PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Elson To Return, Everyone Else Cringes

duncan228
12-26-2007, 01:35 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/12/jeff_mcdonald_e.html

Jeff McDonald: Elson to return, everyone else cringes

Spurs backup center Francisco Elson is ready to return from the ankle injury that kept him out of the past three games.

"The injury is over," Elson announced after the team's shootaround Wednesday morning. "I'm ready to go. I'm eager to get back on the floor and get a fresh start."

Elson will be in uniform for tonight's home game against the Bulls, which based on recent history can only mean one thing for the Spurs. Someone else is going down.

That's been the trend for the Spurs this month. Gain a player, lose a player.

Tim Duncan returned from his four-game sprained ankle-induced hiatus on Dec. 15 against Denver. That same night, Elson had to be helped off the floor with an ankle injury of his own.

Last Saturday against the Clippers, Tony Parker returned to action after missing four games with -- yes -- a sprained ankle. By night's end, Manu Ginobili was on the shelf with a finger sprain.

For the Spurs' sake -- and for the sake of their already overworked training staff -- here's hoping the trend stops tonight. All healthy Spurs players might want to take a moment to re-up their medical insurance, just in case.

E20
12-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I thought everyone is cringing about Elson's play or something. :lol

Dex
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Every post by Jeff McDonald makes me want to key his car a little more.

Way to jinx us, assface.

BeerIsGood!
12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
I also thought it was going to be an insult to Elson... bad selection for an article title I guess..

It's only bad to us here at Spurstalk because we actively talk about cringing every time Elson checks in the game. To others it may not be obvious.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
I cringe when Elson plays too.

Cry Havoc
12-26-2007, 02:03 PM

Likewise. :lmao

Darkwaters
12-26-2007, 02:19 PM

Had Ludden written that headline I would have seen it as a prophecy predicting an Elson trade.

SpursFanFirst
12-26-2007, 02:33 PM

:lol That's how I took it too!

Supergirl
12-26-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL - I also was expecting a critique of Elson.

ShoogarBear
12-26-2007, 03:28 PM
LMAO @ timvp writing headlines for the E-N.

ploto
12-26-2007, 09:24 PM
... and down goes Brent

T Park
12-27-2007, 12:41 AM
I know I cringed when Elson came in...

Dex
12-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Way to jinx us, assface.

wildchild
12-27-2007, 06:49 AM
[url]...Elson will be in uniform for tonight's home game against the Bulls, which based on recent history can only mean one thing for the Spurs. Someone else is going down.

... and down goes Brent

Jeff McDonald is without question the worst writter I've ever seen.

SouthernFried
12-27-2007, 07:37 AM
He may suck...but, that was damned prophetic.

SAGambler
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Well, that really isn't a true analogy, since we know Manu was injured long before he was sat down. Tony coming back had nothing to do with it.

But I suppose you can take circumstances and make any case you want with it.

I don't see it as a jinx. That everytime one comes back another gets injured.

It's a contact sport, and guys are going to get injured all the time. We don't need to get some crap in their heads, that everytime a guy comes back, another one goes down. Kinda like that "we can't win a back to back" that got in their heads last year.