PDA

View Full Version : Albert Pujols

T Park
12-30-2004, 10:46 AM
If anyone gets a chance this morning, watch ESPN's year long countdown thing.

It shows a side of Albert Pujols, that, suprise, the media doesnt show.

His work with downsyndrome kids.

The story WILL bring a tear to your eye.

IcemanCometh
12-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Roider

King
12-30-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that one of his step kids has downsyndrome. I can see where it'd hit close to him.

T Park
12-31-2004, 02:50 AM
Yes, his step daughter Isabella, has downsyndrome.

Diedre Pujols, Albert's wife, gives the story that when they first started dating, Isabella was 3 months old, and she gave him and his family brochures on Downsyndrome in Spanish.

When he first came to America he was obviously not fluent in English.

But he told her, he loved Isabella, and her, too much for that to get in the way.

Class, absolute, CLASS guy.

Once again, a role model, all parents should hope there kids look up to.

Along with Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Tim Duncan, and others.

Extra Stout
12-31-2004, 01:57 PM
Class, absolute, CLASS guy.

Once again, a role model, all parents should hope there kids look up to.

Along with Scott Rolen, Jim Edmonds, Tim Duncan, and others.Does Albert Pujols pay back debts he owes?

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2004, 04:37 PM
It shows a side of Albert Pujols, that, suprise, the media doesnt show.

Yet it's on ESPN. Strange, huh?

T Park
12-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Yeah, it is amazing, how you always hear about Ron Artest, Ray Lewis, Terrel Owens, and Allen Iverson all the time, but rarely Brent Barry, TIm Duncan, Albert Pujols, or Robert Thomas.

But, of course, if anyone else made the damn thread, it would be a great thread, since its me, the forum whipping boy, its terrible.

Blow it out your asses.

3rdCoast
12-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Blow it out your asses. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2004, 11:43 PM
Fuck you, you goddamn sensitive little bitch.

Wah wah wah.

You guys are always so quick to call out the media. Well guess what. A lot of times, the media reports what people want to know.

If people didn't give a flying fuck about Ray Lewis's trial, it wouldn't have been covered.

Yes, you are the forum's whipping boy. Why, because you said it yourself. You're a little boy.

Wah, Manny doesn't want me at a GTG.

Wah, Paypal's not working.

Wah, woe is T Park.

Grow some fucking balls, Park! For God's sake, stop letting the antics of people on a message board dictate the way you react,

God, you're such a whiny little bitch.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Oh, and "the media" doesn't cover the "good" stories.

Well, here, you whiny bitch.

Ginobili Named EN Sportsman of Year (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA123104.8D.sportsman.ginobili.5c033262.html)

Sports world organizes tsunami relief (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1956544)

God, fucking look why don't you!

Guess what, people LIKE Terrell Owens. People like Ray Lewis. And pray tell, WTF has Ray Lewis done since he was ACQUITED of murder?

You don't want to hear the stories of the drug use, wife beating, prima-donna players. Guess what - THEY FUCKING EXIST!

God, Kori even posted the article from Barry being named to the Blue Ribbon Panel on helping CPS get out of the fuckhole the Legislature has put them in.

I'm pretty damn sure I saw cameras at the opening of the Carver Academy.

God, blow your "media bias" shit out of your ass, Park!

Come with a legitimate complaint - and I'll listen. Bitch and moan and whine and you'll get nowhere but treated like the little boy you called yourself.

Signed,

Joe Ruiz
News Editor
The University Star
Texas State University-San Marcos

samikeyp
01-01-2005, 03:55 PM
I sense....annoyance? :)

Blaze got it right though. We say we don't like to hear negative stories but that is what boosts ratings and sells papers. We have seen the enemy and it is us.

T Park
01-02-2005, 02:49 PM
then how about the media changing what people want.

Instead of selling out, how about doing the right thing..

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-02-2005, 02:52 PM
then how about the media changing what people want.

WTF?

If the media "changed what the people want", you'd bash them for dictating what they heard without telling other stories.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.