PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Tv show?

Manu20
12-30-2004, 12:59 PM
For me is gotta be Stargate SG1.
I also like Married with Children and Chapelle's Show.

2pac
12-30-2004, 01:44 PM
All the Law and Order shows.
CSI: Vegas.
Simpsons.

SpursWoman
12-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I've probably watched more TV in the last month or so than I've watched in the last year....and I have to admit...

I'm addicted to Pimp My Ride. :oops :lol :hat

MannyIsGod
12-30-2004, 02:13 PM
:lmao, wtf?

I don't watch much TV outside of Spurs games, but I dig Entourge, Real Time, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

SpursWoman
12-30-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm serious...they had a marathon over Christmas and I don't think I even moved. :lmao

GODADDYSA
12-30-2004, 02:37 PM
the westwing - csi - law & order and farscape

Duff McCartney
12-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Arrested Development, Scrubs - Maxpower

KEDA
12-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Overhaulin

American Chopper

Pimp My Ride

CosmicCowboy
12-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Boston Legal

Spader and Shaftner are da bomb. Plus a lot of eye candy doesn't hurt.

Duff McCartney
12-30-2004, 03:30 PM
Around The Horn
PTI
Deadwood
Good Eats
Carnivale
The Simpsons (mainly the reruns, the new episodes blow balls)

tlongII
12-30-2004, 03:37 PM
Lost

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
12-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Entourage was tight, do you know when season 2 is supposed to start?

GoldToe
12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
That 70's Show
Seinfeld
CSI
Cold Case - She's HOT!
Law & Order
West Wing
Las Vegas

alamo50
12-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Married with Children

SLOVENIAN 8
12-30-2004, 06:37 PM
-Pimp My Ride :smokin
-Everybody Loves Raymond
-King Of Queens
-Joey
-Friends
-Seinfeld
and

Naša Mala Klinika :lol :lol

CrazyOne
12-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Enterprise
Smallville
Inuyasha

Brodels
12-30-2004, 07:25 PM
I don't watch TV much anymore aside from sports programming, but I really enjoy reruns of South Park and The Simpsons.

And yes, I did watch Nanny 911 a couple of times with my fiance. I deserve whatever crap you all can dish for that.

NZ Spurs
12-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Ed

desflood
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Mad TV
Family Guy
Anything Professional Wrestling
House

ALVAREZ6
12-30-2004, 09:14 PM
Pimp my Ride
Chappelle's show
any stand up comedy show
King of Queens

I am not a show fan, i mainly watch Sixers, Spurs, and Eagles games, or whatever I feel like watching.

Jimcs50
12-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Lost

Shelly
12-31-2004, 01:48 AM
I hardly watch that much tv, but I do make a point to watch Desperate Housewives.

Kori Ellis
12-31-2004, 02:02 AM
I watch Days of Our Lives.

I've watched it since 1979.

SequSpur
12-31-2004, 02:08 AM
I like to watch the news.

T Park
12-31-2004, 02:10 AM
Seinfeld
CSI Vegas (the others Miami and NY suck ass)
Family Guy
Without a Trace
All monday night shows on CBS

Other than that, its Spurs, Cardinals, Rams, Texans, all NBA, MLB, NFL, and ESPN, and movie channels or DVDs.

SequSpur
12-31-2004, 02:15 AM
http://www.xenafan.com/movies/bod/icons/johnny.jpg

pseudofan
12-31-2004, 09:54 AM
^^^

I WANT MY $2 !!!

Hilarious!!!!!!

Taco
12-31-2004, 09:58 AM
I love King of the Hill!!!

AlamoSpursFan
12-31-2004, 10:00 AM
Boston Legal

Spader and Shaftner are da bomb. Plus a lot of eye candy doesn't hurt.

Denny Crane!

CrazyOne
12-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Kori, I used to watch Days ever since a psych profile they did on Kuriakas(?) seemed to match up exactly with one of the folks my dad worked with at college. After about 10 years of watching, Ruth and I gave up the soaps cold turkey.

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2004, 12:00 PM
Law & Order (the original mainly and sometimes SVU)
Family Guy
The Simpsons
The West Wing
The Shield

Yonivore
12-31-2004, 12:05 PM
The West Wing
Extreme Makeover, Home Edition
Law and Order (R.I.P. "Lennie")

Bandit2981
12-31-2004, 01:59 PM
seinfeld
emeril live
x-files
nba fastbreak

JackLalanne
12-31-2004, 03:54 PM
The Golden Girls
ESPN Classics

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-31-2004, 04:00 PM
I've probably watched more TV in the last month or so than I've watched in the last year....and I have to admit...

I'm addicted to Pimp My Ride. :oops :lol :hat

In other news...

Custom Rims, Yes; TV in Steering Wheel, No

DETROIT, Dec. 29 - Pimp the ride, pay the price.

In the first of what is expected to be a broader crackdown against auto customization shops, federal regulators on Wednesday imposed a $16,000 fine on West Coast Customs, the auto body shop affiliated with "Pimp My Ride," an MTV reality show that makes over rundown cars.

The shop, which has customized sport utility vehicles for customers like Shaquille O'Neal, was fined for removing front air bags in cars to install video screens in steering wheels.

Another celebrity shop, Unique Autosports in Uniondale, N.Y., was fined $5,000 for a similar offense. A reality show featuring the shop, to be called "Unique Whips," will be shown on the Speed Channel, a cable automotive channel, in February.

Rae Tyson, a spokesman for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, said the fines were the first of what was expected to be a larger crackdown on car customizers who were disabling safety equipment.
Regulators have noticed that front-seat video screens have become one offshoot of the car customization boom. While the safety agency does not have jurisdiction over installing video monitors in cars and trucks after they have been manufactured, they do have jurisdiction over tampering with safety equipment such as air bags.

"We're actively pursuing several others," Mr. Tyson said, "It's not only a bad idea to disable the air bag, it's against the law. Air bags are there for a purpose, to protect you. If you have a DVD player there instead of an air bag, it's not going to protect you in a crash."

Calls to West Coast Customs, of Inglewood, Calif., were not returned. Will Castro, the proprietor of Unique Autosports, said, "I have no comment."

Mr. Castro has done customization work for stars ranging from the entertainer Jennifer Lopez to the rap artist Eminem, according to a recent news release from the Speed Channel.

Employees of West Coast Customs are regularly featured on "Pimp My Ride" performing automotive miracle work, and seven of them are profiled on MTV's Web site.

Most states have laws against watching televisions in the front seat, though many of the laws have not been updated to include DVD players and other new technologies. New York law prohibits cars from being "equipped with a television receiving set within view of the operator." But an updated California law that took effect in January bans most video functions in the front seat, including DVD players, with the exception of such technologies as navigation systems.

Automakers often install video screens for passengers in the front seat, but only features like navigation systems or stereos can typically be operated while the car is in motion, though the proliferation of electronic controls in luxury cars is also the focus of scrutiny by safety researchers.

"We know that all kinds of distractions can be a problem, but it would be hard to think of something more distracting than watching a video while you're driving," said Anne McCartt, a vice president for research at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, a group financed by car insurers. "It's a really worrisome trend."

She said swapping an air bag for a video screen was even more disturbing.
"It's taking out a safety device that has proven lifesaving benefits," Ms. McCartt said, "and replacing it with something that could clearly be distracting and potentially dangerous."

In recent years, car customization has becoming a booming business, and TV shows chronicling cool cars and car makeovers have proliferated, including "Overhaulin' " on TLC and "Ride with Funkmaster Flex" on Spike TV. Over the last decade, annual spending on after-market car parts and accessories has doubled to $28.9 billion a year, according to the Specialty Equipment Market Association.

"Pimp My Ride" on MTV - with its host, Alvin Joiner, a Detroit native better known as the rapper Xzibit - is a feel-good show in which 18- to 22-year-olds are invited to submit their dilapidated cars or trucks for a major retrofit by West Coast Customs.

In one episode, for instance, a sad-looking 1989 Ford Mustang was remade to include a photo booth built into the passenger side with a camera in the visor and a printer in the center armrest.

Safety investigators, however, were drawn to West Coast Customs not by something that occurred on the MTV program but by an advertisement on the shop's Web site.

"There's nothing wrong with customization," said Mr. Tyson, of the traffic agency, "as long as you don't disable safety equipment."

http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041230/ZNYT01/412300323/1002/Business

Duff McCartney
12-31-2004, 04:28 PM
That's crazy....most of the rundown cars they bring to WCC don't even look like they have airbags in them.

I mean I saw one yesterday where a kid brought a 1958 Volkswagon....they probably didn't even have seat belts in 1958.

bigzak25
01-03-2005, 11:18 AM
there's a show on cbs i think called 2 and a half men....(there's a tpark/mouse joke in there somewhere) and it's not bad....haven't seen it in a while though....

i'll watch trading spaces if paige davis is on it.....and i know wifey is looking forward to alias, she loves that fucking show.....

Jimcs50
01-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Kate on Lost is one of the hottest babes ever on tv...she alone is more than enough reason to watch this show.

MannyIsGod
01-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, Because Jess owns almost the entire damn show, I've become a huge fan of Sex And The City of late.

TV Shows on DVD are fucking awesome.

Mark in Austin
01-04-2005, 01:09 AM
I just can't say enough good things about HBO's The Wire (http://www.hbo.com/thewire/about/) . Season One is now out on DVD. It's unbeliveably good - in fact, it is the best program I have ever seen on TV. (And I've been watching TV for 25 years) It's like a book, though. The whole season is one unfolding story, with each episode like the next chapter. Which means if you start watching in the middle of the season, you won't know WTF is going on. But if you start from the beginning of a season, you won't find a more richly layered, engrossing, entertaining, and rewarding show on TV. Better than The Shield. Better than Homicide. Better than Hill Street Blues. Definitely the best cop show ever, and I think the best ever, period. Check out Amazon.com's official review and some of the customer reviews:

The Wire - Season One (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002ERXC2/qid=1104817733/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/102-0604637-0920913?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846)

Editorial Review

Amazon.com
After one episode of The Wire you'll be hooked. After three, you'll be astonished by the precision of its storytelling. After viewing all 13 episodes of the HBO series' remarkable first season, you'll be cheering a bona-fide American masterpiece. Series creator David Simon was a veteran crime reporter from The Baltimore Sun who cowrote the book that inspired TV's Homicide, and cowriter Ed Burns was a Baltimore cop, lending impeccable street-cred to an inner-city Baltimore saga (and companion piece to The Corner) that Simon aptly describes as "a visual novel" and "a treatise on institutions and individuals" as opposed to a conventional good-vs.-evil police procedural. Owing a creative debt to the novels of Richard Price (especially Clockers), the series opens as maverick Detective Jimmy McNulty (Dominic West, in a star-making role) is tapping into a vast network of drugs and death around southwest Baltimore's deteriorating housing projects. With a mandate to get results ASAP, a haphazard team is assembled to join McNulty's increasingly complex investigation, built upon countless hours of electronic surveillance.
The show's split-perspective plotting is so richly layered, so breathtakingly authentic and based on finely drawn characters brought to life by a perfect ensemble cast, that it defies concise description. Simon, Burns, and their cowriters control every intricate aspect of the unfolding epic; directors are top-drawer (including Clark Johnson, helmer of The Shield's finest episodes), but they are servants to the story, resulting in a TV series like no other: unpredictable, complicated, and demanding the viewer's rapt attention, The Wire is "an angry show" (in Simon's words) that refuses to comfort with easy answers to deep-rooted societal problems. Moral gray zones proliferate in a universe where ruthless killers have a logical code, and where the cops are just as ambiguous as their targets. That ambiguity extends to the ending as well; season 1 leaves several issues unresolved, leaving you begging for the even more impressive developments that await in season 2. --Jeff Shannon

customers: (of the 44 reviews, 42 gave the show 5 of 5 stars)

The best show on television, now or ever, hands down., October 18, 2004
Reviewer: Jason P. Archer (Crofton, Maryland United States)
How can I title this review such? The writing is the first reason. You could have the same cast and general storyline with terrible or sub-par writing and have an instantly forgettable show. With the writing of the first season of The Wire, not to mention the second or third seasons, we are practically giddy as we experience these characters uttering these masterful words and performing their acts. We do not instantly forget but are left with impressions that will probably never leave us. Who will ever forget D'angelo's lecture to the young dealers about the man who came up with the chicken mcnugget? The second reason would have to be the realism. We get the feeling that while we know that this is fiction it COULD be real. The mean streets of Baltimore as interpreted by David Simon, et al. What differentiates this from other shows of its kind? A drug dealer is a person. A real person with problems, heart, and at times extreme intelligence. Take Stringer Bell, a drug kingpin who takes college economics classes to better his drug business. Also take D'angelo Barksdale , a man who doesn't like his underlings to treat the junkie customer with disrespect, as a dog.

In an article I read not too long ago about the third season of The Wire the show was described as a novel (each season) cut up into chapters (each episode). Don't think that you can start in the middle of the season; you might as well start in the middle of a novel. This series is a show for the thinking person. You must be willing to invest your time and mind. Don't expect it to be simple; do expect to enjoy the mental ride.

How can I truly put into words how great this series is? After you watch the first episode you will be hooked. If you are not hooked by the end of the first episode when D'angelo Barksdale is walking away from the murder scene of a man intimately related to him and you see the look on his face then this show isn't for you. If it is then keep watching and enjoy the unfolding of the story of the Barksdale crew and the special police detail trying to bring them down.

BETTER than Homicide, Sopranos, or you name it!, September 14, 2004
Reviewer: Bob Rousseau (Seattle, WA United States)

I am not prone to exaggeration when it comes to talking about films and television because I've seen a lot of excellant work in my life (television especially has improved a great deal), but I firmly believe that it would be nearly impossible to make a better television series than "The Wire". I never thought it would be possible to top "Homicide: Life on the Streets", but "The Wire" has done that in spades in my book. In part it's because David Simon learned a great deal from observing "Homicide"'s adaptation to television and he's gotten better at his craft (the HBO miniseries "The Corner" he wrote after "Homicide" is also excellant, and a few actors that later appeared on "The Wire" debuted in that series).

But beyond that, unlike when "Homicide" was on NBC with all of its attendant prime time restraints, "The Wire" is an HBO production, which allowed for much more realism (it's ridiculous to depict drug dealers saying nothing harsher than "fudge", as is the case on network crime shows) and at the same time, less pressure to 'throw in a steamy love story' or one of those other network conventions. It does make one wonder how much better "Homicide" might've been had it been a HBO series back in the day.

It was obvious by the first episode of "The Wire" that it had the same great qualities of "Homicide", and it was even richer. I thought after the first season of "The Wire" that it was inevitable that the second would disappoint, as was the case with "The Sopranos" and "Six Feet Under" on HBO (two series that have primarily disintergrated into adult soap operas), but amazingly, "The Wire" got even better in its second season. Now, with the additional writers Simon has enlisted to help on The Wire's third season (including Dennis LaHane, author of Mystic River), added to the already impressive Richard Price (author of Clockers), it seems likely that the show is just going to get better. Hopefully the Emmys people will finally take notice (though, as David Simon said recently, he already knew from "Homicide" that the best way to get ignored in the television world is to film a show in Baltimore).

It sounds like the Wire DVDs will have some great extras- which are much appreciated, since the DVDs of David Simon's also excellant "The Corner" didn't have any.

Intense, complicated, profound: the best series ever., September 8, 2004
Reviewer: Gizmola "gizmola" (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I caught the wire during its debut run on HBO, and have been hooked ever since. I feel a lot better about paying my HBO bill each month, just knowing that despite poor ratings, HBO has stayed behind this series, and renewed it for its (upcoming) 3rd season.

I could throw out a list of adjectives to describe The Wire, and still not do it justice... it simply operates at a level just beyond anything that has ever been done before in series television. There is of course Dominic West as Jimmy McNulty, the self destructive detective at the center of the Wire, a performance so admired in the entertainment business as to have turned the journeyman Brit actor into a bonafied A-List Movie star. It's no surprise that West keeps coming back to the series. But what's really amazing about The Wire, is the depth and complexity of its vast number of characters, routinely confounding your archetypal expectations about who these people appear to be. There is no black and white in The Wire, only shades of grey, and that's what makes it so compelling.

For many series, this alone would set The Wire apart, but what elevates it to greatness is its in depth exploration of crime, drugs, urban ghettos, politics, greed, ambition, and the people who each in their own way and place are trying to exist and do something with their lives.

You might think that The Wire is all heady drama, when in fact, the magic of it, is that it's extremely subtle, and reveals itself brick by brick in a manner that will have you on the edge of your seat, or on the floor laughing hysterically. At the end, what I marvel at, is that The Wire is at once all the things you'd expect in a masterpiece, and yet at the same time, profoundly entertaining.

Thank goodness HBO has finally released series 1 on DVD so that I can stop raving to people like a lunatic about the series none of em saw.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I've been wanting to see that, MIA.

Just never got around to sitting down and checking it out.

Manu20
01-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Anderson's role in Season Nine undecided
WEDNESDAY - DECEMBER 22, 2004

Stargate SG-1 star Richard Dean Anderson may not be in Season Nine at all, director Peter DeLuise told fans at the recent German City Con -- but whatever his level of participation, the director will make SG-1 the best show he can.

"It is unfortunate but he may not be in Season Nine at all," DeLuise said. "He may only be in part of Season Nine. Whichever the case may be, I am going to use as much of my skill to make it the best show that I can under the conditions that are presented to me.

"If Amanda [Tapping, 'Samantha Carter'] is pregnant and can only be in half of Season Nine, so be it. She is now pregnant -- this is something that has changed in her life. So I understand this, I have a son of my own. This is something that has changed in my life. (He is 8 months old today.)"

Anderson has continued to reduce his time commitments to the show since Season Six, so that he can spend more time with his young daughter in California. Stargate is filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia.

"The fact is that Richard has continued to stay around," DeLuise said. "I agree he is not in it as much, but we tried as hard as we can to make the best show that we can under the conditions that have been presented to us."

Negotiations with Anderson are still underway, but it is unlikely that he will return as a full-time cast member in Season Nine. But his character will continue to play an important role in the Stargate universe, according to executive producer Robert C. Cooper (story).

The new season begins filming in March for a summer premiere on The SCI FI Channel.

That is too bad he was my favorite character :depressed

T Park
01-04-2005, 02:16 AM
there's a tpark/mouse joke in there somewhere)

When is there not?