PDA

View Full Version : Manu injured

Ginofan
12-30-2004, 06:29 PM
WOAI News 4 just reported that Manu has a strained neck (caused by that vicious throw down in the 3rd quarter of the Suns game) and he is doubtful for tonight but will be a game time decision.

Sec24Row7
12-30-2004, 06:36 PM
eh?

PM5K
12-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Brent Barry Time......

Phenomanul
12-30-2004, 06:59 PM
The worse part was that they didn't even call a foul on Amare....

angel_luv
12-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh no! Poor Gino! I always tell him to be careful and not get hurt. I wish he would listen better. =)

kolko
12-30-2004, 07:57 PM
Manu just confirmed he won't play tonight. He thinks he will play tomorrow.

angel_luv
12-30-2004, 08:14 PM
I think that is a wise decision. I hope Gino feels good as new really soon. I just hate it when he is hurt.

Solid D
12-30-2004, 08:34 PM
The worse part was that they didn't even call a foul on Amare....

It actually happened when Manu battled for a rebound with Steven Hunter. I don't think Steven intended to hurt Manu, but Manu was off balance and his legs went out from under him. I was wondering how Manu was able to continue playing after that. He hit flush on his back and I was surprised Manu didn't hit his head.

ALVAREZ6
12-30-2004, 08:57 PM
This sucks, i can finally watch this game because its on ESPN, and now manu is injured, the whole reason for me watching......

PM5K
12-30-2004, 08:59 PM
This sucks, i can finally watch this game because its on ESPN, and now manu is injured, the whole reason for me watching......

I thought it was on TNT, it is here anyway....

ALVAREZ6
12-30-2004, 09:01 PM
I thought it was on TNT, it is here anyway....
Whatever, yeah now i see it is on TNT,

timvp
12-30-2004, 09:07 PM
Hopefully he'll be fine. Back/neck injuries are always scary.

angel_luv
12-30-2004, 09:09 PM
You still going to watch Alvie?

ALVAREZ6
12-30-2004, 09:11 PM
You still going to watch Alvie?
I don't know , im pretty pissed off.

Yeah, of course i'll still watch.

angel_luv
12-30-2004, 09:16 PM
Lucky you! Root hard for me!

conversekid
12-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Time for Brent to step it up... hope he gets a lot of minutes

timvp
12-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I wonder who the Spurs will start. Obviously it'll be either Brent or Devin but I don't know if there is a clear favorite out of those two. Devin has been playing better lately but Pop may want to keep him coming off the bench.

TMTTRIO
12-30-2004, 09:19 PM
It actually happened when Manu battled for a rebound with Steven Hunter. I don't think Steven intended to hurt Manu, but Manu was off balance and his legs went out from under him. I was wondering how Manu was able to continue playing after that. He hit flush on his back and I was surprised Manu didn't hit his head.

I'm a little surprised that he didn't get injured more than he did. That looked really nasty and two plays later he gets slapped hard in the face. I'm kind of glad he's getting a period of rest because the last few games he's been beaten up on.

Brodels
12-30-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm guessing Devin.

But don't forget Beno. It could happen.

ALVAREZ6
12-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I'm guessing Devin.

But don't forget Beno. It could happen.
Beno only plays PG.

I think it will Barry, since he started last year, he knows what it's like.

It's good that they will both get good playing time.(barry & devin)

mysterious_elf26
12-30-2004, 09:21 PM
That makes tonight a must watch. It's time to see what Brent Barry could really do now.

usckk
12-30-2004, 09:26 PM
It will be interesting. If Brent Barry starts and succeeds, I wonder if Pop will let Barry start and let Manu comes off the bench. Manu can't play that many minutes anyways from the long summer, so wouldn't it make sense?

Brodels
12-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Beno only plays PG.

I think it will Barry, since he started last year, he knows what it's like.

It's good that they will both get good playing time.(barry & devin)

It doesn't mean that he has to always play point guard in the future.

And Beno has played a little bit of shooting guard this season. Or at least he's been on the floor with another point guard.

Brodels
12-30-2004, 09:35 PM
It will be interesting. If Brent Barry starts and succeeds, I wonder if Pop will let Barry start and let Manu comes off the bench. Manu can't play that many minutes anyways from the long summer, so wouldn't it make sense?

No it wouldn't make sense. Manu has played very well with the first unit. He's making an impact and doing all of the little things. I can't imagine that Pop would start Barry over Manu for any extended period of games.

timvp
12-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Manu is the starter this year no matter what.

angel_luv
12-30-2004, 09:36 PM
Though I enjoyed Gino coming off the bench, I would hate to see him lose his place as a starter. Gino has earned the position. I seriously doubt that Pop will take it away from him again.

manustarting2gd
12-30-2004, 09:39 PM
<<<<<<-----

Brodels
12-30-2004, 09:41 PM
<<<<<<-----

I know. What the hell would you do if Manu ended up on the bench? You'd have to come up with a new handle.

manustarting2gd
12-30-2004, 09:43 PM
:lmao

That would definitely suck :shootme.. lol

whottt
12-30-2004, 09:45 PM
I wonder who the Spurs will start. Obviously it'll be either Brent or Devin but I don't know if there is a clear favorite out of those two. Devin has been playing better lately but Pop may want to keep him coming off the bench.

Last year when Duncan was injured Pop started Malik even though Malik was in the doghouse...I think he didn't want to mess with his rotation.

IMO, if Pop's rotation is set I think Barry will start because Devin is the first swing off the bench, and if it isn't I think Devin will get the nod.

I have a hunch he will start Barry because I think his rotation is already set...plus Devin is the better SF and Bruce will need spelling...then again, he's Pop, and he almost never does what I think he is going to do...at first. Then he smartens up.

Brodels
12-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Which brings up an interesting point: What would posters with player names in their handles do if that Spurs player got traded? What would your new handles be, or would you simply keep the old name?

Examples:

timvp
tpark
Manu20
RobinstonToDuncan
Tony le Parker

Or, better yet, what if the Spurs someday fail to play SolidD?

angel_luv
12-30-2004, 09:52 PM
Gino posted earlier in the forum on his website that he would not be playing tonight. It is in Spanish. If you want to see it, this is the link:

http://manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17594

whottt
12-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Which brings up an interesting point: What would posters with player names in their handles do if that Spurs player got traded? What would your new handles be, or would you simply keep the old name?

Examples:

timvp
tpark
Manu20
RobinstonToDuncan
Tony le Parker

Or, better yet, what if the Spurs someday fail to play SolidD?

Ask the Admiral(the poster known as)...Life goes on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-30-2004, 10:10 PM
Barry will start and have his best game of the year.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2004, 10:12 PM
I think that it was already announced on radio that Barry is starting.

Kori Ellis
12-30-2004, 10:14 PM
It's Devin's birthday today and Barry's tomorrow. So hopefully they both have big games on both nights.

Rummpd
12-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Manu will miss at most 2 games = no worries.

Brown will probably draw start with Barry getting some minutes.

Per mention above Parker and Beno on court some tonight.

Spurs still will win.

MadDoc

deepsouth
12-30-2004, 10:22 PM
Gino posted earlier in the forum on his website that he would not be playing tonight. It is in Spanish. If you want to see it, this is the link:

http://manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17594
Manu posted
"Gente, no se preocupen si hoy el guerrero no juega!!

Descanso esta noche y espero volver maņana. Tengo el cuello muy duro todavia, supongo que para maņana estara mejor.

Un abrazo a todos y FELIZA!!" in his own forum.

People, don't worry if the warrior doesnt play today!! ;)
I will rest tonight and I hope I will come back tomorrow. My neck is pretty stiff, I suppose tomorrow it will be better.
Hugs for everybody and HAPPY NEW Y!!

(not much of translator myself).

Manu20
12-30-2004, 10:23 PM
I look for Barry to have a huge game tonight and hopefully he will get out of his slump.