PDA

View Full Version : help with a Duncan photo (4 banners in background)

Creation88
12-26-2007, 12:57 PM
hey guys,

i've been looking for the location (on the internet) of a Duncan photo with all 4 Championship banners in the background above him. his head is down as if he's about to start the game and the banners are a bit outta focus.

i know someone has it on their sig, and i've tried to rifle through the posts but can't find it.

please let me know where it is originally located if you know.

THANKS!

roycrikside
12-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Go to Yahoo sports, go to Spurs, go to photos, and check back 10 or 12 games, before Duncan got hurt. It was by D. Clarke Evans of NBAE Getty Images. I like that pic a lot.

Creation88
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6397/nbagduncan580pg5vq3.jpg

this is it but i'm trying to find the original image so that i can RESIZE it or buy it.

i want to make a poster outta it.

duncan228
12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
It's gone from yahoo.
Here it is from my photobucket.
There are 3 other versions.
One with his head up and 2 with him facing front, the banners behind him.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/11-23_banners.jpg

THE SIXTH MAN
12-26-2007, 01:22 PM
my sig???

Man In Black
12-26-2007, 01:27 PM
If all you want to do is make a poster out of it, couldn't you just save that image...take it to Microsoft Powerpoint and then as long as you load a printer that has the ablity to make that poster, you can print it out. You are looking for a large format printer. Just make sure that when you stretch out the picture, it doesn't pixelate that much. Looking at my pre-print image, it doesn't seem like it does.

Creation88
12-26-2007, 01:30 PM
yeah i'm obviously trying to not pixelate it so i want the original (usually a larger format).

i went through getty images and it cost $90. too pricey.

please let me know if you guys find a bigger one anywhere else.

thanks!

duncan228
12-26-2007, 01:31 PM
If it helps, the date that pic was taken was 11-23.
The other 3 that are similar were 11-7 and 11-11.

Creation88
12-26-2007, 01:36 PM
If it helps, the date that pic was taken was 11-23.
The other 3 that are similar were 11-7 and 11-11.

do you have the other versions? link to your photobucket?

Dex
12-26-2007, 01:48 PM
yeah i'm obviously trying to not pixelate it so i want the original (usually a larger format).

i went through getty images and it cost $90. too pricey.

please let me know if you guys find a bigger one anywhere else.

thanks!

Here's a trick I learned back in my graphic design days if you absolutely need to get a picture to a higher resolution:

Take the existing picture you have (in this case, the one that is 660x438 and most likely at 92 ppi Resolution), print it at original size and full quality, and then scan it using a flat-bed scanner at a much higher resolution (probably like...300-500 ppi). It will take forever to scan at this resolution, but once it finishes you should have a nice copy of the image that you can use for larger formats.

I did this to take a few 3x3" clips from a novel and blow them up for a movie poster project, and it worked like a charm.

Creation88
12-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Here's a trick I learned back in my graphic design days if you absolutely need to get a picture to a higher resolution:

Take the existing picture you have (in this case, the one that is 660x438 and more than like at 92 ppi Resolution), print it at original size and full quality, and then scan it using a flat-bed scanner at a much higher resolution (probably like...300-500 ppi). It will take forever to scan at this resolution, but once it finishes you should have a nice copy of the image that you can use for larger formats.

I did this to take a few 3x3" clips from a novel and blow them up for a movie poster project, and it worked like a charm.

nice! i can do that. i was gonna go through photoshop and what not but that seems much more promising.

i have the hardware at my disposal too . . . being in architecture at UT and all has it's benefits.
:spin

Dex
12-26-2007, 01:58 PM
nice! i can do that. i was gonna go through photoshop and what not but that seems much more promising.

i have the hardware at my disposal too . . . being in architecture at UT and all has it's benefits.

Sounds like you're in good shape. :smokin I miss the days of having a lab of computers, scanners, printers, and dark rooms at my disposal.

Explains why I never get shit done these days, I guess.

duncan228
12-26-2007, 02:00 PM
do you have the other versions? link to your photobucket?

The only other one I have is the same one in THE SIXTH MAN's sig.

Joe Schmoogins
12-26-2007, 06:54 PM

Right on! I'm also an architecture major at Cal Poly. I'm actually living in DC for the year though, studying at an extension of Virginia Tech.

Sam the Snowman
12-26-2007, 07:56 PM

Take the existing picture you have (in this case, the one that is 660x438 and most likely at 92 ppi Resolution), print it at original size and full quality, and then scan it using a flat-bed scanner at a much higher resolution (probably like...300-500 ppi). It will take forever to scan at this resolution, but once it finishes you should have a nice copy of the image that you can use for larger formats.

This is some shit you wont see at SR!

Good Job! :toast

lefty
12-26-2007, 08:36 PM
When I had it as a sig, I took it from ESPN.com