PDA

View Full Version : Lakers > Dallas and Phoenix?

SpursDynasty
12-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Anyone else sense that the Lakers have surpassed the two choke-artist teams Dallas and Phoenix in the West? Maybe it's more about Dallas and Phoenix playing below LA rather than LA playing above them, but still, the Lakers are playing like a real team again.

It may too early to say, because L.A. is 18-10 right now, same record last year after 28 games.

But something is different this year.

I'm all for a Spurs-Lakers WCF. Beating Dallas and Phoenix is routine for us already.

mavsfan1000
12-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Lakers surpassing Dallas and Phoenix? :lmao

LA24
12-25-2007, 08:24 PM

Dallas ? :lol :lol :lol :lol

The only team that's a "real" threat are the spurs.

ducks
12-25-2007, 08:35 PM
lakers center is good
odom and kobe are good

lakers are playing > then dallas right now
suns centers can not play d

I would be more scared of lakers in playoffs then suns
spurs have great postseason success against suns

The_Game
12-25-2007, 08:53 PM
i'm more scared of hornets than i am of lakers......

Findog
12-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Lakers at best are playing as well as Dallas right now, not better. That said, they've been impressive.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Lakers wont beat a healthy Suns team 4 times in a 7 game series but they will give them fits. Diss the Suns all you want but if you let them play their game against you, you wont beat them. If you cant limit their offense (the ONLY team who can do that is the Spurs) you wont eliminate them in a 7 game series.

Armando
12-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I am more impress with the Blazers more then Hornets and Lakers.

LakeShow
12-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Anyone else sense that the Lakers have surpassed the two choke-artist teams Dallas and Phoenix in the West? Maybe it's more about Dallas and Phoenix playing below LA rather than LA playing above them, but still, the Lakers are playing like a real team again.

It may too early to say, because L.A. is 18-10 right now, same record last year after 28 games.

But something is different this year.

I'm all for a Spurs-Lakers WCF. Beating Dallas and Phoenix is routine for us already.

I can't say that the Lakers are greater than both of those teams but in the case of the Suns, the lakers are BETTER! The Lakers beat them without 2 key players. Those players were starters when they got injured and still played ball. The Lakers have been competitive every night and I'm starting to see a swagger, :) ...We're Baaack!

ludda
12-25-2007, 11:30 PM
premature ejaculation. teams will start to show their true colors later in the season. That said, lakers look solid but so do the hornets, warriors, blazers....
Many teams in the west this year are better, but imo still a gap between them and the mavs/suns and of course Spurs at the very top.

SpursDynasty
12-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah, the Lakers were 18-10 at this same point last year...but still, they are looking as best as they have since the 2004 Laker collapse.

Bynum is the best center in the league.

DOMINATOR
12-26-2007, 12:35 AM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Medvedenko
12-26-2007, 02:43 AM
I love the Lakers game right now....but Bynum is still a step below the best centres in the L....still I like his game right now and he keeps getting better.

vicphoenix
12-26-2007, 02:44 AM
No doubt that the Suns are playing poorly right now, but I am not too concerned. We have seen the 17 game winning streaks in the regular season and where has it gotten them? The playoffs are where they have to prove themselves. Look at the Spurs approach. Pop only really cares about how the Spurs are playing in the last twenty games of the regular season.

m33p0
12-26-2007, 07:43 AM
lakers seems to match up well against the suns this year. dunno about dallas. the mavs do have some bigs that play defense. this is the first year bynum is showing some signs that he can live up to his potential. however, the playoffs is a totally different animal. except that the suns have always played the same way whether in the playoffs or the regular season. we'll just have to see.

by the way, where's houston in all these talks? aren't they supposed to be the next big thing out of texas? :lol

m33p0
12-26-2007, 07:46 AM

probably next year to make it more competitive. bynum is still immature and the role players need more experience.

ratm1221
12-26-2007, 10:42 AM
the two choke-artist

Don't forget your mom, the third choke artist. Or was she the first... damn, I always screw that up...

Purple & Gold
12-26-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know about better as of right now. But definitely up there with them.

OK better than Phoenix, yes. :smokin

mavsfan1000
12-26-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm gonna bump this thread in a month to show how ridiculous this thread is. The lakers will be playing .500 basketball again just like last year.

stretch
12-26-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm gonna bump this thread in a month to show how ridiculous this thread is. The lakers will be playing .500 basketball again just like last year.
Nah, the Lakers are for real. I don't think they are ahead of Dallas or San Antonio, but I think they are definitely a better team than the Suns. They actually rebound and play defense. I would definitely say that they are the 3rd best team in the West.

JMarkJohns
12-26-2007, 05:59 PM
I'd say the Suns are more capable to win games in the regular season, and likely will, but that if the two met in the playoffs, it'd be much closer to a toss up than what last year brought about. Suns can't stop Bynum, Fisher is a crafty thorn and Kobe is still Kobe. Phil can figure things out vs. D'Antoni, so I'd say a series would be decided by homecourt in game seven.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Nah, the Lakers are for real. I don't think they are ahead of Dallas or San Antonio, but I think they are definitely a better team than the Suns. They actually rebound and play defense. I would definitely say that they are the 3rd best team in the West.

Add that team to the list that gives the Mavs matchup hell. Lakers are athletic which doesnt bold well for the Mavs if they meet in a series. Guys like Turiaf,Odom,Ariza would throw Dirk out of his comfort zone. If you think Wade and Baron owned us, Kobe would rip a new asshole right in our team. Bynum and Odom would also give us so many fits. The coaching factor is also not in our favor. Avery is a rookie and doesnt bold too well with the coaches like Nelly and Phil Jackson. Oh and Phil's mind games to a team with a questionable mentality doesnt work out in our favor as well.

mavsfan1000
12-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Turiaf and Odom can't and won't be able to stop Dirk maybe Ariza but Dirk can give him him head fakes all day! Kobe will be Kobe but the Lakers can't stop Harris, Terry or Howard. Bynum is decent nothing special..I mean anyone who plays the Suns with their questionable interior defense looks like an all star.

Phil, hasn't been coaching for years, he looks like all he is doing is collecting a paycheck! Who cares what he says, when was the last time he actually won a playoff series?

Dallas is better than the Lakers. Right now the Suns and the Lakers are even.
That's what happens when you don't play a center and Amare needing to stay out of foul trouble. That equals no interior defense.

Dirk Nowitzki
12-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Turiaf and Odom can't and won't be able to stop Dirk maybe Ariza but Dirk can give him him head fakes all day! Kobe will be Kobe but the Lakers can't stop Harris, Terry or Howard. Bynum is decent nothing special..I mean anyone who plays the Suns with their questionable interior defense looks like an all star.

Phil, hasn't been coaching for years, he looks like all he is doing is collecting a paycheck! Who cares what he says, when was the last time he actually won a playoff series?

Dallas is better than the Lakers. Right now the Suns and the Lakers are even.

Even is too strong of a word. You wont beat the Suns 4 times if they get to play their game against you. The Lakers will give them fits but I pick the Suns over them and anyone else not named the Spurs in a playoff series. The Spurs are the only team who has proven they can limit the Suns O in a 7 game series while no one else has. Also Turiaf and Odom dont have to stop Dirk. They are good enough to contain him. They are long strong and athletic enough to take him out of his comfort zone. Posey/Haslem and Jackson/Barnes proved that as well. Also it was 13 years ago when the Warriors won a playoff series but that didnt mean shit when they kicked our asses last May. Mavs D while it has gotten better, still isnt a championship D and it is pretty vulnerable especially against athletic teams. God I hate being picky about my team! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

mavsfan1000
12-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Even is too strong of a word. You wont beat the Suns 4 times if they get to play their game against you. The Lakers will give them fits but I pick the Suns over them and anyone else not named the Spurs in a playoff series. The Spurs are the only team who has proven they can limit the Suns O in a 7 game series while no one else has. Also Turiaf and Odom dont have to stop Dirk. They are good enough to contain him. They are long strong and athletic enough to take him out of his comfort zone. Posey/Haslem and Jackson/Barnes proved that as well. Also it was 13 years ago when the Warriors won a playoff series but that didnt mean shit when they kicked our asses last May. Mavs D while it has gotten better, still isnt a championship D and it is pretty vulnerable especially against athletic teams. God I hate being picky about my team! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss
I think the key thing for the mavs having a chance to beat the suns was Devin Harris getting inserted in the starting lineup. He is by far the best defender on Nash and he can also punish Nash on the other side with his speed. Terry got abused by Nash so I think Avery starting Harris was a great move. Dallas can also kill the suns on the boards and Dampier has shown to be effective on Amare. The Warriors scare me more than the Suns.

Purple & Gold
12-27-2007, 07:30 AM

Mavs are weak. Kobe will get 60 against them.

Until the Mavs can consistently score in the paint, they're no better than the Suns. Another flawed team.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Mavs are weak. Kobe will get 60 against them.

Until the Mavs can consistently score in the paint, they're no better than the Suns. Another flawed team.

:lol I laugh at a Lakers Fan trying to talk trash. Lakers will be lucky to be .500 by the end of the season. Nothing has changed since last year. Trade Kobe.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Lets just put it this way...

Mavs in a slump and playing terrible = 19-10

Lakers on a roll and playing out of their minds = 18-10

... so keep talking.

SenorSpur
12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
While I'm not ready to say the Fakers have passed the Suns, I will say this. The Fakers do appear poised to make it at least through the first round - despite who they play. Granted they are very young, yet supremely talented, but I believe they could actually give the Suns a lot of problems in a 7-game series. Let's not forget that the Fakers have squandered series leads versus the Suns the past couple of seasons, including a 3-1 advantage last year.

The recent game versus the Suns on Xmas day exposed two facts.

Fact one:
The big advantage for the Fakers is the continued development of Andrew Bynum. He gives the Fakers a presence and an advantage that the Suns cannot match. As we all know, the Fakers are a young team and younger teams play very sporadically. The question is can the Fakers continue to improve and get better over the course of the season?

Fact Two:
The Suns have seemingly taken a step backward. From their donut-holed lineups, to their defensive deficiencies to their lack of rebounding, they seem like a desparate team on an uphilll battle with themselves.

That said, I believe I would bet on the Fakers, if the two teams met in a 7-game playoff series. Which would qualify as another Golden State/Mavs type of upset.

LakeShow
12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Lets just put it this way...

Mavs in a slump and playing terrible = 19-10

Lakers on a roll and playing out of their minds = 18-10

... so keep talking.

Let's put it like this, the Mavs have never beaten the Lakers in the Playoffs! Another monkey to get off your back. More pressure to put on a team that doesn't handle pressure too well.

:fro

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Let's put it like this, the Mavs have never beaten the Lakers in the Playoffs! Another monkey to get off your back. More pressure to put on a team that doesn't handle pressure too well.

:lol

Lame. Spin again. Now excuse me while I go watch the youtube video of Raja Bell making Kobe his bitch while I think about how weak the Mavs are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEG4F84Odtc

Medvedenko
12-27-2007, 02:03 PM
I love the Maynard pic in your avatar....but yes the Lakers are playing out of their mind...they have to as they are a team with 1 allstar, with 2 starters injured and not to mention having the 2nd youngest team in the L. Dallas has 3 allstars and a veteran team. No comparison.

ratm1221
12-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I love the Maynard pic in your avatar....

Thanks.

:toast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNrpzvbdy8

Purple & Gold
12-27-2007, 09:31 PM
:lol I laugh at a Lakers Fan trying to talk trash. Lakers will be lucky to be .500 by the end of the season. Nothing has changed since last year. Trade Kobe.

:lol :lol at all the Mavs fans that think the Lakers haven't improved. Bynum is a beast now, Farmar has improved big time, Fisher gives us that veteran leadership, Ariza was a great addition, Kobe and Phil are still Kobe and Phil, and Smush is no longer a Laker.

Lakers are much better than last year and only blind delusional Laker haters are the only ones that can't see that.

Once again wake me up once the Mavs find some type of inside presence. :sleep :sleep

LakeShow
12-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Poor Phoenix and Dallas. Your window is closed, you had a good run. Now step aside for the BIG BOYS, Boston, Los Angeles, San Antonio and Detroit!

ludda
12-28-2007, 12:13 AM
wow laker fans are getting incredibly cocky
Though can't say I wouldn't love to see the fakers beat the suns this year and DAntoni's expression.

LakeShow
12-28-2007, 12:42 AM
wow laker fans are getting incredibly cocky
Though can't say I wouldn't love to see the fakers beat the suns this year and DAntoni's expression.

I feel pretty good about this team but I said that earlier in the season. As long as they remain healthy they will compete with the best of them. Book It! :)

ehz33satx
12-28-2007, 12:55 AM

At least Lakers fans can look to their championship banners to back their trash talk. What do the Mavericks have? Their Western Conference Champion banner?
Their one banner certainly emboldens Mavs fans and their Mavericks team. Jason Terry and Hairy Shithouse sure do look down on other teams but for what? What have they won lately, or for that fact, ever?

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 09:30 AM
At least Lakers fans can look to their championship banners to back their trash talk. What do the Mavericks have? Their Western Conference Champion banner?
Their one banner certainly emboldens Mavs fans and their Mavericks team. Jason Terry and Hairy Shithouse sure do look down on other teams but for what? What have they won lately, or for that fact, ever?

Your smack is weak. Give up. You're pathetic.

ehz33satx
12-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Your smack is weak. Give up. You're pathetic.
You and your 10,000 identities are weak. You talk more smack than anyone on here Mouse. I am just stating the obvious when I say the Mavs have delusions of grandeur when they are still just a second tier NBA team and not elite like
the Spurs and the Lakers, who have actually won something in their storied histories. What have the Mavs won that makes them think they are the shits?
Not a damn thing but a Western Conference Champions banner. Now thats weak.

BonnerDynasty
12-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Some dude on Rome is repping the Lakers pretty hard.

What a joke. Spurs would dominate these guys in playoffs. They should be able to beat the Suns though.

God damn Fisher scares me though.

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 02:07 PM
You and your 10,000 identities are weak. You talk more smack than anyone on here Mouse. I am just stating the obvious when I say the Mavs have delusions of grandeur when they are still just a second tier NBA team and not elite like
the Spurs and the Lakers, who have actually won something in their storied histories. What have the Mavs won that makes them think they are the shits?
Not a damn thing but a Western Conference Champions banner. Now thats weak.

I don't know who the fuck you think I am, but you don't. This is my only active screen name on this site. Have someone check my IP. Doesn't matter who I am, though. Your smack is still pathetic. Go play with your barbies little boy.

Supergirl
12-28-2007, 03:52 PM
No.

The Lakers are always a dangerous team to play, because Kobe is so good he is capable of winning by himself at times. But that will never be enough to win in the playoffs.

Bynum is good, but has not proved he can even stay in games consistently, much less grind it out in a 7 game playoff series. And the rest of the Lakers are just scrubs who sometimes play well, sometimes don't, but haven't proven anything yet.

The Mavs are, on paper, as good as they were last year. But their problem is all mental, and they haven't figured out how to snap out of their loser mentality yet.

The Suns are the second best team in the west, after the Spurs. I expect them to meet again in the playoffs again next year, probable in the West Finals if not the semis again.

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
No.

The Lakers are always a dangerous team to play, because Kobe is so good he is capable of winning by himself at times. But that will never be enough to win in the playoffs.

Bynum is good, but has not proved he can even stay in games consistently, much less grind it out in a 7 game playoff series. And the rest of the Lakers are just scrubs who sometimes play well, sometimes don't, but haven't proven anything yet.

The Mavs are, on paper, as good as they were last year. But their problem is all mental, and they haven't figured out how to snap out of their loser mentality yet.

The Suns are the second best team in the west, after the Spurs. I expect them to meet again in the playoffs again next year, probable in the West Finals if not the semis again.

Agree. Agree.

ludda
12-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I also agree the main problem with the mavs is mental. Ever since they failed in the playoffs and were humiliatated, they have the mental makeup of a 5yr old. Dirk especially, he used to be pretty good in the playoffs, now he sucks in the playoffs AND the regular season (so far). And Avery Johnson is like a mad scientist that is trying to mold them into something their not (the Spurs, we can't all be great).

Suns main problem is their blackhole hole defensively with Amare inside. Plus the fact that their offense goes to shit without Nash there every second to spoon feed them. The regression of Diaw is also a problem, in 06 he was going to be a "star" and he was an important piece.

Lakers are obviously much better than last season. Any team without Smush parker automatically becomes 50% better. However, their biggest question is how consistent they will be. I don't see them on the level of the Spurs (thats laughable really) but the 2/3 spot of best in the west MAYBE theirs, tho I'm not convinced yet.

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 05:12 PM
At least the Mavs can still beat the elite teams.

ehz33satx
12-28-2007, 05:50 PM
At least the Mavs can still beat the elite teams.

At least the Spurs and Lakers can win championships and not fold under the pressure. Now tell me I am lying.

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 05:56 PM
At least the Spurs and Lakers can win championships and not fold under the pressure. Now tell me I am lying.

I'm going to miss you posting here when Tim Duncan retires.

ehz33satx
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't know who the fuck you think I am, but you don't. Your smack is still pathetic. Go play with your barbies little boy.

I don't resort to calling names. I stopped being a boy 20 years ago. What have I said to you but the obvious, the Spurs and Lakers have won something, so us as fans at least have a leg to stand on when we talk smack. Your Mavericks are still floundering about trying to win their first championship, which has not happened yet and may never happen, being as mentally fragile as they are. When your team has won a championship, then you can come and talk smack to Spurs and Lakers fans. Come at me like a man and stop with your childish name calling. Until then kiss my ass. I await your retort with your calling me names again.

ehz33satx
12-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm going to miss you posting here when Tim Duncan retires.

At least you will still be thinking about me when he retires. I would have forgot all about you by then.

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I don't resort to calling names. I stopped being a boy 20 years ago. What have I said to you but the obvious, the Spurs and Lakers have won something, so us as fans at least have a leg to stand on when we talk smack. Your Mavericks are still floundering about trying to win their first championship, which has not happened yet and may never happen, being as mentally fragile as they are. When your team has won a championship, then you can come and talk smack to Spurs and Lakers fans. Come at me like a man and stop with your childish name calling. Until then kiss my ass. I await your retort with your calling me names again.

I love when the shit talkers get their feelings hurt and try to play the victim. I've seen you're posts, and they are far from innocent. Thanks for playin'.

Jason Terry ~ 3-22 in the past 2 games.
Haha! Hehe! :lol

Now go back to your dream world where you say whatever you want and nobody says anything back.

ehz33satx
12-28-2007, 07:32 PM
I love when the shit talkers get their feelings hurt and try to play the victim. I've seen you're posts, and they are far from innocent. Thanks for playin'.

Now go back to your dream world where you say whatever you want and nobody says anything back.

I have better things to do than to argue with 20 year olds with 8th grade educations. So this will be my last response to you. Take care RAck The Mouse. I wish you and your Mavericks the best. Hopefully this year you can finally celebrate an NBA championship. Or not.

ratm1221
12-28-2007, 07:47 PM
I have better things to do than to argue with 20 year olds with 8th grade educations. So this will be my last response to you. Take care RAck The Mouse. I wish you and your Mavericks the best. Hopefully this year you can finally celebrate an NBA championship. Or not.

Feeling is mutual. 20 for me is a distant memory, but I won't deny that I act like an 8th grader when I'm talking to someone that acts like one themselves. Don't let the door hit ya...

yourcheatinheart
12-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the Lakers were 18-10 at this same point last year...but still, they are looking as best as they have since the 2004 Laker collapse.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/meeks4president/crowlaugh.gif

:lol :lol :lol