PDA

View Full Version : magic: yao or tracy has to go

Ronaldo McDonald
12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
can the rockets contend for a title with their current team headed by Yao and Tracy, or does one of them need to go?

ambchang
12-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Showcase McGrady, get him on one of those streaks where he scores 35+ points in 10 straight games, trade him for a young point and a good rebounder (something like a Felton + Okafur, but then the Bobcats have too many wing players).

Roxsfan
12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
the rumor is the following on tmac:

this is why tmac is sitting out with a mysterious knee injury that he says......."I won't get an MRI, b/c I might find out its more serious :rolleyes "
If it were serious he would have been rushed to the hospital for an MRI, similar to his incident with his elbow earlier this year.

He wants to appear fragile (more so than his normal fragile self) and play average ball to avoid being traded to a worse situation than he is in now.

ArgSpursFan.
12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
T-mac is a cancer. Houston should build around Yao as a leader,and bring a couple of good players for T-mac.
A good point guard could be a nice adittion for them.

Beno????????

ChumpDumper
12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
They just need some real shooters on that team.

ArgSpursFan.
12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
wrong,they need some real playmakers so they have a balanced offense.
One Man orchestras type of teams always fail.(read kobe's Lakers)

ChumpDumper
12-21-2007, 03:40 PM
If they actually play Adelman's offense the way it has been played on other teams, they won't need Steve Nash at every position. Replace the chuckers with shooters and they're a contender.

ArgSpursFan.
12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Problem with the Rockets is not the lack of shooters.
It is T-mac. The guy stays with the ball for a long period of seconds during each offense, so the whole Defense focus on him and the Rockets become a predictable team on the offensive end.
Ball movement breaks any defensive system.

OldDirtMcGirt
12-21-2007, 04:03 PM
They need to trade T-Back and it was obvious since last year. Yao still has some upside and you can tell that he's a good leader and wants to win. There's a reason McGrady's teams never made it past the first round. He can only play when he's 100% healthy, and when he does play he kills ball movement. They might not be able to get alot out of him, but I'm sure they could get a few nice, young players or a tone of cap space to be able and make a run at some free agents next year.

ChumpDumper
12-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I agree if TMac doesn't buy into the system, it's time for him or Adelman to go -- but really, the guy is #28 in the league for assists. That's pretty good for being surrounded by far worse chuckers than himself.

OldDirtMcGirt
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I agree if TMac doesn't buy into the system, it's time for him or Adelman to go -- but really, the guy is #28 in the league for assists. That's pretty good for being surrounded by far worse chuckers than himself.

The biggest question I have with T-Mac is his competitive spirit, and his willingness to play through injury and to always drive to the hoop and give 100%. Hard to build around players when you question their heart.

But as you said, T-Mac is hardly the only problem. Raefar Alston, Steve Francis, and pretty much all of Houston's point guards are pretty crappy. And Adelman was a stupid hire. If I have a dominant post player in Yao, I'm playing grind it out, inside-outside basketball.

ArgSpursFan.
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
If T-mac could think on feeding his teammates first and them try to score, the Rockets could be a total diferent team.
Let Yao be the 1 st scoring option and try to get everybody envolved on each possetion with some ball movement,and you'll have a more balanced offense.

Cry Havoc
12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
T-mac is a risk. And you could still get a VERY good deal for him in terms of talent. Trade him before he fades and gives nothing back.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
you guys telln them to replace players with shooters

no dont turn this team into another raptors team plz....

BonnerDynasty
12-21-2007, 06:57 PM
TMac.

The games I have watched (few) when TMac is in all the rockets do is stand around and watch him drive/shoot.

zzzzzzzz

ArgSpursFan.
12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
that's true.Not even the Lakers are as predictable in the Offensive end as the Rockets are.

SpursDynasty
12-21-2007, 08:14 PM
Tracy McGrady is one of the most overrated players in the game today. Why not do a Dirk for T-Mac trade?

DOMINATOR
12-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Tracy McGrady is one of the most overrated players in the game today. Why not do a Dirk for T-Mac trade?
lol, loser for loser doesnt make either team better.

easjer
12-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I think they could keep both if they only had a point guard to run the offense. The offense now is running through TMac or set plays through Yao. A point guard who could actually direct the ball and get TMac good looks (rather than TMac having to decide what to do with the ball, which is a weakness of his) and mix things up could really help.

I never understood the Adelman hiring with Yao Ming at center. But they kept more of the defense than I'd expected them retain. I still think they are trying to force a style of basketball on a team that isn't designed to play it, and I don't think it'll work. I don't know, if you keep Adelman, who is better to trade. Neither is likely to produce good returns on the investment because of their salaries.

But given how enfranchised Yao is here - they are far more likely to trade TMac, come to that.

gamuza
12-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Shame on me but I'm starting to hate T-Mac...

itzsoweezee
12-21-2007, 11:15 PM
tmac is producing about 20 points on 20 shots a game. luther head or bonzie wells can put up those shitty numbers. it's time to ditch tmac. and while they're at it, the rockets should get rid of adleman too.

Emily Rose
12-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Why the fuck is Rafer Alston still on the team?? God he fucking sucks dick. Get rid of that piece of shit.

mavsfan1000
12-22-2007, 03:05 AM
Why the fuck is Rafer Alston still on the team?? God he fucking sucks dick. Get rid of that piece of shit.
Sadly they have no one better at the point. Francis has a lost a step and he relied on his athleticism for his success and not his IQ. lol

DOMINATOR
12-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Sadly they have no one better at the point. Francis has a lost a step and he relied on his athleticism for his success and not his IQ. lol
his name is Aaron Brooks!

Flo-Rida
12-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey trade for antoine walker

Hemotivo
12-22-2007, 05:09 PM
i love you emily rose

icem
12-23-2007, 02:59 AM
It is T-mac. The guy stays with the ball for a long period of seconds during each offense, so the whole Defense focus on him and the Rockets become a predictable team on the offensive end.

i strongly disagree.... what good is ball movement when guys cant knock down open shots ? rafer is pathetic...shane has regressed, and chuck hayes is just a joke... that is a sad supporting cast if i do say so myself.

ArgSpursFan.
12-23-2007, 09:10 AM
i strongly disagree.... what good is ball movement when guys cant knock down open shots ? rafer is pathetic...shane has regressed, and chuck hayes is just a joke... that is a sad supporting cast if i do say so myself.

well,last night T-mac focused on sharing the ball,giving asists and moving the ball as well and the result was a Houston win.
I wasn't that wrong after all..
BTW, going back to the ball movement thing:when you have good ball movement, all your perimetrals will have more chances to get opened looks, and by doing that you have more chances that your role players get going and in rithm.

ArgSpursFan.
12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Seven players scored in double figures Saturday, lifting the Rockets over the Bulls, 116-98.

This is exacly what I was talking about. :smokin
BTW,t-mac had 8 asists and took only 18 shots.
Ball movement gets role players going,and give them more confidence, sharing the ball your team become less predictable coze anyone can score not just ONE player(t-mac). Just like I said.
eventhough there wasn't still alot of ball movement, the Rocket's offense didn't look as exstatic as It used to this season so far,and T-mac didn't try score on each possetion. Instead He was looking for his teammates to get involved.
BTW,most of Scola's points vs the Bulls were T-mac's asists.

DOMINATOR
12-23-2007, 12:53 PM
tmac is one of those rare players that has to have the game come to him... most guys have to attack the game.

brooks kicked ass last night.

icem
12-23-2007, 09:36 PM
well,last night T-mac focused on sharing the ball,giving asists and moving the ball as well and the result was a Houston win.
I wasn't that wrong after all..
BTW, going back to the ball movement thing:when you have good ball movement, all your perimetrals will have more chances to get opened looks, and by doing that you have more chances that your role players get going and in rithm.

actually you're still wrong. why are people acting like last night was the first game rockets moved the ball. t-mac always passes the ball as he is the main facilitator, its just that last guys knocked down shots. the problem is consistency. none of the role players consistently bring something to the table, thats why they lose.

so....better shooters, better record. last year rockets were at the top in 3 point shooting, this year theyre at the bottom.