'd just write off the $3.95 and be done with it.

Well, the cops came in. And because they had "eaten" the food...they made the girls pay or they'd get a ticket.

What I didn't know at the time was....they had been credited for ALL THREE dishes, but had eaten one WHOLE dish.

Sunshine
What place is this so I never go there?

Regents or Regency I believe.

mrsmaalox
It's because their cockroaches won't eat the food if it's been "messed with".

Sportcamper
12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
In any case this is messed up…Even Taco Bell will refund your money if you can’t stand the food…

Sunshine
12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
In any case this is messed up…Even Taco Bell will refund your money if you can’t stand the food…

Chinese places are notorious for pulling crap like this. Once I had ordered fried wontons instead of an eggroll, and they put the eggroll on my plate, so I pointed it out to my waitress and she picked the eggroll up with her fingers and took it to the kitchen. You KNOW she put it on another plate! Most places would leave the eggroll on the plate and bring the wontons out on a separate plate.

Another time I was eating with some friends, and we all ordered the same thing (lunch special)...one of the girls found a roach in her food, so we asked if we could all have a different entree and the lady started yelling at us saying that "there was only roach in one food, not all food! You eat!" So one of the girls said "Do you cook each dish in a different pan? If not, then the roach was in the pan that all our food was cooked in and we dont' want it"

She refused to replace our plates so we got up and left. She chased us out into the parking lot yelling at us that we needed to pay. I turned to her and said "Why? You're just going to scrape it back into the pot and serve it to someone else...you'll get your money!"

Sportcamper
12-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Bad lunching experiences can effect your whole day…We went to a little eatery today…The Filet de Sole Meuniere was exquisite…But the Couscous was dry? The scrumptious Cream of Belgian Endive Soup made up for the dry couscous... :dramaquee

katyon6th
12-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Asian folks are fucking crazy.

BacktoBasics
12-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Well, the cops came in. And because they had "eaten" the food...they made the girls pay or they'd get a ticket.

What I didn't know at the time was....they had been credited for ALL THREE dishes, but had eaten one WHOLE dish.Thats fucking nuts. This shit never happens to me. I would fucking melt like you've never seen. How do you know its shit until you taste it, fucking retarded. I'd burn the fucking place down and go apeshit on the chinaman.

I need the restaurant name and number so I can spread it on the web and send their phones lines going crazy. They'll be delivering shit for hours to empty buildings.

Lets show these fucking slopes what interweb power is all about.

Fillmoe
12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
2hvNi0VZwc8

Fillmoe
12-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Hurry Up And Buy Beyotch!

Shelly
12-20-2007, 05:38 PM
That's why I eat at PF Chang's.

JoeChalupa
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I still haven't tried PJ Changs but I've so many good things about it. I'm going to have to spend the big bucks and try it out. I hear the lettuce wraps are great.

mrsmaalox
12-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Thats fucking nuts. This shit never happens to me. I would fucking melt like you've never seen. How do you know its shit until you taste it, fucking retarded. I'd burn the fucking place down and go apeshit on the chinaman.

I need the restaurant name and number so I can spread it on the web and send their phones lines going crazy. They'll be delivering shit for hours to empty buildings.

Lets show these fucking slopes what interweb power is all about.

Hey, they just might be diabetic....(give you any ideas?)

mrsmaalox
12-20-2007, 05:54 PM
I still haven't tried PJ Changs but I've so many good things about it. I'm going to have to spend the big bucks and try it out. I hear the lettuce wraps are great.
PeiWei (same owners as PF Changs) has the same lettuce wraps and it is much cheaper

JoeChalupa
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
PeiWei (same owners as PF Changs) has the same lettuce wraps and it is much cheaper

That's the place for me. :oops

marini martini
12-20-2007, 06:06 PM
That's the place for me. :oops

get the Spicy Chicken salad :hungry:

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Chinaman was right.

PM5K
12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Ha Ha You Eat You Pay!

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Somewhere there is a thread that I mention my experiment of pouring a sugar packet into the corner of one of the serving trays at a Chinese buffet and the next day coming back to the restaurant to see if the sugar was still in the corner of the tray.

It was. Same tray, different day.

That was my last visit to any Chinese buffet. My guess is that your friends' deliver order was just scooped out of the several day old trays and the restaurant couldn't just drop it all back in the bins...as easily.

Beno Udrih
12-20-2007, 06:26 PM
You guys wait till Johnny Blaze sees this!

Sunshine
12-20-2007, 06:29 PM

I love their lettuce wraps!

Sunshine
12-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Somewhere there is a thread that I mention my experiment of pouring a sugar packet into the corner of one of the serving trays at a Chinese buffet and the next day coming back to the restaurant to see if the sugar was still in the corner of the tray.

It was. Same tray, different day.

That was my last visit to any Chinese buffet. My guess is that your friends' deliver order was just scooped out of the several day old trays and the restaurant couldn't just drop it all back in the bins...as easily.

That's what we were all "joking" about. They were just mad that they couldn't simply serve the same container of food to the next person who phoned their order in!

E20
12-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Simple: Stop eating chinese fast food.

A) It's unhealthy/oily/fatty
B) It tastes like like melted salt and sugar and doesn't even taste good.

easjer
12-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Chopper, you just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

That is so disgusting.

Hook Dem
12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Go to Golden Wok on Wurzbach! Great food!

CavsSuperFan
12-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Well...If your friends are upset, call this #... :smokin
San Antonio Health Department
332 W Commerce St
San Antonio, TX 78205
Phone: (210) 207-8780

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Chopper, you just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

That is so disgusting.

My buddy and I went to this one restaurant fairly often and I noticed that some of the trays looked like no one touched them from visit to visit...thus the need for the little experiment. Gross but true.

exstatic
12-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Totally stupid of the owner. All he needs is a few people spreading stories about his shitty food and shittier service. I''ll bet money that the people that run that restaurant are NOT Chinese. There are a LOT of Chinese restaurants that are owned and run by Thais, Vietnamese, or Burmese. A Chinese would likely have refunded the money, and then refused delivery to that address again.

Spurfect
12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Chinese places are notorious for pulling crap like this. Once I had ordered fried wontons instead of an eggroll, and they put the eggroll on my plate, so I pointed it out to my waitress and she picked the eggroll up with her fingers and took it to the kitchen. You KNOW she put it on another plate! Most places would leave the eggroll on the plate and bring the wontons out on a separate plate.

Another time I was eating with some friends, and we all ordered the same thing (lunch special)...one of the girls found a roach in her food, so we asked if we could all have a different entree and the lady started yelling at us saying that "there was only roach in one food, not all food! You eat!" So one of the girls said "Do you cook each dish in a different pan? If not, then the roach was in the pan that all our food was cooked in and we dont' want it"

She refused to replace our plates so we got up and left. She chased us out into the parking lot yelling at us that we needed to pay. I turned to her and said "Why? You're just going to scrape it back into the pot and serve it to someone else...you'll get your money!"

uhh if that happened to me I would not want a replacement dish. I'd want my money back and hightail it out of there. that's disgusting :vomit:

Kori Ellis
12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Go to Golden Wok on Wurzbach! Great food!

We went there last week and I asked LJ if you have been posting on the forum lately because we ordered Chung Bo Steak :lol Remember when you recommended it to us a couple years ago? I love that dish.

Spurfect
12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
I just realized since I moved to S.A. last September I have only had chinese food once, when we went to a place for my nieces birthday :wtf this thread doesn't help me crave it either... :lol

LuvBones
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
So the girls at your work got paid to argue about their food for almost 2 hours?

Spurfect
12-20-2007, 08:26 PM
So the girls at your work got paid to argue about their food for almost 2 hours?

and after all that they lost the argument lol

slayermin
12-20-2007, 08:35 PM
The restaurant business is a tough racket. Most asian people I know are hard working and honest. They micromanage their expenses to increase profits. I don't think it's common for them to recycle food but who really knows what happens behind closed doors.

But you are kidding yourself if you think chinese restaurants are the only ones that cut corners. I don't want to generalize so I will keep my comments to myself.

Here in Cali, most of the chinese restaurants in my area offer free delivery with a minimum purchase. If they screw up an order or forget something, they will go back to their kitchen and correct the problem.

Most asian immigrants can't speak english very well so restaurant jobs are their only avenue for a decent income. They are easy targets because of this fact. But they do love this country as much as anyone, pay their taxes, and raise their kids to be law abiding citizens.

ploto
12-20-2007, 11:42 PM
I had great Chinese food for lunch today at Beijing. Gave my usual waitress an extra large Christmas tip.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Msg Ftw

Duff McCartney
12-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Totally stupid of the owner. All he needs is a few people spreading stories about his shitty food and shittier service. I''ll bet money that the people that run that restaurant are NOT Chinese. There are a LOT of Chinese restaurants that are owned and run by Thais, Vietnamese, or Burmese. A Chinese would likely have refunded the money, and then refused delivery to that address again.

I don't mean this in a bad way...as if there is a good way to say this...and I'm not Asian...but that's like borderline bigotry right there.

ashbeeigh
12-22-2007, 01:23 AM
So apparently some girls here at work ordered Chinese delivery for lunch today. They get their food and take it to the breakroom to eat and two of the dishes are inedible. They called the restaurant and told them that the food was "nasty" and they wanted their money back. The guy tells them he'll credit back their credit card but he's coming back to get the food.

Strange...but...ok. I guess they need to make sure they food wasn't eaten. So the guy gets here, opens the boxes and sees that one of the egg rolls had a bite out of it and the food is mixed together and had been picked at, so he tells them they can't "return" their food because they already ate part of it and he wants his money.

This is where I actually came into the lobby and heard them arguing. They're telling him "We didn't eat your nasty food, all we want is our money back." He yells "You ate, you pay!" One of the girls says "We TASTED it and it was nasty, we didn't eat the whole thing!" So angry Chinese guy says "But you touched the food! You have to pay!"

He refused to leave until he was paid. The receptionist called Security, Security told him to leave and he refused. He called the manager or owner of the restaurant and HE came to demand that the girls pay for their orders. As of 15 minutes ago, they were still here and this all started at about 1:45.

So I guess they're pissed because the food was all mixed together and they weren't going to be able to resell it. :wtf

I totally didn't see this thread yesterday when you started it and had to let you know I had a perfect view of all the mishaps that happened in the front when the police came. I had to let everyone know what happened, all based on our previous conversation. It was completely ridiculous, but nonetheless, another day at the office.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-22-2007, 01:47 AM
You guys wait till Johnny Blaze sees this!

Whew. I was getting worried for a second that I might have fallen off.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-22-2007, 01:51 AM
I don't mean this in a bad way...as if there is a good way to say this...and I'm not Asian...but that's like borderline bigotry right there.

Out of all the posts in all of SpursTalk, that's the one that brought our a bigotry assumption?

Really?

Sunshine
12-23-2007, 10:24 AM

I'd never ordered from this particular place, but you can bet I won't. We were joking that we should just take up a collection and pay the guy just to get him to leave. It was really kinda funny because he was standing outside the main doors, looking thru the glass with his hands cupped around his eyes. Every once in a while, he'd pick up the bag with the food in it and point to it and say something (we can only imagine he was saying "You eat, you pay!!!" :lol

Sunshine
12-23-2007, 10:28 AM

No...they gave up after only a few minutes and went back to work. The man stayed in the lobby harassing the receptionist about calling them to come back and pay him. They didn't come back downstairs until the police got there...THEN the receptionist had them and their supervisor come back downstairs.

Sunshine
12-23-2007, 10:36 AM
The restaurant business is a tough racket. Most asian people I know are hard working and honest. They micromanage their expenses to increase profits. I don't think it's common for them to recycle food but who really knows what happens behind closed doors.

But you are kidding yourself if you think chinese restaurants are the only ones that cut corners. I don't want to generalize so I will keep my comments to myself.

Here in Cali, most of the chinese restaurants in my area offer free delivery with a minimum purchase. If they screw up an order or forget something, they will go back to their kitchen and correct the problem.

Most asian immigrants can't speak english very well so restaurant jobs are their only avenue for a decent income. They are easy targets because of this fact. But they do love this country as much as anyone, pay their taxes, and raise their kids to be law abiding citizens.

I know generalizations aren't right....I've been to wonderful Chinese restaurants where the owners/management go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant dining experience.

But I've had similar things happen to me at different restaurants, so that's why I "generalized". At more than one Asian establishment, when I've gotten something I didn't order, they literally take the item off my plate with their fingers (egg roll, fried wonton, rangoon) and carry it to the back. I once ordered a dish that had peanuts, and asked for NO PEANUTS...the dish came with peanuts in it. I pointed this out to the waitress who got a spoon and started to scoop the peanuts out one by one and put them in her hand. I politely asked her to just take the entire plate away and bring me a new dish, sans peanuts. She took the plate, but I could see her at the waitress station still picking the peanuts out. She was going to stand there and pick each frickin' peanut out, then bring the same plate back to me. I called the manager over and explained what was happening, and he said "yes...she take peanuts out for you". I told him I didn't want her going thru my food looking for peanuts to remove....that was unsanitary. I said I wanted a whole new plate, and they brought me one.

Here's the kicker. When we got the bill, I was charged for TWO dishes! When I asked why, they said "Because you asked for a second dish".

Stacie
12-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Totally stupid of the owner. All he needs is a few people spreading stories about his shitty food and shittier service.

Unfortunately San Antonio residents have short memories. Look at Pancho's Mexican food they got busted using Alpo dog food and the place is still doing well. What I don't get is why The writer doesn't use his Metro God powers and shut them down.

Last Comic Standing
12-23-2007, 11:19 AM
people in San Antonio eating dog food, others declared dead when they are still breathing and no sign of The Writer.

And yet they put a new via bus stop on the south side and the vato is all over it!

TDMVPDPOY
12-23-2007, 12:46 PM
wat the pho man

wat da heo man