PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on this kid...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Possible late first round pick next year for the Spurs..?

Via Truehoop:

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Introducing:-Nathan-Jawai-/

mystargtr34
12-22-2007, 07:43 AM
I actually worked with his first cousin when she came to Port Hedland, Australia to work for a bit... quite good friends with her.

Funny story... we chatted quite a bit... and i must have mentioned i played basketball and she said calmly 'oh yeh my cousin plays basketball too'... i was like cool... she goes 'professionally for the Cairns Taipans'... i didnt believe her so i searched him up :lol

Anyway, hes part aboriginal and part Torres Straight Islander... went to college for a couple years in the US and now is an All Star for the Cairns Tapians in the Australian NBL.

I saw him playn when he came to my home town Perth with the Taipans.. hes a huge kid... but he doesnt seem 7'0" as they list him... he is a spitting image of Greece's Sofoklis Schortsanitis aka Baby Shaq. But he seems even slower. He has decent skills but pretty much gets his points from over powering guys under the ring from penetration and from put backs. The kid is massive... and he has a great future as a basketball player.. i cant really see him in the NBA though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Nice story mate. I didn't realise that you are an Aussie too. Ask Kori to give you a flag under your post count! Living in Canberra, we don't have an NBL team any more and it sucks. I used to love the occasional Cannons game. :depressed

I posted this because when draftexpress start saying "possible first round pick", I sit up and listen.

We shall see. ;)

KidCongo
12-22-2007, 08:48 AM
He was fun too watch in All Star Game where he won MVP but much more work needs to be done to make NBA roster and get some PT in it.