PDA

View Full Version : Is Duncan's Back Okay?

duncan228
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
This is part of True Hoop's column today.

Has anyone here heard anything about Duncan's back not being "right" ?
I'm pretty good about finding Duncan news, this is the first I've seen anything about his back.
He's talking about the Suns game, maybe Duncan's back was hurting him then?

The column wasn't written by Henry Abbott today, I don't know what to think of the remark.
Does anyone know anything about this?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-28-431/Boxing-Day-Bullets.html

Boxing Day Bullets

Compiled by your humble servant Kurt from Forum Blue and Gold. Unless you don't like them, in which case Henry did them.

The Phoenix Suns have dropped five of eight, and the reason may be a harbinger of future playoff problems -- the Suns can't stop big men. Andrew Bynum had a career high 28 for the Lakers on Christmas. Two nights earlier Chris Bosh put up 42 (his career high). The scoring machine that is Erick Dampier had eight points in the first seven minutes against the Suns. Tim Duncan's back isn't right and he had 36. Shaq had his best game in a month. Al Jefferson put up 32 points. This past off-season, the Suns were true to their style and got smaller -- Kurt Thomas was out and Grant Hill was in. The Suns offense is still potent and Hill brings a nice mid-range game, but they can't seem to defend the paint. Don't you need to do that in the playoffs?

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-26-2007, 06:55 PM
False information. I've heard of no such thing.

manustarting2gd
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Bs

duncan228
12-26-2007, 06:58 PM
False information. I've heard of no such thing.

Well, if you haven't heard it and I haven't heard it, it must be false. :)

BeerIsGood!
12-26-2007, 07:16 PM
He probably meant ankle but screwed it up

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-26-2007, 07:27 PM
That's what I was thinking too.

duncan228
12-26-2007, 07:36 PM
It makes sense that he meant Duncan's ankle.

These guys get paid to write this, don't they?
True Hoop is an ESPN link.
You would think they'd get their facts right.
Or at least have proof-readers that would catch a mistake like that.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I guess you won't be writing an ode to these guys.

Dex
12-26-2007, 07:43 PM
:lol at the ode.

duncan228 is just very vocal about her appreciation. Nothing wrong with that.

(I was so tempted to put 'his' just for the hell of it, but thought that might get booted to the 'Feeding the Trolls' forum)

As for Duncan's back, I think it would've already been a topic of conversation on the forums if these reports were accurate. I've come to notice that the collective knowledge of this message board is better, faster, and more efficient than any single news site or channel.

duncan228
12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
:lol at the ode.

duncan228 is just very vocal about her appreciation. Nothing wrong with that.

(I was so tempted to put 'his' just for the hell of it, but thought that might get booted to the 'Feeding the Trolls' forum)

As for Duncan's back, I think it would've already been a topic of conversation on the forums if these reports were accurate. I've come to notice that the collective knowledge of this message board is better, faster, and more efficient than any single news site or channel.

:lol
I don't think putting "his" gets booted. It seems to get a laugh more than anything lately.

This site is the best place for Spurs info.
That's why I was surprised when I read the remark, because it hadn't been mentioned here or any of the other places I get my Duncan stuff from.

E20
12-26-2007, 08:49 PM
His back must hurt, he does carry the Spurs on a nightly basis.

m33p0
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM
His back must hurt, he does carry the Spurs on a nightly basis.

yeah... just look at what happened to manu's finger. :lol