PDA

View Full Version : The official "What did you give for Christmas?" thread.

Cry Havoc
12-25-2007, 09:50 PM
I figured this thread would be nice as well, since the other is running rampant.

I'm a man of limited means, so I couldn't get people a lot of expensive stuff.

I got my dad a set of 4 music CDs that I think he'll like.
I also got him an electric drill.

I got my stepmom some soap from Lush cosmetics. (www.lush.com)

I got my Mother and Stepfather the complete "Planet Earth", the best documentary I've ever seen.

I gave my half-brother $20, he gave it back to me, and we called it even.

My ex and I are on really good terms, so we agreed to get each other something nice. I got her a Canon Powershot 7.1 megapixel camera with auto-stabilization.

duncan228
12-25-2007, 10:47 PM

:lol

It was just our immediate family this year, we got the kids a combination of what they needed (clothes) and what they wanted (a couple of video games, books, CD's, iTunes $, iDocks). Did the same for ourselves.

It may have been smaller than some years but it was a really nice day.
Everyone loved what they got, there aren't any returns or exchanges.

As cliche as it sounds, we just had a wonderful, quiet day together.
Played the new games, watched "A Christmas Story", had a wonderful meal. Talked, laughed.

I liked this Christmas much better than some of the "sea of presents" ones where even with so much something was never right.

TheTruth
12-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I got my GF jewelry, Wii games, Hello Kitty lamp, bathrobe and slipper set, spurs shirt, Office season 3.
Got my sister starbucks stuff.
Got my brother cowboy boots.
Got my mom gardening stuff
Got my dad lowes gift card.

Mandy did all the getting for her side of the family.

T Park
12-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Got my dad Derek Jeter's cologne, and some Tiger Woods golf shirts.

Got my mom an HP photo printer, a couple of digital picture frames, "Broken Trail" on DVD.

My cousins were all gift cards that they wanted..

Melmart1
12-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I got my mom Joy Perfume cus that is her favorite of all-time.

My sister coveted a pair of my shoes I got from Naturalizer so I got her some in her size. Luckily we don't wear the same size or else mine woulda been gone and I would have been purchasing a second pair for myself.

My oldest nephew got a cell phone, the other got a little chef baking set because he is finally old enough to help me bake. They were both beyond thrilled. Of course, oldest nephew has used up almost all of his minutes I prepaid on the phone, so no more until next month :nope

My dumbass brothers got video games.

mrsmaalox
12-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Husband: Eric Clapton autobiography/CD set, home brew supplies
Oldest son: TV/DVD combo, Spurs stuff, cash
Daughter: PS2, tons of clothes, cash
Youngest son: computer, Star Wars stuff, cash

And probably the coolest one: My brother and I sent my parents to Phoenix last weekend for an Andrea Bocelli concert. They LOVE him so it was a big thrill!

PakiDan
12-26-2007, 02:36 PM
The Ojo.

angel_luv
12-26-2007, 02:51 PM
I gave my land lady a tea pot because she collects them.

I bought my room mate a candle set.

Most of my friends and co-workers got Christmas cards, except for the few I exchanged gifts with.

One girl I gave dog toys for her new three legged puppy that she just loves.
Another friend I gave home decor.

I haven't finished shopping for my mom since she comes into town in the New Year.

angel_luv
12-26-2007, 02:53 PM

:lol Genius!

Kori Ellis
12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
We gave Rock Band, other video games, books, clothes, games, a poker set and other stuff to timvp's brothers. We gave books, a suitcase, makeup, perfume and shoes to his mom, and books, some housewares to his dad. We gave liquor, clothes, beauty products and other items to friends. We gave toys and clothes to foster children as part of a sponsorship program.

Kori Ellis
12-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Oh and we gave Yogi and Deuce some special food that they like :lol

E20
12-26-2007, 03:32 PM
I gave out toilet paper.

Thunder Dan
12-26-2007, 03:54 PM
My dad is a big Ohio State fan so I got him a helmet signed by Jim Tressel, Chris Wells, and James Laurinitis. I'm friends with one of the assistant coaches through business so he helped me out and got it signed for me. My dad was pretty pumped because it was signed to him personally.

That was my only good gift, other than that I just gave out gift cards to everyone including my GF

resistanze
12-26-2007, 04:50 PM
What did I give?

lCRsTRwMIs8

SpursWoman
12-26-2007, 05:40 PM
What did I give?

What a coincidence! :lol

What did I/we give? A lot ... there were some very happy people in my house yesterday. :drunk

CharlieMac
12-26-2007, 11:58 PM
A trip to Vegas.

J.T.
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Youngest son: computer, Star Wars stuff, cash

This kid is on the right track. I'll vote for him when he runs for president.

As for me I made out pretty nicely. When my family asked me what I wanted I just said cash or giftcards and not to do anything special... and I get this:

Colts sweater
Colts #21 Sanders authentic jersey
Clothes (some t-shirts, pajama pants, weird socks from my eccentric aunt that are going in the garbage after I send her a thank you card...)
That 70s Show Season 7 (I am glad I got this since I was planning to buy it with the aforementioned cash/giftcards)
A book on the best American sports journalism, since that is my career goal, and a book called "501 Greatest Films of All Time" or some such... looks interesting
New power drill, some cologne, shot glasses and....
$400 cash
$150 in random gift cards (wal-mart x2, best buy x2, target and sonic)

mrsmaalox
12-27-2007, 12:15 AM
This kid is on the right track. I'll vote for him when he runs for president.

As for me I made out pretty nicely. When my family asked me what I wanted I just said cash or giftcards and not to do anything special... and I get this:

Colts sweater
Colts #21 Sanders authentic jersey
Clothes (some t-shirts, pajama pants, weird socks from my eccentric aunt that are going in the garbage after I send her a thank you card...)
That 70s Show Season 7 (I am glad I got this since I was planning to buy it with the aforementioned cash/giftcards)
A book on the best American sports journalism, since that is my career goal, and a book called "501 Greatest Films of All Time" or some such... looks interesting
New power drill, some cologne, shot glasses and....
$400 cash
$150 in random gift cards (wal-mart x2, best buy x2, target and sonic)

Wow, JT, my kid does Sonic too! Good thing you didn't tell your family what to get for you!

SequSpur
12-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Bottles of Crown Royal in gift baskets.

Barbarian
12-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Spent my whole damn paycheck on my daughter...no one else matters. she was more interested in the fucking wrapping paper than the toys. Next time ill buy her a box of freaking construction paper and save myself some money. :madrun

marini martini
12-27-2007, 12:33 AM
weird socks from my eccentric aunt that are going in the garbage after I send her a thank you card...)

Please don't throw them out, I'll take them :lol

J.T.
12-27-2007, 12:45 AM
weird socks from my eccentric aunt that are going in the garbage after I send her a thank you card...)

Please don't throw them out, I'll take them :lol

Do you have big feet because I wear size 13 shoes.

Barbarian
12-27-2007, 12:53 AM

This is not the place to impress women. Nice try though.

J.T.
12-27-2007, 01:03 AM
This is not the place to impress women. Nice try though.

Yeah, you caught me there. My bad.

Well happy christmas to everyone then. I'm going to sleep.

Oh yeah my sister bought me a box of dog treats for my dog and a petsmart gift card. I'll remember that on her birthday. Get my dog a christmas gift and not me. :lol

mrsmaalox
12-27-2007, 01:15 AM

Are you sure you're not my son? He wears 13 too!

J.T.
12-27-2007, 01:20 AM

I might wear 13 1/2 just to eliminate the Twilight Zone moment that's happening right now.

marini martini
12-27-2007, 01:21 AM

It doesn't matter what size they are, will pull the toes, under my toes ,and do what you boom, to me :toast

Do not hang your fuckin' self either, I want them fuckin' socks :lol

marini martini
12-27-2007, 01:22 AM

The 12 year old???????????????????????????????????? :lol

And he loves Hannah Montanna? He would make a happy mate :clap

mrsmaalox
12-27-2007, 01:30 AM
The 12 year old???????????????????????????????????? :lol

And he loves Hannah Montanna? He would make a happy mate :clap

No dear, the Hannah Montana fan is 11 and a girl!

marini martini
12-27-2007, 02:01 AM
No dear, the Hannah Montana fan is 11 and a girl!

Thanks , dear will try to remember :spin

2Blonde
12-29-2007, 01:35 AM
I gave my daughter a wii system and a bunch of games and assorted accessories that went along with it. That stuff adds up quick $$$. I also gave her some clothes, makeup and slippers. Oh yeah, we also bought her a car!!! It wasn't really a Christmas present. Her 16th Birthday is in about 10 weeks (March). My car was going into the shop for about a week for some repairs and rather than rent a car when we were going to be buying one in the next couple of months anyways, it seemed like a good idea. We got her a used 2007 Ford Fusion. It's very sharp and still has the warranty intact. Got a great deal. She was so surprised when I drove up in it. She thought it was a rental and when I told her it wasn't she went crazy jumping up and down. It was so cute.

I got my husband a new recliner that he picked out and I got him the Tiger Woods game for the wii system. He also wanted Gladiator on HD but it's not out in HD yet so I gave him a a certificate for that.

Hot Wheels game for wii for my nephew.
Gift card for the family name I drew.
Some ornaments for friends ( We have an ornament exchange every year)

2Blonde
12-29-2007, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah, Mrs. Maalox, can I join your family?? I want that Eric Clapton autobiography/CD set. I totally have a thing for him. :dramaquee

mrsmaalox
12-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Oh yeah, Mrs. Maalox, can I join your family?? I want that Eric Clapton autobiography/CD set. I totally have a thing for him. :dramaquee

Yep, he is pretty wonderful! Hell I'd vote for him for president!

J.T.
12-29-2007, 02:09 AM
I gave my daughter a wii system and a bunch of games and assorted accessories that went along with it.

My cousin got one for his kids too... I just accused him of getting it for himself and passing it off as a gift.

Oddly enough I haven't played Wii yet. . .